Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In order to have a better idea of where we might rebuild, I going to list all of the potential FA's for next year who are very good players that I might want to sign to a big deal:

Blazers: None that I'd want to sign.
Bobcats: Okafor (PF - 87 with B+ Potential)
Bucks: None (that I'd want to sign)
Bulls: Deng if thought he could be a good PF, but I don't. Ben Gordon is at a position we are already strong.
Cavs: None
Celts: None
Clips: Brand if he doesn't take his option year (PF 93 with A potental), PG Shaun Livingson (PG 76, but A potential)
Grizzlies: None
Hawks: Josh Smith plays the wrong positon.
Heat: None
Hornets: Chris Paul, but I'm sure they'll exercise his option.
Jazz: Ditto for Deron Wiliams
Kings: None
Knicks: None
Lakers: None
Magic: None
Mavs: PG Devin Harris (79 with B potential might be worth signing.)
Nets: None
Nuggets: J.R. Smith doesn't play the right positions to interest us.
Pacers: None
Pistons: None with upside.
Raptors: None
Rockets: None
Sonics: Kevin Martin if he wasn't a SG/SF type.
Spurs: None, they are all too old and on the downside.
Phoenix: Marion if they didn't exercise the option, yes it is a position with a glut, but he is rated 92 at SF and would be tempting.
Wolves: Al Jefferson (PF 89 with A- potential.),
Warriors: Andris Bierdins (C 80 with B- potential - I doubt I'd want him, but if I fail to get anyone else, I might look at him.)
Wiz: If Arenas decides not to utilize his player option, that would be a top target. (PG 97 A potential)

So, our top possible targets:

PG Gilbert Arenas, PF Al Jefferson, PF Okafor. Everyone else, would be only if none of those 3 are available. Of course, if I end up getting one of the top picks and taking Stan Boone that will eliminate Jefferson or Okafor.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have decided I'm going to try to pursue Foye. He could be a very good PG down the line and we aren't doing anything this year or next in the playoffs which are Miller's last 2 good years. Let's see if we can move him for Foye. I try taking Ricky Davis as well to make the contracts work, but they reject that trade. They like the idea of unloading Juwan Howard who is 34 and is making 6.68 million this year. This deal works financially, and will only add .15 million to our roster this year. The bad thing about it is that Juwan has a player option next year. Of course, if we keep Miller on the pay roll he already is under contract for next year... decisions decisions.. Miller would make 9.83 million next year. If Juwan exercises his option the 2 together will cost just under 10 million dollars, 9.98 million. The extra .15 million probably won't be the deciding factor for a FA and Foye is a player with some potential who could become a star. I decide to take a chance and make the deal.

Our scouts report:

Foye is rated 79 overall (only 4 less than Miller), he is a better shooter from the 3 point line and has a better midrange shot. He is much worse at dribbling and passing than Miller. In fact, he is one of the worst passing PG's in the league. However, Iguodala is an efficient ball handler and passer. He isn't quite as good defensively as Miller, but he isn't far behind. He has a great first step and is much faster than Miller. He'll be able to keep up with Iguodala and Young much better on the break if he can keep his dribbling and passing under control. He is averaging 14.0 ppg and 3.5 apg for the Wolves in 31 mpg.

Howard is rated 76 overall and is on the downside at 34. Still, he is averaging 7.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, and 1.0 apg. He is a decent scorer inside the paint and is a decent passer for a big man. He is a poor defender who doesn't hustle. He's been playing 19.1 mpg for the Wolves and is happy with that.. he's going to play much less for me as I like Shavlik Randolph's hustling style and he'll be our number 2 option at PF. Hopefully, Howard's expressive personality doesn't destroy the locker room more when he gets upset. At the very least, maybe it will make him decide not to exercise his option and we'll have even more cap room next year to pursue a big time FA...
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I thought for sure the Wolves were going to accept my offer as the "interest bar" was full when I made the offer. However they didn't. They did offer a counter deal! They want Bobby Jones, our 6'7 215 SF who hasn't played for us at all. He is 23 and was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago. He is rated 66 and our staff thinks he has little potential. They obviously think differently. I gladly throw him in the deal. Of course, it's not a bad deal for them as they are already over the cap and his deal expires at the end of the year. If they don't like what they see, he won't hurt them cap wise next year.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #54
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
In order to have a better idea of where we might rebuild, I going to list all of the potential FA's for next year who are very good players that I might want to sign to a big deal:

Blazers: None that I'd want to sign.
Bobcats: Okafor (PF - 87 with B+ Potential)
Bucks: None (that I'd want to sign)
Bulls: Deng if thought he could be a good PF, but I don't. Ben Gordon is at a position we are already strong.
Cavs: None
Celts: None
Clips: Brand if he doesn't take his option year (PF 93 with A potental), PG Shaun Livingson (PG 76, but A potential)
Grizzlies: None
Hawks: Josh Smith plays the wrong positon.
Heat: None
Hornets: Chris Paul, but I'm sure they'll exercise his option.
Jazz: Ditto for Deron Wiliams
Kings: None
Knicks: None
Lakers: None
Magic: None
Mavs: PG Devin Harris (79 with B potential might be worth signing.)
Nets: None
Nuggets: J.R. Smith doesn't play the right positions to interest us.
Pacers: None
Pistons: None with upside.
Raptors: None
Rockets: None
Sonics: Kevin Martin if he wasn't a SG/SF type.
Spurs: None, they are all too old and on the downside.
Phoenix: Marion if they didn't exercise the option, yes it is a position with a glut, but he is rated 92 at SF and would be tempting.
Wolves: Al Jefferson (PF 89 with A- potential.),
Warriors: Andris Bierdins (C 80 with B- potential - I doubt I'd want him, but if I fail to get anyone else, I might look at him.)
Wiz: If Arenas decides not to utilize his player option, that would be a top target. (PG 97 A potential)

So, our top possible targets:

PG Gilbert Arenas, PF Al Jefferson, PF Okafor. Everyone else, would be only if none of those 3 are available. Of course, if I end up getting one of the top picks and taking Stan Boone that will eliminate Jefferson or Okafor.

Wow, the game has contract options (both team and player)? BTW, get home early from New Orleans?

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-13-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #55
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Unless you get the Celtics curse when it comes to the ping pong balls. I like Okafor a lot.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Wow, the game has contract options (both team and player)? BTW, get home early from New Orleans?

Yeah, after getting some bad news yesterday, I just didn't feel like sitting through lectures today. I knew my mind wouldn't be in it. Since they were optional, I bailed on them. I did all of the political meetings and such that I had to do yesterday though.

Edit: Yes, the game has team and player options. You also can offer a player a no trade clause. All of those things are factored in where a player signs.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-13-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is at the 12-12 Pacers. They aren't very talented, but they are better than us. This will be a big road win if we pull it off.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the trade of Miller, we've definitely lost a defensive presence. Tinsley was torching Foye at times. I also notice that Foye can't make some of the passes that Miller made, he's already had a few turnovers. He's also had a few brilliant plays in which he has drawn guys out with his shooting range, used his speed, blown by them, and then kicked it out to an open shooter. He has 4 assists in the 1st quarter. We are down 29-24 at the end of 1.

Down 47-39 at the half, which isn't bad considering we didn't score for the first 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter as our offense went completely cold. Juwan Howard was actually a big contributor in getting us going again with 2 open jumpers for 4 points. Louis Williams also hit a few big shots off the bench including a buzzer beating 3.

Jermaine O'Neal has been their main star and he has 14 points and 7 boards at the half.

Young leads us with 11 points while Iguodala has 8.

We are shooting 29% including 1 of 13 behind the arc. They are shooting 48%.

Foye caught on fire in the 3rd, hitting 4 3 pointers! Thanks to his 16 points in the 3rd, we tied it up 66-66 at the end of 3.

Young had some big plays in the 4th quarter, including a 3 pointer on which he was fouled and hit the 4 point play. Also, our 2nd team played well for the first 5 minutes of the 2nd. Iguodala made some big plays and got some of their guys into foul trouble including Granger who ended up fouling out. All of this combines for a very successful 4th quarter! We win in our first game with the new guys!

We win 97-77!

Furthermore, Randy Foye wins player of the game! He had 18 points, 6 assists, 2 boards, and a steal. He shot 7 of 11, 4 of 7. He also had 3 turnovers which led the team.

Young led the team with 23 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 6 of 14, 1 of 3, and 10 of 13 as he was blowing by his man, Granger.

Iguodala had 15 points, 3 assists, 2 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 3 of 11, 0 of 3, and 9 of 10.

Louis Williams surprises with a great 16 minutes: 10 points, 4 assists, 2 boards, and 1 steal. He even hustled and played decent defense. He was 4 of 7 and 2 of 4 behind the arc.

Dalembert had 7 points and 14 boards. He shot 3 of 8 and 1 of 1 from the line.

Juwan Howad had 5 points and 2 boards in 16 minutes. He won't get that many minutes next time.

Starter, Jason Smith, only played 20 minutes as I'm cutting his time until he is 100% healed from his injury. In 20 minutes, he had 2 points and 3 boards.

Jermaine O'Neal finished with 18 points and 15 boards. He shot 9 of 18 from the field.

Granger and Tinsley each had 12 points. Tinsley finished with 8 assists.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-13-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Rasheed Wallace is going to miss a month with a separated shoulder.

Ouch, despite the win, the trade dropped the team's chemistry down to 24%.

The owner still seems happy with my performance, but he wants to see more improvement, faster. We are now 9-16.

Next up is our simmed game at the Lakers. Jason Smith is fully healthy now.

YES! We win 117-94 on the road against the Lakers. Kobe led them with 26 points, 6boards, and 3 assists (all 3 categories led the team), but he had to shoot 8 of 28, 2 of 8, and 9 of 12. Iguodala did a great job on him defensively. Odom had 16 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists. Luke Walton was the only other Laker in double digits with 11 points, 5boards, and 2 assists.

Iguodala led us with 22 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 8 of 11, and 6 of 6 from the line.

Foye had 18 points and 7 assists along with a steal. He shot 8 of 11 and 2 of 2 from the arc.

Young had 15 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists along with a block. He shot 4 of 6, 0 of 1, and 7 of 7.

Jason Smith had 12 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks He shot 4 of 6 and 4 of 5 from the line.

Carney had 12 points in limited time. He hit 3 of 3 behind the arc.

In just 15 minutes, Shavlik Randolph had 10 points and 5 boards. They hardly played Kwame as they went with a mostly small lineup and we just abused them inside as a result.

In 13 minutes, Louis Williams had 9 points and 3 assists. A nice win for the team today and our chemistry improves slightly.

Our next game is the next night at the 8-18 Grizzlies. Our team is going to be tired, but this is a winnable game as the Grizzlies aren't that talented.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-13-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As expected, we are tired and playing sloppy in the 2nd game of back to back road games. We are down 20-14 at the end of 1. No one's shot is falling consistently for us right now.

In the 2nd quarter, Louis Williams and Korver provided a boost at the beginning and that started a 12-2 run that continued when the starters came back. At halftime, we are up 37-29 as the Grizzlies are ice cold from outside the arc. The only one scoring for them is Gasol who has 8 points and 7 boards.

Iguodala leds us with 11 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists. Yong has 7 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists. Foye has 4 points and 3 assists at the half.

Midway through the 3rd, Foye goes down with an ankle injury. He's already been hurt once earlier in the year. Is he injury prone? Is that why they decided to trade him? I put Iguodala at the point and bring in Carney at SG and it works well throughout the 3rd, as we extend our lead to 12, but they cut it to 6 with a run at the end of the 3rd. 57-51 at the end of 3.

A solid 4th quarter maintains our lead and we win 79-71.

Iguodala wins player of the game. He finished with 23 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, and a block. He shot 6 of 14, 2 of 4, and 9 of 13.

Young finished with 16 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 6 of 17, 2 of 6, and 2 of 2.

Jason Smith had 6 points and 9 boards along with 4 turnovers. He shot 3 of 6.

In just 16 minutes, Louis Williams had 6 points and 5 assists.

In 25 minutes before he was hurt, Foye had 4 points and 6 assists.

Rudy Gay had a big second half and finished with 19 points and 7 boards. He shot 6 of 15, 1 of 4, and 6 of 10.

Miller hd 15 points but shot 6 of 20. Gasol finished with 10 points and 11 boards. He he was 4 of 10 from the field.

After the game, we find out that Foye has a twisted ankle, he will be about 70% for 5 days. I'll greatly limit his minutes.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Heh. I guess the Wolves are just being very indecisive. They have put Andre Miller on the trade block. He had 5 points and 8 assists in his first game with them. I thought it was a good trade for them as they are 6th in the Western Conference and I thought they were trying to win now. The Heat have placed Cassell on the block.

Our next simulated game (4 days later) is against the 14-13 Heat at our place. We lose 94-84.

Iguodala played great with 28 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists. He shot 10 of 20, 2 of 4, and 6 of 7. However, no one else played very well. Young had 10 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists along with 5 turnovers. He shot 3 of 9, 1 of 5, and 3 of 5. Jason Smith had 10 ponts and 4 boards. He shot 4 of 6, and 2 of 2 from the line. Louis Willimas got most of te minutes at the point due to Foye's injury and in 26 minutes he only had 6 points and 3 assists.

Wade led the Heat with 24 points and 9 assists, but we made him shoot 6 of 22, 1 of 4, 11 of 13 from the line.

Cassell chipped in 20 points and 4 assists. Shaq only played 18 minutes due to Dalembert getting him into foul trouble and he had 4 points and 7 boards along with a block. Shaq is averaging 29 mpg this yar, 14 ppg, 8 rpg, and 1 bpg.

Our next game that might get to tonight is on the road against the Kings. We are now 11-17 which has us 12th in the Eastern Conference. The Nets are 8th with a 15-13 record so we are currently 4 games out of a playoff spot, which I hope we don't get this year, but I won't tank games. Also, I need the team to win some games and show improvement so that I keep my job.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-13-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #62
Ironhead
College Prospect

Reading along as always. If you get canned does your career end or would you have a chance to hook on with another team?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #63
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

How does your played-out record compare to your simmed record?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Reading along as always. If you get canned does your career end or would you have a chance to hook on with another team?

I don't know. I'm hoping I'll get offered another job. There was an option when I started the career to turn off Owner firings, but I left them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
How does your played-out record compare to your simmed record?

I'll have to check later tonight after the USC game, but I think my played out record is slightly worse than the simmed record. I think they are close. I'll post the specifics tonight.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our record in played out games: 7-7

Our record in simmed games: 5-9

Yet our listed record is 11-17. It seems to have counted one of my wins as a loss. Odd, and I think this has been reported as a known bug on OS. Hopefully, it gets patched soon.

Foye is completely healed for our game tonight against the Kings on the road. They are 12-15 and we feel like we can win tonight.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #66
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
The Nets are 8th with a 15-13 record so we are currently 4 games out of a playoff spot, which I hope we don't get this year, but I won't tank games. Also, I need the team to win some games and show improvement so that I keep my job.

If, and when, you do make the playoffs, will you do the same pattern (play one game, then sim)?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #67
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Our record in played out games: 7-7

Our record in simmed games: 5-9

Yet our listed record is 11-17. It seems to have counted one of my wins as a loss. Odd, and I think this has been reported as a known bug on OS. Hopefully, it gets patched soon.
I was about to start an association, but then I read this. That worries me, although I trust that 2K will fix it.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Both offenses were on fire in the 1st. For us, it was Iguodala with 12 in the first quarter and Young with 10 in the 1st. There is more balanced scoring for the Kings. 32-27 at the end of 1.

Absolutely insane 2nd quarter. Iguodala and Young were both on fire, Foye was racking up easy assists by just passing to them and letting them drain 18-22 foot jumpers. Young has 25 points at the half. He is 8 of 12, 3 of 3 from the arc, and 6 of 8 from the line. Artest is trying hard to guard him, but he is shooting right over Artest. Iguodala is doing almost as good with 21 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists at the half. He is shooting 9 of 14, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2. Foye has 11 points and 10 assists at the half.

We are up 67-45. If we maintain this lead, I'll sit guys through a good part of the 4th, but it will be interesting to see if any of my stars can break 40 this game.

I find myself checking the gameplay sliders to make sure I didn't accidently set it to rookie, but I didn't. We are just on fire. We are shooting well over 60% for the game. I wonder if this type of night would have happened with Miller still here. I don't think it would. Miller's speed was lacking some, and Foye is so fast and quick that he is penetrating at will on Bibby and kicking it out for some open shots. As a result, at the end of 3, we are up 103-64!

I'm about to sit my starters. Foye has 13 points, 5 boards, and 17 assists. He is 4 of 6 from the field. He does have 4 turnovers from sloppy passes.

Young has 40 points, 4 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. He is 14 of 22 from the field, 6 of 6 from behind the arc, and 6 of 8 from the line. I think the rookie is arriving

Iguodala has 27 points, 7 boards, and 7 assists. He also has 2 steals and 2 turnovers. He has shot 12 of 19, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Even Dalembert is hitting some 8-10 foot jumpers that Foye is giving him that are open. He has 10 points and 9 boards. He is 3 of 4 from the field and 4 of 4 from the line.

Smith has 9 points and 5 boards along with an assist and a block. He is 4 of 5 from the field. Just a brilliant performance that is hopefully a glimpse of things to come. If there are no big men worth taking, I'll go PG in the draft, but I think Foye could be a long term answer at the position even though he has some more SG tendencies than PG tendencies at times. If there is a worthwile big man, that is definitely the direction we'll go in the draft.

Now back to the 4th quarter, I almost forgot about it I bring in the entire second team unit.

Final score: 118-93.

In limited time, Louis Williams had 5 points and 6 assists. Korver had 9 points all on 3's.

We shot 55% while holding them to 45%. We were 10 of 18 from behind the arc. They were 4 of 15. We had 38 assists to their 30. We had 13 turnovers to their 9. We outrebounded them 45-28. We had 7 blocks to their 1. We had 14 fast break points, mostly by Young, to their 6.

Hopefully, this is a flash of our future.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If, and when, you do make the playoffs, will you do the same pattern (play one game, then sim)?

Yes. Our ultimate success is going to depend upon how strong our roster is and not just my stick skills. Also, if we get to midway or 3 quarters through the season and we are eliminated from playoff contention, I may sim more games than I play in the interest of advancing to the offseason.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-13-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #70
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kirilenko is going to be out about a month with a broken wrist.

The Raptors Jose Calderon is going to miss about 6 weeks, also with a broken wrist. I think players heal quicker, the better your trainer is. I kept my default trainer on staff who is average, if I recall correctly.

Yes, Reed is an average trainer working for us. I'll probably replace him when his deal expires.

The Raptors offer Kris Humphries (PF 69) to me for Louis Williams. Louis is starting to show something, and I'm not sure about the potential that Humphries has. He hasn't played any minutes for the Raptors this year except for 1 game where he played 4 minutes. My staff thinks he is of questionable potential like Williams. I pass on the deal.

Our simmed game is against the Trailblazers on the road. We win 84-76 and correctly get credited with the win.

Brandon Roy led them with 17 points and 3 assists. Oden played 30 minutes and had 8 points and 7 boards against Dalembert.

Iguodala led us with 27 points, 11 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 11 of 19, 0 of 5, and 5 of 5.

Foye had 12 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 4 of 5, 1 of 1, and 3 of 3. I forgot to turn his minutes back up since he came back from his injury. As a result, he only played 22 minutes. I set him back to 32 now that he is healed from his injury.

Young had a terrible game. He shot 1 of 14, 0 of 7, and 0 of 0. He scored 2 points and had 5 boards.

In 21 minutes off the bench, Louis Williams had 6 points and 5 assists which led the team.

After we beat them, the Trailblazers drop down to 8-22. The next night we travel to play the Supersonics. They are 23-7 thanks to Durant who is having a great year as a rookie. He is averaging just under 20 ppg and 6 rpg along with just over 2 apg. The Sonics should be a fun matchup. I'll play them tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the All-Star game being a little over a month away, here is a look at the voting:

West:

PG:

Nash with 1.42 million votes.
Baron Davis with 1.1 million
Chris Paul with 1.07 million

SG:

Kobe 1.40 million
AI 1.23
Ginobili .78

SF:

McGrady 1.23
Carmelo 1.02
Marion .97

PF:

Dirk 1.35
Duncan 1.33
Boozer .92

C:

Yao .833
Stoudemire .71
Gasol .67

East:

PG:

Kidd 1.29
Arenas 1.26
Billups .98

SG:

Wade 1.45
Carter 1.04
Allen .86

Iguodala is 5th with .75

SF:

LeBron 1.55
Pierce .87
Rashard Lewis .80

PF:

Garnett 1.43
Bosh .97
Jermaine O'Neal: .89

C:

Dwight Howard .97
Shaq: .662
Ben Wallace .511

Dalmbert is 7th with .31 million
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at the top 16 in the "Power Rankings"

1. (5th last week) Magic 22-10
2. (3) 23-7
3. Suns (9) 16-14, but 3-0 in the last week
4. (8)Rockets (8) 19-11
5. (2) Celtics 16-12
6. (1) Nuggets 19-10, went 0-3 this week to drop down.
7. (4) Spurs 15-13
8. (12) Nets 17-13
9. (10) Heat 17-14
10. (14) Hawks 16-12
11. (6) Cavs 19-12
12. (18) Mavs 15-16
13.(13) Hornets 16-14
14 (7) Bulls 15-12
15. (11) Knicks 17-11
16. (16) Wolves 14-15

We were 28th last week but are now 27th after going 1-1 in the previous calendar week. Our record is now 13-17.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-13-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I was about to start an association, but then I read this. That worries me, although I trust that 2K will fix it.

Yeah, I'm sure 2k will fix it. FWIW, it's only affected our record by 1 game in 30 games so far. Still annoying. I'll have to re-read the glitch thread, it might be that a game is incorrectly listed as a "W" on the calendar when it is actually a "L" and the record is actually right. I only noticed it because I was trying to count all of the wins and losses for the question about my simmed record vs played out record.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #74
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure 2k will fix it. FWIW, it's only affected our record by 1 game in 30 games so far. Still annoying. I'll have to re-read the glitch thread, it might be that a game is incorrectly listed as a "W" on the calendar when it is actually a "L" and the record is actually right. I only noticed it because I was trying to count all of the wins and losses for the question about my simmed record vs played out record.
Hmm. If it's just that the calendar is wrong, I can accept that a lot better. I would just hate to spend over an hour playing a game and then have it give me the wrong result in the standings. I haven't even played against the CPU yet, but I think I'm gonna start my Grizzlies association now. 0-82, here we come!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #75
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
A look at the top 16 in the "Power Rankings"

1. (5th last week) Magic 22-10
2. (3) 23-7
3. Suns (9) 16-14, but 3-0 in the last week
4. (8)Rockets (8) 19-11
5. (2) Celtics 16-12
6. (1) Nuggets 19-10, went 0-3 this week to drop down.
7. (4) Spurs 15-13
8. (12) Nets 17-13
9. (10) Heat 17-14
10. (14) Hawks 16-12
11. (6) Cavs 19-12
12. (18) Mavs 15-16
13.(13) Hornets 16-14
14 (7) Bulls 15-12
15. (11) Knicks 17-11
16. (16) Wolves 14-15

We were 28th last week but are now 27th after going 1-1 in the previous calendar week. Our record is now 13-17.

Lot of suprises. The Mavs and Spurs are struggling, the Magic are 22-10?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Despite the huge win total, Seattle doesn't have that good of a "team talent rating." But, Durant and company seem to be carrying them to a lot of wins.

They are starting Kevin Martin at SG due to injuries and he is playing very well early. Meanwhile, Young is on fire early for us and is giving Foye some easy assists with jumpers from 18-22 feet out.

Young was on fire for his first 4 shots. He missed the next 6 and no one else on our team was hitting their shot consistently either. Durant missed his first 4 or 5 shots, but then he caught on fire and hit 5 in a row at the end of the 1st. He is so tall, that he was shooting over Young easily. At the end of 1, we are down 25-17 and Young is tired already from trying to cover Durant.

Carney with a big 2nd quarter to keep us within reach, but they have a lot of outside shooters: PG Earl Watson, SG Kevin Martin, and of course Durant. Together, they are killing us along with Szczerbiak and Ridnour off the bench. Chris Wilcox is doing a good job of rebounding down low and they are up 50-36 at the half. Dyrant has 17 points on 8 of 13 shooting. We forced him to miss 5 of his first 6 shots, but since then he has been on fire.

Carney leads our scoring with 13 points on 3 of 3 shooting behind the arc and 5 of 8 overall.

Down 74-61 at the end of 3. Watson exploded in this quarter for 10 points and 5 assists.

During the 2nd and 4th quarter, their backups destroyed ours. Particularly true in the 4th as they opened up a huge 20 point lead. We never got back into it. They win 103-79.

Earl Watson won player of the game for them with 23 points, 11 assists, and 4 boards. He shot 9 of 18 from the field, 3 of 8 from the arc, and 2 of 2 from the line.

Durant added 21 points, 4 boards, and 2assists. He shot 9 of 18, 0 of 3, and 3 of 4.

Ridnour had 17 points and 4 assists off the bench for them. Kevin Martin had 12 points and 6 boards. Chris Wilcox had 11 points and 10 boards. Szczerbiak had 8 points for them.

Carney led us with 23 points on 9 of 17 shooting, 5 of 6 behind the arc, and 0 of 0 from the line.

Young had 14 points on 6 of 18 shooting, 0 of 4 behind the arc, 2 of 2 from the line.

Iguodala had 13 points on 6 of 18 shooting. Foye had 11 points and 10 assists. In just 17 minutes, including 9 minutes of garbage time, Louis Williams had 4 points and 7 assists.

Jason Smith with a poor start. He played 30 minutes but only had 3 points and 3 boards.

That loss drops us to 13-18.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-14-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We receive word that Yao Ming has broken a bone in his foot and will miss 5-6 weeks.

Since, Galaxy mentioned that the Magic were surprising, I decided to look at them. They had 2 borderline superstars in Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis that are carrying them. Howard is rated 93 overall and is averaging 19.3 ppg, 13.6 rpg, and 2.4 bpg. He is shooting over 51%. Rashard Lewis is currently rated 92 (thanks to a morale boost) and he is averaging 21.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and is shooting over 48%. Delonte West is rated 80 and is thriving with the talent around him. He is averaging 13.5 ppg and 5.6 apg. Hedo Turkoglu is a 3 point specialist who is averaging 11 ppg. Carlos Arroyo is providing a great presence off the bench and the young PG is averaging 10.3 ppg and 5.5 apg. J.J. Redick is the worst of their starters and he is a solid shooter. He is averaging 9.4 ppg. He is shooting 43% including 36% behind the arc. They have 2 stars surrounded by nice complementary talent.

I do find the Spurs struggles surprising. Duncan is rated 99, Parker is rated 92, and Ginobili is rated 91. Duncan is averaging 24 ppg, 10 rpg, and 2.1 apg along with 2 bpg. Parker is averaging 16.4 ppg, 6.8 apg, and 2.9 rpg. Ginobili is averaging 16.1 ppg, 5 rpg, and 5 apg. They have a ton of talent. The only weakness is C where both Francisco Elson and Mutombo have been injured a lot and both are injured currently. Maybe that hole is dragging them down a bit for the moment. Both of their C's morale is horrible too and they both want more playing time when they are healthy.

In our simmed game at the Jazz who are 15-18, we lose 106-89. Boozer had 25 for the Jazz and Daron Williams had 13 points and 18 assists against us.

Iguodala led our team with 30 points, 9 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 11 of 22, 4 of 6, and 4 of 5. Foye had 10 points and 5 assists before fouling out of the game. Due to foul trouble, he only played 21 minutes. His defensive ability is starting to show how big of a flaw it is against the better PG's in the league. Young had 9 points, 3 boards, and 3 assissts. He shot 3 of 9 for the game. Jason Smith had 8 points and 7 boards in 31 minutes. He also had 2 blocks.

That loss drops us to 13-19.

Oh cool. I wasted time making that list earlier. The game is now providing a list of potential FA's!

The top 10 "potential FA's" according to the game (it also lists a column for whether there is an option or not and who has it on this screen - very nice)

1. Arneas PG 96 (without morale boost which is currently plus 1), player option
2. Elton Brand PF 92, player option
3. Paul PG 91, team option
4. Marion SF 92, player option
5. Deron Williams, PG 90, tam option
6. Al Jefferson, PF 89, no option
7. Emeka Okafor, PF 86, no option
8. Artest, SF 86, player option
9. Antawn Jamison PF 86, no option
10. Iguodala SG 84 No option. He won't renegotiate now, but he obviously will be a vital re-signing.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #78
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
The top 10 "potential FA's" according to the game (it also lists a column for whether there is an option or not and who has it on this screen - very nice)

1. Arneas PG 96 (without morale boost which is currently plus 1), player option
2. Elton Brand PF 92, player option
3. Paul PG 91, team option
4. Marion SF 92, player option
5. Deron Williams, PG 90, tam option
6. Al Jefferson, PF 89, no option
7. Emeka Okafor, PF 86, no option
8. Artest, SF 86, player option
9. Antawn Jamison PF 86, no option
10. Iguodala SG 84 No option. He won't renegotiate now, but he obviously will be a vital re-signing.

Anything that the game can't do?

Hopefully you can get Iguodala locked up quickly. If he decides not to stay a Sixer, I'm guessing you'll have to re-think of how to rebuild.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This next game is the Lakers on the road. Should be fun to see how Iguodala can do against Kobe.

Also, the Sonics's Earl Watson just broke a bone in his hand. He'll miss 4-5 weeks.

The Lakers are 10-20 and aren't much more talented than us. We should be able to beat them.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They came out at the beginning of the game with Odom at PF. He was hurting us with his range as Smith couldn't keep up, but Smith was pushing him around on the offensive blocks. After each player scored about 8 points, they moved Odom to SF where he was more evenly matched with Young. However, they had everyone hitting their shots and we didn't. Iguodala and Young with subpar quarters and we are down 29-19 at the end of 1.

Sheesh. We are controlling Kobe, but everyone is hitting open shots as a result. We are missing our shots. Down 55-30 at the half.

Odom leads them with 13 points. Igodala leads us with 7.

We are shooting 34% while they are shooting 51%.

Young heated up in the 3rd. The bad news is so did Kobe. We are being blown out 84-56. I'm going to sim the rest of this one. Actually, that gives a message that it will cause problems with accumulated stats on my user profile and milestones, so I'll finish it up. Still, it's time to give the kids some more PT.

110-73 loss. Kobe played for 6 minutes of the 4th and ended up with his usual big night.

Kobe wins player of the game. He finished with 31 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 4 steals. He shot 11 of 20, 3 of 7 from the arc, and 6 of 6 from the line.

Javaris Crittenton, their rookie, was abusing Foye and Louis Williams He finished with 21 points and 7 assists (mostly to Kobe.)

Odom finished with 18 points, 12 boards, and 7 assists.

Young led us with 19 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 8 of 17, 3 of 4, and 0 of 0.

Smith had 14 points, 4 boards, and 2 assist. He shot 4 of 9 and 6 of 6 from the line.

Iguodala had 12 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He was 5 of 18 from the field and 2 of 2 from the line.

Foye finished with 6 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists in 29 minutes. He shot 3 of 8.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With 3 looks at another guy, our scouts have a good idea of him. Percy Taft is a 20 year SG from Louisville who has an expressive temperament. He is projected to go top 5 and might be a selection for us if we can't sign Iguodala. He isn't that athletic but he is an excellent outside shooter as well as a very good defender. Our scouts think he has tremendous potential and compare him to Rip Hamilton. His strength is his clutch shooting and his high upside. His weaknesses are his below average post skills and athleticism.

Now, it is time to have my scout start looking at Matthew Thomas, the top C in the draft. He is 7'1 300 pounds and is projected to go in the top 10, but not the top 5. At first blush, our scouts think he'll be good but not great. Let's take a closer look at the 21 year old. I send my best scout to see what he thinks.

Our other scout who is just good, is very excited after his first look at Juan Carlos Ortiz from Mexico. He is saying that I should look at the kid closely as he feels this kid could become one of the best players in the NBA. He tells me to look carefully at his scouting report: He is supposed to be a lottery pick and my scout feels that is vastly underrating him. He has upgraded his potential to A. He is comparing him to Chauncey Billups. He has upgraded his outside shot to A+. He feels his playmaking ability is excellent at A-. He feels he is an A+ man defender. The 6'4 210 pound 22 year old PG definitely sounds interesting. I'll send my best scout to look at him once he finishes looking at the C. I don't want to go with just what this one scout sees.

Meanwhile, I send this scout to look at a PG from England that is projected to go in the lottery.

Surprisingly, the Lakers have placed Andrew Bynum on the trade block.

The Wolves have traded Andre Miller (PG 83) to the Heat for White Chocolate Jason Williams (PG 78)

The Lakers have traded Chris Mihm (C 72) to the Magic for A Foyle (C 69)

The Heat have traded PG Sam Cassell (80) to the Pistons for PF McDyess (77.)

Our chemistry is really diving with our record which is now 13-20. We lose our simulated game at the Nuggets 94-93. They are now 22-11 and that was a surprisingly good showing. Anthony led them with 23 points while AI had 21. Stackhouse added another 15 points.

Iguodala led us with 19 points, 4 boards, 5 assists, 5 steals. He shot 7 of 19 and 5 of 5 from the line.

Foye had 14 points and 3 assists. Young had 13 points and 8 boards. He shot 4 of 10. Louis Williams had 10 points and 4 assists in just 13 minutes.

This season is looking unlikely to improve and I want to get to the offseason. I'm going to a play 1, sim 2 schedule for a bit at least.

We lose a simulated game hosting the Bucks 88-68. They are now 19-15. We are now 13-22. Iguodala led us with 25 points, 7 boards, and 7 assists. He shot 6 of 17, 2 of 5, and 11 of 12. Foye had 12 points and 1 assist. Jason Smith had 9 points and 4 boards. Young had 2 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists in only 23 minutes before he fouled out. He shot 0 of 9.

Redd led them with 28 points. Maurice Williams had 16 points and 5 assists. Bell and Simmons each had 14 points.

We are now 13-22 and we travel to play in Toronto the next night.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #82
Galaxy
Coordinator

Any luck in a new deal with Iguodala?

The all-star break should be coming up, correct?

Interesting to see Minnesota move Miller to Miami. They must of not have been too impressed with him.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-14-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We started out up 11-5, but then they had an 18-0 run. We responded at the end of the quarter with a few points and we are down 23-16 at the end of 1.

Willie Green provides a huge spark at the beginning of the 2nd with 13 straight points before he cools off. That rush leads us to a 55-50 lead at the half.

We are shooting 64% as a team!

Young and Iguodala were hot in the 3rd quarter and Dalembert was getting put back slams. 85-78 lead at the end of 3.

Green can't give us that boost at the end of the 4th and while our starters rest, they close the gap. 95-95 with 2:46 to go.

Bosh makes it 97-95 with a nice up and under move against Dalembert. After exchanging defensive stops, Young draws a foul. He misses the 1st of 2 FT's. He makes the 2nd. 97-96 with 1:26 to go.

Bosh goes right at Dalembert and beats him again. He's having a great game. 99-96. Young sets a screen, passes it back to Foye who uses the screen and drills the 3! 99-99.

Dalembert with good defense on the 16 footer by Bosh, he misses it! 26 seconds left and we have the ball!

With 2 seconds left, Iguodala drives into the lane, gets bumped, no call, and misses the little 6 foot jumper. They rebound with 1.3 seconds left and call a T.O. Dixon misses the jumper at the buzzer. Time for O.T.

Ford finds Bosh for a slam on their first possession after we had missed a shot. Bosh is dominating the OT even blocking an Iguodala dunk. However, Young is keeping us in it, barely.

With 16 seconds left, Iguodala misses a jumper and they get the rebound and hit both FT's to gain a 4 point lead. Young misses a 3 and they get the FT's again to make it 6. Young hits a 3 this time to pull it within 3, but only 3 seconds left. They hit the FT's to end the game. 118-113 OT win for the Raptors.

We each shot 52%. We were 10 of 23 from the arc. They were 2 of 9. We outrebounded them 41-35. However, we had 12 turnovers to their 6.

Bosh led them with 44 points, 13 boards, 5 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 18 of 28, 1 of 2, and 7 of 8.

Ford had 22 points and 12 assists. Bargnani had 12 points and 4 boards. He shot 5 of 17. Dixon had 9 points and 6 assists, mostly in the 4th quarter which was huge for their comeback. Webber had 10 points and 14 boards for them.

Young led us with 32 points, 5 boards, 6 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 14 of 24, 3 of 5, and 1 of 2.

Iguodala had 21 points, 3 boards, and 7 assists. He also had a block He shot 8 of 21, 2 of 4, and 3 of 4.

Foye had 14 points, 6 boards, and 16 assists. He shot 5 of 7, 4 of 5 behind the arc, and 0 of 0 from the line.

Green finished with 13 points on 6 of 11 shooting, 1 of 5 from the arc.

Dalembert had 12 points and 10 boards.

We are 13-23 now.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any luck in a new deal with Iguodala?

The all-star break should be coming up, correct?

Interesting to see Minnesota move Miller to Miami. They must of not been too impressed with him.

No, it won't let me renegotiate with him any longer. I think I have to wait until after the season now. The bad news is that our income is dropping with the losses and decreased attendance. Our cash flow is drying up. The good news is that he is thrilled with his role on the team and morale is at 100.

The all star break is Feb 17th. I'm now at January 11th.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In our simulated game, we lose at home to the Bulls 105-62. Dalembert twisted his ankle in the game too and will be DTD for a week or so. Iguodala had 18 points, 11 boards, and 3 assists. Young had 18 points and 2 boards. No one else had more than 4 points. Foye had 4 points and 1 assist.

Deng led the Bulls with 22 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists. Hinrich had 19 points and 17 assists against Foye. Gordon and Nocioni each had 19 points. Ben Wallace had 5 points and 9 boards.

Our master scout isn't impressed with Matthew Thomas, the top C, on first glance. However, he says that we should take another look because he might be wrong about the kid. I send him to take another look. However, if the first look is right, this kid will be a poor offensive player.

"The Award Races" are now available to view.

The top 5 MVP candidates: LeBron, Garnett, Dwight Howard, Wade, and Dirk.

The top 5 rookie of the year candidates: Durant, Horford, Thaddeus Young, Corew Brewer, and Juan Carlos Navarro.

The Lakers have traded Andrew Bynum (C 72) to the Spurs for B Udrih (PG 72) That move is very good for the Spurs as their C's have been very banged up and having low morale. Not a bad move for the Lakers either who can play Radmanovic more as well as Najera and Cook. Meanwhile Udrih is a decent PG with some potential. He's about equivalent to Crittenton their starting PG right now in current ability and potential according to our scouts.

The Rockets traded M. James (PG 81) the Warriors for Stephen Jackson (SG 82.) The Rockets move Steve Francis into the starting lineup after that trade, not a dropoff of any significance. Stephen Jackson is better than their starting SG and they name him the starter. Meanwhile, the Warriors will give more time to Monta Ellis who was upset with his PT and free up some time for their solid backup SG's.

Our next game is at the Spurs. We lose 88-83. The Spurs are on the rise and are now 20-16 after that win. We drop to 13-25. Duncan led them with 31 points and 13 boards. Parker had 16 points and 7 assists. Ginobili had 11 points, 5 boards, and 6 assists.

Iguodala led us with 21 points, 5 boards, and 6 assists. Foye had 9 points and 6 assists. Young had 8 points and 3 boards. He shot 3 of 11.

Our next game is at the 23-15 Rockets who are still without Yao due to his injury. At least, that should give us a small chance against them.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-14-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at the top 10 power rankings now:

1. Celtics 22-13
2. Sonics 26-10
3. Spurs 20-16
4. Bulls 20-14
5. Nuggets 22-13
6. Heat 21-16
7. Suns 19-18
8. Jazz 19-19
9. Rockets 23-14
10. Cavs 23-14

The Magic are now 25-14 and have dropped to 12th after being 3rd in the power rankings last week. They went 1-3 this past week to cause the big drop.

Our 0-4 week dropped us from 29th in the rankings to 30th. Our 13-25 record is last in the Eastern Conference. The Blazers are 11-26 and the Grizzlies are 12-25. Our owner was very happy when he hired me. Now, he is quite a bit less happy. He says that we need to improve faster.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have a slim chance against the 25-13 Rockets since they are starting Chuck Hayes at C in place of the injured Yao. We'll try to work it inside.

Down 21-20 at the end of 1. So far, we are keeping T-Mac in check.

Down 40-36 at the half. We are playing excellent defense with Stephen Jackson being their only guy hitting most of his shots. However, our big guns are also missing their shots. Jackson leads them with 17 points. Iguodala leads us with 10, but he is working hard for those points and missing a lot of shots.

Down 64-57. At least we are within striking range despite a huge quarter from McGrady. Iguodala is trying to keep us in it, but he isn't getting much help except from Green off the bench.

With 2:17 left, we've pulled with 1 for the 3 time this quarter. Will we get the stop we need? We get Jackson to miss a jumper but T-Mac beats everyone to the rebound and lays it back in. 83-80.

Foye with a quick strike pass to Young who slams it home as we caught them napping right after the basket. 83-82 with 1:50 to go.

We get a stop, but we fail to score at the other end as Smith tries a post move down low but misses the 4 footer.

With 58 seconds left, T-Mac hits a jumper to make it 85-82. Young draws a foul on McGrady down in the post. He hits both FT's to make it a 1 point game again!

With the clock almost up, McGrady with a fade away 18 foot jumper. 87-84. 19 seconds left. Young misses the 3 point attempt. They get the rebound and we intentionally foul, but they hit both FT's. With 5 seconds left, Young hits a quick 3. Down by 2 now. They work hard to get the inbounds to McGrady and we intentionally foul. He misses the 1st FT! He makes the 2nd. No timeouts. 4 seconds left and we need a 3....

Iguodala with a long pass to Young.. he turns and shoots.. he makes it! No his foot was on the line, it's a 2. Ball game. 90-89 loss.

We shot 40%. They shot 41%.

We were each 5 of 16 behind the arc. We were 26 of 28 from the line. They were 12 of 15. They had 29 assists to our 20. They had 5 turnovers. We had 12. They had 10 steals to our 5. We outrebounded them 48-41.

McGrady was player of the game with 38 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 15 of 27, 2 of 5, and 6 of 8.

Jackson had 17 points, 8 boards, and 2 assists.

Francis had 14 points and 7 assists. Hayes had 14 boards at C but no points.

Against the small Hayes, Dalmbert had 12 points and 12 boards. Iguodala led the team with 23 points. He also had 5 assists and 2 boards. He shot 7 of 18, 1 of 2, and 8 of 8.

Young had 20 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 5 of 17, 2 of 7, and 8 of 10.

Foye had 13 points, 4 boards, and 7 assists. He shot 4 of 10, 1 of 4, and 4 of 4. Jason Smith had 4 points and 8 boards.

That loss drops us to 13-26 now.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #88
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Iguodala with a long pass to Young.. he turns and shoots.. he makes it! No his foot was on the line, it's a 2. Ball game. 90-89 loss.

Ouch.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We lose at the Celts 128-100. Allen had 30 points, Garnett had 25 points and 12 boards. Pierce had 18 points and 5 boards. Pruitt had 8 points and 8 assists.

Iguodala led us with 26 points, 2 boards, and 6 assists. He shot 11 of 19 and 4 of 4 from the line.

Foye had 20 points and 1 assists. He shot 6 of 11, 1 of 2, and 7 of 8.

Young only had 4 points and 4 boards on 2 of 12 shooting.

Our best scout liked Matthew Thomas MUCH more on 2nd look. He thinks the big C should be a top 2 pick and could be an all-star after a few years of development. However, he isn't ready now like some of the guards and Stan Boone the PF are. I have him take one more look at Thomas and then I'll post more of the scouting report.

Our next simulated game, we win hosting the Raptors! We seem to matchup well with them for some reason. 90-80 win. Foye led the team with 15 points and 3 assists. He shot 3 of 8, 1 of 1, and 8 of 8.

Smith was our 2nd leading scorer with 13 points and 6 boards. He shot 5 of 6 and 3 of 4 from the line.

Carney had 11 points in limited time. Young had 10 points and 4 boards. He shot 4 of 9. Iguodala only played 18 minutes due to foul trouble. He had 7 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 3 of 7.

Bosh led the Raptors with 16 points and 12 boards. He shot 4 of 17. That win raises our record to 14-27.

The Spurs have traded Francisco Elson (C 70) who was demanding a trade due to lack of PT to the Blazers for SF James Jones. Jones is a 73 rated SF who was unhappy with his lack of PT. I doubt he is going to get much more with the Spurs.

Our next game is at home against the Pacers.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #90
Galaxy
Coordinator

Looking forward to the rest of the season and off-season.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looking forward to the rest of the season and off-season.

Thanks. I probably won't get to play again until Saturday night.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sedation from the dentist lasted a lot longer than I expected. Wierd to lose almost a day's worth of time. Anyway, I'm now playing at home against the 15-26 Pacers. Certainly a winnable game for us as Jermaine O'Neal is their only huge threat.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We get Troy Murphy into early foul trouble which takes away one scorer. A minute later we get O'Neal into foul trouble and we have a chance to go on a big run...

We go on a 10-0 run to make it 14-4 early in the 1st. Dunleavy with a few big baskets to end the run. Dalembert is playing well on the offensive boards and getting some easy baskets in the 1st.

Up 31-21 at the end of 1. Dalmbert has 10 already

Early in the 2nd, not too long after he came back and put up 6 points on us, we get a 3rd foul on Jermaine O'Neal.

We are up 59-40 at the half. Iguodala leads us with 17 points, Dalembert has 12 points, and Young had 5 assists at the half. We are shooting 52% to their 41%.

Early in the 3rd, we get a 4th foul on Troy Murphy.

We are up 87-61 at the end of 3 as all parts of our offense are clicking. Foye has 16 points and 9 assists so far. I'll pull the starters before too much longer.

With a 99-66 lead, I pull my starters with 10 minutes to go. If it gets within 10, I'll put them back in.

We win 105-84 as our subs struggled to score, but they took care of the ball and played decent defense.

Thaddeus Young wins player of the game with 21 points, 8 assists, and 8 boards. He shot 7 of 14, 3 of 4, and 4 of 4. He played 37 minutes.

Iguodala also played 37 minutes and had 19 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 7 of 15, 0 of 1, and 5 of 7.

Dalembert bullied the smaller O'Neal and had 16 points and 12 boards in just 27 minutes.

Foye had 16 points, 10 assists, and 6 boards. He shot 5 of 8, 3 of 4, and 3 of 3.

Jason Smith even played well with 10 points and 6 boards in 28 minutes. He shot 3 of 8 and 4 of 4 from the line.

The star off the bench was Shavlik Randolph who really hustled and managed 8 points and 8 boards including 4 offensive boards.

With his foul trouble O'Neal only play 19 minutes. He had 10 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists.

Granger led them with with 17 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 8 of 20, 1 of 5.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #94
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EF,

Have you done a full year of a franchise yet? I simmed one to get a feel for the off season and it's pretty expansive for a console game, and a lot of fun. That said, I am curious if so who your FA's were.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That win raised our record to 15-27. Next up is the Pistons at home.

We lose 91-81. Iguodala was held to 6 of 17 shooting and 6 of 6 from the line. He had 19 points, 7 boards, and 6 assists.

Foye had 17 points and 4 assists. smith had 15 points and 2 boards. Dalembert had 9 points and 9 boards. Young had 5 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists. He was held to 2 of 12 shooting.

Rip led the Pistons with 22 points, Wallace had 21, and Bilups had 20 with 10 assists. The Pistons are now 17-26. We drop to 15-28.

Our next game, we lose at the Knicks, 115-104. Zach Randolph led them with 26 points and 12 boards. Marbury added 18 points and 11 assists. Richardson had 17 points and 12 boards.

Foye led us against the Knicks with 24 points and 5 assists. He shot 9 of 16, 3 of 5, and 3 of 5. Smith had 16 points and 3 boards. Iguodala had 12 points and 7 assists. He shot 3 of 12, 0 of 3, and 6 of 8. Dalelmbert had 12 points and 14 boards along with 2 blocks. Young had a terrible game for us in which he shot 1 of 7 and only had 2 points and 2 boards in 32 minutes. I wonder if he is hitting the rookie wall.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
EF,

Have you done a full year of a franchise yet? I simmed one to get a feel for the off season and it's pretty expansive for a console game, and a lot of fun. That said, I am curious if so who your FA's were.

No, I've heard the offseason is well done, but I'm not there yet and won't be for a few weeks. Although, I might get tempted to sim even more games if our record continues to plummet.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #97
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
No, I've heard the offseason is well done, but I'm not there yet and won't be for a few weeks. Although, I might get tempted to sim even more games if our record continues to plummet.

Gotcha. I'll avoid spoilers about the FAs I ran into then ha
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My master scout Larry Graves is having a hard time getting a good read on the big C Matthew Thomas. He wants me to take a 4th look at him, so I do.

We are now 15-29 and we are playing at the Bobcats who are 15-28.

At the end of 1, we are up on the Bobcats 28-16! Iguodala and Young are on fire so far each with 10 points.

A bad second quarter turns our lead into a 10 point deficit, down 52-42.

Young leads us with 17 points and 6 boards.

They have 3 scorers with 8 each.

Down 69-68 at the end of 3 as Young got hot early in the 3rd, they started double teaming him, which led to open baskets for other guys. Although, it was usually after 2 or 3 passes swinging it around.

We are down 85-83 with 2:31 to go. Our starting 5 are back in, but not too rested. Foye steals it from Okafor in the post.. passes it long to Young who is fouled before he can slam it home. Young misses the 1st FT. He makes the 2nd one. After Felton hits a jumper to make it 87-84, Young misses a 2. We get a stop and a fast break which Young pulls up on and nails the 3!!! 87-87 with 1:12 to go. Felton with a nice assist to Brezec to make it 89-87. With 30 seconds left, Iguodala drives to the hole and draws a foul. He drills both FT's!

We force a bad shot from Richardson who misses it. Jason Smith gets the rebound and we call a timeout with 5.4 seconds left.

Iguodala gets a decent look, but he misses the 18 footer. Time for OT. Iguodala has been cold since the 1st quarter, and I probably should have gotten a play for Young.

We are up 99-95 with 1:05 to go. Young has 6 points in the OT so far. Young misses a shot as the buzzer is expiring, but they miss a quick shot and we get the rebound. They intentionally foul. He hits both FT's. They cme back with a quick 3 to make it 101-98 with 13 seconds to go. Iguodala is fouled with 12 seconds to go. He hits the 1st, but not the 2nd FT. We are up by 4 with 11.8 seconds left. They miss a 3 but get the board. They miss another 3 and time expires. 102-98 win for us.

Randy Foye wins player of the game with 21 points, 8 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, and a block. Foye shot 6 of 16, 4 of 9, and 5 of 6. He also had 4 turnovers.

Young led the tam with 33 points and 7 boards. He also had an assist nad a steal as well as 3 turnovers. He shot 13 of 26, 3 of 9, and 4 of 7.

Iguodala had 16 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 0 turnovers. He shot 4 of 16, 0 of 2, and 8 of 10 from the line.

Jason Smith had 10 points and 10 boards. He shot 4 of 4 and 2 of 2 from the line.

Dalembert had 10 points and 15 boards along with 2 blocks.

Jason Richardson led them with 19 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 9 of 24.

Brezec had 16 points and 12 boards. Felton had 12 points and 9 assists.

That win improves our record to 16-29.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After another loss, the Lakers have put their new acquisitio, Beno Udrih on the trading block. The Rockets have placed Steve Francis on the block. Francis has very low morale and is complaining about his playing time. He is averaging 19mmg with Rafer Alston getting more time at the point off the bench.

We lose 113-99 to the Bucks at our home.

Foye led our team with 26 points on 7 of 13 shooting, 4 of 6, 8 of 10. He also had 5 assists and 1 steal. Iguodala had 23 points, 6 boards, 6 assists, 6 steals, 1 block, and 4 turnovers. He shot 9 of 13, 3 of 4, and 2 of 3. Young was our next leading scorer with 9 points on 3 of 10 shooting. He had 2 assists.

Our next game we lose to the Magic at Home, 85-65.

Redick led them with 18 points. Rashard Lewis had 17 points and 12 boards. Dwight Howard had 17 points, 15 boards, and 4 blocks. Young led our team with 13 points and 4 boards. He shot 3 of 8, 2 of 5, 5 of 6. Smith had 12 points and7 boards. Iguodala had 8 points, 8 boards, and 8 assists. He shot 4 of 18 including 0 of 4 behind the arc.

That loss drops us to 16-31 and our chemistry is getting even worse. It is close to bottoming out.

Our scout has formed a final opinion on Matthew Thomas. Matthew Thomas is a 7"1 297 pound C from TCU who is rated C in overall ability. He has a B for potential. He has a D for athleticism. He has a B for inside scoring. F- for outside scoring. D- for playmaking. C+ for inside defense. F+ for outside man defense. B for rebounding. D+ for intangibles. Our scout thinks despite his size he should be a mid 1st round pick and that is where we should take him if he is available. Since, we need a more talented big guy who can score, I might take him a bit higher.

Anyway, time to catch up to the NFL on the DVR. I might get in a game later today.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #100
Galaxy
Coordinator

Any chance of sending another scout to check out Thomas to get a second opinion? From your reviews, it sounds like the talent at the top of the draft has a few franchise players in Boone and the player out of Mexico. Of course, it all depends on where your luck ends up in the draft order.

I know you've said you might simmed even more games to get to the off-seaspm. Perheps to go to 1 game play, 3 game sim rotation later in the season?

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-21-2007 at 02:33 PM.