Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #51
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I guess there isn't any progression in this version (or it's so minor you'll barely notice). So it's kind of pointless to play more than a couple seasons

I hate EA ...

I actually found myself having tons of fun controlling my virtual pro yesterday, assigned him to german team Mainz 05 and after 3 subpar friendlies (i did ok though) and 2 early losses we beat Bayern Munich with me scoring the 1:1 and the 3:1 in a 3:1 win. Here´s the 1:1

EA Sports: 1. FSV Mainz 05 1 – 1 Bayern München

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 10-02-2010 at 08:53 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #52
whomario
Pro Starter

Can anyone explain to me how online works ? When i select be-a-pro ranked matches i play with a real player some of the time instead of my be-a-pro ? When i select teamplay it´s the same, with no rhyme or reason to it. How the heck do you controll what type of game you play ? (own player or real player)

Overall i´m having a ball playing be-a-pro matches offline, really fun experience. Although very many games go 0-0 there (even more than when i cntroll the whole team)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #53
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

how can i upload a goal that i scored for you all to see?

i scored a BEAUTIFUL goal via FK with Neymar the other day - saved it to my PS3's HD, and I think I even uploaded it with an eye towards sharing it. Now how do i access it?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #54
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Aaargh. I'm not so good offensively at the moment.

Understatement of the century for me. It doesn't help that I suck at D too
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sorry - I could have picked a better camera to see this, but check this FK out! Neymar for Juventus!

EA Sports: Juventus 2 – 1 Palermo

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-03-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I was any good at FK's (or really have ever been...trying to aim them is such a crapshoot to me), so I was fucking overjoyed when that went in like that.

I'm pondering starting my MyPlayer Keeper career soon. I enjoyed playing as a keeper in the loading screen, and now that I have a list of all the controls in the manual I think I can be decent.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #58
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing that FK's are about the same in 11 as they were in 10 (and previous). I have never been close to okay with them. I am lucky if I get something that even looks like it was intended.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #59
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I'm guessing that FK's are about the same in 11 as they were in 10 (and previous). I have never been close to okay with them. I am lucky if I get something that even looks like it was intended.

Yep - they're the same. I guess now I could get more practice with them in the loading-screen thing and maybe get better at them...but man it's tough.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #60
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
nice PK

Anyone playing as keeper? How is it?

Nicely done but so boring because the lack of I from the AI. Your team mates are unable to pass the midfield by themselves on any difficulty level, and the CPU ones are not much better. So you end facing like 1 or 2 shoots per game and most of them end 0-0. It would have better named "kids playing soccer spectator mode".

Too bad, as a former keeper in real life when younger, i was really looking for this mode, but the AI in the "be a pro" mode both as GK or player is a huge problem this year, and as you can't drive the offense yourself as if you are a midfielder or forward, it's way more noticeable as GK. I wonder if there is a bug or something ad why can't they play at least like when you play vs the CPU in other modes.

I have big hopes for "my player" mode in NBA2k11, hope it won't be as disappointing.

Last edited by Icy : 10-03-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #61
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Nicely done but so boring because the lack of I from the AI. Your team mates are unable to pass the midfield by themselves on any difficulty level, and the CPU ones are not much better. So you end facing like 1 or 2 shoots per game and most of them end 0-0. It would have better named "kids playing soccer spectator mode".

Too bad, as a former keeper in real life when younger, i was really looking for this mode, but the AI in the "be a pro" mode both as GK or player is a huge problem this year, it was way better in the past. I wonder if there is a bug or something ad why can't they play at least like when you play vs the CPU in other modes.

oooh crap. maybe i won't then.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #62
Icy
Pro Starter

Related thread complaining about the Be a Pro AI problem this year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cem_ea_id.LankyMidget
The AI in this is absolutely WOEFUL. Unbelievably stupid at times, I actually have to take a second to try and comprehend what is going on.

1. Players "jogging" into other players. You know, your player gets the ball and he jogs head first into another player. From about 20 yards away. No attempt to take it round him, no attempt to pass it, just jogs straight into him. As if the game doesn't know what to do.

2. Passing. Why won't my players pass amongst themselves? Why do they either do what I explain in point 1 or just run about with the ball? Why can't they do quick passing? The opposing team can tear my team apart, yet my guys can't pass between themselves when they're 5 yards apart.

3. Tricks. Why do my players insist on doing pointless tricks that slow down my attacks? I don't want him to do a step over, I want him to pass the ball to my feet so I can score. Even if I tell him to pass to me he doesn't do it. Any chance?

4. The delay. If I'm running clean through and I hit triangle to tell the player to play me a through ball, why does it take so long for them to do it? Do they deliberately wait until I'm offside as some sort of joke? Sort it out.

5. Off the ball. Someone needs to explain the term "off the ball run" to the guys at EA. For example, I don't want my attackers to stand around doing nothing. I DEFINITELY don't want them to run towards me when I'm on the attack. Why can't they make runs at the defence? And different runs at that, I don't want 3 guys running to the exact same spot so that they inevitably fall over themselves (as a result of the stupid AI).

6. When I hold in circle, I want my guys to make a tackle. I don't want them to run after the guy and just keep running. Put the foot in and get the ball!

The player mode career (be a pro) is virtually unplayable at the moment. It's more of a chore to score than enjoyable. Any chance you could maybe put a bit of effort in and sort it out?

And on an unrelated note, it would be nice if I could edit my pro from within the career mode menu (in settings), rather than having to quit out to the arena every time.

Embarassing for EA.

AI in be a pro - Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion - FIFA 11: EA Forums

Last edited by Icy : 10-03-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #63
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Just played my first game after picking it up in a player career. I swear my team is fucking dumb as hell. Instead of passing they will just run straight into the opponent, and while the opponent closes down real quick my team just lets them run at will. Frustrating.

What I said the other day.

Thought maybe it was the difficulty level or something. Apparently not.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #64
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
What I said the other day.

Thought maybe it was the difficulty level or something. Apparently not.

Yeah, i tried even on legendary difficulty level and while the other team becomes competent, yours is still as stupid as in any other dif level. Maybe as keeper could be fun playing on legendary and at least trying to save your team from the loses as your team will generate zero offense.

It s something i don't understand from those "RPG sport modes" in new games, where you can adjust the CPU difficulty level but only for your rivals and not for your own team mates. I would like to make more smart/difficult both my rivals and team mates, i don't want the whole team to just be there to have enough players on the field with me having to do it all, i want to feel what is to play in a real team with real team mates.

I guess the mode was designed for those who want to be the new CR7 or Messi in their first season in a new team, when they are in fact supposed to be just prospects. It explains also why you don't ever get subbed out of a game.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #65
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like staying with 10 is the best move at this point.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #66
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Any word on a patch or anything to fix the progression in manager mode?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #67
moriarty
College Starter

I'm not sure on a patch, but another reason to stick with Fifa10 at this point is the introduction of 11 on 11 online play. Playing with human goalies online sounds great in theory ... but from what I've seen it pretty much ruins the gameplay.

Flipping idiot 10 year olds who play goalie and run around at midfield half the game, just kill the 'be a pro' online experience.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #68
Icy
Pro Starter

Patch is coming:

Quote:
Hi all!

Firstly, thank you for your patience and feedback while we have been investigating the issues you’ve raised since the launch of the game. Your feedback has, as always, been invaluable.

As an update for you, we wanted to let you know that we are actively working on fixes for the following:
- Various crashes reported through our automated systems;
- Micro-pausing in offline and online matches;
- OTP Club issues related to searching, lag during peak and stat reporting;
- Gameplay fixes around positioning and advantage rule;
- Career Mode fixes around stat display and growth;
- Online exploits, Pro Passing in ranked matches, and cheaters punishment;
- Custom Chants issues.

We will update you as soon as we can on progress there. We’re working around the clock to make sure we can address them all, either directly on our game servers or via a game patch – and that’s something we’re aiming to deliver as soon as we possibly can.

Your Live Team.

source: DEV TEAM UPDATE - PLEASE READ! - Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion - FIFA 11: EA Forums

Old 10-09-2010, 04:59 AM   #69
Icy
Pro Starter

And agree about the online Goalies, they totally ruin the games when they run towards the opposite net trying to score on every play, i wish there was a way to vote and kick them like in some online FPS games.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #70
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Anyone want to do a friends league for FOFC on the XBOX? Maybe start small with 4-6 people or something?

I'm thinking 6 minute halves, no playoffs, everyone just play each other twice.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #71
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cup draw issue is also on the list - fyi
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #72
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Anybody playing Ultimate Team regularly on XBOX?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #73
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Anybody playing Ultimate Team regularly on XBOX?

I play semi-regularly, although I'm into another game at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #74
samifan24
Pro Starter

Anyone else play on the PS3? I'm relatively new to the console version of the game and would like to play online and not get destroyed every time.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #75
General Mike
Pro Starter

I play on PS3 and suck. I don't really play online, but would be willing to play a game or something at some time.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote