Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #51
Icy
Pro Starter

After reading that PC and console versions have same features and there are no framerate issues in PC (with good hardware or tweaking graphic options) i have decided to buy it instead of the PS3 version.

I have just purchased the downloadable PC version from gamersgate, that for any reason has it available for sale 3 days in advance. I'll post comments later today or tomorrow as i have a lot of work to do before having free time to play it.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

really? gamersgate has it already?

oooh i'll be very interested in your impressions too Mr. Icy!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #53
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

then again - others have said that aside from framerate that it's better than 2009, so i'm not sure why i'd hesitate.

especially not for mmm... $17.95.

Shit...I spend that much on like...lunch + coffees in a day.

oh - might only be available for you now because you're a Euro-snob. It just said to me it wasn't available in my location. Drats.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #54
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
then again - others have said that aside from framerate that it's better than 2009, so i'm not sure why i'd hesitate.

especially not for mmm... $17.95.

Shit...I spend that much on like...lunch + coffees in a day.

oh - might only be available for you now because you're a Euro-snob. It just said to me it wasn't available in my location. Drats.

Yeah i just read at 2k forums that it seems it's only available for Euros through gamersgate today. I'm downloading it but it's going slow, at 300kbps and for 6gb it will be like 6 hours and with my busy afternoon getting it all ready for tomorrow's DDS:PB2 beta release i doubt i'll play it until later tonight anyway.

Last edited by Icy : 10-09-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #55
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Got the game for the PS3 earlier today! Woohoo.

After sitting down and playing the game (several quick games with my friend), here are my first impressions.

- The scaling of the players has definitely changed. There is actually space to play in the court! I love it. Of course, you just have to get used to not having the gigantor-looking players of 2k8 and 2k9. I'm using the broadcast camera, Zoom 10, Height 1, and I haven't had any framerate problems whatsover.

- The addition of the turbo button is a very welcome addition. You can feel the pace of each team better. Running teams act like running teams, while half-court teams act like it. With the turbo feature, you feel that you're really getting that extra "oomph" when trying to sprint down court to get that fast-break layup, or chase down an opposing player. Gunning for the fastbreak has never been such a high risk/reward thing as this.

- Isomotion has been moved to the L2 button. At first, I was very doubtful of the setup, but eventually, it grew on me. It felt natural to be holding down the L2 button and moving the L stick with only one hand. Playing the practice mode helps getting a hang of isomotion.

- They removed the postup button and decided to go with the auto-post setup. This, I didn't like. I want to be able to dictate when to post up, specially with tall guards who should be posting up their counterparts in midrange (Kobe and his wonderful turnaround). Still need to get used to this. That said, post-up feels natural, and it's just a matter of recognizing what your player's doing with the ball (active dribble? holding with two hands?), and where you want to go (baseline? paint? force your way inside?). Again, practice mode helped tons.

- Commentary is great. Can't wait for the season to start / fire up an Association mode. The crowd noise is disappointing compared to previous 2k games.

- Overall, after playing with my friend, we concluded that this was much more fun to play that 2k9. The animations are smoother than ever, and controlling the players are definitely better than last year's iteration.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #56
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'll have to grab this on...tuesday then
Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #57
whomario
Pro Starter

Word of advice : Hold off of Association for now if you plan on doing it longterm (more than a couple seasons) with a lot of simming and maybe a shoter schedule (i myself do 58 and play about 20-25 every season).

There is a bug in there screwing up progression/regression. The "shot tendency" is not changing like it should (increase the first couple years in the league, decreasing later in the career), instead the "inside shot" tendency is changing. And because this year progression/regression is highly working together with production (and therefore "shot tendency" which determines scoring in simmed games more or less) it is broken.

Allready fixed for the Patch which hopefully will be there asap ... Wouldn´t expect it before the end of the month though ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller View Post
I already fixed this for the patch. I actually changed it such that the other shot tendencies also progress/regress over a player's career (at a smaller clip than the overall Shot Tendency, of course). 36 year old Tony Parker hates me now.

The thing really is : Other than that association looks amazing. Draft Classes are pretty good out of the box (for the first time there´s SF´s bigger than 6´7 btw and other outliers in size that weren´t there in previous years, they are also much better designed as far as ratings go) and there´s at least a handfull of people on OS that will put up fictional draft classes with more tweaks.
And the progression/regression thing really only needs this one tweak from what i´ve seen during my test simulations, rotations by the CPU look much more solid as well and when then you have the other shot tendencies changing as well (older players actually playing different than their younger versions) this is just an added bonus.
Plus you can select all 30 teams and put everything on auto (including trades, unlike madded f.e.) and play God to make the league more balanced as well when you feel that way.

for now i´m just playing season mode with the Blazers and a bit of my player, getting used to the players. Fun as well

What i also really like is the postgame, with the highlight reels, player moments (highlight reel for every player showing what he did with scoring, assists and also blocked shots highlights) and even the Pressbox which basically is a slideshow of some 50 snapshots from the game which is really fun to look at, some pretty nice camera choices.
Add 2Ks straight forward highlight/Reelmaker/Upload feature in the game and it´s just great presentation. Some highlights i uploaded this first few days :

Bayless Drive and Dunk

Roy Hangtime Layup

My Player Leaner

May Player Drifter

EDIT : Is allready fixed and ready for when the Patch drops :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman View Post
Could you guys let Ron/or 2K know about the shot tendency bug? Its mixed up with the inside shot tendency meaning inside shot progress instead of the overall shot tendency....With this problem not fixed, association will feature 36 year olds(kobe etc) leading the league in scoring with 30ppg and the young players will never lead the league in scoring....Basically having a bunch of '99 Micheal Jordan's deep into the mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller View Post
I already fixed this for the patch. I actually changed it such that the other shot tendencies also progress/regress over a player's career (at a smaller clip than the overall Shot Tendency, of course). 36 year old Tony Parker hates me now.

Patch info - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums

great news Allready love the game, will have a hard time getting off it once i am starting my association ... Just hoping they don´t listen to the winers and change back good things like last year ... (Turbo/fatigue f.e.)

Last edited by whomario : 10-11-2009 at 02:32 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #58
watravaler
High School JV

So, NBA2k10's dynasty mode blows NBA Live's out of the water? It's the only thing I REALLY care about...
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #59
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
What i also really like is the postgame, with the highlight reels, player moments (highlight reel for every player showing what he did with scoring, assists and also blocked shots highlights) and even the Pressbox which basically is a slideshow of some 50 snapshots from the game which is really fun to look at, some pretty nice camera choices.

The postgame is nothing groundbreaking. This was mostly in 2k9, the only thing they changed was replacing the Top 3 Plays of the game with the Gatorade G-Moments, adding the Pressbox pictures, and the ability to view the Highlight Reel of the game (which used to just play on a window in 2k9).
Old 10-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #60
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola

I love the Assoc. mode, since the commentary works in such a way that they talk about your own particular universe... who you played against the last time, what you did wrong, who was hot, who wasn't... it's very, very immersive.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #61
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
The postgame is nothing groundbreaking. This was mostly in 2k9, the only thing they changed was replacing the Top 3 Plays of the game with the Gatorade G-Moments, adding the Pressbox pictures, and the ability to view the Highlight Reel of the game (which used to just play on a window in 2k9).

well, never said it was new, but since this is the 2K10 topic But i really click on every players reel after every game. I only wished we could save those as well.

as for association : If this one thing gets fixed it will be pretty much as good as it can be in a action-game (not a management simulation) on the console.

Live was allways ways behind 2K in terms of association and now that rookie classes look way more organic and progression looks very promising (again, the one big screw up at least gets fixed) , the stats are much more on point than live on default and with a good roster set ("Rashidi" and "Nogster" over on OS will be good again) will be even better.

Really, if this mode is the one criteria this isn´t much of a debate. You could make a point for live´s gameplay as it is different (i don´t like it and simply for the lack of a shotstick could never play it anymore, but others do) but association being better than Live´s version is pretty much undisputed.

Plus if sth is off and you don´t like it (like a rookie with a strange sig shot, or even ratings) you can edit everything even when controlling just 1 Team.

Have started a season (own mode) as a stopgap with a highly modified team of my favourite (role) players build around Yao and Roy.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #62
GobBluth
n00b

Has anyone gotten very far into the My Player mode? If so, do you think it will hold your interest long term?
GobBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #63
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

This game has become to frustrating to play - I really hope a patch fixes a lot of the bugs I'm seeing in game.

Plus - I read how to get more minutes in the "My Player" mode but I must be doing something wrong. Can someone "walk" me through how to get more minutes in My Player mode? What does but also having to save the settings to an external file mean?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #64
whomario
Pro Starter

do you have "Draft Combine" ? You need that for it to work.

1) delete your previous my player save (dunno if nescessary though)
2) Change the settings to your liking in NBA 2K10 (sliders carry over as well afaik)
3) save the settings to a new settings file
4) go to dashboard
5) start Draft combine
6) Upload Draft Combine player
7) start 2K10
8) now it should load your player (Bryant gets replaced on the startup menu for a couple seconds after he loaded all your settings etc)
9) start my player mode and choose "continue" and then "import player from Draft Combine"

this should be it.

@ GobBluth : I guess it could, but not with the current set of settings. You´d need the same options as for association : Shorter season, changing minutes to your liking whenever you want, simming games.

There´s no way i´m playing 82 games at a relaistic amount of minutes for multiple seasons.

With a 58 game season and skipping every other game we´d be talking. But like said before : the 82 game NBA schedule is not exactly a good fit for such a mode.

nice sounding alternative posted in the OS board, making use of the new 30 team controll option in association and Player Lock : Player lock, nice alternative to "my player", here is why/how. - Operation Sports Forums

Last edited by whomario : 10-12-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #65
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

ahhh - thanks. I do have the combine but I didn't use it to start a My Player. I will do this tonight... thanks

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm - so what's up with CleBrown's comments about it being so frustrating? is it buyable and playable?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #67
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

The MyPlayer mode is really fun...but also annoying for many of the previously mentioned reasons. It is extremely frustrating that we can't edit the length of the quarters or sim a game. I don't mind playing each game right now because it's fun and challenging, but there is going to come a point in time where I just want to sim ahead a bit. I don't know that I'll ever get very deep into a career just because it will take so long to get through games if I have to play every single one out.

I haven't dabbled with The Association yet because of the progression bug, and I'm also waiting for updated rosters. I had a complete blast with last season's franchise mode, and can't wait to dive into a new career once everything is squared away.

The game plays much better than 2k9 IMO. I was with the Warriors in training camp, and my PG had to go against Monta Ellis. I had a hell of a time just keeping up with him. He was MUCH better than my player, and it played that way. I loved that.

This is completely unrelated to the game itself, but reading the OS forums is absolutely excruciating. My brain bleeds trying to decipher what some of these people are trying to say through their "Saw"-esque torture of the English language. I think I end up becoming more confused and lost than I was when I started to look for answers to my questions. I much prefer being blissfully ignorant.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #68
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It's also a blast playing with friends on quick match... specially if you're all 2k vets. Watch the chaos fly when they realize that the isomotion has been moves to L2 and the postup button is gone.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #69
Icy
Pro Starter

Good news for the PC version users. There is already a way to hack the executable and edit the mintues and dificulty levels for "my player". I tried it yesterday and works perfectly. I'm no playing "myplayer " with 9 minutes and in all star vs the default pro and 5 minutes.

Here is how:
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthrea...=238197&page=5

If you have the right PC to run it, i must say just because all the modding possibilities, the PC version should be the top choice.

Last edited by Icy : 10-13-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #70
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, for those not fully happy happy with "My player" i wrote this some days ago in OS forums and might be useful here too. I wrote that before knowing how to edit the minutes, but a lot of things still apply.

First at all, i love the RPG concept in sports games, but i have yet to find the perfect one, maybe the MLB the show is the best, along with BAP in NHL10 but both have still their issues.

I had big hopes for "My player" and after playing the combine i thought i was finally in heaven but... now that i have the real game...

Besides the bugs that are more or less avoidable with workarounds, the main problem i see is that as 2k tied offline with online, so the mode was thought for 5 minutes games. If you do the trick to get more minutes, the games are fine if you are on the court, but if you sim when you are in the bench, stats are inflated. We don't know yet if 2k will fix it so we can choose the minutes per Q or if their fix will be to not to allow even those who have the DC to change minutes. I'm not a big fan either of the 1 year contracts and how it could unbalance your NBA universe over time as you are the only one without rookie contract etc.

So while we wait for a patch to fix all it's issues, i decided to try using player lock like past years to get a similar experience, and who knows, it could end being even more realistic/fun.

This year we have all the tools for a perfect "player lock".

- You can create a player exactly like you want him, an average rookie that probably will be sent to the D-League, a top star, etc and place him in any team you want (you can always use a random generator if you don¡t want to chose team yourself and sim to be drafted).

- You can start an association with the team you player is in, set player lock and play that way all your games only using your player. when you are benched, you set the controller to the middle so it's CPU vs CPU.

- If you are sent to the D-League, you can select in the assoc options to play also the D-League games, and then just simulate the NBA team ones.

- If you want total realism, you won't want to control the team you are in, so you can set in the assoc options everything to CPU controlled. That way the CPU will set lineups, rotations, scout players, draft, sign FA's, make trades etc etc. So you are in fact only controlling your player.

- If you don't want to play 82 games seasons, just sim the games you want, like play one, sim another etc. Something you can't do in my player.

- What if you get traded? cut? etc? you just need to resign from your team as GM. Then you can sign with the team where your created player is in now, assign again everything to CPU controlled and again only play with your player.

This is why this could be end being more fun than with "my player".

- You have total freedom to create your player as you create him with the player editor before starting the association. No need to use the presets from "my player". you can create a mix of athletic with shooter, etc. You also decide how good/bad you are, you have all the moves available to assign to your player etc.

- You develop automatically exactly like the rest of the NBA players, no drills etc. More realistic than doing a shooting drill and improving your shooting all the sudden.

- Your coach still sets your minutes, your place in the lineup etc and probably ona more realistic way than in "my player" were we have seen already some questionable decisions.

- You can be traded, get new contracts etc (of course you have no input on it).

- You get realistic stats as you play full games instead of using the broken my player sim.

- Your player will sign realistic contracts like the rest of NBA players, starting with a real rookie contract. Only issue is that your player will negotiate those contracts by himself without any input from you. But i still find it more realistic than the 1 year contracts in "my player".

- You can sim games instead of playing them when you want.

- If you want a 45 games season, you can select it when you start your association.

- You can tweak sliders and difficulty to your liking.

- You can get injured (you can't in "myplayer").

- You can see the plays painted on the the court (you can't in "my player").

- Your player has personality like the rest of NBA players, and it will affect the team chemistry unlike in "My player". You can create a good team mate or an egoist full of ego that will have problems if he is not the team star. There is no chemistry in "My player".

- If you are tired fo the realism and anytime in your career decided to act "God like" you can. Like trading yourself, or editing your rotation, position on lineup, drafting the player you want as team mate, etc. For that you just need to get back control of the team you are in, instead of setting CPU to do it all. This goes against realism, but it can save your career if you don't like how it is going. You could even edit your player to make him better/worse anytime during your career.

It's not perfect either, but a good alternative to those who like me want to play a realistic experience of being an NBA player and are not happy with the current "My player" state.

The things i'll miss more will be the teamplay grades from "my player" that are a great touch and to sim when i'm in the bench.

Once and if we get a patch that fixes it all, then my player could be the best experience, but imho it's not right now.

Last edited by Icy : 10-13-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #71
RainMaker
General Manager

Has anyone plugged in the custom sounds being offered up on OS? Was wondering how it sounded and if it made the game that much better.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:31 AM   #72
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I have yet to see the frame-rate skip many people have been ranting about. Is it exclusive to the XBOX360? I've been playing on the PS3.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 10-13-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #73
whomario
Pro Starter

Pretty much exclusive from what i gathered, yeah. However, playing on the "Nose Bleeds" Camera (my default camera anyway) i haven´t had a single issue on the 360.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 AM   #74
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Funny thing... me and my friend were playing a quick game, I was Cavs, he was Lakers, I had just used up most of Lebron's turbo trying to run down a Kobe layup attempt, we go on a fast-break and LeBron gets an open lane all to himself, and BOTHCES a freebie two handed dunk... it bounced off the rim. Wow.

I'll learn to conserve my turbo next time.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #75
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
hmmm - so what's up with CleBrown's comments about it being so frustrating? is it buyable and playable?

It's frustrating because of the frame-rate really bogs down a lot(360). And for some reason I just hate the controls. Trying to ISO with Lebron looks like he is ice skating at times. I also hate messing with sliders trying to get the game realistic...Out of the box I was shooting around 70% and the CPU was shooting around 30% and four fouls combined for the game.

It's a good game but I still feel College Hoops 2k8 is a better one

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #76
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaah

okay - so it's my player and the 360 that's driving you nuts

*nods*
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #77
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Trying to ISO with Lebron looks like he is ice skating at times.
Cool, they put the crab dribble in the game.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The patch is "almost completed" and details of what it will fix will be available by Tuesday.

Patch Update - 2K Sports Forums
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:31 AM   #79
whomario
Pro Starter

now just 2-4 weeks of approval by MS and Sony left to wait for ... I will never understand why in the world this is nescessary.
That´s the beauty of PC games : Patch is done = Patch is released.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #80
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

is the pc patch out yet?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
is the pc patch out yet?

No, and historically the PC patch has come out after the console patches (not sure why.)
Old 10-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #82
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
No, and historically the PC patch has come out after the console patches (not sure why.)

Just curious, after having much more time with the game what are you impressions at this point?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Just curious, after having much more time with the game what are you impressions at this point?

My thoughts are that it is not worth getting right now, as I find the frame rate to be too annoying in too many arenas. However, I think it has the potential to be great after the patch comes out assuming it addresses the frame rate and a few other issues (such as passing into the paint being too easy.) I'm especially enthused by the group on OS that is developing 100% customized draft classes that will greatly improve that aspect from past versions.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #84
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm still in the process of tweaking the sliders to get it "just right" but i did DL Allby's excellent slider + settings set and found the game to be great.

Gameplay is much improved over 2009, particularly defensively. Many more errant passes, kicked balls, intercepted passes.

I've only been playing quick-games while I wait for the patch and maybe the first round of roster mods (okay maybe i'll start an association without one), but i really enjoy this game. Still trying to get a handle on a lot of the gameplay (pulling off touch passes regularly and such). Touch passes and direct passes are the two areas I've always had trouble getting in bball games

I cranked my graphics settings down to compensate for my laptop being "not great" and found that I rarely get framerate lags - and only when I'm bringing the ball upcourt, which TBH I can deal with.

With passing much harder it's going to be tough to be a fast-break team in this version. That being said, I like that I don't need to learn a complicated series of triggers and keypad presses to throw a lil flashier pass.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-21-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Details on the PS3 patch are out (details on the 360 patch should be available soon as they are about to finish it.):

PS3 Patch Details (360 Update Inside)

Hey 2Kers,

First off, thanks to everyone for being patient regarding the patch. We've taken a little extra time to ensure that what you're getting is exactly what you want. I think you'll see that effort in the patch details below.

We are actually still putting the finishing touches on the 360 version of the patch, so I don't have the full details of that patch just yet. I'll pass along that information to Ronnie once it is ready (which should be in the next couple of days).

And now the question everyone wants to know...when is the patch coming out? Let me tell you where we are at and how this normally plays out. We are about to send the patches to our QA for internal testing where we will hammer on the changes for around a week to make certain that the issues were properly fixed and that new ones weren't added. After that, the patches will need to be submitted to Sony and Microsoft where they usually get tested for 7-10 days (depending on how busy they are). Once the patches are approved at the first parties, they usually get released within a few days of that approval. I'll be passing on updates to Ronnie such that he can keep all of you in the loop.

On to the details...

GENERAL

- Improved game performance in all arenas and camera angles.

- Corrected a framerate issue that was causing noticeable slowdown in the paint in specific arenas.

- Corrected a framerate issue that was causing noticeable slowdown during NBA D-League games.

- Fixed an issue where Coach Settings were not properly saving to the user’s Settings file.

- Addressed an issue where the user would enter into a game where there would either be no crowd present or the opposing team would not appear on the court.

- Fixed an issue where users would get NBA Blacktop rules (no intentional fouls, no 3-in-the-key, etc.) turned on when attempting to play a Quick Game.

- In-game saves should now load up correctly in the Playoffs game mode.

- Users are now able to assign any jersey number to a player, on any team, when playing outside of The Association game mode.

- Games played in the NBA D-League should now have appropriate sized crowds.

- Fixed a slowdown issue during stoppages of play with created teams.

- Made a change to where the value for headband colors is stored at. These changes can now be made through Living Roster releases once the patch is released. If you see any discrepancies, make sure and let the 2K Insider know!

GAMEPLAY

- Tuned shooting percentages across the board, particularly in the paint where more shots are now initiated with contact.

- Fixed a soft hang on an inbound where the inbounding player would miss the ball handoff from the referee.

- Plays will no longer break when the user strays slightly from the intended path.

- Both User/CPU alley-oop success has been toned down such that only realistic attempts should now be completed.

- Assists should now only be credited to the passer at appropriate times.

- Only 1 timeout is deducted from the total when the CPU calls a timeout for the user.

- The CPU should no longer pass the ball to a teammate when the recipient has a foot out of bounds.

- Bad passes should be less inaccurate now. They still happen with similar frequency, but some passes can be recovered now.

- CPU players now have better logic behind their turbo energy management (which will keep them fresher for key moments in the game).

- CPU players should now be more aware of being called for 3 second violations.

- Defensive assist is now turned off when the ball is not in play.

- The dribbler should no longer teleport back a few feet on the court following a two player steal attempt.

- Players with unique free throw stances (ex., Paul Pierce) will no longer slide into position to shoot the free throw.

- Point Guards should no longer end up out of bounds during baseline inbounds coming out of a timeout or dead ball.

- Fixed a case where the PG would run in a circle (in anticipation of receiving the ball) in the backcourt during transitions.

- Players should no longer get stuck in the post in a single player hold-ball animation (often leading to a 24-second violation) when trying to drive to the basket.

- Fixed an issue where the user was unable to give certain players their player-specific animation packages.

- Fixed an issue with a baseline layup where opposing defenders weren’t able to create contact when the animation played out.

- Addressed a specific dunk animation that would sometimes not result in a made basket despite a successful dunk.

- The user should now notice more over-the-back calls on rebounds when the boxed out player attempts a rebound.

- Improvements to the ‘walk the dog’ inbounds play including increased velocity on the inbound.

- A good number of other changes aimed towards increasing user satisfaction have also been made in this release. These will be apparent as you play the game (ex. The referee will now utilize a bounce pass rather than a chest pass when passing the ball to the shooter during free throw situations, plays will now start quicker when the user manually calls a play, etc.).

PRESENTATION

- During NBA Today/Association games, the ‘Upcoming Schedule’ overlay will no longer obstruct
gameplay.

- Fixed an issue where the substitution overlay would sometimes briefly cover the action on the court.

- Blank overlays should no longer quickly appear/disappear during gameplay.

- Improved performance and stability for all online game types.

- Corrected an issue in Team-Up play where all players would sometimes see the same player (PG) listed in all substitution slots.

- Ranked game difficulty has been changed to SuperStar for Team-Up games.

- Removed the spotlights for online play only to improve performance during stoppages of play.

- Corrected an issue with the My Player Pick-Up games that would sometimes cause games to diverge upon initiation.

- Fixed an issue where online Association games would diverge at halftime if neither user skipped through the presentation sequence.

- Fixed a hang that would sometimes occur when making substitutions during an online Association game.

- Fatigue should now behave as expected during private Team-Up games.

- Fixed a hang in Who’s Online that would occur when the user scrolled quickly with a large number of friends on the list.

- Replays uploaded via GameTrack should now play properly when viewed at 2ksports.com.

- Fixed an issue with the Screenshot Upload feature that would sometimes upload an incorrect screenshot.

- Fixed an issue where a user’s consecutive win streak would get reset to zero if the user won a game where his/her opponent quit out of the active game.

- Fixed an issue in private matches with friends where all users would disconnect when attempting to play a second game.

- Fixed an issue where games in online leagues would diverge if users made changes to the default roster.

- Addressed an issue where completed ranked games would sometimes not report the results to the server.

MY PLAYER

- Fixed an issue that would cause a clone of the user’s player to be created when changing teams at the end of the Summer Circuit. Existing cloned players will be removed with this patch.

- Tuned the substitution logic such that users should no longer be substituted out only to be substituted in at the next dead ball.

- The logic that determines whether or not you get an invite to Training Camp, make the NBA team, and get an invite from an NBA team while in the NBA D-League have all been changed to be a little more forgiving.

- Resolved an issue where the 2K Insider was not informing the user of his/her contract status at the conclusion of a 10-day contract.

- Fixed a rare case that would cause a hang during the offseason following a My Player season.

- Animation packages will no longer be reset to the ‘best’ package every time a corresponding attribute is upgraded.

- The user’s ‘Drills Remaining’ value will now be properly saved as new drills are accumulated throughout the NBA/D-League season.

ASSOCIATION

- The ability for the user to upload their Association stats/standings to the blog interface on 2KSports.com has been added.

- Fixed an issue where player ratings would drop upon the successful completion of a Development Drill.

- Tuned the Player Progression system such that Shot Tendencies will progress/regress over a player’s career. Additionally, general Player Progression/Regression has been slightly increased as well.

- Fixed an issue where the number of players the user had sent down to their D-League affiliate wasn’t getting reset despite recalling players back to their NBA team.

- Fixed an issue where draft classes loaded in future years would change the age of the prospects inside the draft class. They should now have the same age they were created with.

- 10-day contracts should now work in year 2 and beyond.

- Lower rated players should now be more accepting of the ‘Role Player’ role.

- Stats accumulated during NBA D-League games will no longer register as Season/Career Highs for players.

- Corrected an issue where users were able to continue drafting players once the NBA Draft had ended.

- Users should no longer have an obstructed view of the court when performing Development Drills.

- Users should no longer be able to see the overall rating of players during the NBA Draft.

- Corrected an issue where backloaded contracts were getting incorrectly multiplied in the latter years of the contract.

SimBaller
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #86
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I heard that this was going to be a massive patch... 300 meg?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I heard that this was going to be a massive patch... 300 meg?

I haven't read that anywhere, but it wouldn't surprise me with some of the substantial changes they are making.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #88
Balldog
Pro Rookie

That is one hell of a patch!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
That is one hell of a patch!

Yes, it is. Furthermore, Pared on OS is reporting that he has PM'd simballer, who posts on OS, and that Simballer has told him there are many unannounced improvements as well. Pared has said these include much better defensive rotations, better double team logic, and better pick and roll defense among others. He has no idea why these weren't listed. 2ksports has always slipped in unannounced fixes in their patches and I'm guessing they didn't want the list to appear larger than it already is. Anyway, I'll gladly welcome the defensive improvements.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-22-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #90
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yes, it is. Furthermore, Pared on OS is reporting that he has PM'd simballer, who posts on OS, and that Simballer has told him there are many unannounced improvements as well. Pared has said these include much better defensive rotations, better double team logic, and better pick and roll defense among others. He has no idea why these weren't listed. 2ksports has always slipped in unannounced fixes in their patches and I'm guessing they didn't want the list to appear larger than it already is. Anyway, I'll gladly welcome the defensive improvements.

Now officially posted by Simballer in the updated Patch Thread for the 360 (custom music fixes as that feature is only available on there) and also added to the original Topic.

Updated Full List : 360 Patch Details - 2K Sports Forums

All additions to the previously posted list :

Quote:
- Addressed issues in defensive rotations that didn’t function as intended in various situations, with particular attention to both post double team situations as well as in pick-and-roll situations.

- Lead passes into the paint will now result in more tipped/deflected passes as the interior defense is now more aware of these types of passes.

- The CPU now properly respects any changes to the Help Defense slider settings.

- Highlight/Halftime/Player of the Game/Replay options should now be working properly in Arena Music Manager.

- Player specific custom sound events should now be working properly in Arena Music Manager.

- Fixed an issue in Crew games where the wrong team would be credited with the win after one Crew quit out of the game.

- Users can now change quarter length in My Player to any amount of minutes between 5 and 12.

Really made a sigh of relief after reading about the defensie AI changes as they were absolutely nescessary. If they work even halfway decent than this will make the game so much better.

I´m just hoping they also toned down the double teams on non-scorers and don´t agressively double team Post scorers every single time instead of doing it after a few scores and/or when he makes a move (IRL, like 8 out of 10 double teams happen once the player starts his move towards the basket, not right when he catches it)

But i´m cautiously optimistic
Old 10-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #91
bhlloy
Coordinator

Anybody know why when I complete a development drill in Association (360 version) my players overall rating always seems to go down? I've had it happen with a number of players including Eric Gordon who took a huge hit (something like 73 all the way down to 66) Is it the new combination of ratings causing the game to reevaluate his overall rating, my scout seeing him through "new eyes" or something else? Am I actually hurting their game by training them in one area? Or is it just a big fat bug that I missed in the list of fixes?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Anybody know why when I complete a development drill in Association (360 version) my players overall rating always seems to go down? I've had it happen with a number of players including Eric Gordon who took a huge hit (something like 73 all the way down to 66) Is it the new combination of ratings causing the game to reevaluate his overall rating, my scout seeing him through "new eyes" or something else? Am I actually hurting their game by training them in one area? Or is it just a big fat bug that I missed in the list of fixes?

It's a known bug that will be fixed in the patch.

Edit: In the big list I posted, it is the 2nd one under the association header.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-27-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #93
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - I'm a freaking dumbass. Nothing to see here Although I do think it's interesting I'm seeing it every time and nobody else has mentioned it yet. By far the biggest bug I've run into yet. I guess I'm definitely waiting on the patch now...

ASSOCIATION

- The ability for the user to upload their Association stats/standings to the blog interface on 2KSports.com has been added.

- Fixed an issue where player ratings would drop upon the successful completion of a Development Drill.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #94
bhlloy
Coordinator

haha thanks EF
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #95
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i haven't started any association yet - waiting for the patch. although i have toyed with the idea of messing with the fantasy draft just to get an idea of where people usually go...
Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #96
sooner333
College Starter

Any news on the patch?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #97
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I thought this bump was going to say it was out

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I thought this bump was going to say it was out

I didn't, but only because the developers said it won't be out until November at the earliest. If it clears the Microsoft/Sony process quickly it could be the 1st week of November, but they say the 2nd week of November is the likely release date.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #99
rjolley
College Starter

Starting to play 2K9 (too busy playing CH2K8) and I'm enjoying it a lot except for one thing. How do I stop the inbounding to LeBron 80% of the time?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #100
whomario
Pro Starter

360 Patch tomorrow morning :

NBA 2K10 Patch Arrives November 6th @ 2:00 AM PST (360) - Operation Sports Forums

, no word yet on PS3 (awaiting Sony approval) or PC though.