Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #51
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting the first game of a three game series in Seattle. This is our first road game of the year. The opposing pitcher is Donaldo Sosa who got a no decision in his first start despite pitching 6 innings and giving up 3 runs just like me.

defensively Ellsbury is getting the day off, and he is replaced by Phil Lentz. Ian Kinsler is also getting the day off and is being replaced by our RF last year Rios. That puts Kendrick at SS (yes!) and Burke at 2B (booo).

RS - Abdul leads the game off with a double, and with two outs Justin Morneau singles him over to second. Corey Hart walks and with the bases loaded Soto singles in a run. Next up is Rios who then singles in another two runs! We're up 3-0 before even take the mound

groundout to burke to start the inning...deep but very high fly to right down the line that Hart drifts under for the second out...hard grounder through my legs for a two out single...the runner goes on the first pitch, but it's a 95 mph heater and Soto nails him at second to end the inning!

little chopper to the right which I pick up and throw to morneau for the first out...long fly ball to the warning track in left but Abdul tracks it down before it falls for out #2...annother chopper this time right two me, and I underhand it to morneau to end the 2nd inning

high first pitch popup in foul territory that longoria takes for the first out...a drive down the line in right which Hart lays out for but just misses, one out double...soto can't handle a curve and the runner advances to third...popup right behind third that Kendrick runs over and gets for the second out...liner to the right side which Burke dives for but is way late on, it goes into right and the run scores...a wicked slider strikes out the last man to end the inning

burke goes deep to get a grounder and throw the leadoff man out...struck out the next man on three pitches with a fastball out of the zone...hard grounder through the hole on the right side for a two out single...routine fly ball to Abdul to end the 4th inning

groundout to burke for the first out...easy flyball right to Lent in Center for the second out...struck the last man out on 3 pitches with another fastball out of the zone

the ump calls 4 straight pitches on the corners balls, and I go from 0-2 to a walk...the ump squeezes me AGAIN and I give up liner to left which gets to the wall, and that's a double...men on 3rd and 2nd with no outs...fucking ump is going to hear it, as I watch the next pitch sail into the stands for a 3 run blast...and now I get pulled after blowing the lead

Thankfully we score 2 runs in the top o fthe 7th and we win 5-4.

line - 5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, no decision

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #52
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

4/10 - we lose the second game of the series to the Mariners 5-6

4/11 - we take the third and final game to win the series, 11-5

4/13 - we travel to New York to face off against the Yankees in a 4 game series. we lose the first game as buchholz gets lit up, 1-8

4/14 - we lose the second game of the series too, this time the bullpen blows it late, 3-4
Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #53
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Today is Jackie Robinson Day! I'm starting todays game in New York. The opposing pitcher is Ubaldo Jiminez who is 1-0 with a 3.38 ERA.

Defensively we have all of our regular starters, however Kendrick is again the DH while Burke is at SS.

We are wearing throwback unis today!

a bullet right back up the middle for a leadoff single...hard liner into the gap in left that rolls to the wall for a double...2nd and 3rd with no outs...grounder to morneau for the first out and runners hold...I intentionally walk Texiera to create several DP oppotunities...hard liner right at Kinsler for the second out!...popup to shallow right where Hart takes it in to end the inning! WHEW...escaped that one

hard one hopper to kinsler to fires to morneau for one...struck out the next man with a change...grounder right to morneau to takes it to first himself to end the 2nd inning

struck out the leadoff man with a very mean curve...my confidence is returning after that shakey 1st inning...grounder down the left field line that longoria snags, but he can't get the throw off in time and it's an infield single...popup to short right and kinsler can't bring it down!...1st and 2nd with one out...Texiera pops up to shallow center where Ellsbury brings it down for he second out, and the runner at second tries to test his arm! I don't think so, and neither does Ellsbury who guns him down easily to end the 3rd inning

leadoff single past kinsler who isn't haven't the greatest day in the field...hard grounder to burke who steps on second himself and fires it to morneau for a 6-3 double play...hard liner toward the alley in left center but Abdul races it down for the final out

hard liner to right to start out the 5th with a single...hard grounder right up the middle but burke backhands it, then behind his back's it to kinsler, who just BARELY beats Gordon at first with the throw for the DP...Gordon doesn't like the call and gets in the umps face, and gets tossed from the game!...I blow the next batters bat up as he hits a popup that the catcher brings down for out #3

RS - Just Morneau leads off the 6th inning with a single, Hart moves him over, and Geovany Soto hits an RBI double for the first score of the game! We're up 1-0

routine fly to Ellsbury who brings it down for the first out...Rickie Weeks pops to shallow center and Ellsbury takes it for the second out...Texiera hits a weak grounder right in front of Soto who hits Morneau to end the 6th

coming into the 7th I've thrown 69 pitches, so I have an outside shot at going the entire way...and as if on queue I'm forced to throw 9 pitches but I get the groundout to burke for the first out...surprise bunt down the left side and Soto guns him down...deep liner to left field but Abdul gets there with time to spare for the third out

RS - Justin Morneau puts one into the seats for a solo shot in the top of the 8th! we're up 2-0

leadoff double into the gap in right as I don't get a few calls on the corners...I have to say that up until now the ump have been doing an excellent job calling balls and strikes...single to right and the runner scores...and as expected I get pulled which leaves me responsible for the man on first with no outs...

Freddy William replaces me, who has pitched 6.1 innings and has yet to allow a run this year.

Until now.

He allows the runner on first to score, along with TWO more runs, and we lose 2-4. Ugh

line - 7 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, 1 QS, no decision

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #54
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

4/16 - We get swept by the Yankees in a 4 game series, and that really hurts. Beckett loses a well pitched game, 1-3

4/17 - We head back to Boston for a 3 game series against the Indians, and lose our 5th straight 4-12

4/18 - We beat the Tribe as Buchholz pitches very well, score 3-1

4/19 - We take the series from the Indians and David Price earns his second win of the season...score 5-3, and we are now back to .500
Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #55
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting tonights game in Boston. This is the first of a four game series against the Mariners, who are starting the young and impressive pitcher Stan Azzopardi who is 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA.

It feels good to be back in Boston after that road trip

Defensively Abdul is getting the day off in left and Lentz is filling in for him. Kendrick is starting at SS instead of Burke which makes me happy.

I strike out the leadoff man waving at a great slider on the outside corner...routine fly to Hart for the second out...groundout to Kendrick for the third out and a 1-2-3 first

RS - We load the bases in the bottom of the first and Morneau knocks a runner in with a single, which brings up Hart who then doubles in two runs. We're already up 3-0!

routine grounder to kendrick for the first out...I strike out the next guy on three straight fastballs, but Soto somehow lets the last one get past him and the runner makes it safely to first, you've got to be kidding me...popup to kendrick for the second out...liner to center for a single and the runner tries to round second and test Ellsbury's arm, who guns him down at third for the last out

liner to left and Lentz is very slow getting to the ball, and then follows that up with a 5 hopper to the cutoff man, the runner takes two for a leadoff double...single up the middle scores the run from second...struck out the next man with a mean curve...the runner takes second easily...grounder to kinsler for the second out, and the runner moves to 3rd...hot grounder through the hole on the right side which scores another run...very high popup down the line in left for the final out...we're still up 3-2

long drive to left but Lentz takes it on the warning track in front of the monster for the first out...high heat takes down the second man...liner to shallow right which Hart picks right off of his shoetops for the third out

got the leadoff man looking at a backdoor slider...high deep drive to right center but Ellsbury sprints and takes it down...Struck out Segovia looking at low heat for the third time of the game to end the top of the 5th

RS - Hart with an RBI double and Morneau brings in another run to give us a 5-2 lead!

liner back up the middle for a leadoff base hit...a grounder up the middle that nobody can get to, Ellsbury is playing too deep and the runner takes third...liner to left to score the man at third...1st and 2nd with nobody out...I need a DP or something here...an inside fastball takes down the next guy swinging and I really needed that first out...a very slow grounder to the left side and there's some confusion as to who's getting it! all of the runners reach safely and the bases are loaded with one out...STRUCK out the next guy on a nasty backdoor slider...their RF Montanez comes up with a chance to change the ballgame with one swing of the bat, and on a 2-2 count I throw a sinker on the outside corner-STEEEERIII!!!! I pump my fists as I strike out 2 men with the bases loaded to get out of a jam.

I'm still only at 82 pitches so the coach tells me to go back out there for the 7th inning...routine grounder to Kendrick for one...high popup to shallow center and Hart takes it down for the second out...Burris comes up and clobbers it but it curves foul and to the left of the monster...fly ball right to Hart and he doesn't have to move for the third out

As expected they pull me after 7 innings and the game is in the bullpens hands now. William comes up (uh oh) and pitches a strong 8th for his 7th hold (we only have 9 wins mind you), and Guidry pitches a strong 9th for his 7th save. We win! 5-3

line - 7 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 9 SO (my career high is 10), 1 QS, I improve to 2-0 with the win
Old 06-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #56
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

4/21 - we take the second game of the series too, this time 4-3

4/22 - we lose to the Mariners as out staff falls apart, 5-15

4/23 - we take the series as we score 7 runs and Clay Buchholz comes through on the mound. 7-3

4/24 - The Rangers are coming to town for a quick 2 game series, and David Price loses out to Noah Lowry in the first game...3-6

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #57
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting todays game here in Boston against the Rangers. The rangers are 15-5 coming into this game and in first place in the West by a good margin. On the bump for them is Ja-Hoon Ye who is 2-2 and isn't getting much for run support as he is sitting at a 3.04 ERA.

Defensively Burke is back at SS and Kendrick is the DH. Hart is getting the day off and Lentz is taking his spot in RF.

Taylor Teagarden is killing it in April so far, batting .452 with 7 dingers. Not surprisingly he is leading the AL in batting. The Rangers batting order is stacked. In fact only 3 players are hitting below .315.

Matt Holliday, aka the perenial thorn in my side if you remember, leads off with a double into the gap in left. He just barely beats out the throw at second...struck out he next man whiffing at a dirty changeup low...hard liner right at kinsley for the second out, Holliday moves over to third with two outs...another grounder right at Kinsler to end the inning as Holliday is stranded

Saltalamachia hits a grounder that skips over first base for a leadoff single...a VERY generous strike at the chins gets Melky Cabrera looking at a sinker...Teagarden goes down on another very low sinker...Earl Hendricks (home plate ump) is going to be my new best friend today...a single to center moves the runner to third...1st and 3rd with 2 out...a very slow grounder up the middle somehow gets past both the 2B and the SS and the runner scores...Holliday is already back up and he singles of coures, scoring another run...liner right at ellsbury who ends the inning...we're down 0-2

RS - Morneau belts a solo shot to start out the bottom of the 2nd inning (his 7th of the year), and then Ellsbury brings Kendrick home with a 2 run homer of his own! We take the lead 3-2

grounder to burke who bobbles the ball and the runner (who is unfortunately their fastest player) gets on to leadoff, Burke gets the Error...YES I try a pitchout and the runner goes. Soto still barely gets him but that's the first out...liner high off the monster for a one out double...the runner breaks for third on the first pitch! Soto guns him down for the second out! Wow...what's gotten into Soto?...Earl Hendrick calls 3 straight strike threes as balls, all of which were much more in the zone than the two punchouts he called looking last inning, and I walk the batter...Kinsler takes a grounder but bobbles it! I am just not getting any help this inning...another grounder gets past kinsler and the runner scores to tie the game up at 3...linedrive down the line in right brings home two runs...a grounder to longoria and I hold my breath, but he takes it in fine and fires a strike to morneau for the last out...unbelievable, we're down 3-5

Holliday hits an easy grounder to morneau after 10 pitches...burke takes a grounder that bounces several times in front of morneau but morneau scoops it out for the second out...burke takes another one and this time hits morneau just fine...1-2-3 4th inning

RS - Longoria and Kinsler both get RBI's as we rally in the bottom half of the 4th to tie it back up! 5-5

A hard liner down the line in left bounces off the green monster, but Abdul plays it extremely well and guns the runner down trying to turn it into a double!..liner to shallow left by saltalamachia for a single...another liner off the monster in left for a single, but the runner rounds second and tries to test Abdul for the second time in the inning, and he's out at third by several steps...yet another liner but this time right at kinsler

I get pulled as they were getting very good wood on the ball that last inning, and I don't blame them. I leave when the game is tied.

The Rangers light up out bullpen for 5 runs in the 6th, and 4 more in the 7th. We lose out 7-14...

line - 5 IP, 12 H!!!, 5 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, and a no decision
Old 06-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #58
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

4/27 - We travel to Baltimore to face off against the O's in a 3 game series, and Beckett gets lit up in game one. We lost 3-9

4/28 - Lester gets lit up this time as we lose the second game too, 7-10

4/29 - We win the third and final game by a score of 10-3

4/30 - The last game of the month is the first game of a 2 game series against the Blue Jays in Toronto. We loes game one 4-5

The Month of April has come and gone. We did not start out strong.

AL East Standings
Yankees 18-8
Blue Jays 2.5 GB
Orioles 5.0 GB
Red Sox 6.0 GB
Devil Rays 11.5 GB

Jacoby Ellsbury is hitting .337 so far, and has 9 doubles, 2 triples, and 8 stolen bases
Justin Morneau is hitting .313 with 7 jacks and 20 RBIs

Our starting rotation has been decent, but our bullpen has been awful.

David Price 2-2 4.88 6GS/2QS
Josh Beckett 1-2 4.40 5/2
Clay Buchholz 3-1 5.19 5/1
Jon Lester 1-3 8.34 5/1

My line through April

2-0, 4.20, 5 GS, 3 QS, 19 K, 4 BB, 1 HR, 1.47 WHIP, .311 H v RH, .354 H v LH (that last game against the Rangers killed my WHIP)

We are 12-14 so far on the year
Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #59
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting game two of a two game series on May 1st against the Blue Jays. The game is being played in Toronto. The opposing starter is Max Sherzer who is 2-1 with a 3.68 ERA

Defensively Ellsbury is getting the day off, and Lentz is starting in his place. I'm sure we will miss Ellsbury at some point today. Kendrick is the DH and Burke is starting at SS.

first pitch grounder right to kinsler for the out...I don't get a call on a backdoor slider as I walk the next batter on 11 pitches...Joe Mauer lines it right to Abdul in left for the second out...I do get the call on a backdoor slider this time as the cleanup man goes down looking

The leadoff man goes down waving at an outside 94 MPH fastball...single down the left field line by spilborghs...grounder to longoria and he hits kinsler, who then hits Morneau for a DP to end the inning

grounder to kinsler after yet another battle at the plate for the first out...I'm already at 44 pitches...first pitch bullet right to longoria for the second out...a grounder gets past burke for a two out single...grounder to the left side which burke slides to pick up, and then fires a one hopper to morneau for the third out

RS - Evan Longoria hits an RBI double, Kinsler moves him over to third, and Morneau sacrafices him in for the second score of the inning! We're up 2-0

grounder right to burke who gets out #1...on the 10 pitch I get their cleanup man to wave at a great curveball...i'm at 62 pitches here in the bottom of the 4th...a grounder goes right through burkes legs but the count it a single...a very high fly ball to the gap in right gets taken in by Lentz for the final out of the 4th

RS - Howie Kendrick hits an RBI double in the top of the 5th to put us up 3-0!

easy grounder to kinsler for the first out...very hard grounder but right to longoria for the second out...easy pop to right center that Hart brings down for the third out

RS - Soto gets his first homer of the year as he hits a solo shot into the skydome stands...we're up 4-0 now

a liner up the middle turns into a double as the runners speed as well Lentz complete lack of fielding awareness allows the runner to get to second...skied popup to Abdul in left for the first out...Mauer rips a hard single to right but it's too hard as the runner has to stay at third...runners at the corners with one out...hard grounder to kinslers right but he has to run to get it keeping him from turning two, that allows the runner to score...a very hard single to left through the hole but again it's too hard and the runner from second has to hold at third...spilborghs slaps and easy grounder right to kinsler for the third out

RS - We get two more runs in the top of the 7th as Cory Hart and Kendrick knock get an RBI each...we're now up 6-1!

I wait for the coach to tell me to watch the rest of the game from the dugout but surprisingly I don't hear a word as I go back out there for the 7th inning...hard liner slapped to right for a single to leadoff...I'm up to 110 pitches now and I'm gassing, wondering why I'm still in the game...and as if on queue my next fastball drifts right over the plate and gets plated into the upper deck fora 2 run bomb...finally I get pulled, what gives?

Sean Marshall replaces me who has a 6.48 ERA in 16 innings...ouch, hopefully the pen can protect thsi 3 run lead. I sit down in the dugout and coach comes over to pat me on the back and shake my hand, I guess that's his way of saying "sorry for leaving you out there"

The pen holds!

Marshall pitches through the 7th, William gets his 10th hold in the 8th, and Guidry gets his 10 save in the ninth. We win 6-3!

Line - 6 IP, 3 ER, 8 H, 1 BB, 3 SO, 1 QS, and I improve to 3-0 on the year!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #60
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

4/2 - we head back to Boston to face off against the White Sox in a 2 game series...we lose game 1 by a score of 4-9

4/3 - we get swept in the short series and again it's not even close. Jon Lester gets destroyed 1-11, and his ERA balloons up to 10.08

4/4 - Tampa comes into town for a 3 game divisional series to determine who the worst team in the east really is. They take the first game by beatting Clay Buchholz 3-6

4/5 - David Price pitches another quality game as we win game #2 by a score of 5-1
Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #61
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting the last game of a 3 game series against the Devil Rays. They are 10-22 while we are 14-17. The game is being played during the day at Fenway Park on a Sunday. There are a few couds in the sky, and just over 32k fands in the stands. The starting pitcher for them is Barack Mackey who is 0-2 with an ERA of 5.34...I'm hoping we can light him up

We have a winning record at Fenway, going 10-9. On the road we are 4-8.

Defensively we have out regular starters in the game. Burke is at SS while Kendrick is the DH.

I strike out Viciano looking at some high gas to leadoff...groundout to burke for #2...liner to kinslers right and he dives but comes up short by several feet...their cleanup hitter, Shipman, is batting sub .200 with 1 homer, so I take him lightly, and he obliterates my first pitch fastball 400 feet over the monster...burke digs one out in left field but he's way late and it's a two out single...slow easy grounder to kinsler for the third out

morneau takes an easy grounder to first himeslf for one...Jody Gerut looks at a looping curve for strike three...burke with a beautiful play sliding to stop a ball and then firing a two hopper to morneau who gets it just in time

grounder to morneaus right, he flips it to me and I step on the bag for the first out...low inside heat strikes out their bauer for the second time...Hart takes in a routine fly for the last out

RS - Howie Kendrick with a 2 RBI double in the bottom of the 3rd to tie the game up! 2-2

I wind up walking Shipman this time which is ok by me...my control starts getting away from me as I drill the next batter in the leg on a 1-2 pitch...a base hit to left prompts Adbul to throw an absolutely terrible throw home to try to get the runner who scores...grounder to burke who flips to kinsler and they turn the 4-6-3 DP...man on third with two gone...Gerut pops it up to very shallow left and Abdul takes it in for the third out

RS - Kinsler belts a solo shot to tie the game back up! 3-3

I'm really not getting the low strikes today which is hurting my pitch counts...a leadoff single gets past kinslers diving glove...the runner goes one pitch after a pitchout, but Soto guns him down after the batter whiffs at the sinker!...burke very nearly sails one over morneaus head but morneau snags it out of the air for the second out...oooo I get the last man waving at a curve to end the 5th

RS - Ellsbury hits a triple into deep right center and Abdul singles him in, we take the lead 4-3!

very lazy groundout to longoria for the first out...Shipman comes up now and crushes another one to left field, thankfully this time it curves foul...he hits a long ball but not too long as Ellsbury brings it down in left-center...I can feel myself gassing now but I only need one more out to get out of the 6th...I get the last man to pop up to Abdul on the first pitch and the 6th is over!

As expected coach pulls me after and I watch the rest of the game from the dugout. Hopefully the pen cal hold this 1 run lead. Garko comes in who has an ERA of 2.10 and I watch him load the bases with two outs on a walk, but he gets the next guy out. William comes in in the 8th and gives up and hit and walks somebody too, but then strikes the next batter out and gets out of the inning. We score 1 insurance run in the bottom of the eighth. Guidry comes in for the 9th and slams the door yet again. We win 5-3!

Line - 6 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, 1 QS, and I improve to 4-0 on the year!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #62
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Despite the decent run support i've been getting, we are 23rd in the league in runs scored up to this point, and 24th in home runs. Our team ERA is 5.31 and ranked 29th in the league! I have the lowest ERA of all the starts at 4.29. We are 7th in Strikeouts with 183, and I lead the team with 26

5/8 - Toronto comes into town for a quick 2 game series, and knocks Beckett and the rest of the staff around for 12 runs. We lose 4-12

5/9 - We split the series by winning game 2 by a score of 5-3

5/10 - We travel to Minnesota for a 4 game series against my old team the Twins. We lose game one 1-6

5/11 - We still can't get any offense going as we lose game two 0-6
Old 06-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #63
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Tonight I start against my former team in the Twins. This is the third game in a 4 game series. They are 18-18 to our... The opposing pitcher is...

Defensively we have all of the regulars. Burke is starting at SS again with Kendrick the DH. Unfortunately I'm thinking this will be the norm.

the first pitch of the game is a very nicely placed fastball which didn't miss the plate in any way, shape, or form, but is still called a ball. the next pitch gets belted to shallow left, and Abdul misses badly diving for it which leads to a double...liner over burkes head for a single, the runner only gets to third. men on the corners with nobody out. popup to shallow left to hart, the runner at third starts to tag but then thinks twice and heads back...I don't get a low ball called for a strike and the next ball is singled to right which brings home the runner at third...Delmon Young goes down looking at a great curve for the second out...a slow chopper comes right back to me for the third out...we're down 0-1

hard liner right between my legs for a leadoff single...liner to left but longoria leaps and snags it out of midair...a very routine grounder right to kinsler bounces off of his glove ruining the chance of the DP, and then he sails the ball over morneaus head allowing the runners to advance to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out...jesus christ common guys...fly to center which scores the run, ellsbury throws it to the cutoff man (kinsler) who then tries to get the runner heading to third, and the throw is 5 feet above his head. thankfully longoria is able to jump off the bag into the air and get it...this is getting rediculous...a line drive directly to burkes right goes right past his diving glove as his reaction time was just awful, another run scores...a grounder to kinsler, I hold my breath, he fields it, I hold my breath again as he throws, and it's a strike to morneau to end the inning...we're down 0-3

single past longoria on the left side...I haven't seen defense this sloppy since playing AA ball...the runner takes off and gets a horrible jump, but soto's throw is well over burkes head and he has to run and jump to get the ball as the runner is in safely...ok I give up...I walk the next batter...fly to shallow center and ellsbury takes it down, and the runner takes off, but ellsbury decides to spin around for no particular reason, and then throws a lazy 3 hopper to third and the runner is in safely...fly ball to left field and the runner tags from 3rd base, abdul fires a beautiful ball into the infield but the cutoff man LEAPS into the air and then decides he's not going to relay the throw...what in the holy fuck?...the next ball is a strike but GETS AWAY FROM SOTO and the runner advances from 1st to 2nd...a slow roller to me as I underhand it to morneau for the last out...we're down 0-4

RS - Longoria belts a solo shot into the stands, we're down 1-4

long fly ball to the wall in right that hart brings down jogging...morneau makes a beautiful diving catch and tags first himself for the second out...liner to center that ellsbury...backs up and lets bounce in front of him, then takes it on one hop...?????????...I walk the next guy on 4 pitches that were rediculously out of the zone, despite aiming for down the middle every time...my control obviously a bit shaken...high popup to shallow left that Adbul takes in to end the 4th

ellsbury decides he wants to catch this one, one away...popup to burke that he takes for the second out...liner into the gap in left center for a two out double...struck the last man out on 9 pitches with a nice curve that he whiffed on

I get pulled after pitching 73 pitches...and we tie the game up in the top of the 8th, only to lose in the bottom of the 9th, 6-5

Line - 5 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO, no decision

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #64
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

5/13 - We're swept by the Twins as our Bullpen can't hold the lead, wel ose 4-2

5/15 - We travel to Tampa to face the last plays Devil Rays in a 3 game series. They take game one 3-7

5/16 - Tampa blows Buchholz away with 10 runs and we can only score twice

5/17 - We avoid the sweep and David Price improves to 4-3 with a 9-6 win

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #65
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I had done a write up for my last game, but I accidentally didn't post it. It basically went like this.

Roughly half of the starters were given the day off...and there were a half dozen botched plays by the defense again, on top of them getting no hit for the first 5 innings.

My line - 4.1 IP, FIFTEEN HITS, 5 ER (2 given up by the pen), 0 BB, 2 SO, I get my first loss of the year.

We lost 8-2

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #66
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

5/19 - we win the second game of a three game series against the Mets, 7-3

5/20 - we take the series against the Mets! Winning the third game on a stellar pitching performance by Jon Lester, 8-0

5/21 - We come back home to Boston, thank goodness, and the Orioles are in town for a 3 game divisional series to determine the 3rd place spot in the East. We lose the first game 3-6

5/22 - We win game 2 in the late innings 4-3, as David Price pitches a great game but gets a ND

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #67
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting the third and final game of a 3 game series against the Orioles, here in Boston. First pitch is at 1:05, and the opposing pitcher is Nick Masset who is 3-5 with a 5.40 ERA. Hopefully we can do better than the last two games I pitched in.

Defensively Geovany Soto has been given the day off again. It is very likely that he was benched permanently but I am not 100% sure. Burke is starting at SS and Kendrick is the DH.

grounder right to morneau for the first out...a one hopper to morneau again for the second out...popped up to, you guessed it, morneau as he makes all three outs un-assisted in the first

sat down their cleanup man looking on three pitches with some high heat...after a first pitch fastball against their #5 man, I feel something pull...I can't continue to pitch and I'm sent to get some MRI's done immediately.

The Orioles light up my replacement for 4 runs in the top of the 2nd, but we score 9 over the next 8 innings to take home the 9-4 win.

Line - 1.1, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, no decision
Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #68
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

aparently I've just strained my oblique muscles on one side. I'm listed as day to day but I may miss a start.

5/24 - Kansas City comes to town for a 4 games series, and they take game one, shutting us out 0-7

5/25 - The Royals also take game two, as we mount a comeback but fall just short. 10-11

5/26 - We lost again to the royals who are 23-27, losing the final game 2-6

5/27 - We win the pride game against KC, 5-4
Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #69
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting tonights game, and I don't miss any starts due to my injury. Tonight we travel to Oakland for a 3 game series. The A's have the same record as us at 22-29, and they are starting Rickey Pulliam who is 1-5 with a 6.93 ERA. I'm really hoping for a win here as it has been nearly a month since my last one.

soto has officially been benched for Yabuta, thank goodness. I haven't had a chance to see what his arm is like, but it can't be any worse than Soto's. Defensively we are starting our best lineup with Kendrick at SS, Kinsler at 2B, and Rios as the DH.

liner to left to leadoff with a single...grounder to Kinsler, to Kendrick to Morneau for a beautiful DP...routine grounder and OH it goes right through Kinslers legs...ouch...skied popup above kendrick who pulls it down to end the 1st

liner to right center to leadoff but hart with an excellent play to pluck it just before it hits the ground...slooow grounder up the middle but we can't get to it and it's a single...fly to shallow left which Abdul takes in for the second out...popup off to the left in foul territory and the catcher brings it down

Rajai davis with a nice bunt single to leadoff for the A's...little chopper in front of the mound, the guy is out at first but the runner advances...Rajai Davis tries to steal second but he's just barely out!..hard single up the middle past kinsler...routine fly to middle/deep right field and Hart pulls it down

3-2 heater strikes out their leadoff man...grounder to Kendrick's left and he runs it down, but his throw is very weak and it's an infield single...linedrive to left that Abdul drops!...very dissapointing error with 1 out, now there are men on 2nd and 3rd...I walk the #7 hitter to force a potential DP from almost anywhere...hard liner to the left side and it's just over longorias head, but he doesnt' try for it for some reason, 2 runs score...Rajai davis goes down swinging for the second out...a pitch gets away from the catch somehow, the runner comes home and he gets the ball to me before he scores, I tag the runner out by several feet, but for some reason he's called SAFE?!?!?!?!...struck the guy out looking with a curve, un fucking believable again...we're down 0-3

grounder right to morneau to leadoff the first...single down the line...very hard grounder to longoria who hits kinsler, who then turns the DP

They pull me after the 5th

We manage to score once, and lose 1-3. I lose my second straight

Line - 5 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, My record drops to 4-2

I have received a total of 1 run in support in my last 4 starts.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #70
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

5/29 - We beat Oakland in game 2, 10-0

5/30 - Oakland takes ther series as we lose 2-7

May Wrapup

We were 11-17 in the month of May, and out overall record dropped to 23-31. I was 2-2 this month, receiving a grand total of 1 run of support in my last 4 starts. Our offense has been anemic as of late.

We are 25th in the league in runs scored, 17th in hits, 25th in HR, 26th in OBP, and 18th in total bases

We are 25th in ERA at 5.20, and 28th in hits allowed

AL East
Yankees 35-19
Blue Jays 2 GB
Orioles 10 GB
Red Sox 12 GB
Devil Rays 19 GB

I am on a cold streak
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #71
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

6/1 - today we start a 3 game series at the Angels who are 17-37 and one of the worst teams in the league. We win game one 8-4

6/2 - They take game two, 1-3

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #72
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game, and I'm very hungry for a win. This is the third and final game of a 3 game series against the Angels. We are playing in Anaheim and Jered Weaver is on the bump. Weaver is 3-3 with a 4.62 ERA, just .06 points below mine.

Defensively Esparza is starting in place of Abdul in LF ...Burke is also starting at SS.

Hard liner into the gap for a leadoff double...I get 3 straight pitches on the corner called balls, Grabor hits a liner to right and Hart dives at a ball that is nowhere near him. the ball rolls to the wall and it's an RBI double...my confidence is already completely shot...Grabow tries to take third but he gets gunned down for the first out...Hairston then swings and misses at a nasty slider as my head starts clearing...I sit their cleanup man down on 3 pitches and my confidence returns just ever so slightly

RS - Ellsbury hits a RBI Triple! He then unfortunately gets gunned down trying to take home on the next play, Yabuta our new catcher comes up next and pokes a solo shot out of the park! We're up 2-1!

high easy pop to shallow center, ellsbury comes down with it...Fred Lewis comes up and then goes down swinging on a backdoor slider...a very softly hit grounder to the left that I charge and then hit morneau to barely get the runner

their leadoff man looks at a changeup for strike three that pains the inside corner...a liner to right but morneau leaps and plucks it out of midair!...struck the last guy out with an absolutely wicked inside curve to end the inning

liner right at kinsley for out #1...I'm pitching very soundly now...a little bloop right at kinsler which takes forever to get to him, and it bounces off his glove, hairston reaches on an error...sloooow grounder to longoria who charges it hard, picks it up barehanded and fires to kinsley to second, who jumps over the diving man trying to take him out of the DP, but Kinsley hit Morneau who stretches for the DP...out of the inning

RS - Yabuta gets another RBI, then Cory Hart brings two men home with a bases loaded single. We go up 5-1

easy grounder that burke one hops to morneau for the out...fred lewis hits the first pitch on the ground right to morneau for the second out...loooong drive to deep center, but the wall goes way back where it was hit and ellsbury settles under it right at the wall for the third out

another long drive this time to right center but Ellsbury brings it down on the warning track...michael bourn grounds it to burke who charges and releases quickly for the second out...one hopper to burke again who one hops it to morneau for the third out

popup in foul ground which I jog over and bring down for the first out...deep fly to left center but Ellsbury gets there quickly and there's two down...Ugeuto nails a second pitch fastball and sends it over the left field wall...that's only my 3rd hit allowed up until now...I'm left in and the next batter hits a line drive down the line for a double...I'm still in the game surprisingly...Fred Lewis who I have absolutely owned throughout my career comes up and waves at a high fastball for the third out...we're still up 5-2

They give me the rock into the 8th inning for the first time this year!..I'm only at 77 pitches...easy pop right to morneau to takes it down for one...the next guy hits a ball down the left field line that, wait a minute, what? It's a homerun that bounces off the top of the wall? It went all of 338 feet.

They pull me for Jolber Vidro who has a 6.00 ERA in 16 innings...ouch...coach pats me on teh back and tells me I did a hell of a job. Hopefully they can hold them. Video gives up a hit but no runs. Guidry comes in and gives up a solo shot to cut the lead to one, but then closes the door for the win! 5-4 is the final score

Line - 7.1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO, 1 QS, My record improves to 5-2
Old 06-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #73
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

6/6 - We lose game 2 against the A's 3-5

6/7 - We take our second series in a row! Clay Buchholz pitches a fine game and we win 5-1

6/8 - We head back to Boston for a 3 game interleague series against the Marlins. We get shut down in the first game 0-7
Old 06-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #74
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm start tonights game against the Marlins. This is the second in a three game interleague series. The Marlins are 35-27, and on the bump for them is Yusmerio Petit who is 6-2 with a 5.68 ERA. The Marlins are in 1st place in the NL East. There are 32,157 fans here this evening.

Abdul has been given the night off in LF and Rios is starting in his place. Burke is at SS.

Rung up Rosas leading off and looking on 3 pitches with the heat...hard grounder back up the middle for a one out single...Gil Quantanilla has been a hell of a hitter throughout my career, and it looks like he's still tearing things up with a .348 AVG and 20 bombs...the catcher can't handle a curve and the runner advances...grounded to burke who holds the runner and hits morneau...liner up the middle and instead of charging and trying to get the man at home, ellsbury just stops and waits for it so the runner scores standing up...the ump is just killing me right now with 5 or 6 strikes that he's called balls in the last two at bats...longoria hauls in a hard grounder and guns out the last man...we're down 0-1

if the ump keeps this up it's going to be a long game...popped to longoria in foul ground for one...another pop to longoria for two...burke takes a slow grounder from deep in the hole and just gets the runner for the third out

routine groundout to kinsler for one...morneau snags a grounder for two...hard liner up the middle for a two out single...that brings up quintanella who thankfully lines to LF

routine grounder to burke who sails a ball nearly into the stands on an error...fly out to ellsbury for one...another fly to ellsbury for the out...got the last man looking at a looping curve to end the inning

RS - Longoria with a solo blast to tie it up! 1-1 heading into the 5th

hard grounder right back up the middle for a leadoff single...long fly to left but Rios brings it in just in front of the monster...liner to right that Hart takes on a hop...grounder up the middle and it's off of burkes glove, I would say unbelievable but...that brings up quintanella with the bases loaded and 1 out...hard grounder to burke who, of course, can't come up with it and it goes into center, two runs score...grounder to kinsler who unfortunately flips it to burke, who fires a high throw to morneau that he reaches up and pulls down for the DP...we're down 1-3

burke takes a grounder in for out number one...fly out to hart for the second out...hard grounder back up the middle for a two out single...morneau takes a grounder to first for the final out in the 6th

As expected the Coach pulled me after 6, and in the bottom of the 7th we actually tied the game up, but Vidro gave up a solo jack in the 8th and we couldn't respond. We lose 3-4.

Line - 6 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 1 QS, no decision
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #75
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Though I'm not known to be a strikeout pitcher, I read an article in the newspaper saying that I recorded my 500th career strikeout last game. Exciting stuff!

6/10 - We take the final game from the Marlins as Josh Beckett only allows 1 run over 8, and improves his record to 4-5. We win 7-1

6/12 - More interleague play as Philadelphia comes to town for a 3 game series. We take game one 7-0 as Lester pitches a beauty.

6/13 - We win our third straight! Buchholz pitches very well and we win 2-1 over the Phillies

6/14 - We can't quite complete the sweep as the Phillies light up David Price. We lose 1-10 and Price's record drops to 4-6

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #76
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game as we travel to Atlanta to face off against the Braves in a 3 game interleague series. The Braves have won one game more than us this year. I will get my second at bat of the year in this game, and I'm excited for the opportunity to take some cuts at the plate. Starting for the Braves is Boyce Kieschnick who is 4-5 with a 4.95 ERA.

Defensively Ellsbury is playing LF tonight, while Abdul is taking the day off. Rios is starting in CF, and Kendrick is playing SS thank goodness. This looks like a pretty good defensive lineup, so I'm excited.

For the second straight game I have allowed a leadoff double to start the game, this time to their 2B Mesa...a groundout to kinsler moves the runner to third...another groundout to kinsler scores the run...and a third straight groundout to kinsler ends the inning...we're down 0-1 after 3 straight sacrafices

RS - Corey Hart blasts a 2 run bomb in the top of the 2nd...we're up 2-1!

yet another groundout to kinsler for the first out...I let a slider slip and it gets belted to left, but Ellsbury pulls it down just in front of the warning track...a foul pop gets pulled down by none other than kinsler for the third out

RS - I'm leading off in the top of the third...I guess the pitch will be low and on the first pitch I'm correct, but I ground it right to their second baseman...it's too bad I didn't get on because Evan Longoria hit our second 2 run bomb of the game. We go up 4-1!

longoria gets an easy grounder and records the first out...popup to center as Rios comes in to take it for the second out...Mesa comes up to bat again and this time pops up to Hart in right

RS - I'm coming up to bat in the top of the 4th with a man on 1st and two out...I get the sign to swing away...I ground to third to end the inning

soft grounder to third and...nobody charges it! infield single...and of course the very next pitch goes 380 feet into the stands in right field as their 3B Dozier clobbers a low inside fastball...longoria can't handle a ball to third and it gets by him, which then turns into a double...high fly to deep right but Hart brings it down in front of the warning track...man on third with only one out...yunel escobar hits an RBI double down the right field line...liner right at kinsley who takes it in for the second out...the pitcher flies out to Hart as I blow the lead...we're tied up 4-4

RS - Evan Longoria hits ANOTHER 2 run jack, putting us back up 6-4! I love that guy!

Struck out the leadoff man looking at a backdoor slider...drive to left that longoria can't quite reach up and grab...hard liner to left that Ellsbury makes an AMAZING play charging it and nabbing it just before it hits the ground...dozier back up to bat now, again with a man on...liner to right for a single that I'm more than happy with...runner son the corners with two down...kinsler is out of position and he can't get a routine grounder to the right side and a runner scores...hard grounder to the left but it's right to kendrick who hits morneau for the last out...we're still hanging on to a 6-5 lead

Surprisingly they leave me in for the 6th inning, more than likely because I've only thrown 69 pitches...routine grounder to Kendrick for the first out...hard grounder down the line on the left side but longoria makes a great play and fires a bullet to morneau for the second out...another hard grounder down the line but to the right side this time, and morneau is there to take it to first

amazingly, they're leaving me in to hit and leadoff the 7th inning...I hit a long fly ball to the gap in right center, but it's too high and they pull it down for the first out

routine grounder to kinsler for one out...popped to longoria for two...routine fly to center and rios pulls it down to end the 7th...I'm sure that's all for me today, and i'm right. Coach sits me down and says next time I need to keep the big innings to a minimum...

hopefully the pen can hold the 1 run lead for 2 innings...and they do! Eduardo Gomes pitches the 8th and allows only 1 hit, and Guidry gets his 18th save of the year.

Line - 7 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, and my record improves to 6-2!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-24-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #77
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Is this holding anyones interest by the way? I know it's unorthodox to start a dynasty thread 8 years into a career. I plan on starting one from scratch after this one is over as a 3B, but if nothing else this would be practice.

Candor is appreciated.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-23-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #78
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just started reading. Hadn't been in the dynasty forum for a while. Keep it goin'.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #79
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

I've been following along when I get a chance. You're doin a great job.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #80
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Good to know you're enjoying it. I'll continue tonight then

Thanks!

PS - Karl...pm sent

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-24-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #81
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

I just got MLB 09 The Show for my PS3 a few weeks ago and I'm having a good time with it. I like reading dynasties of others.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #82
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkilla22 View Post
I just got MLB 09 The Show for my PS3 a few weeks ago and I'm having a good time with it. I like reading dynasties of others.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I picked this thing up 3-4 weeks ago and I've been playing it nonstop. I really enjoy reading EF and Dex's dynasties, and they were my motivation for posting this one. I just wish I had started from the very beginning.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #83
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

6/16 - In game two of the series against Atlanta, Josh Beckett gets his record back to .500 and we win 6-3

6/17 - We take our second straight series as we win game three 5-2

6/19 - We travel to DC to face off against the Nats in a 3 game series. They take game one 2-3

6/20 - They take the second game as well, 1-4. David Price sees his record drop to 5-7
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #84
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game in Washington DC. This is the third and final game of the series against the Nats. This is also our second to last interleague series of the season. The opposing starting pitcher is Lloyd Moffett who is 5-4 with an ERA of 6.78

struck out their leadoff man waving at a nice curve off the plate...liner to left that Rios picks off easily...two out double off the right field wall...Kata hits a rocket off the left field wall JUST fair and the runner scores, but Rios guns Kata down trying to stretch it into a double

RS - I'm coming up to bat with men on 1st and 2nd with two away in the top of the second inning, and my lack of experience at the plate shows as I strike out swinging at two straight pitches out of the zone

grounder to morneau who surprisingly bobbles the ball for an error...grounder to Kendrick, who flips to kinsler, and they turn the 6-4-3...two out single to right past morneaus diving glove...popped in foul terriroty on the left and longoria stretches out to get it

their pitcher, Moffet, CRUSHES a ball to right field that Hart pulls down on the run at the track for the first out...whew...easy pop to right center that Hart takes in for the second out...groundout to kinsler to end the inning

RS - Justin Morneau with an RBI double in the top of the 4th to tie it up! 1-1

easy grounder right to morneau for the first out...VERY hard liner to the right side but morneau makes a great play leaping into the air and snagging it, two away...Kurt Suzuki with a liner up the middle for a single...groundout to longoria for the third out

RS - I'm leading off in the top of the 5th...I hit a nice fly ball to left but it's too high and their LF snags it

easy pop to shallow right that kinsler runs out and takes down...liner to kinslers left and he runs over and snags it for the second out...the pitcher flies to center to end the 5th

leadoff double into the gap and off the wall to left center...grounder to the right gets past morneau and lets the run score...DAMN...two run blast to right field just skims over the wall...groundout to longoria for one...I walk Kurt Suzuki on 11 pitches, and they pull me after the 3 run inning. Ryan Perry with a 6.75 ERA replaces me and I have a bad feeling abotu this one

well Perry doesn't let any runs score, but don't don't get another hit the rest of the way. We lose 1-4

Line - 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, My record drops to 6-3

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-24-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #85
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

6/22 - We head back home for the last interleague series of the year. This time against the Mets. They take the first game 5-6 as our bullpen falters in the late innings.

6/23 - We take the second game 4-3

6/24 - We lose the third and final game against the Mets, and the last interleague game of the season. 5-6

6/25 - The other team from New York comes to Boston for a 3 game series, this time it's the red hot division leading Yankees. David Price pitches a gem of a game, going the full nine innings for a 4 hit shutout! We win 3-0

I have been on a cold streak list just about the entire month of June

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-24-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #86
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game against the Yankees. This is the secodn game of a 3 game series against our Division leading rivals. The game is being played at night in Boston. The opposing pitcher is their Ace, Phil Hughes, who is 6-1 with a stellar 2.34 ERA. 36,298 people are here to see this game! That means there are barely 1,100 empty seats int he house.

Justin Morneau has been given the day off, unforunately. Howie Kendrick will play 1B in his place. Jacoby Ellsbury has also been given the day off, which removed the only two players on our team batting above .290. Phil Lentz will be playing in his stead in CF. Abdul Morneau has been moved to DH in place of Arnie Esparza who takes the field in Left...this is definitely not a good defensive, or offensive lineup.

9 pitch leadoff at bat results in a ball that hits on the line in right for a single...backfoot slider takes down the next man looking...single to right on the first pitch by Texiera and the runner takes third...I walk the next batter to load the bases with one away...he hits a hard grounder to longoria! he tosses it to kinsler, who turns two...out of the inning!

liner to left for another leadoff single...I'm already to the #8 man and I have only seen one player hitting under .300...liner right at kinsler for the first out...double off the monster on a hanging curve ...men at 2nd and 3rd with one out...pop to very shallow right and rios takes it, the man tags and he fires a rocket to the catcher, but the throw is 10 feet off and the runner scores easily...grounder up the middle past kinslers diving glove that scores another run...my control is absolutely everywhere tonight, I dont' think I've ever seen it this bad...fastball right down the chute gets plowed over the monster for a 2 run blast...I plunk Texiera...deep fly to center but it's not deep enough and it's the third out...this is going to get uglier before it gets any prettier...down 0-4

routine grounder to Kendrick filling in at first and he bobbles it! error...another blast to left but it stops at the track for the first out...my control is absolutely awful tonight as I give up another single to center...Kendrick with a surprising leaping grab on a liner to the right side for the second out...another groundball to center and Lentz is waiting for it almost at the warning track, a run scores...easy grounder to burke at SS and he bobbles the ball for another error, which allows another runner to score, and the coach pulls me after.

We lose 3-6 and I can't wait for tomorrow to come.

Line - 2.2 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, My record drops to 6-4
Old 06-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #87
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

6/27 - We take the series from the Yanks! we win the thidr game 7-6 as our offense comes alive

6/28 - We travel to Arlington for a 3 game series against the Rangers...we lose game one 4-5 as our bullpen falters

6/29 - We lose the second game as well, 4-5

6/30 - We win the pride game 7-6, and David Price gets some run support for a change. He improves to 6-7
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #88
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Around the League

Well...Boston had a very streaky month of June. We won 3 games in a row several times, but also lost 5 games in a row. We finished with a 14-14 record in June, and we are now 37-44.

AL East
Yankees - 53-27
Blue Jays - 6.5 GB
Orioles - 14.5 GB
Red Sox - 16.5 GB
Devil Rays - 25.5 GB

The following teams are leading their division
Tigers/White Sox are tied for the lead in the Central
Rangers hold a 1.5 game lead over the Mariners
Mets hold a 3.5 game lead over the Marlins
Brewers hold a 7.5 game lead over the Reds
Giants have the leagues best record at 54-27 and hold a 10.5 game lead over the Rockies

Matt Holliday of the Rangers was leading the league in batting with a .382 average, however Tike Brewer of the Mariners has joined him with an identical AVG.

Tike Brewer is also leading the AL in Homers (25) and RBI (86), making him an early potential Triple Crown threat.Ryan Braun of the Brewha's is leading the Majors with 26 Homers.

Latroy Prince of the Blue Jays is leading the AL with 11 wins, and Jordon Bettances of the Brewha's is tied with him in the NL with of his own.

Terrmel Burke of the Yankees has 31 saves to lead the Majors.

Phil Hughes of the Yankees has the lowest ERA in the league at 2.48, and the top 4 in the Majors are all in the AL.

Ivan Manuel of the Pirates is leading the Majors in strikeouts with 126, and Tim Lincecum of the Tigers is second with 110.

Edison Volquez of the cubbies is leading the Majors with a 1.13 WHIP

The replacement catcher we brought up from AAA to replace Soto (who is aparently injured) is batting .324! Longoria is the team batting leader, hitting .337, as well as homers with 19, and RBI's with 50.

David Price, Clay Buchholz, and I are all tied for the team lead in Wins with 6, however I am the only pitcher with a winning record.

My line after June

6-4, 86 IP, 5.13 ERA, 8 HR, 11 BB, 45 K, 1.52 WHIP, .307 v RH, .368 v LH

Definitely not pretty, as pretty much the entire month of June was awful for me. I'd do anything to end this cold streak.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #89
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I am starting tonights game in Arlington. This is the last game of a four game series against the Rangers. They are 45-36 and in first place in the AL West. The opposing starting pitcher is Mike Pelfrey who is 8-6 with an ERA of 4.55

defensively, Abdul is being put into the DH spot for the night, and Esparza is taking his spot in left. Howie Kendrick has been given the night off entirely. Burke is at SS.

struck out Arias leading off as he swung through a changeup...easy two hopper to morneau for the second out...struck Rush out on a mean outside sinker to end the first

AL batting leader Mat Holliday leads off with a single up the middle, no surprise there...Saltalamachia flies out to center for th e first out...holliday takes off for second and the throw is way off base, and nearly into center field...grounder nearly into the hole on the left side but longoria snags it on the run and throws melky cabrera out for #2, holliday moves over to third...Teagarden with a man on third and two outs hits a routine grounder to burke to end the inning BUT HE BOBBLES IT, thankfully he recovers in time and he guns down Teagarden.

leadoff grounder to morneau for the first out...grounder up the middle the burke makes a nice play on but takes aaaaabsolutely forever getting out of his glove, on top of a completely unnecessary spin move, and it's an infield single...routine fly to right that hart only has to take 5 steps for, but ellsbury calls him off and SPRINTS over from center, only to miss the ball! runners advance to 2nd and 3rd with one out, and of course it doesn't count as an error...struck the next man out on a nice outside changeup to make it 2 outs...I walk the next man on 10 pitches to load the bases...Matt Holliday struts up to the plate...he does what he does 90% of the time and hits an 0-2 grounder up the middle for a single, two runs score...saltalamachia grounds to burke (heart stops) for the last out...we're down 0-2 after three innings

cabrera leads off whiffing at a slider...Teagardens grounds to Kinsler for the second out...flyout to Hart in right to end the inning

leadoff single to right by their speed demon leadoff man...he takes off for second on the first pitch but I decided to do a pitchout and he gets gunned down!...grounder to burke for the second out...Fly to somewhat deep left but Esparza brings it down 10 feet in front of the warning track to end the 5th inning

RS - Jacoby Ellsbury with an RBI single to get us on the board, and then Yabuta our new young catcher pokes one into the stands for a 2 run shot! We're leading 3-2!

routine grounder to kinsler to get the leadoff man...Holliday nails a single to right just past kinslers diving glove...saltalamachia goes down waving at an outside changeup, which was waaay out of the zone...liner to the right side on the first pitch but kinsler leaps and brings it down! stranding saltalamachia and ending the 6th inning...

I started gassing a bit last inning as I hit 96 pitches, so I'm expecting to be pulled now, and I am. Hopefully the pen can hold this thing.

Some kid named Perry with an 0-2 record and an ERA around 6 comes in after me, and promptly walks a batter, which he then follows up by allowing 3 hits and 2 runs. We lose 3-4

Line - 6 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, no decision

That was my strongest showing in quite a while, and hopefully I'm on the road to getting off of this cold streak.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-26-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #90
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

7/2 - We continue our road trip, this time traveling to Oakland to face off against the A's in a 3 game series. We take game one 6-5 as Josh Beckett gets his 6th win.

7/3 - We take the second game of the series too, crushing them 13-6.

7/4 - We sweep the A's! Clay Buchholz has a strong game and we take it home 5-3.

7/6 - We finally head back home to Boston to play against the Orioles in teh last series before the all-star break. David Price pitches a very good game but gets a no decision. We score late and win our 4th in a row 2-1!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #91
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game in Boston against the Orioles. This is the second of a 2 game series against the O's. They are 42-47, just one game better than us. The starting pitcher on the mound for them is Nick Masset who is 5-7 with an ERA of 6.00

Kendrick has been given the day off, and Rios is taking Adbuls spot in Left Field. Abdul is still in the lineup but as a DH.

Leadoff single right up the middle to start the game...I try a pickoff move and the ball sails into the stands, already a man at third with nobody out...oy vay...deep fly to center that ellsbury takes in, defintely deep enough to score the first run...rung up the next batter on a generous fastball called a strike low...high/inside fastball is somehow turned on for a grounder down the third base line for a two out single...gilbert root blasts my next pitch off the monster for a double scoring the runner from first...oy vay here we go AGAIN...struck the last man out on a nasty curve...at least I've got some movement going. down 0-2

every pitch I throw low winds up down the middle, and every pitch I try to throw high ends up down the middle...this is not going well...single to lead off the 2nd inning...double play grounder up the middle turns into a single somehow which moves the runner to third as ellsbury is playing deep center...runners at the corners with nobody out...the runner takes off for second and OF FUCKING COURSE the ball goes flying into center field which scores the run...grounder down the third base liner that hops over the bag fair, scoring the 4th run of the game...the runner takes off for second and ONCE AGAIN the throw is off target, thankfully he does not advance to third...how in the hell did we win any games when I wasn't pitching?...flyout to left that rios brings down, who then throws a 5 hopper to third trying to catch the man tagging, the 3rd baseman has to run towards the ball as it starts dying before it reaches him and the runner is safe...fly to center for the third out...down 0-4

popped up to morneau for the first out of the 3rd inning...Gilbert Root pumps a changeup that was right down the middle 405 ft over the fence for a solo shot...grounder past burke at short (surprise surprise) for a single...longoria misjudges a foul popup and can't bring it down...struck the next man out waving at some heat...a breaking ball gets away from me by a good 5 feet and plunks the next batter on a 0-2 count...hard grounder down the line on the right side but morneau, the only competent fielder on my team the last month and a half snags it and takes it himself

I punch out the leadoff man with a VERY favorable backdoor slider on a 3-2 count...liner to right field which Hart bobbles on one hop, but the runner does not advance...runner steals second...grounder right at morneau for the second out, the runner advances to third...liner to right that hart grabs on the run to end the inning

RS - Ellsbury puts a fat pitch into the stands for a 2 run homer, Yabuta knocks in 2 on a 2 RBI double, and then Cory hart brings home another run with an RBI single!!! We're all tied up 5-5...amazing

I walk the leadoff man in 5 pitches, the pitches were TERRIBLY out of control ...liner to hart for the first out...the runner takes off for second but I did a pitchout and OH MY GOD the ball goes into center field again, this is absolutely impossible. Ellsbury picks it up and then guns the runner down at third!...two away...line drive to right for a single...god I am just getting crushed with liners...not surprisingly the runner takes off for second (hell at this rate I would too) but he gets thrown out to end the inning!

They pull me after that inning as I'm up to 96 pitches already, and I'm surprised I lasted that long. Jolbert Video, my replacement, gives up 4 runs in his first inning of work. We score 3 and almost tie it up, but fall just short, losing 8-9.

Line - 5 IP, 10 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, no decision by some miracle. How awful is this

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-26-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #92
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

7/8 - We take the Series against the Orioles and continue the superb play lately. Winning game three 4-3 behind another strong pitching performance by Josh Beckett.

7/10 - The All-Star game is today! Here is the AL All-Star Roster.

Starting Pitchers
LaTroy Prince
Phil Hughes
Ambiorix Baez
Tim Lincecum
Asdrubal Zamora

Relief Pitchers
Logan Kensing
Terrmel Burke
Joel Hanraham
Jonathan Papelbon
Erwin Guidry
Chad Cordero
Napoleon Gunn

Position Players
Cesar Vizcaino
Mike Napoli
Coy Place
Lionel rush
Adrian Gonzalez
Yusmeiro Saldana
Warner Ruzicka
Ian Kinsler
Tike Brewer
David Wright
Malik Melhuse
Hanley Ramirez
Joakim Segovia
Matt Holliday
Saul Vermilyea
Val Bauer
JT McMillon
Luigi Zambrano
Livan Rosas
Linwood Shuey

The NL won the game however, blowing the AL out 8-1.

7/13 - We continue our winning ways this time traveling to Cleveland for a 3 game series. We take game one 5-4

7/14 - We keep rolling along, winning game two 9-5 and taking the series

7/15 - David Price can't keep the ball in the park as we get lit up for the final game against the Indians, 5-8.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #93
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game. This is the first game of 3 against the last place Devil Rays. We are playing at Tropicana field. The Devil Rays are 32-62, and we are just 3 games away from being back to .500, 44-47. On the hill for the Rays is Terrance Clevlen who is 2-10 with a 8.20 ERA. I'm feeling VERY good about this start.

Defensively we have Rios in left for Morneau who is the DH. Kinsler has been given the day off as Ian Kendrick is starting in his place.

RS - Howie Kendrick makes a case to be starting more often with a solo shot in the top of the first, we're already up 1-0!

Carl Crawford looks at a beautifully placed 3rd strike fastball to start out the bottom of the first....fastball gets away from me but it stays in the park, barely, Rios brings it down at the track in left field...breathe...pop to morneau for a 1-2-3 first

their cleanup hitter whifs at some 95 mph high heat for the first out...easy groundout right to longoria...Jody Gerut strikes out looking on three pitches with a dirty backdoor slider...

curveball popped to longoria for the first out...hard fly ball to the gap in right center but ellsbury sprints there and brings it down...easy grounder right to Kendrick and he throws to morneau to end the 3rd inning

RS - Cory Hart has an RBI double to put us up 2-0

Carl Crawford strikes out again, but at some high heat...flied out to Rios in left for the second out...heater blown by the last man to end the inning...

RS - Burke leads off with a single, Howie Kendrick brings him home with a double, and Cory Hart then brings Kendrick home with an RBI single...we're up 4-0!

I walk the leadoff man on 6 pitches, after starting otu 0-2 ...popup in foul territory that morneau takes in for the first out...Jody Gerut gets their first hit of the game, and the runner advances to third, Ellsbury takes FOREVER to get the ball out his glove, and he throws a rainbow to third, allowing Gerut to move to second...ugh...struck colon out on a very nice pitch speed mix for the second out...routine grounder to morneau to end the 5th

Marquez goes down swinging at an inside curve for the first out...Carl Crawford smacks a liner to the left side but Burke surprisingly makes a leaping grab for the second out...line drive single to left field for their second hit of the game...fastball popped to medium center which ellsbury takes down easily to end the 6th inning

RS - Cory Hart has his second double of the game, this time bringing home 2 men and putting us up 6-0!

very hard grounder on a 3-1 count right to morneau for the first out...popup in the middle of the infield which I take for the second out...two out double to right...grounder to kendrick for the third out of the 7th

hard grounder to burke who guns out kouzmanof for the first out...struck out the second man with some high heat out of the zone...burke can't quite get a slow grounder up the middle and Crawford finally gets on base with a two out single...Bauer waves at two fastballs in a row that were nowhere near the zone for the last out of the 8th

leadoff single to start the 9th as longoria can't quite get his glove on a grounder to his right...Hermedia swings ugly at a high fastball for the first out...two away from a shutout!...DP groundball to the left side but burke cant' get it and it's a single into left instead...Jody Gerut misses a fastball low and inside for my 11th strikeout of the game! That's a new career high!...two away...grounder up the middle, burke dives, and it bounces off his glove!...he gets up but the runners all reach safely, bases loaded with Kouzmanoff up and two away...1-2 count...single to left that scores two

I swear to god I'm going to stab burke in the neck

They pull me. We win 6-2

Line - 8.2 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 SO, my record improves to 7-4

sigh
Old 06-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #94
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

7/17 - We lose the second game 7-8 as a late comeback attempt falls just short.

7/18 - We take yet another series as we win the third and final game on a late rally, 6-3

7/20 - We travel to New York to play the slumping Yankees in a 3 game series. Game one belongs to us as we spank Kevin Correia 15-3

7/21 - We take our 5th series in a row as things are starting to look up, winning game two 4-2

-----------------

7/22 - I started this game against Ubaldo Jiminez. I was given 3 runs to work with right off the bat, but my control started falling apart and I just couldn't hack it against the Bronx Bombers today. I was pulled in the 6th inning and I should have been pulled earlier.

Line - 5 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, an my record dropped to 7-5

We lost 5-7

-----------------

7/23 - We head back to Boston after a 2 week road trip for a 34 game series against my former team the Twins. They take the first game in a pitchers duel, 3-2.

7/24 - They take the second game too, as our closer blows a save by giving up 3 runs in the top of the ninth. We get a couple back in the bottom half but it's not enough. 7-10 is the final

7/25 - We lose the third game as well, The Twins came to play. 4-6

7/26 - We are swept in a very depressing 4 game series. They light up David Price and take game 4 by a score of 4-13

-----------------

7/27 - I started todays game. The Yankees came to Boston for a 3 game series seeking revenge for the last time we met, and I was seeking redemption from my last terrible outting against them. I would go 5.2 innings before allowing a single run this time! I missed on a fastball to Ricky Weeks and he sent it sailing over the monster to tie the game up in the top of the 6th, but in the bottom of the inning we went back up by a run. I was pulled in the 7th inning after walking a man, and the pen held the 1 run lead all the way through!

Line - 6.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO, and my record improved to 8-5. This was a huge confidence booster for me.

We win the series openner, taking this game 3-2.

-----------------

7/28 - Beckett pitched a strong game and we took game two by a score of 7-3, we took another series from the Yanks!

7/29 - Jon Lester did not pitch well in this game, adn we lost 2-10 as the Yankees flew out later that night

7/30 - We travelled to Kansas City for a 4 game series against the last place Royals...in game one our bats were hot as we won 13-7.

7/31 - In game two, their bats were hot, beatting us 5-9

-----------------

8/1 - I started this game against Edwin Jackson, who was 5-13. This was another strong showing for me as my work with the pitching coach since the all-star break has started to really show. We didn't do much offensively, but thankfully we didn't need to. I once again pitched 5 scoreless innings and only gave up a solo shot in the bottom of the 6th. I finished out the inning and the bullpen took care of the rest.

Line - 6 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO, and my record improved to 9-5!

We took the game 2-1...very good game.

-----------------

8/2 - We win game four 4-2 and take the series!

8/3 - We travel to Baltimore for a 3 game series, and the O's are shut down by Jon Lester. We win game one 3-0

8/4 - On the fourth of July, near our nations capital, the hometown Orioles were unstoppable as we lost 6/10.

8/5 - The Orioles showed once again why they are a better team than us this year, knocking Price out early and winning 2-6.

-----------------

8/6 - We headed back home for a 3 game series against the LA Angels. I pitched the first game and it did *not* start out well for me. I allowed the bases to load up with no outs in the first, then a run came home, followed by a 3 run homer. We were down 4-0 before we even came to bat. I really settled down after that, but it just wasn't enough. We only scored 3 runs the entire game, and that 4 run fourth was the deciding factor in the game.

Line - 4.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO, my record drops to 9-6

We lost this game 3-4

-----------------

8/7 - We take game two against the Angels as Josh Beckett gets the W. 6-3

8/8 - The Angels take the series as our closer once again can't hold a lead in the 9th. We lose 9-10

8/10 - The Rangers come into town for a very tough 4 game series. They are in the thick of a playoff race, while we are doing everything we can to just play .500 ball. We take game one 4-3

8/11 - We take game two by the same score! David Price comes through in the clutch and gets the W.

-----------------

8/12 - I started this game against the Rangers, and a perfect word to use would be "frustrating". I pitch a very strong game, however on two straight plays in the 3rd, we commit errors that allow runs to score. First Longoria sails a 2 out grounder over Morneaus head, then on the very next play Burke does the same thing, except this time it goes into the stands. We also could not get any offense going whatsoever.

Line - 5 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, and my record drops to 9-7.

We lose 6-1

-----------------

8/13 - Josh Beckett gets outpitched by Derek Holland, and the Rangers split the series. We lose 2-5

8/14 - The homestand is over and we travel to Canada to face off against the Blue Jays in a 3 game series. Game one features Jon Lester pitching yet another gem (he has really come on late in the season) and we win 5-1

8/15 - Game two we rack up some runs, but our bullpen falters in the late innings, which unfortuantely is becoming a trend. We lose 8-11

8/16 - We take the third game and the series. David Price is impressive and we win 7-1

-----------------

8/17 - We travel to Cleveland for a 3 game series at Jacobs field. I started this game in the hopes of securing my 10th win of the season. I pitched an absolute gem of a game. The Sox gave me a run to work with before I even took the mound, and I didn't even need that. I worked all the way into the 8th inning before getting pulled, but unfortunately, as seems to be the case lately, our closer blows a save. Thankfully we win it in 11.

Line - 7.1 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 SO, but I get a no decision thanks to the pen.

We win 3-1

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #95
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My agent has just informed me that I have just passed the 6 years of MLB service threshold. I will be a free agent after this year!

During this last month the Red Sox placed just about every single above average player on the trade block, and I have been informed by the GM that although they are interested in keeping me with the club, they are now officially in "rebuilding mode" and will be trading away most of their talent for younger and cheaper players. I guess all of that free spending didn't quite pan out when they couldn't reach the WS.

So, that means with roughly a month and a half left in the season, it's time to start scoping out the other teams in the MLB. I would like to be a team that is a perenial playoff contender who isn't in purge mode. More than anything I want to be a major contributor on a team that takes home a World Series Trophy.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #96
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

8/18 - We lose the second game of the series to the Indians 6-7. Ryan Perry came out from the pen and blew another game, as his record drops to 0-4.

8/19 - We lose the series as Jon Lester gets lit up. 5-11

8/20 - We continue the road trip this time flying to Chicago for 3 games against the White Sox. They take game one, racking up some runs against our pitiful bullpen, and winning 4-5

8/21 - They take game two as well, 8-10. needless to say they blew up our bullpen this time for seven runs in the last 3 innings...and David Price leaves with a 8-2 lead only to get a no decision. Truly amazing

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #97
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting the last of a 3 game series in Chicago. The White Sox are 69-57 and in first place in the AL Central. On the bump for them is Yovani Gallardo who is 7-10 with a 3.79 ERA. Hopefully we can put some runs up on the board and the bullpen can avoid giving up a half dozen runs in this game.

The White Sox lead the league in stolen bases, so hopefully Geovany Soto is going to be riding the bench. Otherwise we're going to see a lot of balls in center field. We do *not* stack up well at all against this team. All of our weaknesses match up perfectly with their strengths, and I get the feeling this may be a long game.

Unfortunately Soto is in the lineup and behind the plate. Other than that, we have our best defensive lineup in the field today. Kendrick is starting at shortstop while Abdul is back in the field in Left.

Hanley Ramirez leads off, and he's batting .291 with 27 jacks and 85 RBI. Some leadoff man! He goes down though, waving at a low fastball that he can't catch up to...single to right...David Wright comes up and hits it to left where abdul comes down with it about 20 feet in front of the track...Quentin laces a very hard hit line drive down the left field line bounces just inside the line and hits the wall on one hop. Abdul plays it beautifully though and it's only a single that advances the runner to third...two away...single up the middle scores a run as this lineup is absolutey stacked with guys hitting over .300 with 15+ bombs...I strike Couture out with 3 straight fastballs to end the inning. we're down 0-1

liner just to Kendricks right side but he elects to not even try to get it...???...single to left...struck out their #8 batter swinging with a mean slider for the first out...I'm finding myself trying to pick off their base runners several times during every at bat, which is taking forever but holding them...hard double play grounder to Kendrick who gets a bad hop and it hits off of his shoulder into left-center field!...runners on the corners again with one out...Hanley Ramirez comes to the plate...double play grounder to Kendrick who, yes here it comes, sails a ball over morneaus head and nearly into the dugout...that scores a run...here we go again...fly ball to Abdul in left and both runners try to advance, but Abdul guns the man down trying to get from second to third before the other runner can score! That ends the inning...but we're down 0-2

David Wright pumps a curveball that I tried to but low and inside but wound up away and down the pipe over the right field wall for a solo homerun to lead off the 3rd inning....Carlos Quentin follows that with a solo shot of his own as my confidence is completely shattered...I can't trust my teammates and I can't trust my control, so I might as well just get pulled here in the 3rd...longoria takes in a grounder for the first out...liner to left that Adbul takes an absolutely rediculous diving attempt at, which he misses by a good 15 feet, allowing the ball to roll to the wall and resulting in a triple for the batter...no error was given on the play...easy grounder to Kendrick which he one hops to Morneau for the second out, scoring another run...liner to right field which Hart takes in, we're down 0-5. This is like playing with little league kids in the field...

Oliveros goes down looking at some inside heat on the black to start out the 4th...Hanley Ramirez looks at 7 straight pitches as I walk him...grounder to the left side which Longoria, naturally, can't come up with...sigh...high chopper to Kendrick who guns down David Wright for the second out...

I get pulled after that

We are no hit through 6 innings, but then we score 4 runs to bring the game to within 1 in the top of the 7th. Our bullpen then allows 6 more runs over the next two innings as we lose 5-11. I feel like I'm back on the Pirates.

Line - 3.2 IP, 9 H, 5 ER (they don't count any of the runs scored via error as an unearned run????), 1 BB, 4 SO...my record drops to 9-8
Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #98
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

It's becomming disgustingly apparent that the only teams we are capable of beating are the truly terrible teams of the league. Whenever we try to match up against even mediocre teams we either can't mount any kind of offense, or our bullpen gives up 7 runs.

8/23 - We head back home, thank goodness, and play the Tigers who are slumping in a 4 game series. Becktt pitches a gem but we can't get any run support for him, but we eventually win 2-1 as Morneau and Soto each knock in a run in the bottom of the 9th.

8/24 - We win late again, scoring a run in the bottom of the 13th to take the second game.

8/25 - We win our third in a row 7-5, Buchholz improves to 9-10.

8/26 - We sweep the slumping Tigers as we score several runs late to win it 6-3. David Price again pitches a great game but can't seem to get hsi 10th win.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-27-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #99
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm starting tonights game against the Devil Rays. The Rays are in town for a 3 game series at Fenway. They are 43-89 and have the worst record in the bigs. On the hill for them is Andy Sonnanstine who is 4-13 with a 5.81 ERA.

Longoria has been given the day off at third and Burke is starting in his place (oh no)...Kendrick is at SS. Esparza is starting in place of Abdul in Left, while Rios is hitting in the DH spot. Soto is behind the plate

grounder to burke at third on the first pitch...deep breath...and he throws a high but catchable ball to Morneau for one...their catcher is Val Bauer who is hitting .312 with 22 HR...I need to watch out for this guy... he hits a one hopper to my left which I reach out and grab for the second out...Osuna strikes out swinging at a low slider to end the first

easy fly to Hart in right for the first out...another easy fly this time to Esparza in left for out #2...low inside sinker takes Harden down swinging for the third out...

RS - Rios has an RBI double int he bottom of the 2nd to put us on the board! 1-0 lead

Colon goes down whiffing at a high-inside fastball. That's my 100th strikeout of the year!...slow grounder down the line that burke, oh no, he barehands it and I can't bare to watch, he sails it over Morneaus head and the runner takes second...big surprise...I sit down Marquez with some high well placed heat for the second out...easy groundout to Kinsler to end the inning

RS - Rios brings home another two runners on a 2 RBI single, and Corey Hart then brings him in with a triple! We're up 4-0

groundout to Kinsler for the first out...single up the middle past kinsler and that's their first hit of the game...I strike the next man out swinging with a very ncie slider low and inside...I get their last man looking at an outside changeup on the black after 7 straight foul balls to end the inning

RS - Ian Kinsler gets in on the action with a RBI triple to put us up 5-0 after 4 innings!

grounder to Kinslers right that goes right under his glove and it counts as a single...Colon goes down swinging for the second time tonight, this time at some high inside heat...grounder up the middle that goes under kendrick's glove (that's twice this inning) for a single, and the runner advances to third...liner right to Kendrick who reaches out and takes it in, almost making up for the failed DP...high fly to left that Esparza takes in for the third and final out

Bauer pops it straight up and Soto brings it down for the first out...Osuna with a little flare into right for a one out single...damn, Hermida pulls a hanging curve into right field and over the short porch for a 2 run shot...groundout to burke (whew) for #2...Harden whiffs at a nice curve to end the top of the 6th...we're up 5-2

RS - Kendrick extends the lead to 4 runs with a two out single that scores Ellsbury...we're up 6-2

Hart makes a pitiful dive attempt at a short liner that rolls to the wall. The runner takes second to leadoff :-\...line drive single to left center into the gap scores another run...I imagine that will be it for me...and it is. I'm pulled for Jolbert Video who is 5-5 with a 3.43 ERA. Hopefully he can finish out strong...

Video allows 4 runs...and Gomes allows 4 more in the top of the 9th. We lose 7-10. I would argue that we have the worst Bullpen in the majors right now.

Line - 6 IP, Vidro gives up the inherited run so I have 4 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO, no decision yet again.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #100
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

8/28 - we loes the second game of the series as we can't get any offense going. 1-6

8/29 - We take the third game as Jon Lester is able to hold them to 1 run. 2-1

8/31 - The Mariners are in town for a 3 game series and are tied for the best record in the AL at 79-56. Not surprisingly we lose the first game 1-5