Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, something doesn't sound right in his settings. This is the first version I've used the average setting for the first time ever this year and it's pretty damn fair.

This version is just about perfect in every aspect, imho. Easily my favorite text sim.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #52
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
I think the general problem with a trade like this going through is not so much the rediculous nature of it. To me makes your future trades, which on the surface appear to be well balanced, questionable. You'll always have the "am I getting one over the computer" in situations where it's not as clear cut.

With that said, computer AI is never going to be perfect (At least not in our lifetime) so maybe you just have to agree not to do crazy trades and accept everything else blindly.

what the fuck is this guy doing back?
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

This version of the game is really good. Online leagues are where it's really at, but I have also played some fun solo leagues as well. My one feature regarding trading that I mentioned on the OOTP boards that got a decent amount of support revolved around a system like the NBA2k series. Rather than shopping for 1 for 1 deals, the AI would put together packages. I realize there are a ton of players involved here, but I'd be willing to wait for a screen like this to load.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #54
cody8200
High School Varsity

You mean on the shop a player screen? Packaged deals have been increased tremendously in this year's version (when the computer offers deals intermittently). There was a tremendous amount of research done to figure out what types of trades real teams offer and why. In other words, teams shouldn't trade a 1b prospect for a 1b prospect. Now they will trade one for a 3rd base prospect when there is a need. I have been getting back into the solo play again recently and am seeing this. Pretty neat.

The shop a player screen still needs some work in my opinion. I like the idea of packages.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, Have been doing a league which is a replay league with real transactions that started in 1901 and am working my way through to the present. Basically I sim the season and watch the World Series (my inner baseball geek coming out).

Have been tracking to see how far off some of the seasons are from real life, not for anything really but to see what has changes in my sim. Just finished the 1930 season, WS will be the Cardinals versus the Yankees (in real liife it was the A's instead of the Yankees).

Looked at the stats and all I can say is HOLY SH*T...

F*** the 1927 Yankeees...

Some numbers that this team put up in my sim:

Babe Ruth - .427 Avg; 60 HR's; 182 RBI's; 198 Runs Scored; 243 Hits; 134 Walks

Lou Gehrig - .404 Avg; 78 HR's; 247 RBI's; 192 Runs Scored; 243 Hits; 122 Walks

Earle Combs - .339 Avg; 5 HR's; 70 RBI's; 131 Runs Scored; 201 Hits; 96 Walks; 26 Triples

Tony Lazzeri - .283 Avg; 12 HR's; 101 RBI's; 103 Runs Scored; 160 Hits; 86 Walks; 25 Stolen Bases

In 154 Games The team hit 202 HR's; Had a team average of .308; Scored 1137 runs (an average of over 7.3 runs per game); Walked 737 times; Had a team on base percentage of .389 and a team slugging percentage of .502
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote