Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #51
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

By not being ready earlier in the year, we've lost at least that much in interest and a 10% bump in the Houston housing market. It sucks to watch that money fly away but we're just not going to buy if we're not ready. We should be close by the end of this week after finishing up some other items on the todo list but the Russia trip got in the way and we couldn't have anyways as I was still a contractor with an unsteady job situation.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #52
digamma
Torchbearer

Bernanke is a lame duck at this point, likely gone in January. I don't think he wants to leave behind a mortgage rate that has jumped significantly in his last 7 months on the job. I think he realizes he effed up last week. It will be interesting to see how he tries to scramble out of it.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #53
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

That rate is still better than what we had for our first mortgage back in 2001. We went through a tremendous amount of maneuvering to get into this house back then. While we have a great mortgage rate now, the value of the house is well under where we started at. The rate you get now may not be as great as you wanted, but the value will be (presumably) starting at a point that will really help you build equity in the future.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #54
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Doing some reading as we're knee deep in a house hunt right now and this message along with the timing just made me laugh heartily.

Seriously, tho, a lot of these pre-2008 threads are both scary and interesting in how the market has changed since then.

SI

Yeah I just refi'd in February into a 3.5% 30 down from the 5.8 we had 5 years earlier

Last edited by Galaril : 06-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote