Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Hey, if Jesse "the body" Ventura says HAARP is a weapon created by the US Gov't then who the hell am I to go question it's existence?!

Jesse, the friggin' body, Ventura, PEOPLE!

No, no, you forgot. He's Jesse "the Mind" now.

Oh, Minnesota...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
wade moore
lolzcat

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

And the paths continue to move more and more to what Trash-Talkin' Weatherman was saying 5 days ago or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #53
BishopMVP
Coordinator

WELCOME TO 5 DAYS AGO is the new Welcome to Hollywood.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 AM   #54
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sportsdigs had Welcome to five days ago last week.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #55
wade moore
lolzcat

And Sandy's path from the NWS just keeps a movin' further and further west.

Seems pretty likely that VA is going to at least get a lot of wind and rain.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #56
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm headed to Florida next Friday, should be past there by then I hope.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #57
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quick hit-and-run:

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #58
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I am working on the 1st GUESS maps now and will issue them latee this later. BUT in eastern half of VA all of central and eastern MD all of DEL and southern half of NJ .... You need to prepare for conditions that may approach what you saw with Isabel. There will be many areas which will see significant power lost an interruption. Many schools will be closed. There will be significant flooding throughout the day and Hampton roads as well as on the lower Maryland Eastern shore and lower Virginia eastern shore. (if you are a grown adult and you cannot tell the difference between the eastern half of Virginia and whether or not your particular location is in the eastern half of Virginia .... or the eastern and central portions of Maryland.... Please do was all a favor and do not vote on November 6... or Reproduce any human ofF spring for that matter).

Since the system (in my opinion) is NOT going to swing that far out into the ocean ....the rains will move into Southeast Virginia and northeastern North Carolina Sunday morning. This means that the rains will get worse during the day and this is significantly faster than what I thought earlier in the week. So change your plans accordingly. The raisn will reach central VA by sunday afternoon..or sooner

The main event however will be Monday October 29. The driving heavy never ending rains will last into the morning of the 30th on Tuesday over all of Virginia Maryland and Delaware as well as Southern New Jersey.

One last point the snow threat for the entire eastern half of West Virginia into southwestern Virginia Mts and the mountains along the western side of the Shenandoah Valley is still there and still significant. Those areas will see heavy near record setting if not record setting snowfall from this event.

The bit about people that don't know where they live is hilarious.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 10-26-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #59
wade moore
lolzcat

In all seriousness though.

If this ends up Isabel level for us that's not good. For those that don't know, Isabel was a VERY VERY bad deal in the Hampton Roads area.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Isabel sucked a fat cock. Almost a week with no power. Hopefully they manage to close the tunnel in time.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #61
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Isabel sucked a fat cock. Almost a week with no power. Hopefully they manage to close the tunnel in time.

Hah - forgot you were down here then.

Yeah, a jammed floodgate in a tunnel that is basically the one route in and out of a city isn't so good.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #62
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Last year Irene was supposed to be the killer storm here. Actually took the family inland for that one and returned to find no problems from it.

Then we had that freak storm at the end of June which tore the hell out of the area (much worse than Irene) and had us without power for a week.

Now this freakish storm. Last year (for Irene) we lived in a development. This year we live in a rural area with plenty of trees and a river not far away across the street.

It may be over-reacting but I think I may board up tomorrow and send the family to PA somewhere.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The building across the street was connected to the grid via our building only. They went something like another week without power more than us. My wife was about 7-8 months pregnant at the time. It was miserable.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #64
Kodos
Resident Alien

We had our in-laws visiting for the week plus that Irene knocked out our power.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #65
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Last year Irene was supposed to be the killer storm here. Actually took the family inland for that one and returned to find no problems from it.

Then we had that freak storm at the end of June which tore the hell out of the area (much worse than Irene) and had us without power for a week.

Now this freakish storm. Last year (for Irene) we lived in a development. This year we live in a rural area with plenty of trees and a river not far away across the street.

It may be over-reacting but I think I may board up tomorrow and send the family to PA somewhere.

Remember the thing about weather, especially churning storms like hurricanes and snowstorms: where you live can make a huge difference. 15 mile gaps can have 2-5x precipitation gradients so someone's 2" of heavy rain is their neighbor's 10" flood

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #66
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

During Irene the drainage ditch next to our church went from a trickle to so full it flooded the church up to 4 or 5 feet. If you're in a hilly are in particular the water rise can be extreme.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #67
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
In all seriousness though.

If this ends up Isabel level for us that's not good. For those that don't know, Isabel was a VERY VERY bad deal in the Hampton Roads area.

Freaking Isabel. That name still strikes fear in my heart to this day.

I have bought up all the peanut butter in Williamsburg, just in case.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #68
Leroy Veritas
Banned

Washington, D.C. will not escape Hurricane Sandy: latest storm scenarios - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

Looks like it's just a matter of where this is going to be a mess and not if.
Leroy Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
Thomkal
Head Coach

Under a tropical storm warning here in Myrtle Beach-expected to start raining overnight and all day tomorrow with 20-40 mph winds. Hope everybody else in Sandy's path stays safe.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #70
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
Freaking Isabel. That name still strikes fear in my heart to this day.

I have bought up all the peanut butter in Williamsburg, just in case.

hahaha.

I'm hoping I have enough here, no way I'm venturing to a Williamsburg grocery store this weekend unless it's at like 6:00 AM.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Everybody here in North Phily is really getting ready.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #72
General Mike
Pro Starter

No water anywhere
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #73
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Did the food shopping tonight (the emergency food shopping that is). Surprised that I found water. Tomorrow will be bringing everything in from outside and into the shed. Thinking about boarding up the windows, mostly to protect from any flying branches or debris. Bad feeling about this but on the bright side, if we are without power for a while I will be ready this time (not like that June storm that caught everyone off guard). It also won't be 98 degrees for the next week so we won't be entirely miserable.

Stay safe all.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #74
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Irene flooded my basement with 3 feet of water. Hoping that doesn't happen again. Stay safe everyone.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #75
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
No water anywhere

try your faucets
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Really concerned about our flight home... Plane is due to land in Philly at 6 in the morning Monday. Wonder if conditions will be bad by then.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #77
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Really concerned about our flight home... Plane is due to land in Philly at 6 in the morning Monday. Wonder if conditions will be bad by then.

most models say you should be fine, even so you could likely get in Newark, Allentown, JFK, etc... and be a car ride away.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #78
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm supposed to be in Richmond Monday night. I just don't see that happening. More likely to be New York, although that's probably a stretch.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #79
PilotMan
Head Coach

dola

and Greensboro on Tuesday morning after a trip to NY. Yeah, I don't see either of those days going according to plan.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #80
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

In case people don't realize it, this storm is freaking ENORMOUS. The center is roughly 400 miles SSE of me, and we're getting rain and 20ish mph winds from it at my house right now. I'd think anywhere within 100 miles of landfall is going to feel strong effects from this sucker. Y'all be safe up there, and let's hope its strength diminishes before it hits land.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #81
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

If I have to come up with a costume this year I think I'll just put on a windbreaker & a Weather Channel cap.

When you see Jim Cantore, be afraid.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #82
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
try your faucets

That;s fine til the treatment facility is under water.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #83
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
In case people don't realize it, this storm is freaking ENORMOUS. The center is roughly 400 miles SSE of me, and we're getting rain and 20ish mph winds from it at my house right now. I'd think anywhere within 100 miles of landfall is going to feel strong effects from this sucker. Y'all be safe up there, and let's hope its strength diminishes before it hits land.

Yup. At this point I think his is our biggest worry. As it runs along the coast and possibly hits land in the Delaware area, we get the backlash on the West and SW corner. Won't be as bad as a direct hit, but still not fun.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #84
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Decided not to roll the dice. Sending the wife and kids and an impromptu trip far enough away that they will be fine getting there and back.

I may head in their direction tomorrow, not sure yet but as least I won't have to worry about them.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #85
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They are projecting us to potentially lose power all the way over on the PA/Ohio Border. Hopefully this is just a cautionary tale, I don't have time for this shit.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #86
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
That;s fine til the treatment facility is under water.
Fill up whatever you have. Fill up the bathtub, spare sinks, bowls, pitchers, plastic bottles. Might come in handy.

Good luck to all out there ... this looks like it's going to be nasty. Hoping it somehow lessens over the next few days.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #87
General Mike
Pro Starter

Mandatory evacuations for all NJ barrier islands from Sandy Hook to Cape May.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #88
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Looking at hours and hours of tropical storm winds here. I'm on top of a hill, so I don't worry about flooding, but downed trees and loss of power seem inevitable. Hopefully nothing hits the house.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #89
Leroy Veritas
Banned

Hurricane Sandy: Frequently Asked Questions - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

Anyone in the DC/Nova region should read this and prepare accordingly. God bless to those of you in the NJ/DE/NY range of this storm, they're telling us to prepare for 3-7 days without power so I can't imagine how bad it will be for you.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #90
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess I will fill up some water jugs just in case I need that in order to flush toilets.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #91
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I find it damn near impossible to filter out all the hype and bullshit meant to sell "news" and get a non-biased report on what I can expect in MA. It's frustrating. Anyone have a good source?

I'm supposed to be driving up to Burlington, VT Monday, wondering if I should just say no to that.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-27-2012 at 06:12 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #92
Ironhead
College Prospect

Well, at least I had the week off for vacation anyway. There is a mandatory evacuation of the area just east of me.

Last edited by Ironhead : 10-27-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #93
Dutch
"Dutch"

good luck up there...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #94
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I find it damn near impossible to filter out all the hype and bullshit meant to sell "news" and get a non-biased report on what I can expect in MA. It's frustrating. Anyone have a good source?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not very worried about it.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/mema/

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #95
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Neither am I, but I wasn't worried about Isabel either.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #96
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not very worried about it.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/mema/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Neither am I, but I wasn't worried about Isabel either.

The hurricane last year followed by that October heavy wet snow of near a foot killed nearly all of the huge trees in my yard. Even if this storm doesn't hit me directly, if there is strong enough winds, it will take down all kinds of trees in the area and that will mean quite a bit of power loss.

I'm probably far closer to where this storm is hitting though than you guys closer to Boston. Right now, it looks like this storm is going to completely level my corporate office though in Long Island. I was there last week and supposed to be there again this week, but decided no way, and left to go home.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #97
Leroy Veritas
Banned

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/c...1.1830.2km.jpg

Enormous isn't the word for this thing.

Last edited by Leroy Veritas : 10-27-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
most models say you should be fine, even so you could likely get in Newark, Allentown, JFK, etc... and be a car ride away.

Maybe... But with my fiancé and a four year old girl, I am not taking chances. We moved our flight up and will leave SF at 6 am tomorrow and be back in Philly by 2:30.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #99
Leroy Veritas
Banned

Sandy is now the largest Atlantic hurricane on record as measured by diameter of gale force winds (1040 mi.).
Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #100
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What changed?

Earlier (few hours ago) saw the following from the weather notifications for my area:
Coastal Flood warnings from 6 PM Sunday until 6 AM Tuesday
Flood watch from 8 PM Sunday until 8 PM Tuesday
High Wind Warning from 8 AM Monday until 8 PM Tuesday

Now the coastal has changed to 4 PM Sunday until 12 AM Tuesday
The flood watch stayed the same
The high wind warning is now 8 AM Monday until 9 AM Tuesday

Did the path change or did it speed up?

Like that 11 hours got cut off the high wind warning, would like to see another 11 hours cut off that time. There are some trees here that worry me (with the combination of torrential rain and high winds). Any reduction in that combination is a good thing.