Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #51
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
True, I probably still wouldn't be interested in podcasts even if I switched 100% ot MP3, but I'd like to have an MP3 player that I can put my entire music collection on. It's just that MP3 players tend to be going away from large hard drives, which I want, and the in-car sound quality is not up to par. If I could alleviate those issues, I'd probably make the jump.

How big do you want? It wouldn't be the most idealistic of situations, but you could get a Cowon player, which plays FLAC files, and put your music on SD cards that you can interchange whenever you want. Or you could get an Archos 5, which has a 250GB HD and plays just about anything (though it's a little funky, lot of proprietary nonsense...the player itself is great).

I play a lot of FLAC stuff, but I also use Trader's Little Helper to encode them into high-level MP3s. The difference in quality is negligible.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #52
Comey
College Starter

I finally have been turned onto The Nerdist. I think the wit consistently displayed is the best I've heard in a show. Chris Hardwick (Web Soup, Singled Out in the 90s) is downright fantastic, as are Jonah and Matt. And the guest list, for my tastes, are top-notch. I totally recommend the live podcasts (John Oliver, Zach Galiniafakis) to take them out for a test drive...they're simply fantastic.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #53
mckerney
Coordinator

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks

Former Ed costars Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh get together to eat snacks and talk about eating snacks.

Last edited by mckerney : 04-20-2011 at 03:19 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #54
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks

Former Ed costars Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh get together to eat snacks and talk about eating snacks.

Too bad they stole the idea from http://www.bigoanddukes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #55
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Week with Larry Miller is pretty awesome.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote