Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

I'm watching the Panthers, only b/c I am sick and just laying around anyway. Clausen with a pick 6 and he's been booed twice in the first 5 minutes. GO PANTHERS.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
Thomkal
Head Coach

watching the Panthers is only going to make you feel sicker Radii as we both know sadly. I hope you feel better soon though-don't push yourself to do the FBCB file tomorrow if you are not feeling better
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #53
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'd have to say I am impressed by Cam Newton so far.. He moves really well in the pocket and has been accurate and made decent decisions. He hasn't completed a high percentage, but the blocking hasn't been great. His only bad throw so far has been that miss to Edwards that just happened. When he talks, he sounds kind of retarded, but on the field he seems to be legit so far.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #54
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I'd have to say I am impressed by Cam Newton so far.. He moves really well in the pocket and has been accurate and made decent decisions. He hasn't completed a high percentage, but the blocking hasn't been great. His only bad throw so far has been that miss to Edwards that just happened. When he talks, he sounds kind of retarded, but on the field he seems to be legit so far.

Completely agree. I'm pleasantly surprised so far. When the pocket has collapsed he's handled it pretty well, he's thrown into some very very tight spaces a couple times but that's really my biggest complaint, not bad at all.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #55
bhlloy
Coordinator

So am I the only one not outraged by the fine given to Suh? I think he's an awesome player but really, trying to twist a QB's head from his body is going to be a big fine in today's NFL and it could have been really dangerous.

Now the Cutler fine last year was completely ridiculous and unjustified. But this one, not so much IMO.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #56
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So am I the only one not outraged by the fine given to Suh? I think he's an awesome player but really, trying to twist a QB's head from his body is going to be a big fine in today's NFL and it could have been really dangerous.

Now the Cutler fine last year was completely ridiculous and unjustified. But this one, not so much IMO.

Agreed. I look at that play against Dalton and I can't understand why he's upset. The play had been over for five seconds.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #57
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Two things coming out from a GQ article with Michael Vick-

He was the victim when the whole dogfighting ring was exposed.
Vick on dogfighting in GQ: ‘People act like it’s some crazy thing they never heard of…’ - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

...and he wanted to play somewhere like Cincinnati or Buffalo, where he could have possibly started immediately, rather than Philadelphia. Alleged that Roger Goodell pushed him towards Philadelphia.
Vick stands by decision to come to Eagles - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #58
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

Vick on dogfighting in GQ: ‘People act like it’s some crazy thing they never heard of…’ - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Not surprising at all. I never thought Vick was reformed or he felt bad about what he did, he was only sorry he got caught. He was smart enough, probably with help from the NFL, to hire the right people to make him marketable again.

Dynamic talent on the field, but a guy I will never root for to succeed.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #59
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

...and he wanted to play somewhere like Cincinnati or Buffalo, where he could have possibly started immediately, rather than Philadelphia. Alleged that Roger Goodell pushed him towards Philadelphia.
Vick stands by decision to come to Eagles - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I've been fighting about the second issue on another board...I'm pointing to bad journalism. The interviewer put his own words about Goodell and others influencing his decision in front of a quote by Vick saying "they put me in the right situation." I highly doubt that in a whole interview with Vick, he never directly said something like "Goodell thought it was a better idea for me to go to Philly" if that was truly the case.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pryor in the supplemental draft, BUT he's suspended for games 1-5 this year. That will show him.

Probably worth a 4th rounder for a team like Buffalo, although he probably won't touch the field this year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #61
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

He won't do it, but it would help his development to go to Canada and play for a year.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #62
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm not so sure about that. The CFL is already 1/3 of the way through the season up here. By the time he got up to speed on the rule differences and style of play/playbook it'd likely be too late in the season for him to get on the field unless he was on a team where the starting QB got hurt or a team was already eliminated from the playoff picture.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not surprising at all. I never thought Vick was reformed or he felt bad about what he did, he was only sorry he got caught. He was smart enough, probably with help from the NFL, to hire the right people to make him marketable again.

Dynamic talent on the field, but a guy I will never root for to succeed.

Yep. Dirtbag of a human being.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #64
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know it is preseason, but Pats are looking wicked awesome.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Catching up on the game on my DVR...TB-OCHO...TD!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Total Yds (4:35 left in 1st)

Pats: 110
Bucs: 9
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #67
bhlloy
Coordinator

Dream team defense not looking so dreamy so far
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #68
Groundhog
Coordinator

vick looking good in preseason
Old 08-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #69
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Probably worth a 4th rounder for a team like Buffalo, although he probably won't touch the field this year.

Don't want him....I would rather keep it where we are at. To me, he isn't worth a 7th...
Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #70
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I'm not so sure about that. The CFL is already 1/3 of the way through the season up here. By the time he got up to speed on the rule differences and style of play/playbook it'd likely be too late in the season for him to get on the field unless he was on a team where the starting QB got hurt or a team was already eliminated from the playoff picture.

Yeah, it's probably too late for that. I just think he needs to play rather than sit on a bench. If he could have gotten to an NFL team early enough to have a training camp that would have helped. He's just nowhere near ready to start in the NFL IMO.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #71
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
vick looking good in preseason

Worst play of the preseason so far was the Polamalu interception.
I am sure Tomlin and Reid loved seeing Polamalu try returning an INT in a preseason game, only to have his knees taken out....by Vick, diving head first for the tackle.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #72
spleen1015
Coordinator

All of this Philadelphia 'Dream Team' bull shit is getting on my nerves.

You have the jackass Vince Young referencing them as the Dream Team and now no one can leave it alone.

The Eagles players, coaches, etc have said several times they don't look at it that way.

Get off it already. Fuck.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #73
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

More like a "Cream" Team. That's kinda what all Eagles fans did with each signing...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #74
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Going to the Browns/Lions game tonight. Hoping that MDonkey Kong hurts someone.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #75
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Going to the Browns/Lions game tonight. Hoping that MDonkey Kong hurts someone.

Colts/Redskins for me tonight. I am looking forward to the showdown between All Pro QBs John Beck and Curtis Painter. Should be a shootout!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #76
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
All of this Philadelphia 'Dream Team' bull shit is getting on my nerves.

You have the jackass Vince Young referencing them as the Dream Team and now no one can leave it alone.

The Eagles players, coaches, etc have said several times they don't look at it that way.

Get off it already. Fuck.

Somebody should show him a pick of the Heat losing the NBA finals.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #77
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So Jonathan Baldwin may be out 6-8 weeks after fracturing his wrist in a locker room brawl with Thomas Jones. Awesome of Baldwin to dispel all the pre draft concerns surrounding him.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #78
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I know I am taking too much from this because the preseason doesn't really matter and the Panthers will likely be a bad team, but I dreading watching the Dolphins slightly less than I was an hour and a half ago.

Reggie Bush had some nice moments, even going up the middle and breaking some tackles. Chad Henne has not made me cringe.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #79
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Watching the Redskins game, wanted to see how John Beck did...14/17 for 140 yds and they scored on all 4 series he was....TD,FG,FG,FG

Not a Redskins fan, just interested in this QB drama in DC.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #80
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Total Yds (4:35 left in 1st)

Pats: 110
Bucs: 9

I was supposed to be at that game (with probably 40K ex-Pats) but was holed up in Baltimore with bad weather until 3AM this morning...glad I missed it.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #81
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Watching the Redskins game, wanted to see how John Beck did...14/17 for 140 yds and they scored on all 4 series he was....TD,FG,FG,FG

Not a Redskins fan, just interested in this QB drama in DC.

Beck was kinda of meh. He didn't throw any passes down the field. He got good YAC because the Colts couldn't tackle for shit. Helu looked really good tonight.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #82
Izulde
Head Coach

Well that's irritating. I've been waiting weeks for the Dolphins training camp postcard on SI's website. It finally goes up... and it's about LAST YEAR'S team.

So annoying.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #83
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Love Chad. Still amazed how many people don't like the guy.

Quote:
Ochocinco offers to reimburse Foster if he’s fined
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2011, 8:18 AM EDT
Jacksonville Jaguars v New England Patriots Getty Images

In the first quarter of Thursday night’s preseason game, Buccaneers linebacker Mason Foster leveled Patriots receiver Chad Ochocinco with a shot to the head. Foster was called for unnecessary roughness and will likely be fined.

But Ochocinco doesn’t think any fine should come. And he feels so strongly about it that he’s offering to pay the fine himself.

In a message on Twitter directed to Foster, Ochocinco wrote, “great hit last night,if u’re fined I’ll reimburse u boss.That’s the way the game should b played.”

Foster replied, “thanks Bruh I appreciate it, good luck to you too.”

I don’t know if Ochocinco’s offer was serious, and I don’t think the NFL would allow such a reimbursement, but it’s a nice gesture from Ochocinco, who doesn’t want the Bucs’ rookie linebacker to lose money on his first paycheck.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #84
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

I am a big fan of Chad and he will figure out a way to pay it if he is fined...be it, he tosses the guy the cash under the table.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #85
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

Give it time...give it time. When he starts dropping easy passes you'll start thinking about it. When he becomes a distraction through the season you'll start thinking about it. He will be the biggest test of the New England system.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #86
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Is Todd Haley ready to put on a skirt now?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #87
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Give it time...give it time. When he starts dropping easy passes you'll start thinking about it. When he becomes a distraction through the season you'll start thinking about it. He will be the biggest test of the New England system.

Bigger than Haynesworth, or even Moss since you didn't say this year?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #88
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's such a pain going out to the stadium. Sat in traffic for probably 50 minutes to go 4 miles in Cleveland. Then the concessions are so expensive. Experience of sitting home sprawled out on my couch is so much better than sitting 2 inches away from a stranger. I'd basically want an first row aisle seat or it's just not worth leaving the house.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #89
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
It's such a pain going out to the stadium. Sat in traffic for probably 50 minutes to go 4 miles in Cleveland. Then the concessions are so expensive. Experience of sitting home sprawled out on my couch is so much better than sitting 2 inches away from a stranger. I'd basically want an first row aisle seat or it's just not worth leaving the house.

Yeah, but you got to see another thrilling chapter of The Great Lakes Claasic live!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #90
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

I think expectations are clearly in check, and everyone would be happy with one so-so honeymoon period season, and it's no big deal if we didn't even get that. I mean, it's not like he's going to be distracting the team by demanding trades all the time, isn't that really his biggest sin of the past? (and if he started that kind of whining, he'd be unloaded immediately ala Moss last year)
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #91
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yeah, but you got to see another thrilling chapter of The Great Lakes Claasic live!

(bad joke alert)

Ok HOMES.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #92
DeToxRox
Head Coach

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cardinals are set to sign Larry Fitzgerald to an eight-year, $120 million contract extension that includes close to $50 million guaranteed.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #93
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cardinals are set to sign Larry Fitzgerald to an eight-year, $120 million contract extension that includes close to $50 million guaranteed.

And there was much rejoicing! well by me at least. I had heard they were getting closer and Fitz has a Sept 1 deadline. I thought given who the owners are there, they might screw this up somehow and they would be forced to trade him during the season or just let him hit free agency, but thankfully saner heads prevailed. Now if my beloved Cards had a real #2 WR for Kolb to throw to as well instead of Chansi Stuckey and a bunch of young guys who haven't proven yet they can do the job...
Old 08-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #94
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

8yrs 120mil for a WR??

Yikes.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #95
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
8yrs 120mil for a WR??

Yikes.

Averaging fifteen million dollars a year annually, I agree. The guys good, I'm just not sure he's that good.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #96
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So can we discuss how Brady Quinn is showing something of a pulse and most likely will supplant Tebow as the #2 in Denver?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #97
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
So can we discuss how Brady Quinn is showing something of a pulse and most likely will supplant Tebow as the #2 in Denver?

Does he have a future in Denver at the QB position? If Orton has a good year, it'll be tough to let him walk as a free agent. Has anyone inside the Broncos' organization discussed moving Tebow to another position?

Last edited by BillJasper : 08-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #98
Thomkal
Head Coach

And of course now that the Cards have traded Hightower to Washington, rookie RB Ryan Williams ruptures a tendon and is out for the season, leaving the oft-injured Beanie Wells as the starter. Just great.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #99
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Another observation from the game last night. After a team scores, you easily have 7 or so minutes to use the restroom, refill on nachos or whatever. The kickoff play is totally dead. They may as well kill it off.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And of course now that the Cards have traded Hightower to Washington, rookie RB Ryan Williams ruptures a tendon and is out for the season, leaving the oft-injured Beanie Wells as the starter. Just great.

Oof.