Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #51
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I was watching this for the first six episodes or so, but then stopped.

Have they revealed a.) what/who caused all the explosions, and b.) what's up with the black ex-cop guy?

Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #52
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I was watching this for the first six episodes or so, but then stopped.

Have they revealed a.) what/who caused all the explosions, and b.) what's up with the black ex-cop guy?

They've given more information, but not hard and fast answers.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #53
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler

btw, this is groundbreaking use of the spoiler tag

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #54
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
They've given more information, but not hard and fast answers.
Wonderful.

But the big question, of course, is did the high school loser kid get to mack on the popular girl? And what about Peyton Manning's wife, does she know he's cheating on her?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #55
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Wonderful.

But the big question, of course, is did the high school loser kid get to mack on the popular girl? And what about Peyton Manning's wife, does she know he's cheating on her?

The loser hasn't tapped it yet, but it's looking good since he inherited the grocery store after the old lady bit the big one. The wife knows and Peyton moved out but the wife is pregnant and still living with Archie.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #56
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
btw, this is groundbreaking use of the spoiler tag

assuredly.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000

Last edited by lordscarlet : 03-23-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: forgot to close the spoiler tag
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #57
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'm up through episode 11 now, which I guess was the hiatus point. For those who are further along, did the recap episode have anything worth seeing, or was it basically a ~40 minute version of the "Previously on Jericho" segments?

Also...

Spoiler
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #58
SackAttack
Head Coach

Am I the only one still watching this?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #59
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Am I the only one still watching this?

Nope. This is one of my top 5 favorite shows right now.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 AM   #60
-apoc-
H.S. Freshman Team

I still watch it also its kinda my guilty pleasure but I really think it is starting to get alot better with them finally involving more outside storylines and killing off one of the annoying people. Now only if they could kill off Mrs Green things would be perfect
-apoc- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:02 AM   #61
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mrs. Green is one of my favorite characters right now, seriously. Instead of being just sort of the token married female character in the show, she has been, IMO, a huge part of Johnston Green's character. He wouldn't be nearly as three-dimensional as he is without her.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 AM   #62
Bee
Pro Starter

I'm still watching and I heard a rumor that they were planning on killing off a main character during May sweeps (no idea who though).
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #63
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I still watch.

A few weeks ago the producers were asked if they would prepare a series finale along with a season finale, and air whichever was appropriate. The answer was that only a season finale would be made. Hopefully the series is renewed so we all aren't left with so many plots hanging. Either way we will know within 3 weeks or so at most.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #64
SackAttack
Head Coach

How many episodes are left in the season? The whole thing that's really blown up with Hawkins in the last couple episodes, I guess it could be resolved by season's end given the progress he's made, but that would feel a little cheap, for him to discover what's going on and nail it down in just a half-dozen episodes' time.

Yeah, I realize that time isn't passing on a 1:1 basis with each episode, but still.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #65
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

May 9th last I checked is the finale, so including tonight, 3 episodes left. I don't really understand why CBS didn't push more episodes into May sweeps. They trust the show enough for 2 new showings but not 3 or 4? Seems 0 or 4 would be more prudent.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #66
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Link

Cancelled.

Talk about a show being cancelled without any plots wrapped up at all.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #67
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Oh no, now I'll never know whether the high school loser will get to make out with the popular chick.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #68
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The last episode was completely ridiculous. They should have at least consulted someone with a military background before writing it.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #69
Joe
Pro Starter

horrible show
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #70
WVUFAN
College Starter

At least The Unit is coming back. That's a great show.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #71
BigMak
n00b

I thought this was a very entertaining show with a unique premise. Disappointed they are not bringing it back.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #72
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Agreed.

I think, with the drop in quality of 24, I may not have any TV shows that I really look forward to each week.

That may not be a bad thing.

edit: You know, part of me wonders if another network will try and pick up the show and give it another shot. It lost steam when it came back from its two month break - maybe if they tried to air in in a row (similar to 24)...

Last edited by chrisj : 05-15-2007 at 11:28 PM.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #73
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hate how they always cancel shows so quickly. I'm suprised they didn't replace it with some CSI:LA type spinoff.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #74
cougarfreak
College Starter

Disappointed, I enjoyed the show.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #75
SackAttack
Head Coach

Kiss of death. Any show I get into gets cancelled after one season.

CBS is on my blacklist moving forward, and I think from now on I'm going to target the most obnoxious tripe I can find to watch in the first season, just to rid our airwaves of the crap they'd rather broadcast than shows that are actually, you know, good.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #76
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Kiss of death. Any show I get into gets cancelled after one season.

CBS is on my blacklist moving forward, and I think from now on I'm going to target the most obnoxious tripe I can find to watch in the first season, just to rid our airwaves of the crap they'd rather broadcast than shows that are actually, you know, good.

Please start watching American Idol.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #77
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Please start watching American Idol.

I missed that boat about 8 seasons ago.

You have my deepest, most profound apologies.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #78
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...dlines-entnews

CBS responds to 'Jericho' fans: We'll let you know how it would have ended
By Maria Elena Fernandez, Times Staff Writer
May 22, 2007

How will it end?
click to enlarge
We were on to the "Lost" legion and "Heroes" worshippers, but who knew there were also "Jericho" junkies?

A "Jericho" online movement is afoot to bring back the just-canceled CBS drama, starring Skeet Ulrich. The show, which explored the aftermath of nuclear attacks in the U.S., seemed like it was going to be one of the TV season's hits, but a large chunk of its audience disappeared during its winter hiatus.

CBS, like the rest of the networks, announced its fall lineup last week, and the network decided to cancel "Jericho" because the show had "lost its engine," CBS President of Entertainment Nina Tassler said.

Since then, passionate "Jericho" fans have organized and bombarded the network with letters and e-mails that state feelings, such as, "This show has touched us like no other before" and "CBS has cast aside a gem in Jericho." An online petition, http://www.jericholives.com , already has 60,000 signatures. One fan even wrote a Bring Back Jericho poem and posted it at http://jericholives.com/fight.htm .

Tassler was so moved by the response that she posted a letter to the fans on http://www.cbs.com , her spokesman, Chris Ender, said.

"She was touched by the letters and e-mails she's received because they each had independent voices," Ender said. "It was not an organized cookie-cutter type campaign. She was touched by the thoughtfulness of the response and wanted to directly respond to them."

In the letter, Tassler told the fans that she also loved the show: "We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the 'Jericho' story."

CBS executives will meet this week to discuss how the network can let the fans know how the "Jericho" story would have ended.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #79
Galaril
Pro Starter

I like the show too and was bummed it was axed but.............I got this feels pretty pathetic. It's like when you were in high school and got dumped by a hot girl before "doing it" , so you go and the next day ask her to give some closure by explain how the sex would of been.

Last edited by Galaril : 05-21-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 PM   #80
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
In the letter, Tassler told the fans that she also loved the show: "We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the 'Jericho' story."

CBS executives will meet this week to discuss how the network can let the fans know how the "Jericho" story would have ended.

Not good enough. Either stick to your guns, or bring it back right.

A reunion show that tried to wrap up the 37 different threads in one hour would basically be a like a visit to your proctologist for an hour-long probing session without the benefit of lube.

Maybe it's necessary on some level, but it's really not going to be all that memorable in any way you'd WANT to remember.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #81
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Guess some Jericho fans were bored....

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423677.html

Half-Ton Of Nuts Heading To CBS
The first of many shipments already on its way to New York

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: SyFy Portal
May-21-2007

When the first orders for nuts started to trickle in to his family's 78-year-old business Friday, Jeffrey Braverman had no idea what he was getting himself into.

About 50 orders had been placed in a short time to New Jersey retailer Nuts Online, all in reference to a television show called "Jericho," a show that Braverman said he barely had heard of, let alone watch.

"When we first started getting these orders, and we realized what was going on, my first thought was, 'What are these weirdos doing?' It was bizarre," Braverman told SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman. "But you know what? These are real people. These are normal people. They have been calling up, and these are some real nice people and I understood where they were coming from."

Braverman thought about one of his favorite television shows, "Lost," and how he would feel if suddenly ABC pulled it off the air like CBS did with "Jericho." That's when he realized his company would do whatever they could to help fans of "Jericho" make a statement with its "Nuts to You, CBS!" campaign. And Tuesday morning, the network's New York offices will have more than 1,000 pounds of peanuts -- enough to make more than 2,000 people quite satisfied -- sitting in its mailroom.

"These people are really hoping that this will make an impact, and I don't think they'll be disappointed," Braverman said. "In this first order alone, we have 40 25-pound boxes of nuts being shipped. It's kind of hard to ignore that."

Sending nuts is not cheap, and usually involves quite a bit more than a few dollars to order and ship, Braverman said. But as the individual orders grew from a handful to hundreds, he knew Nuts Online had to open things up for more fans to participate. So the company, through its new "Nuts for Jericho" page, decided to take the bold step of offering nuts sales in bulk wholesale, meaning even if fans were just donating $5, they could contribute to an overall pool of nuts that would then be sent to CBS as they were being prepared. At last count early Monday evening, fans had ordered more than 1,801 pounds of nuts through the wholesale method, spending about $2,440. And that number continues to grow, Braverman said.

"It's not necessarily profitable to us," Braverman said. "But in the long term, we really hope people appreciate it. It was crazy for us trying to fill orders. Normally, our shipper leaves at 5 p.m. but we still had about 450 pounds of nuts to go, so they stayed late and let us get it done."

The issues raised from taking the orders went beyond whether the venture would be profitable or not, however, Braverman said. There also was a concern that CBS might reject the shipments, and cost Nuts Online -- a family-owned business steeped in tradition -- even more money.

"That would be bad, because we would have to pay for it to come back, and we would have all this product that people had already paid for," Braverman said. "But we put notes on the cases asking them to please don't discard the cases. They are all freshly roasted peanuts, so give them to co-workers, or donate them to a good cause. Put them to good use."

Nuts Online is one of several companies fans had targeted to ship nuts, a play on some of the final dialogue of the "Jericho" series that Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich) says to the sheriff of New Bern when asked to surrender. It was his way of telling the advancing soldiers from that town to go to hell. Fans have since adopted that as their own mantra, and hope to do for Jericho what tabasco sauce a few years ago did for UPN's "Roswell."

With the orders have come hundreds of pieces of e-mail to the nuts company, something Braverman said he has been spending a great deal of time personally responding to.

"I'm literally sending hundreds of e-mails back to people," he said. "It's an amazing thing. You have all these people coming out of the woodwork, and they are thanking us. People are telling us that we had made their day, and that they are really happy."

And CBS might want to take note, because Braverman wants CBS to give "Jericho" a chance, so that he can give it a chance as a viewer.

"People were calling up and placing orders on the phone, and when they were doing it, they were giving us the lowdown on the show," Braverman said. "Now I want to go watch it on the [CBS] Web site. This has a chance to bring in so many more viewers, people who have never seen the show before who see all this and now want to watch the show. It's great how something like this can be passed along to brothers and sisters and friends, and how it can really grow an audience."

To take part in the "Nuts to You, CBS" campaign, visit the Nuts Online "Jericho" page by clicking here.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #82
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
http://www.nutsonline.com/gifts/jeri...KeD9Fbl9hNlcKj

They are up to 5539 lbs... wow!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #83
SackAttack
Head Coach

They've added almost another 500 pounds in the last two hours.

I love that they're sending these care of Kelly Kahl, the same executive who blamed the fans for the performance of the show after a three-month hiatus.

Nuts to you, Kahl. I'm dropping ten bucks in just so I can have the pleasure of imagining the look on her face when three tons of nuts show up on her doorstep.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #84
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

And now it's over 2,600 in the past 14 or so hours. That's amazing.

FWIW, videos of the first shipment (~ 1,000 pounds received Tuesday) are available on the website: http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho
Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #85
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I always thought the ratings drop was due more to the fact that the show was getting stale and wasn't really going anywhere, but maybe that wasn't really it. Shortly before the hiatus I was hoping that this was going to be a one-season show which wrapped itself up nicely at the end.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #86
spleen1015
Coordinator

This whole situation is just nuts!

Hehehe!

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #87
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I always thought the ratings drop was due more to the fact that the show was getting stale and wasn't really going anywhere, but maybe that wasn't really it. Shortly before the hiatus I was hoping that this was going to be a one-season show which wrapped itself up nicely at the end.

I believe all the serial shows had a drop with the mid-season hiatus. With a borderline show like Jericho, I'd think that impact was probably more significant.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #88
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This whole situation is just nuts!

Hehehe!

Almost 100 pounds added just in the 20 minutes or so I've been at the computer.

This thing is going to hit the 5 ton mark today.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #89
SackAttack
Head Coach

Incidentally, I was browsing the list of contributors, and apparently about a half-hour ago, somebody at CBS placed an order. Has to be, since the 'pooled' order page, you only enter your billing address (incl. name), and it's automatically shipped to the CBS offices.

That might be the funniest part of this whole saga to me, is the idea that somebody at CBS said "you tell those bastards! I'm with you!" and chipped in on the nuts.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #90
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

They are almost at 5,000 for todays shipment. And I had figured yesterday would have been where they topped out at.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #91
SackAttack
Head Coach

They shipped 4,000 pounds of nuts to NYC today. There's another 1,000+ pounds that apparently were ordered after the deadline to ship the nuts.

So, yeah, over 5,000 pounds ordered since YESTERDAY'S delivery, and no signs of slowing down yet.

Oh, and that's just from NutsOnline. Who knows how much extraneous product has been purchased/delivered by individuals.

Apparently the proprietors of the NutsOnline site have, on their own, sent packets to the Howard Stern show, Letterman, and some other places as well. This might be just the beginning.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #92
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

CBS is donating the nuts to food banks, the zoo, homeless shelters, etc - a good move on their part.

Another interesting development - the save Jericho campaign is also purchasing an ad in Variety magazine on the show.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #93
SackAttack
Head Coach

The zoo is my favorite part.

The elephants are going to be thrilled.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #94
Tiphnie
n00b

Just an update but so far fans have bought over 18,000 pounds of nuts to send to CBS!
Tiphnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #95
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just about 39,000 pounds of nuts shipped, and some tantalizing rumor hitting the airwaves:

Jericho to be renewed as a mid-season pickup?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #96
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I'm just amused that "Nuts!" is no longer a WWII term...
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #97
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Just about 39,000 pounds of nuts shipped, and some tantalizing rumor hitting the airwaves:

Jericho to be renewed as a mid-season pickup?

And another link from the LA Times.

Resurrection: The fans save Jericho

Honestly, I think it makes for a pretty neat story overall.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #98
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

First nuts, then a Jerich Olives website? What's with all the food?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #99
SackAttack
Head Coach

Whatever's with the food, it sure worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Tassler
To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of "Jericho" for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more "Jericho," we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that "Jericho" will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting "Jericho" on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of "Jericho" in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :-)

So, yeah. I'm dancing!

Gotta remember to pick up season one on September 25.