Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #51
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
for there to be a conception there would have had to have been a momma FOFC and a poppa FOFC.

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 PM   #52
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I think we decided a couple of years ago that fake release posts were a bannable offense. Certainly this thread should be deleted.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #53
capsicum
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!! Maximus! Why did you have to post that bullshit!?!?!?! When I saw your post I thought there was going to be a NEW FOF GAME COMING OUT! NOT THE SAME OLD ONES THAT I'VE ALREADY BEEN PLAYING FOREVER!!! When I saw the thread title, I CALLED MY GRAMPA AND SAID "I can't make it to nana's funeral! There was a post on FOFC about that said 'Front Office Games presents'! It means there's a new game coming out!!!" AND GRAMPA said "You loved your nana! Come to her burial!" AND I SAID "Grampa!Grampa! Jim Ginton makes games for his company SOLAR SYSTEM SOFTWARE and everyone knows he doesn't tell nobody about his games until they're gonna come out! And now Tim Gindin HAS A NEW GAME OUT! Don't you understand, fucker?" And then I called my boss and told him that I'm quitting because the new Front Page Office game's out. Then I told Barb (my mail order wife) to go back to Japan because I would have no more time for her now that FULL FRONTAL OFFICE _______ 2005 was comin' out, so SAYONARA BITCH! AND THENNNNN I bought my plane tickets for the trip I swore I would take as soon as the new game came out= TO MEET JOHN GUIDRY AND BEAUTIFUL WIFE FARRAH! You know what that means? SIGNED COPY! OH YEAH OH YEAH!

But then at the airport I clicked the thread only to find out it was some kind of SICK SICK JOKE! Maximus, YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE

Now that was good.
capsicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 PM   #54
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
I think we decided a couple of years ago that fake release posts were a bannable offense. Certainly this thread should be deleted.

F'n elitist.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #55
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Although I do think Maximus is kind of a douchebag, I don't think he deserves to be banned. Maybe just to have someone right a parody song about him.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #56
McSweeny
College Starter

i think we should get a thunderingHERD/Ant duet going
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:45 PM   #57
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

not for nothing, but what's "Front Office Games"? isn't your company called "Solecismic"? is it scumbaggish? yes. but i think he found a loophole cuz he didn't use your company name and he didn't say "NEW GAME OUT BY SOLECISMIC!!!!1". just said "front office games presents...".

just because you find it necessary to keep info on your upcoming games under lock and key doesn't mean people can't have fun with it. these things will happen when you have idle hands. give people something to munch on. is the world gonna end if people at least know what sport you're working on? the Gestapo isn't going to come into your house and demand a release date.

i don't know if i speak for anyone, but i'd surely rather "Solecismic" talk about Solecismic games than their opinion on the Israeli settlers evactuation. you sure you took PR classes in college? the "P" in PR stands for public, just so you know. unsolicited free advice: drumming up some early interest in your products only helps.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #58
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
not for nothing, but what's "Front Office Games"?
http://www.frontofficegames.com

Click the link.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #59
Flasch186
Coordinator

with the hover exposure on the thread I didnt even get the suspense....pointless.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 PM   #60
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97

i stand corrected then. i must've missed the memo.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #61
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I explained why I felt it didn't help, Anthony, and I've tried many different models. Perhaps you could enlighten us with your vast experience in this area.

If you really want to talk about the Gestapo visiting my home, even in jest, please forgive me if I just put you on ignore.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #62
markprior22
High School Varsity

Banning someone for this particular post is laughable. Since when has Maximus ever been in charge of making announcements for Solecismic? I didn't even consider for a second that it might be true when I saw the title. Anyone who did is a fool. Considering the content of much of the garbage posted on this forum, this is a joke.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My memory and your memory match. And if this isn't bannable under those rules, I'm not sure what could be.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #64
Flasch186
Coordinator

i think banning is an overreaction especially for a first offense, but jmo.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 AM   #65
rkmsuf
Head Coach

meh, a few people wet themselves because they think a new game is out. big whoop.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 AM   #66
Blackadar
Retired

That's ok. JMIG and I will be joining you shortly in the Box.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #67
Subby
lolzcat

I would have supported deleting this thread too - and then RFUS posted.

And this thread became an insta-classic.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 08-26-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #68
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wow this has been an interesting week!
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:24 AM   #69
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71

Well, that's definitely one way to describe it.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:24 AM   #70
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Not as interesting as the last interesting week.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #71
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

That's what I remember as well.

I never understood the humor of posting a fake release post in any case. I suppose it's the online equivalent of 1st graders telling each other their pants are unzipped and when they look to run off screaming "made you look!"...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 AM   #72
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
That's what I remember as well.

I never understood the humor of posting a fake release post in any case. I suppose it's the online equivalent of 1st graders telling each other their pants are unzipped and when they look to run off screaming "made you look!"...

Your parachute pants are unzipped.

No - not that zipper...that one.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 08-26-2005, 08:38 AM   #73
John Travolta
n00b

Asshat.
John Travolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #74
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Banning someone for this particular post is laughable. Since when has Maximus ever been in charge of making announcements for Solecismic? I didn't even consider for a second that it might be true when I saw the title. Anyone who did is a fool. Considering the content of much of the garbage posted on this forum, this is a joke.
I didn't ban him. I suspended him. I've done it before. I did it again. I'll do it again in the future. Deal with it, or go elsewhere, 'cause it ain't changin'.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:48 AM   #75
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I didn't ban him. I suspended him. I've done it before. I did it again. I'll do it again in the future. Deal with it, or go elsewhere, 'cause it ain't changin'.
Considering his prior trolling history when he posted as vulcan, I don't think many folks would argue with a ban...

Old 08-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #76
rkmsuf
Head Coach

If comes back talking about football and kick ass video games then ban him.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 AM   #77
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Considering his prior trolling history when he posted as vulcan, I don't think many folks would argue with a ban...
Make no mistake. He's pretty close.

EDIT: By the way, do you think I'd care whether or not people argued? I can be a dictator sometimes, remember?

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 08-26-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:00 AM   #78
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
I didn't even consider for a second that it might be true when I saw the title.

nor I...i have every faith that SkyDog/primelord (if he's still Jim's liaison) will be notified at least a couple minutes before the game is released to be able to make an announcement at the earliest possible time. unless either of those two people make an announcement i'll assume the thread is a joke.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #79
Antmeister
Pro Starter

What happened with this guy? He seemed to be on somewhat good behavior for a while and then yesterday evening, he decided to let his pants down. I understand that he is impatient about waiting for a game, but I don't understand why he is really impatient about a game that he has to resort to indirect trolling.

I can remember a time when he had written FOF off completely and joined another board entirely. But a few months later he reappeared with a new attitude. But for whatever reason, after Jim decided to put up a few polls, he slowly started losing composure until it resorted to fake annoncements and trying to convince me that FOF2k5 is the patched version of FOF2k4. Was he drinking last night or something?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:08 AM   #80
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
What happened with this guy? He seemed to be on somewhat good behavior for a while and then yesterday evening, he decided to let his pants down. I understand that he is impatient about waiting for a game, but I don't understand why he is really impatient about a game that he has to resort to indirect trolling.

I can remember a time when he had written FOF off completely and joined another board entirely. But a few months later he reappeared with a new attitude. But for whatever reason, after Jim decided to put up a few polls, he slowly started losing composure until it resorted to fake annoncements and trying to convince me that FOF2k5 is the patched version of FOF2k4. Was he drinking last night or something?

you mean he lost it like this?

Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 AM   #81
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
nor I...i have every faith that SkyDog/primelord (if he's still Jim's liaison) will be notified at least a couple minutes before the game is released to be able to make an announcement at the earliest possible time. unless either of those two people make an announcement i'll assume the thread is a joke.

HA, I agree that we would know, but in all honesty, people on these boards always get riled up whenever they see speculation on when it is supposed to come out. When someone post false dates, it splits people into two camps immediately and I don't think that is going to do too well for Jim's business. In fact it wouldn't do any good for any developer especially if they fall behind a projected date.

Not saying that I agree with how he does his annoncements. In fact, I tend to like the model that Grey Dog is doing it at this time, but each person has a reason why they commit to their plan and I can't fault Solecismic for that. If this model fails, he will try another one, but it seemed to be okay thus far.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:19 AM   #82
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
you mean he lost it like this?

So is this Maximus in Star Trek 2 where he yells out "Khannnn!"
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #83
RendeR
Coordinator

Another thread displaying the utter and complete low this board has dipped to. What happened to common sense in the world? Are we so pathetic that we have to have someone boxed because some of us are STUPID enough to think this might have been a real announcement?

Good lord...get a fucking grip people.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #84
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

He has lost it like this

I do remember for the last update, when it was supposed to come out, someone signed up as "Sollecismic" and tried to post. If it isn't posted by Jim himself, and you believe it....well then....I think you need to grab a blunt object and place in your hand, and swing aforementioned object in the direction of your head. Repeat motion until everything goes black.

Last edited by gottimd : 08-26-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #85
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
He has lost it like this

Perfect!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #86
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
He has lost it like this

No.... I am not entertained...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #87
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
I explained why I felt it didn't help, Anthony, and I've tried many different models. Perhaps you could enlighten us with your vast experience in this area.

that's HA, or Hell Atlantic, or "Enlightended One", to you, you haven't earned the right to be cordial with me to use my real name. you make games, i buy the ones i like - our association ends there unless i'm given a good reason to change the dynamic of our company/customer relationship.

you want enlightenment, fine, put your shades on cuz i'm gonna enlighten you:

every *other* game developer here makes it a point to announce games well in advance of their release date. some give concrete release dates, others stick to the path you blazed, the "it'll be released when it's ready" approach. at the end of the day i know exactly what SI is gonna release (i said "what", not "when"), i know what the next Grey Dog release is gonna be, i know the next OOTP, so on and so forth. these are small operations in equal scope to Solecismic, yet they make it a point not to keep their customers in the dark.

it might just be you're too lazy to deal with daily "when is the game gonna be released!!1!" threads. sure, i can see how that might get tiresome. but do you think keeping current/potential customers in the dark is a better alternative? i fail to see how "getting the word" out early does Solecismic more harm than good. no one expects Solecismic to have the marketing dept. of EA, but that doesn't mean you can't announce things well in advance to get customer interest in motion. Grey Dog's college football game won't be out for a bit, but because potential customers know about the game and that it'll have MP in it there's an FOF College Football league being formed.

the thing i don't get is this - EA is a huge company, and they wouldn't have to announce anything about their game because they have such brand presence that people find out about their games one way or another, meanwhile a small company like Solecismic, that outisde of say, 3,000 people (and i'm being generous with that number because you claim you have more customers than just the people who come to FOFC, and i have no reason to argue that) have heard about, decides to keep product information under lock and key.

if i were you, i wouldn't take what i was saying as an "attack". i don't believe in giving you a handjob jsut cuz you're the almighty Jim Gindin, creator of FOF. and if i didn't care about Solecismic i'd be in some other thread and let the Solecismic pieces fall where they may.

the point i'm trying to make is i don't know how customers not knowing about future Solecismic games is better than customers knowing about future Solecismic games and constantly asking for release date information. while you save yourself some grief from not being pressured to meet a certain target date, you don't maximize exposure and reaching out to potential customers. if all you do is cater to the customers you have now i fail to see how your base will grow. i think you misjudge the awareness of your games, and place minimal priority on keeping customer and potential customers in the know, and don't bother with advertising. sure, you're a one man team, i've heard that before. the internet has made it possible for publishing very easily. i'm sure if you asked you could have your pick of volunteers to help you advertise. everyone here wants to see your company be successful.

that's just one customers opinion. you might want to take it with a grain of salt considering the source, or try to see things from a different angle. if you got me on ignore for my silly Gestapo comment and didn't read any of this - best of luck to ya then.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #88
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Another thread displaying the utter and complete low this board has dipped to. What happened to common sense in the world? Are we so pathetic that we have to have someone boxed because some of us are STUPID enough to think this might have been a real announcement?

Good lord...get a fucking grip people.
Don't forget to take your medication today, Mr. Raging von Ranterson...

Last edited by Subby : 08-26-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #89
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
So is this Maximus in Star Trek 2 where he yells out "Khannnn!"

SkyDoggggggggggggggggg!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #90
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't forget to take your medication today, Mr. Raging von Ranterson...

Isn't it Mr. Angry?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #91
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Isn't it Mr. Angry?
No, this is Mr. Angry

Old 08-26-2005, 09:30 AM   #92
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I never forget to bring my angry eyes along to the forum...

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 08-26-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #93
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog

SD...you are such a badass. I can't hardly fathom the power you wield on this message board and others. It spoke volumes to me on the Matrix boards when everyone else used a single thread to congratulate Shaun and you had to create your own thread so everyone could see that ol' Skydog was on board.

IMO (and that is all it is) you are an ass. It strikes me as really funny that people can post saying or singing motherfucker, cocksucker, fuckin bitch and the like and we all laugh. But when someone makes an obvious attempt at humor and it causes so much consternation, there is something wrong. Don't misunderstand me...I'm not necessarily offended by the language but in relation to Maximus' suspension, the double standard is outlandish. I think I'll take you up on your offer and go elsewhere. I know it's a drop in the bucket, but I'll also show my feelings in the only way that really matters. That is by not buying any future products from Solecismic.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:34 AM   #94
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
that's HA, or Hell Atlantic, or "Enlightended One", to you, you haven't earned the right to be cordial with me to use my real name. you make games, i buy the ones i like - our association ends there unless i'm given a good reason to change the dynamic of our company/customer relationship.

you want enlightenment, fine, put your shades on cuz i'm gonna enlighten you:

every *other* game developer here makes it a point to announce games well in advance of their release date. some give concrete release dates, others stick to the path you blazed, the "it'll be released when it's ready" approach. at the end of the day i know exactly what SI is gonna release (i said "what", not "when"), i know what the next Grey Dog release is gonna be, i know the next OOTP, so on and so forth. these are small operations in equal scope to Solecismic, yet they make it a point not to keep their customers in the dark.

it might just be you're too lazy to deal with daily "when is the game gonna be released!!1!" threads. sure, i can see how that might get tiresome. but do you think keeping current/potential customers in the dark is a better alternative? i fail to see how "getting the word" out early does Solecismic more harm than good. no one expects Solecismic to have the marketing dept. of EA, but that doesn't mean you can't announce things well in advance to get customer interest in motion. Grey Dog's college football game won't be out for a bit, but because potential customers know about the game and that it'll have MP in it there's an FOF College Football league being formed.

the thing i don't get is this - EA is a huge company, and they wouldn't have to announce anything about their game because they have such brand presence that people find out about their games one way or another, meanwhile a small company like Solecismic, that outisde of say, 3,000 people (and i'm being generous with that number because you claim you have more customers than just the people who come to FOFC, and i have no reason to argue that) have heard about, decides to keep product information under lock and key.

if i were you, i wouldn't take what i was saying as an "attack". i don't believe in giving you a handjob jsut cuz you're the almighty Jim Gindin, creator of FOF. and if i didn't care about Solecismic i'd be in some other thread and let the Solecismic pieces fall where they may.

the point i'm trying to make is i don't know how customers not knowing about future Solecismic games is better than customers knowing about future Solecismic games and constantly asking for release date information. while you save yourself some grief from not being pressured to meet a certain target date, you don't maximize exposure and reaching out to potential customers. if all you do is cater to the customers you have now i fail to see how your base will grow. i think you misjudge the awareness of your games, and place minimal priority on keeping customer and potential customers in the know, and don't bother with advertising. sure, you're a one man team, i've heard that before. the internet has made it possible for publishing very easily. i'm sure if you asked you could have your pick of volunteers to help you advertise. everyone here wants to see your company be successful.

that's just one customers opinion. you might want to take it with a grain of salt considering the source, or try to see things from a different angle. if you got me on ignore for my silly Gestapo comment and didn't read any of this - best of luck to ya then.

Actually as someone with a marketing degree I must say, boiled down so you get rid of the vitriol, HA actually makes some good marketing points in there.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #95
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Up your nose with a rubber hose.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #96
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
SkyDog, you fucking dictator.

Fixed.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #97
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I don't think HA said a damn thing that hasn't been said before. Bravo.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #98
Flasch186
Coordinator

....however if you leak a report of what's coming TOO far in advance you can cross the line from excitement to overkill and then your marketing tactic has lost its impact and then you have to change it. But now Im getting into marketing tactics and their effects on the amrket which I think is maybe not what is the point of this. right?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #99
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I think I'll take you up on your offer and go elsewhere.
Can we give your account to Suicane?

Old 08-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #100
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Can we give your account to Suicane?
I second that emotion.