Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2003, 12:05 AM   #51
vex
Grizzled Veteran

MATCHES

Has scheduled a friendly this week.

The team is undefeated for 5 competition games and has 2 wins in a row

Code:
Team Goals Points 1. Man U Wannabes 46 - 8 22 2. RN United 27 - 3 21 3. Raging Chimbelinas 21 - 14 16 4. NE Oklahoma Sidekicks 22 - 14 13 5. Tetsaiga 23 - 22 10 6. Los Rudos 15 - 26 7 7. bob killas 1 - 37 3 8. Kandy Kanez 3 - 34 1

LAST ROUND

Tetsaiga - Raging Chimbe 1 - 3
RN United - Los Rudos 3 - 0
Kandy Kanez - Man U Wannabe 0 - 9
NE Oklahoma S - bob killas 5 - 0

NEXT ROUND

bob killas - Tetsaiga
Raging Chimbelinas - RN United
Man U Wannabes - NE Oklahoma Sidekick
Los Rudos - Kandy Kanez

Tetsaiga losing to the Raging Chimbelinas moved the Sidekicks into 4th place.

RN United probably PICed Los Rudos to get the easy win.

Man U Wannabes showed no mercy to the last placec Kandy Kanez.

And we of course won our game by forfeit.

We should be able to come out of this game with a win as we will be going MOTS, but anything could happen to change that.

My Midseason prediction is for us to finish #3 in V.111. #2 is the best case scenario barring a miracle, and #4 is the worst case scenario.

vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #52
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wish I could win a game by forfeit! Instead I have to pull a Horned and use 6 mids to defeat the Fighting Illini 4-1. My team got confused twice in one half!

Probably the most confusing part was that I didn't know I was playing it until I saw George Flores step up to the midfield instead of playing wingback.

I about cried because I thought that I would lose the game because of it.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #53
vex
Grizzled Veteran

At least you won though. You lose training though, don't you?
Old 02-03-2003, 05:20 PM   #54
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If I do, it's only Bettis and Sumner, and they are both solid scorers. I wouldn't be entirely upset.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:28 PM   #55
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm pretty sure you do lose training from playing an 'incomprehensible' formation.

Never tried it myself, though.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:35 PM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I believe I read somewhere that it was possible...but not a lock.

I certainly was shocked when I saw it and that I won.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #57
vex
Grizzled Veteran

From the HattriX-Files:

"Get the most out of it for your squad...
You also want to choose a formation that benefits your training choice the most.
For keeper, it doesn't matter, you can only play 2 keepers a week, so you can only train 2
For scoring, generally teams play 3-4-3 and have 6 trainees, one set playing Sunday, the other on Wednesday.
Playmaking would be best with 5 midfielders (3 inners).
Defending, 5-4-1 is the best (10 defenders), but 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 are also used...
and so on...
but dont play exaggerated formations like 2-7-1 to train more players! in this case none of your players will receive any training!
...but which formation is best to win against your next opponent?"
Old 02-05-2003, 12:08 AM   #58
vex
Grizzled Veteran

The Sidekicks would just like to point out that we have missed our trash talking this week with our white trash opponent, the Galesburg Avengers
Old 02-05-2003, 11:46 PM   #59
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
From the HattriX-Files:

"Get the most out of it for your squad...
You also want to choose a formation that benefits your training choice the most.
For keeper, it doesn't matter, you can only play 2 keepers a week, so you can only train 2
For scoring, generally teams play 3-4-3 and have 6 trainees, one set playing Sunday, the other on Wednesday.
Playmaking would be best with 5 midfielders (3 inners).
Defending, 5-4-1 is the best (10 defenders), but 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 are also used...
and so on...
but dont play exaggerated formations like 2-7-1 to train more players! in this case none of your players will receive any training!
...but which formation is best to win against your next opponent?"

Crapt, you suck! Thanks for ruining my day! Well, you didn't ruin it...I've actually had quite a good day today.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:55 PM   #60
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Galesburg Avengers - NE Oklahoma Sidekicks

2nd Round of the FOFC CUP - Match #2

Date: 2/6/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 4983780
Arena: Vengeance Field
Crowd: 910

A scorching day at Vengeance Field, where 910 spectators were in place for today´s match. Galesburg had chosen a strategic 2-5-3 formation. They fielded: Thomas - Meek, Oskarsson - Valadez, Croom-Carter, Matson, Poulin, Maddox - Pierre, Street, Schrader.

Sidekicks had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Luginbühl - Johnson, Parish, Thompson - Wilson, Connor, Winters, Stensson, Valijero - Tuvin, Rossi.

A header from Inge Oskarsson connected with a corner kick after 28 minutes, and the ball ended up with Paul Street of Galesburg who shot the 1-0 goal. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Rodney Valadez somhow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Kurt Maddox who struck for 2 - 0. After this Galesburg lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The away team reduced the score to 2 - 1, as Roberto Rossi struck home, set up well by a play from the left in the 31st minute. Galesburg seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Galesburg lead up with 3 - 1. Johnny Pierre finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Floyd Meek got left behind when Sidekicks´s Roberto Rossi made a sudden pull forward in the 41st minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 3-2! 43 minutes into the game Sidekicks´s Patrik Tuvin found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 3 - 3. After 45 minutes Sidekicks´s Andy Parish contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Galesburg had obvious problems in finding their positions. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 3. Sidekicks held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

Galesburg -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 47:th minute allowed Roberto Rossi to score 3 - 4 for Sidekicks. By then Roberto Rossi was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The away team´s Ned Connor took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 63rd minute increasing Sidekicks´s lead to 3 - 5. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 70:th minute Sidekicks goal, making it 3 - 6. Ned Connor was noted down as the scorer. Galesburg appeared unsure on how to play. In the 73rd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 3 - 7 as Roberto Rossi finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. After this Sidekicks lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The visitors Ned Connor took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 75:th minute. 3 - 8 for Sidekicks. This third goal made a hat trick for Ned Connor. Danél Valijero of Sidekicks received a yellow card in the 75:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Sidekicks held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Galesburg´s best player was Martin Schrader. However, Floyd Meek made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Sidekicks player was without a doubt Donald Thompson. Andy Parish on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 8.

Galesburg Avengers - NE Oklahoma Sidekicks 3 - 8

Goals
Rossi- 4
Tuvin- 1
Conner- 3

Cards
Daniel Valijero- Yellow

Injuries
Andy Parish(Coach)-Bruised but Training

RATING

Galesburg Avengers
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: poor
Central Defence: poor
Left Side Defence: wretched
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: passable

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

Player Ratings

Anselm Luginbühl **

Byron Johnson **
Andy Parish No stars(Injured, and coach)
Donald Thompson ** (Defensive)

Ben Wilson * (Offensive)
Conny Stensson **
Ned Connor *~ (Defensive)
Donny Winters *~ (Offensive)
Danél Valijero *~ (Offensive)

Patrik Tuvin **
Roberto Rossi **

Not real pleased star wise, but the score is a whole different story. The Avengers jumped out to a 3-1 lead and I thought we were in some serious trouble, but somehow we pulled through.

That 2-5-3 sure seemed to help your central attack, didn't it CW?

Good game goes out to the Avengers and we hope to have a rematch sometime next season.

Last edited by vex : 02-05-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:05 AM   #61
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Latest events
2/6/2003 The team played a match. Spectator income amounted to 2 313 US$.

2/3/2003 15 new supporters signed up and paid 450 US$ in fees.

That brings us to a current total of 651 members in our Supporter Club.

Economy

Cash funds: 43 546 US$ (28 776) US$
Sponsors: high on life
Supporter Club: 651 members
Supporters: high on life

Training Level: 100%
Training Type: Playmaking
Coach: Andy Parish
Team Spirit: satisfied
Confidence: wonderful

Formation experience
4-3-3: disastrous
4-5-1: weak
3-5-2: excellent
5-3-2: disastrous
3-4-3: disastrous
5-4-1: disastrous

We're about to MOTS, so that Team Spirit is about to take a plunge.

We played a 3-5-2 for this friendly instead of our typical 4-5-1 so that we would be up to excellent for the league match.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:15 AM   #62
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good job!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:43 AM   #63
vex
Grizzled Veteran

The Sidekicks are happy to announce that we will be traveling to South Korea for our friendly on Wednesday. We will be playing The Fellowship FC.

A little info on The Fellowship:

The Fellowship FC (28557)

Region: Kyonggi-do
Arena: Barad-Dur (Capacity - 10,000)
Language: English
Series: # 2 in II.4

I honestly don't think we'll have much trouble staying with them. They may beat us, but not by much.

While reading through the team info, I wondered why their team had no recorded transfer transactions. Turns out they are a new as of 1/25/03. He didn't pick up a bad team:

The team is undefeated for 6 competition games and has 6 wins in a row
Old 02-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #64
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Latest events
2/6/2003 15 new supporters signed up and paid 450 US$ in fees.

Normally, this would be good. But not this time. Does anyone want a supporter or could someone give me one? These 15 supporters bring me up to 666 supporters!
Old 02-06-2003, 07:23 PM   #65
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Good luck to ya Vex!

Yeah, I figured my only chance to dig myself out of the hole was a massive attack. Might of worked, had we not pulled back so damn soon. Bah!
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #66
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I HATE pulling back.

One thing I have also noticed, whenever there is confusion in the formation, the team that got confused, scores the next goal. Maybe it's just me.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:19 PM   #67
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yep. Confusion and overconfidence are wonderful things, if you ask me.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 12:07 AM   #68
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Training Results

Well, I would have to say that this is definitely the most disappointing training results I have recieved so far.

To start off, we didn't have any changes in our playmaking training.

2 Form Increases (2 starters)
6 Form Decreases (3 starters) one starter dropped two levels

9 Value Increases (8 starters)
6 Value Decreases (3 starters)

This was just a pitiful week for us.

Our top defender, Jan Thomasson dropped two form levels, going from Solid to Inadequate. He also dropped $10,000 in value to goto $75,000.

The largest value increase this week goes to Duane Henning who rose $18,000 to settle at $161,000. He is 25 yrs old and I am thinking about selling him.

Our largest value decrease goes to Palmer Needham who dropped $12,000 to end up at $112,000.

Players 16
Total Value: $1,149,000
Avg. Value: $71, 813
Avg. Value of Starting 11: $92,636

Total Wage: $13,650
Avg Wage: $853

Avg. Age: 22.68
Avg. Age of Starting 11: 22.55
Old 02-09-2003, 01:09 AM   #69
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Our Weekly P.O.S. youth pull is:

Sam Gee "I suck"

Sam Gee (8194355)
19 years, passable form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 1 000 US$
Wage: 500 US$/week
Owner: NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
Warnings: 0

Stamina: disastrous Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: disastrous
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

And he's outta here.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:24 AM   #70
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Economy

Cash funds: 28 226 US$ (-22 216) US$
Sponsors: dancing in the streets
Supporter Club: 666 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Code:
Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 5 925 Sponsors 39 300 Wages 15 316 Financial 0 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 46 500 Youth squad 20 000 Total revenue 39 300 Total expenses 89 741 Expected income/loss -50 441

And, our rapid spiral towards poverty begins. Our only way out now is to sale a high profile player, and that will probably be 25 yr old Mid Duane Henning who is valued at $161,000.

On a good note though, our sponsers are now "dancing in the streets."

Last edited by vex : 02-09-2003 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #71
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Reading about everyone else's youth pull makes me feel better about my 9k guy...but I still fired him.

Good luck Vex!
Old 02-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #72
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Still looking to pass that "magical" 1K barrier
Old 02-10-2003, 12:19 AM   #73
vex
Grizzled Veteran

#1 Man U Wannabes - #4 NE Oklahoma Sidekicks

Date: 2/10/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 4594046
Arena: Man U Wannabes Arena
Crowd: 7000

The crowd of 7000 turning up at Man U Wannabes Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Wannabes had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Boudreau - Anderson, Betancourt, Chacon - Hull, Law, Lewis, Parker - Howard, Baker, Mallory.

Sidekicks tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Luginbühl - Thompson, Johnson, Thomasson - Needham, Henning, Andersson, Stensson, Valijero - Rossi, Perez.

Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 7:th minute left Sidekicks´s Keith Perez completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The game was characterized by rough play and many physical challenges. Danél Valijero showed great heart and had a good game. After 32 minutes of game time Keith Perez received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Alexander Boudreau was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. In the games 36:th minute Wannabes´s Jason Howard fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jason Howard for taking a dive. After 40 minutes Wannabess Frederick Hull had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Earl Ricks came in instead of him. The visitors Roberto Rossi took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 41st minute. 0 - 2 for Sidekicks. After 41 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Keith Perez who increased Sidekicks´s lead to 0 - 3. Halftime score was 0 - 3. Sidekicks held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

In the 54:th minute Wayne Law passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 3 goal. Sidekicks´s Roberto Rossi made it through the home teams defence in the 61st minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Sidekickss Palmer Needham got himself booked after a foul. Wannabes were forced to a substitution as Wayne Law couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. Wannabes didn´t give in and in the 71st minute Sidney Chacon was able to put the 2 - 3 goal away after a play from the right. After 75 minutes of play Earl Ricks equalised for Wannabes after an elegant attack from the right. After a fine move down the middle George Yanez nearly gave the home side one up in the 78:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Sidekicks, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Wannabes player was Floyd Parker. Ellis Lewis on the other hand, had a terrible day. Sidekicks´s best player was Duane Henning. Anselm Luginbühl on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 3.

Man U Wannabes - NE Oklahoma Sidekicks 3 - 3

The sad thing is, we did in fact MOTS this game. Somehow, somehow, I still don't know how, but we just broke apart in the second half. We still had good possesion of the ball, but something just didn't click. As I said I would, since we didn't win this game, the Sidekicks are now heading towards an overhaul.

RATING

Man U Wannabes
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: excellent

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid

Best ratings of the season, and still, this.

GK Anselm Luginbühl **

RWB Donald Thompson **
CD Jan Thomasson **~
CD Byron Johnson **~

W Palmer Needham **~
IM Duane Henning ***
IM Conny Stensson **
IM Göran Andersson **~
W Danél Valijero **

F Keith Perez **~
F Roberto Rossi **

Our Keeper, Anselm Luginbühl has never earned more than 2 stars in the 8 matches he has played for us. This is not acceptable.

IM Duane Henning recieved the highest rating ever for a Sidekick at 3 stars!

Ratings wise, I was very pleased with our perfomance. Score-wise, I still don't know what happened in the 2nd half.

Code:
Team Goals Points 1. Man U Wannabes 49 - 11 23 2. RN United 28 - 4 22 3. Raging Chimbelinas 22 - 15 17 4. NE Oklahoma Sidekicks 25 - 17 14 5. Tetsaiga 28 - 22 13 6. Los Rudos 15 - 29 7 7. Kandy Kanez 6 - 34 4 8. bob killas 1 - 42 3

LAST ROUND

Raging Chimbe - RN United 1 - 1
Man U Wannabe - NE Oklahoma S 3 - 3
Los Rudos - Kandy Kanez 0 - 3
bob killas - Tetsaiga 0 - 5

NEXT ROUND

Los Rudos - Raging Chimbelinas
RN United - bob killas
Tetsaiga - Man U Wannabes
Kandy Kanez - NE Oklahoma Sidekick

After looking at the fixtures for the rest of the season, it appears as if I'm destined for no higher than #4 this season. So let the firesale commence!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:34 AM   #74
vex
Grizzled Veteran

WOW, somehow, going MOTS, dropped my team spirit all the way frrom satisfied to irritated!!!

That's a FOUR level drop!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:41 AM   #75
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Sidekicks, may I introduce you to the transfer list

First off is 25 yr old Midfielder, Duane Henning. Henning has been nothing but a positive for the team as he just garnered the teams highest ever rating at 3 stars. He is also the hihest valued player on the team at $161,000. However, the team needs money and I'm betting that someone will snatch him up at his starting price of $161,000, his value. Of not, we will lower the bid next time around. He is a very solid player.

Here is Mr. Henning:

Duane Henning (7367118)
25 years, passable form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is calm and upright.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 161 000 US$
Wage: 1 140 US$/week

Stamina: solid Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

Bid on Duane Henning here!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:47 AM   #76
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Potential Transfer #2

GK Anselm Luginbühl, while he hasn't done great for the team, he has definitely been consistant with a 2* average. He is starting out at $120,000. If Anselm ever gets his form up to passable, he will be a player.

Anselm Luginbühl (4660499)
24 years, weak form, healthy

A popular guy who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: Schweiz
Assessed value: 138 000 US$
Wage: 1 836 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: passable Goaltending: passable
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: inadequate

Bid on Anselm here!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:56 AM   #77
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Potential Transfer #3

Forward, Keith Perz. This is a guy that everyone needs to think about picking up. I am puting him on the market at $30,000 less than value. He is my star scorer. His last 3 league matches he has recieved **~ If your team needs a scoring boost, pick up Perez as his starting price is only $70,000!

Keith Perez (7367117)
28 years, solid form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

Assessed value: 101 000 US$
Wage: 940 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: disastrous

Career Goals: 6
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 6 3rd leading scorer in V.111
Cup goals this season: 0

Bid on Keith Perez here!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:02 AM   #78
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I've got 2 more players for sale, one, a winger, is almost $40,000 under market value. The other is a passable midfielder going for $20,000.

Check all of my players up for sale here!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:12 AM   #79
vex
Grizzled Veteran

What we hope to obtain from this firesale is to get enough money to aquire a solid keeper. Getting a solid keeper should put us back about $300,000, according to the US market. If I have any money left over, I will obtain a very young (17 or 18) midfielder or 2 for training purposes.

I would also like to expand the stadium, but that isn't within our financial outlook at the time.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:49 AM   #80
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good luck on the sale! I'd be interested in Perez, but he's too old to train, and scoring is what I train. That, and I just ordered 5000 seats to be added to Raider Field, to give us 21000 overall.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:08 PM   #81
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks, but if Perez was about 3 years younger, I'm not sure if I would want to get rid of him anyways.

Also, I now hope that no one feels like bidding on Henning as I have decided that he might be vital to my teams future. However, if he gets a bid or two, I certainly won't be complaining either.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:25 PM   #82
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I certainly hope the best for Perez's bidding. I'm sure you can still fetch a decent dollar for him from teams looking elsewhere for their scoring. By that I mean a team that trains say, playmaking. They'll definitely be looking on the market for a solid scorer.

Unfortunately, I have a five guys 20 and under that I train for scoring...for me I'm looking for playmakers and defenders.

I solid keeper would be nice as well.

lol
Old 02-10-2003, 10:14 PM   #83
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Right now, the chances of me getting that solid keeper are looking bleak as not ONE of my players have bid on. If I could just get the minimum bids on all of my players, I would come out with $419K, [dreams]enough to possibly get me an excellent keeper.[/dreams]
Old 02-11-2003, 11:13 PM   #84
vex
Grizzled Veteran

We are happy to announce that Duane Henning has reaced his minimum bid of $161,000.

I will post the recent results of our friendly soon, but for now, I'm playing with Supporter that I just got.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:44 AM   #85
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Meet the newest member of the Sidekicks!

Irfan Serin (8194310)
18 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: Türkiye
Assessed value: 25 000 US$
Wage: 744 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Serin should be a good trainee for us provided his form doesn't go down. We got him on our first bid of $10,000. He is the Sidekicks first native of Turkey. Once we train his playmaking some, and improve on his passing(which we will be doing the next 2 weeks), his value should go up quite a bit. He was pulled from the youth squad 3 days ago.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:34 PM   #86
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Good stuff vexroid and Anslem will make a comeback with my team and hopefully do great things. Just watch out win the FOFC cup comes back hes pretty pissed.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:34 PM   #87
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Hey, good luck with Anselm!

Right now here's the bids that have been placed:

Anselm Ludinberg: $120,000
Duane Henning: $181,000 (After thinking that he might not even get a bid)
Daniel Valiero: $48,000
Old 02-12-2003, 10:36 PM   #88
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Where are they now???

This will be a bi-weekly(maybe monthly) feature from now on.

First off is 29yr old John Hester, he was only valued at $13,000 when we sold him to Cuervos FC for $2,000. They then trained him a bit, uping his value to $18,000, then sold him 16 days later for $5,000 to a. d. riestra, an Argentinan team. His last match he received *~ stars as a central defender.

22 yr old Hal Spruill, who we sold to Dynamo Essling for $126,000 when his value was pitiful $42,000, has been trained VERY well as his value is now up to $168,000. I feel very stupid right now. He recieved ** stars in his last match at midfielder.

22yr old Timothé Villeneuve, was sold to Xcaliburs for $190,000 when he was only valued at $81,000. His last match he received **~ stars as a winger. His value is now $162,000.

30 yr old Archibaldo García was sold to AC Stingers on 1/30/03 for $8,000 and he was currently valued at $22,000. It appears as if I finally made a good move as his value is now down to $20,000. He earned *~ stars at midfield last match.

We sold 19 yr old Jeffrey Torres to Knights of Redem for $2,000. His value at the time was $13,000, it remains the same today. They are currently using him as their backup Keeper,lol. Waste of space.

Our last player is Christian Dewitt, who we sold to dreamalcohol for a whole $1,000. His value at the time was $31,000. It is now down to $29,000. He isn't even on the teams linup.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #89
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Superman=#54, if you want Anslem, you'd better hurry as 2 other teams have enterd the bidding with 10 minutes to go. He is up to $126,000.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:52 PM   #90
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Well, Anselm Luginbühl is history as he went for face value ($138,000) to Brazen Breed, who is in Houston. We collect $124 200 of that.

Duane Henning is up to $185,000 and Valijero is still at $48,000.

Keith Perez and Ned Connor still don't have any bidders, which really doesn't bother me now. However, I expect someone to try and snipe Perez.

Last edited by vex : 02-12-2003 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:17 PM   #91
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Danél Valijero was sold to blacksquid, from New York, for $60,000.

Stay tuned for Duane Henning's bid, it's VERY interesting!

Last edited by vex : 02-12-2003 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #92
vex
Grizzled Veteran

2 Spanish clubs, a Polish club and an American club have extended the bidding 20 minutes as of now!
Old 02-12-2003, 11:35 PM   #93
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Down to 2 clubs now. One guy is a sniper, the other bids immediately after the sniper.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #94
vex
Grizzled Veteran

The sniper about gives me an anxiety attack as he always bid with 2-3 seconds with on the clock.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:45 PM   #95
vex
Grizzled Veteran

The sniper(Polish) finally gave up or missed the bid as the compulsive clicker, Kyuss F.C. (Spanish) gets the Sidekicks Duane Henning for......
$350,000!!!!!!!

And we get $322,000!!!

Wow, this changes things in a major way for our club. We are thinking about looking at a excellent keeper now as we have $462,000 in the bank now. We began the day at -$35,000. Wow.

Keith Perez and Ned Connor didn't get any bidders, luckily.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:59 PM   #96
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Whatcha gonna buy? Good luck finding the solid tender because they are expensive and don't grow on trees but with $150K in the bank, that's a good downpayment on a stadium!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #97
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I've got a good Keeper lined up if no one steals him. Going for $250,000, but I'll spend MUCH more on this guy if I must.

Right now I'm looking for some young midfielders to spend that excess money on. However, if Dataking wants to trade me my namesake now...

Last edited by vex : 02-13-2003 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:58 AM   #98
DataKing
Pro Rookie

William Brown

20 years old, solid form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is fiery and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Specialty: Quick

Assessed Value: $50,000
Wage: $670/week
Warnings: 2

Stamina: Inadequate
Playmaking: Poor
Winger: Inadequate
Scoring: Poor
Goaltending: Disastrous
Passing: Poor
Defending: Passable
Set Pieces: Poor

-Regularly puts up 2 stars, 2.5 in solid or better form.
-Form hasn't fallen below inadequate since September.
-Has appeared in 3 USA Cup, 3 League, and 22 Friendly matches.

I think he will reach solid defending by the end of the season, or during the off-season, at which point I could probably sell him for around $150,000.

Bearing all this in mind, let me know what you'd be willing to pay and I'll consider listing him for that amount. I cannot, however, be held responsible if a bidding war develops.

If you would rather wait until he goes to solid defending, then we can reconsider it then.

He's a good kid, and was one of my first trainees. But if the price is right, I can be persuaded to let him go.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 02-13-2003, 01:02 AM   #99
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Lets wait until he pops to solid, if that's alright. Better for me and you.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:03 AM   #100
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
Lets wait until he pops to solid, if that's alright. Better for me and you.

Fine and dandy. I'll be sure to let you know when he pops.
Allegiances:
Awards: