Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #51
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
The first run of PS3s were backwards compatible with PS2. Not sure why they changed it.

Made the unit more expensive to produce - they basically put PS-2 chips into the unit to make it compatible, removing them help to allow them to reduce the price (which they deemed more 'useful' than retaining compatibility).

If you look in Gamestop you might be able to pick up a second hand unit which is backward compatible - thats what I did when I picked up mine.

Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #52
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Well bumping this up.
We ended up not getting him a console at all for Christmas, then today he took money he had been saving shopping wih his grandma, and bought himself a 360...guess he made the choice.

Now Im trying to play catch up and see if he actually bought the right thing. He bought the arcade version that as far as I can tell has no hard drive, now trying to figure out if that is needed befoe I let him open it.

Thoughts?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I would recommend getting a hard drive for it. That allows for downloads and installing to hard drive for your most active games.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #54
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

But would we be better buying a hard drive or returning the "arcade" version and getting the "elite" etc.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #55
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Elite is the way to go. Unless you can find a reasonably priced used hard drive.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #56
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Elite is the way to go. Unless you can find a reasonably priced used hard drive.

+1
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #57
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

+1

Never checked te hard drive prices for the 360 and have been satisfied with the Elite.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #58
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

+ 1

I've an elite and it rocks

(although if he's bought the console himself I'd suggest leaving it with the one he's got and buying the add-on drive, yes it might be a bit smaller (don't know for sure, but used to be) - BUT he chose the system he has and with a lot of kids thats an important factor to bear in mind ... it might feel a bit of a put down if you just take it away and replace it with something else, you know him better than me obviously but something to consider).

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 12-30-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #59
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
+ 1
BUT he chose the system he has and with a lot of kids thats an important factor to bear in mind ... it might feel a bit of a put down if you just take it away and replace it with something else, you know him better than me obviously but something to consider).

Thanks for the thought, but I am not as concerned there.
For one he is only 9, and also we are very open and communicative, if I tell him I think he needs the Elite version and I'll cover the difference I think he'll be happy. But I'll be sure to make it a suggestion and let him choose....
Old 12-31-2009, 12:33 AM   #60
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hard Drives are pretty damn cheap on craigslist, often times making the Arcade + HD cheaper then an elite. and therefore you would be saving money and not losing anything. Arcade's have everything the elites have now adays - HD cord (but still have the port) and the black color.

more then likely you can get Arcade + HD for under 250.

I got mine for under $220 but I'm not sure you can find a deal like that often...

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-31-2009 at 12:35 AM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 AM   #61
DanGarion
Coordinator

If you have a Xbox 360 and are looking to upgrade your hard drive but don't feel it's worth the ripoff that Microsoft tries to do to you, I highly suggest to check out usafa777 on Ebay
eBay Seller: usafa777: Computers Networking items on eBay.com

I got a 120 GB drive through him and it has worked flawless for a month so far.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:22 AM   #62
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
If you have a Xbox 360 and are looking to upgrade your hard drive but don't feel it's worth the ripoff that Microsoft tries to do to you, I highly suggest to check out usafa777 on Ebay
eBay Seller: usafa777: Computers Networking items on eBay.com

I got a 120 GB drive through him and it has worked flawless for a month so far.

Ive got to do more research apparentl, how is this better than say: Buy Xbox 360 Hard Drive 120GB