Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #51
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Do you happen to have a case of Quaker State, ball bearings and gauze pads handy? We can take of this real quick.
Outstanding, Dr. Rosen Rosen.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #52
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Whatever you decide to do, charge it to the Underhills.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #53
Buzzbee
College Starter

Pave your yard. No more trenches. No more mowing. Problem solved.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #54
RendeR
Coordinator

You know those concrete dividers they use on the highway? you can buy those at a pretty decent price from the DOMV, call them up, buy however many you need to blockade your yard (and yes, when you get them placed make sure they straddle the property line) then plant small shrubs/trees which are prone to growing like vines over obstacles. in time they will overgrow the blocks and you'll have a formidable and beautiful yard protection.

if they hit THAT with their cars, they'll be crying over their destroyed vehicle and its no-one's fault but their own.

I've seen this work. not sure what it would cost to have the blocks delivered though, but check into it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #55
Loren
High School JV

havent you filed police reports on the damage? and contacted your home insurance? having worked at the city i also know you can contact the city or county's planning and zoning office(or just city hall, they forward it to the appropriate dept, this would be p&z and police dept and maybe streets)and report the neighbors for what they're doing, they SHOULD actually do something about the report, I used to process citizen reports, its amazing what people would call to complain about and what the city actually ok'd to cover...if the landlord says its not his reponsibility you can call and put in a complaint about him, it IS his responsibility since its his property, hell you dont even have to leave your name unless you're looking for compensation...
Old 06-02-2005, 08:10 PM   #56
johneh
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
havent you filed police reports on the damage? and contacted your home insurance? having worked at the city i also know you can contact the city or county's planning and zoning office(or just city hall, they forward it to the appropriate dept, this would be p&z and police dept and maybe streets)and report the neighbors for what they're doing, they SHOULD actually do something about the report, I used to process citizen reports, its amazing what people would call to complain about and what the city actually ok'd to cover...if the landlord says its not his reponsibility you can call and put in a complaint about him, it IS his responsibility since its his property, hell you dont even have to leave your name unless you're looking for compensation...

The damage to the fence is far less than my home owners deductible.
I haven't talked to the police directly, but my neighbor is a cop and since I don't have proof of which neighbor hit the fence it will just be "he said -she said".

My main concern is stopping future damage. Right now to repair it I just need to buy two planks and some paint - so I'm probably looking at $30 max to fix it.
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #57
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Here is a pic of what I was thinking of:

You can use chain like in the picture, but I'd prefer some heavy gauge steel pipe, or better yet, solid steel bars.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #58
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Outstanding, Dr. Rosen Rosen.

Better than a Dr. Rosenpenis reference

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #59
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
Here is a pic of what I was thinking of:

You can use chain like in the picture, but I'd prefer some heavy gauge steel pipe, or better yet, solid steel bars.

I like it. Ugly, yet ugly at the same time.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #60
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Ok, if they are parked on your property, have them towed. It's quite easy, actually. Just make sure you post a sign that says "no trespassing/parking, violators will be towed." Then when they park, call a private tow company. They love doing this because they get the money from the violator when he tries to pick up their car. They also don't take shit from people when they're hooking them up, or when people try to get their cars. In preparation, you may want to call a tow company in advance to set things up, and get any other advice you can from them. There you go. Quite easy. Even if you have to pay the tow company yourself out of your pocket the first few times, it will be worth it, and cheaper than the other suggestions you are getting. Just be prepared for some potential backlash from the parkers. You may want to consider lying to them if they complain and say you rent too, and it must be the "landlord" who's calling the tow company.

Your also allowed to call the police about trespassers, but they won't be too enthused about such petty stuff.

Finally, threaten to sue the landlord, he is responsible for the conduct of all invitees on his property (his tenants or their guests). Then take him to small claims court for the hell of it for the damage.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #61
Flasch186
Coordinator

DO NOT call your home owner's indurance company. Many times after so many claims they will cancel you and that makes it all the more difficult to regain insurance from someone else.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #62
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
DO NOT call your home owner's indurance company. Many times after so many claims they will cancel you and that makes it all the more difficult to regain insurance from someone else.
Good advice. Never make a claim on your homeowners policy unless it is big.
Castlerock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #63
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Your insurance may make a note even if you just call for advice. I too would advise against this.

Quote:
The all time best is is when I noticed the police sitting in the next driveway from the duplex while the woman in one of the units was rapidly throwing everything she could into the back of her car. Of course after a few minutes the drunk neighbor comes home, the cops pull in behind him & start talking to him - but he decides to push the cops and try to go in the unit to see his girlfriend - It's fun to see how fast & hard two cops can take down a drunk idiot
and cue the dueling banjos. I guess we can rule out getting tough with this guy. If he is willing to push the police then he is probably not going to respond well to aggressive actions from you. i still think the pressure point is the landlord. Although you could try to reason with the drunk hillbilly.

Last edited by judicial clerk : 06-03-2005 at 11:43 AM.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #64
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
Your insurance may make a note even if you just call for advice. I too would advise against this.

Thats exactly what happened to my parents and then they got cancelled a month later. They called to ask if something was claimable and the company said, "no". then canned them. I was/am so pissed about that.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #65
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
Thats exactly what happened to my parents and then they got cancelled a month later. They called to ask if something was claimable and the company said, "no". then canned them. I was/am so pissed about that.

this is also illegal, but is covered up well by the insurance companies.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #66
johneh
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
and cue the dueling banjos. I guess we can rule out getting tough with this guy. If he is willing to push the police then he is probably not going to respond well to aggressive actions from you. i still think the pressure point is the landlord. Although you could try to reason with the drunk hillbilly.

Actually he moved awhile ago (of course only to be replaced by another hillbillie). It was fun after he got hauled away too - we got to count the number of days until his van showed up again (it was towed by the cops), it was 23 days after the incident before we saw the van again.
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote