Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #51
Jon
High School Varsity

Thank you Santa for the awesome air hockey table. It will make work more enjoyable.

(And I apologize for not posting sooner, I've been dealing with some major health problems the last few weeks and haven't been able to post)

Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:46 PM   #52
Izulde
Head Coach

So, funny thing about my Secret Santa... got to my parents' and my mom says there's two boxes waiting for me. Okay, cool. First gift is the Exploding Kittens card game, which looks hilariously fun, and will be great for my Magic/Cards Against Humanity/Munchkin crowd I hang out with.

Then I look at the second box, and see two VistaPrint boxes. I'm thinking work somehow found out my parents' address and sent my business cards to me (Mine was supposed to be in the initial order, but there was a mixup and they never arrived).

Imagine my hilarity when it says "Izulde Jestor (Note: it said my actual name, but in the interests of privacy and all that) - That Guy - Writer, Professor, Public Relations Director - Not A Comedian - and then my personal email address below.

I laughed my ass off for a good 20 minutes. Those are *awesome*. I've already given my parents each one, and thank you to whichever of my FOFC Facebook friends is my Secret Santa, because one of y'all are the only ones who could have spotted that Not A Comedian line to include. Can't wait to show the coworkers them.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:48 PM   #53
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

Apologies to the person I'm SS for. Things were so hectic the last few weeks, that I literally did not get time to even sit down and devise something today. Your gift will come in three separate packages - one before Christmas, one before New Year's, and the last TBD due to backorder status, but all three gifts go together.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #54
MacroGuru
Coordinator

And I got my SS gift last night. FOF7 from Steam. I haven't upgraded, never saw the need with me traveling and not having time. Now I am home, I have the time, it's gonna get used!

Thanks Secret Santa!
Old 12-22-2015, 11:31 PM   #55
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thanks for the Mizzou pint glasses, Secret Santa!!!!!
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #56
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So, funny thing about my Secret Santa... got to my parents' and my mom says there's two boxes waiting for me. Okay, cool. First gift is the Exploding Kittens card game, which looks hilariously fun, and will be great for my Magic/Cards Against Humanity/Munchkin crowd I hang out with.

Then I look at the second box, and see two VistaPrint boxes. I'm thinking work somehow found out my parents' address and sent my business cards to me (Mine was supposed to be in the initial order, but there was a mixup and they never arrived).

Imagine my hilarity when it says "Izulde Jestor (Note: it said my actual name, but in the interests of privacy and all that) - That Guy - Writer, Professor, Public Relations Director - Not A Comedian - and then my personal email address below.

I laughed my ass off for a good 20 minutes. Those are *awesome*. I've already given my parents each one, and thank you to whichever of my FOFC Facebook friends is my Secret Santa, because one of y'all are the only ones who could have spotted that Not A Comedian line to include. Can't wait to show the coworkers them.

Hey, it says, "The Guy".

Seriously, though. I was so excited to see what you thought of it I couldn't wait for you to get it. I'm so happy you like it. I want to keep hearing how you are using them and what reaction you get to them.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 04:30 PM   #57
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

From my Secret Santa, thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20151224_162422-01.jpeg (663.0 KB, 65 views)
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #58
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Oh and thanks for the 2nd coloring book Secret Santa!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #59
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Thanks for the Mizzou pint glasses, Secret Santa!!!!!

You're welcome! Bottoms up
Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #60
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Colored Pencils! Most unexpected, thanks SS!
Now who the hell are you? ��
Old 01-08-2016, 01:53 AM   #61
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeaaaah. The colored pencils were backordered forever, because of how popular adult coloring books were this holiday season. (I got one of my BFFs one too, after she posted about wanting one for dead time at work - then discovered she didn't have the patience for them )

But I thought it'd be kind of cool anyway to have three part gifts, given two were backordered. Hope y'all have been enjoying them.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #62
MacroGuru
Coordinator

To my giftee....I was just informed of the severely back order of the item and the chances are it will be a while before they will have it in stock.

They are refunding me my money and I will be getting you something else.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #63
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
To my giftee....I was just informed of the severely back order of the item and the chances are it will be a while before they will have it in stock.

No worries, my friend! The book you got me looks like it'll be a great read!

Back orders happen. You are more than good!

[img]http://www.eerdmans.com/Handlers/ResizeImageHandler.ashx?ImageUrl=~%2fContent%2fSite146%2fProductImages%2f9780802868404.jpg&Width=235[/img[

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-16-2016 at 10:32 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:34 PM   #64
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

No worries, my friend! The book you got me looks like it'll be a great read!

Back orders happen. You are more than good!

Quote:
In this provocative book Theo Hobson addresses the current crisis of liberal Christianity. In past years liberal Christianity challenged centuries of authoritarian tradition and had great political influence. It played a major role in the founding of the United States and gave rise to the secular liberalism that we take for granted. But liberal Christianity today is widely dismissed as a watering-down of the faith, and more conservative forms of Christianity are increasingly dominant. Can the liberal Christian tradition recover its influence?

Hobson puts forth a bold theory about why liberal Christianity collapsed and how it can be reinvented. He argues that a simple revival is not possible, because liberal Christianity consists of two traditions -- a good tradition that must be salvaged and a bad tradition that must be repudiated. Reinventing Liberal Christianity untangles these two traditions with a fascinating survey of Christian thought from the Reformation to the present and, further, aims to transform liberal Christianity through the rediscovery of faith and ritual.

Seriously interesting stuff, which I have been asking myself. So, also, very timely indeed!