Wear it only in the front 25 16.78%
Never wear it 2 1.34%
No real consistency to when I wear/don't wear one 10 6.71%
Trout don't need seat belts 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #51
Buccaneer
Head Coach

By the way, in case someone accuses me of being a libertarian hypocrite; I don't give a damn what the law says or doesn't say. We wore seatbelts before it become a law because it's common sense and a personal responsibility thing, to yourself and your loved ones.

Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #52
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I fall into an in-between zone. I always wear it in the front seat. In the back seat, I usually wear it, unless it's a particularly small back seat. If the backseat is small enough that I've got my knees in my chest, I will sometimes forgo it.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #53
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I chose the honest answer of "No real consistency"
I usually wear it wherever I am sitting (though I can not remember the last time I sat in a back seat, it has been years...and that was probably a limo)
I agree that it is a no brainer decision. But the truth is I often find myself hours form home and realize I never put it on. I always put it on when I think about it, and it is such a simple thing to do, but I honeslty frequently forget about it.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #54
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

If I'm the only person in the back seat of a smaller car I won't buckle up. I'm 6'5'' and I'd rather stretch my legs in that situation (though this situation hasn't actually occurred in years). Otherwise I always wear one, even on short trips at low speeds.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #55
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I always wear mine and I think it is wrong for there to be a law that makes people wear one. drawing the line in a grey area, I do think it is good for government to make a law that requires manufacturers to include seat belts in all vehicles sold.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #56
korme
Go Reds

A law that isn't enforced shouldn't be a law. I am not saying it is a good thing that it's not strict, but I've definitely been next to cops and did the 'lay back and pretend I have the belt on' maneuver 1,000 times and never once even had a scare that I was going to be pulled over. I'm not saying that's great - I wish I wore my belt more, but it's definitely a ghost law.

Last edited by korme : 02-27-2012 at 01:06 AM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #57
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Yes. Please wear them. I am have lost friends because of them not wearing theirs.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #58
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
A law that isn't enforced shouldn't be a law. I am not saying it is a good thing that it's not strict, but I've definitely been next to cops and did the 'lay back and pretend I have the belt on' maneuver 1,000 times and never once even had a scare that I was going to be pulled over. I'm not saying that's great - I wish I wore my belt more, but it's definitely a ghost law.

In some states, it's a secondary offense meaning it can't be the sole reason to pull someone over.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #59
JediKooter
Coordinator

Seat belt wearing does actually have data to support that they save lives and reduce injuries. I wish my cousin was wearing a seat belt when he went flying through the windshield and head first into a tree. After that happened, my dad made me promise him that I would always wear my seat belt and I have kept that promise to this day.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #60
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've gotten well past the point where if I'm not wearing a seat belt, it feels weird, like I'm floating in the seat or something. It just feels unnatural.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #61
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I always wear mine and I think it is wrong for there to be a law that makes people wear one. drawing the line in a grey area, I do think it is good for government to make a law that requires manufacturers to include seat belts in all vehicles sold.

+1

Have always worn mine and it doesn't feel right if I don't have it on (in the front seat, in the back seat it doesn't feel right to have one on; though I am rarely in a back seat anymore).

I think there should be a law top require seatbelts to be in all vehicles sold.

I think it is okay to have a law that people under 18 must have a seatbelt on or the adult in the car will be ticketed.

I don't think there should be a law that says adults have to wear them, that is over the line of what a government should do. (It's stupid to play football without wearing a cup, that doesn't mean there should be a law)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #62
spleen1015
Coordinator

If you don't wear a seat belt, you're an idiot.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #63
SportsDino
College Prospect

The problem with most people is they won't admit the idiocy of it because they are inconsistent or have foolish habits. They can't admit their an idiot, so hence they are not an idiot, and they rail against everyone else.

I forget my belt (although rare because it feels weird without it)... I call myself an idiot, buckle up, and continue on with my day. That is a basic component of intelligence, learning from your mistakes fool.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #64
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It - Yahoo! News ?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote