Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #51
SnDvls
Pro Starter

(Announcer, Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome to the stage our next set of presenters; from TV’s Survivor Jeff Probst and from TV’s The Amazing Race Phil Keoghan)

Jeff: Well Phil I think it’s kind of fitting that us reality hosts are presenting this next award for best Real Life Dynasty.

Phil: These five writers ran the gambit of real life and allowed us all to peek into what they were actually going through much like our shows do….just without out the creative editing.

Jeff: And sometimes reshoots to get the right camera angle.

Phil: True.

Jeff: Let’s get to the nominees in order from year started. From way back in 2006 Izulde’s Grad School Quest: An RL Dynasty by Izulde
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=55646
Izulde takes us through the process of deciding on a Grad School from the very beginning he gets very detailed in his process of narrowing down his school choices which started at a whopping 107 options to finally a top 3 that shuffled schools in and out. There was even a year gap in the dynasty with an update.

Phil: Our second nominee came from 2008. My campaign for Mock President by PurdueBrad
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=68681
was PurdueBrad’s quest to gain the title of “President” at the high school he teaches at. This humorous tale takes us along for the ride from fundraising, to picture posing, to shaking students hands to win their vote.

Jeff: Our third nominee is from 2009; From beginning to end : Starting my own business by Mustang
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=73677
Mustang’s journey takes us through his quest to find a building to move his online only business to.

Phil: Our final nominee from 2009, but not our final in this category is; Welcome to the Real World by illinifan999 http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=74844
Illinifan999 takes us on a quest of entering the law enforcement field. As of the awards ceremony this dynasty is still active and had an update not too long ago.

Jeff: Our final nominee for Real Life is; The ultimate Jedi trial...dating by JediKooter http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=76282
JediKooter takes us on a personal tale of his dating exploits delving into his rating system of women to the actual date and follow ups.

Phil: First we’d like to thank all of the nominees for sharing a little of their personal lives with us all here at FOFC. It’s very hard to open up to so many strangers and let us all have a peek into a world that isn’t ours and open ourselves up to criticism from strangers.

Jeff: Okay Phil enough of the mushy stuff on to the winner. Someone's Golden Scribe tourch is about to be snuffed. I’ll open the envelope….

Phil: Wait I have the envelope with the winner in it. Someone is the last dynasty writer to check in.

Jeff: How can that be? I have the official envelope with the winner in it. It was given to me just prior to coming out here by the producers.

Phil: Don’t know who you got yours from, but the producers gave me mine in the green room.

(Just then Ryan Seacrest appears from backstage and makes his way to the mic. Both Jeff and Phil are shocked to see him.)

Ryan: Sorry I’m late fellas. I was having a meeting with my production team on a new Kardashian show involving a yet to be born, unnamed child that may or may not be born in the next 3 to 5 years for a reality show on E! Have we read the nominees yet?

Phil & Jeff (in unison): YES!

(Ryan pulls from his jacket a gold envelope)

Ryan: Well then the winner of the Golden Scribe for Real Life Dynasty is…….

Jeff: Wait!!!

(The three reality hosts have a brief conference together before all three approach the mic.)

Phil, Jeff, Ryan: And the winner is……..

A three way tie!!!!

Izulde's Grad School Quest: An RL Dynasty
The ultimate Jedi trial...dating
Welcome to the Real World

SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #52
path12
Coordinator

Next up, to present the award for Football: Other is none other than Rex Ryan and Joe Theismann!

Joe: Nice to be here, I know it’s a big thrill for you all. Sort of reminds me of being inducted into the College Hall of Fame. There are some people who aren’t used to being in front of adoring crowds, luckily I have lots of experience in front of them so I know just how big an event this is for you.

Rex: I’m glad to be here as well, Joe. The only thing that would excite me more is the thought of some pretty toes in a strappy little sandal grinding their heel into Belichick’s temple. *long pause* Uh………..where was I?

Joe: Here with me, Rex. Let’s get to the nominees, I know they’ll be thrilled to have me announce them. First off we have MAXIMUM DYNASTY: A MAXIMUM FOOTBALL MAXIMUM DYNASTY by Desmond, complete with beer tent. Personally Rex, I thought I would be more prominent in this particular dynasty and was a bit disappointed with the performances of the quarterbacks, who frankly just didn’t seem to have the zip on the ball that I demonstrated in a long and successful career. But then, they did have the beer tent.

Rex: Uh, yeah. Next up is a dynasty that I can get my toes into: R! U! A Rutgers NCAA '09 Dynasty by Jetsin06…….though let’s update that name to JetsIn11, son, unless you’re looking for a boot in the ass. Speaking of boots…..

Joe: OK Rex, let’s get back to primetime as I introduce our next nominee: GO VOLS!: A RL Youth Football Dynasty by Poli. That takes me back to my 1983 MVP selection, boy, what a year I had! Almost as good as I was during our Super Bowl win! Y’know, young quarterbacks these days could learn an awful lot by watching those old performances of mine. The kids today just don’t seem to have the same knack for the game as we did.

Rex: Uh, yeah. Whatever, Joe. Our next nominee is: Super Bowl Era World Cup by EagleFan. EagleFan? What the hell is this? Not exactly putting your best foot forward there, pal.

Joe: Our final nominee is 2009 College Football World Cup by molson! Y’know, that reminds me of when I single-handedly led Notre Dame to number two in the nation back in 1970. You may remember that I was All-America that year as well as a Heismann finalist, some of the first awards of many many many to come. As you know I’m a modest man but I’d go so far as to say that the selection of Jim Plunkett was one of the most boneheaded decisions ever, but I think time has shown that to be an absolute fact and so there’s no need for me to point it out.

Rex: And I am happier than a room full of barefooted models to announce that the Golden Scribe goes to:
goldenscribe.png
EagleFan for Super Bowl Era World Cup! Change that name to JetsFan and we’ll get along just fine....

Last edited by path12 : 01-23-2011 at 12:06 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, thank you. Kind of surprised since it has been taking forever to get through.

Maybe I'll change the name to JetsFan.... or JetFan (damn those esses) for the Super Bowl...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #54
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Congrats to everyone who has won so far...the interest for this has been amazing and seeing some new dynasties pop up has made this more than worth it!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wow, thank you. Kind of surprised since it has been taking forever to get through.

Maybe I'll change the name to JetsFan.... or JetFan (damn those esses) for the Super Bowl...

Or maybe not.

Thanks everyone! I'm stunned and flattered by the three-way Golden Scribe for Real Life.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #56
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Or maybe not.

Thanks everyone! I'm stunned and flattered by the three-way Golden Scribe for Real Life.

That's 2! How many can you take home?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #57
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to Izulde (again), JediKooter, and illinifan999- they were all good reads at different aspects of real life. Actually, all of the nominees were that. Also, congrats to EagleFan in another close and varied category.

Categories for tomorrow are as follows:
Werewolf - sterlingice
Other - MacroGuru

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #58
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Izulde's wracking them up!

By the way, thank you very much for the TCY nomination, all!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #59
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thankfully I don't have to carry through with that promise.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #60
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Golden Scribe Presentation for Werewolf

Announcer: For the 2011 Golden Scribes, we have reunited the famous movie monsters of old. So please, put your hands together for Bela Lugosi (Dracula), Boris Karloff (Frankenstein), and Lon Cheney Jr (Wolfman).

Boris Karloff: "Back in my day, we knew how to scare people. But now monsters just aren't scary like they used to be."

Bela Lugosi: "Vampires are the worst. Sure, Blade was pretty dark but he didn't suck blood and was only a half vampire. The most popular ones seem to be oversexed decadent vampires- Tom Cruise, True Blood, that stupid show on ABC. And don't even get me started on glittery vampires."

Lon Cheney Jr: "Sparkly."

Bela Lugosi: "Whatever."

Boris Karloff: "Modern audience's can't even be bothered to remember that my name is not Frankenstein. I'm actually Frankenstein's monster. Frankenstein was my creator. I haven't been too badly portrayed, tho, as history goes on. Sure there have been some ups and downs but the only one that really grates on me is Saturday Night Live. Phil Hartman is one of the most versatile and talented actors of his generation and all I get is 'FIRE BAD!' I'm a classically trained actor not some one trick buffoon."

Lon Cheney Jr: "The Wolfman used to be one of the big three of terror. But now werewolves have become the lower class mongrels to the erudite vampire caste."

Lon Cheney Jr: "It could be worse. We could be the Invisible Man. That guy has long been forgotten. He's like a walking Werewolf post"

*all nod their heads sagely*

Boris Karloff: "And now for the nominations for best Werewolf dynasty"

Quote:
Werewolf XLI - Apocalypse Awakens by hoopsguy

The Dungeon by Abe Sargent

WW XCIII - Mine Wars - Battle of Blair Mountain by Abe Sargent

Werewolf XXV: A long time ago... by saldana

WW LXXXIII Marvel Universe by hoopsguy

Lon Cheney Jr: "Two different writers, Abe Sargent and hoopsguy, both had two nominees each. And the winner is..."

Lon Cheney Jr: Abe Sargent for The Dungeon.

Bela Lugosi: "A very deserving winner from an underappreciated category."

*The quartet exits offstage to "Monster Mash"*

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-24-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whoo-hoo - thanks all!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #62
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I know we don't do acceptance speeches (and thank goodness for that), but I did want to say thank you to everyone for resurrecting the Golden Scribes, and obviously to those who votes for me as well.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #63
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome astute author and game creator, well it's not really him, it's his spirit..........Gary Gygax!

{What can only be called as an apparition, like Nearly Headless Nick from the Harry Potter movies, floats onto the stage...he speaks and what can only be called raspy....painful to the ears...a voice echo's through the music hall}

Gary: Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I was asked...well rather...coerced via séance to do this....and the only reason I accepted is...someone told me they had used a spell on me...and I am to do their bidding...

{With this, Gary lifts his arm and points it to Abe}

Gary: I was told it was...you!

{Abe looks around and is rightly confused as he has no idea what Gary is talking about}

Gary: In what could only be called stacking the deck, Abe has complete control on this years Others category...

Our nominations are:

2007, EUIII - The Naxos Campaign by Abe Sargent

One Kai Left: The Lone Wolf Dynasty by Abe Sargent

The BattleTech Dynasty by Abe Sargent

{Gary turns and looks incredulous to the off stage crew}

Gary: Really, it's like he was playing with a loaded D20...how is this fair? It's kind of like the rest of the industry dealing with Wizards of The Coast and their monopoly on card games.

The D&D Dynasty: The Path of Alzar the Mighty

Gary: Oh look, someone else besides Abe...

The Beautiful Girl and the History Class (CK) by Izulde

Gary: All of these dynasties were great reads, reminds me of the time when Gord the Rouge...what? Oh, ok...I will move it along...

Ladies and Gentlemen....your winner for the category of Other is no other than.....

The Beautiful Girl and the History Class (CK) by Izulde

AND

Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #64
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to Abe and... Abe. Abe with 6 nominees and 2 wins today. And I think Izulde managed to get another piece of hardware somewhere along the way, too

The presentations for tomorrow are as follows:
Soccer - PilotMan
Interactive - Dark Cloud

One more day and then we get into the big awards with FOF followed by the DOY presentations.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-24-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #65
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I know we don't do acceptance speeches (and thank goodness for that), but I did want to say thank you to everyone for resurrecting the Golden Scribes, and obviously to those who votes for me as well.

We don't? I'm all for any participation we can get

SI

Old 01-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #66
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Whoo-hoo - thanks all!!!

Congrats Abe! Right dynasty writer, wrong dynasty! (I voted for the mine one)

Glad you won, although all of the nominees were pretty awesome games.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #67
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks again everyone. I'm shocked I've gone 3 for 3 so far. Didn't think I had much of a chance against Alzar the Mighty. The Other Golden Scribe is probably the sweetest and most meaningful one to me so far, for reasons I'll go into later.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #68
PilotMan
Head Coach

{Narrator}
Coming onto the stage, a familiar face that needs no introduction, Marc Vaughan. Presenting with Marc this evening is Golden Scribe nominee, PilotMan.

PilotMan: You’ll never walk alone, up from the bottom in dis town, because Hippopotami are clueless, but Tangerines can play.

An odd introduction to be sure, but soccer, or football as it's known internationally, is quirky as well.

You know 80% of the dynasties in this category come from the company known as Sports Interactive or SI. The producers of the Football Manager series of games. For those of you who don’t know, FM, as it’s known in nerd land is the best game of all time. Not only the best text sim, but simply the best game.

Given that quality, it’s not hard to understand why this category is filled with great dynasties from FM. We are fortunate to have with us, one of the men responsible for this brilliant game, FOFC’s own Marc Vaughan.

Marc Vaughan:
‘alo chaps and lasses.

PM: Marc tell us why Football Manager is such a great game.

MV: Bollocks! I forgot my Guinness.

PM: Excuse me?

MV: Just a sec. {and then mumbles something unintelligible}

{Marc proceeds to wander around the stage looking for something}

{He wanders off stage, and a loud crash is heard}

MV: YOU CHEEKY FUCKERS BETTER GET OUTTA MY WAY! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

{audience gasps and cracks up laughing}

PM: Whoa! Marc, I think your mike is still on!

MV: GODDAMIT! Where is that pint at?

PM: Thanks Marc. We still love you, even if you do make an ARSE of yourself.

{more laughter erupts}

PM: The other game that at one time rivaled FM in popularity was a little game called Hattrick. Massive in scope with over 1 million online players, at one time, over 100 of them came from FOFC. Many of you may remember that time when Hattrick dominated FOFC, since then it’s time has faded, but the Houston Hippopotami have lived on. Sterlingice, and his anniversary dynasty take us back to a time when Hattrick ruled.

{cue sappy music and Hattick slideshow montage}

{From offstage we hear}

MV: Hattrick is a bloody useless game played by girls who bake cookies and wear support undergarments.

{The crowd errupts, but Sterlingice is not pleased}

PM: This year’s five nominees for the Golden Scribe for Soccer are: From 2009, Worst Soccer Dynasty Ever: Clueless on the Pitch - Eaglefan. From 2009 You’ll Never Walk Alone, Northwood DK. From 2009 Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play, Macroguru. From 2009 Houston Hippopotami: Special 20th Anniversary Thread, Sterlingice. And from 2010, FM10 - From the Bottom Up - Radii

MV: {In a mimicking girly voice} Sterlingice is a cute princess who like to play dress up in her mama’s clothes and play’s with dolls.

PM: Folks, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I think he is lost in Oz! {In his best Judy Garland} Uncle Marc! Uncle Marc! I don't think you're in England anymore!

MV: FUCK OFF YOU WANKER!

PM: Don’t make me de-knight you SIR Vaughan.

PM: This year’s winner of the Golden Scribe for Soccer is ------

MacroGuru!
for Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play !

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 01-25-2011 at 06:12 PM.
PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #69
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Next up, to present the award for Football: Other is none other than Rex Ryan and Joe Theismann!

Joe: Nice to be here, I know it’s a big thrill for you all. Sort of reminds me of being inducted into the College Hall of Fame. There are some people who aren’t used to being in front of adoring crowds, luckily I have lots of experience in front of them so I know just how big an event this is for you.

Rex: I’m glad to be here as well, Joe. The only thing that would excite me more is the thought of some pretty toes in a strappy little sandal grinding their heel into Belichick’s temple. *long pause* Uh………..where was I?

Joe: Here with me, Rex. Let’s get to the nominees, I know they’ll be thrilled to have me announce them. First off we have MAXIMUM DYNASTY: A MAXIMUM FOOTBALL MAXIMUM DYNASTY by Desmond, complete with beer tent. Personally Rex, I thought I would be more prominent in this particular dynasty and was a bit disappointed with the performances of the quarterbacks, who frankly just didn’t seem to have the zip on the ball that I demonstrated in a long and successful career. But then, they did have the beer tent.

Rex: Uh, yeah. Next up is a dynasty that I can get my toes into: R! U! A Rutgers NCAA '09 Dynasty by Jetsin06…….though let’s update that name to JetsIn11, son, unless you’re looking for a boot in the ass. Speaking of boots…..

Joe: OK Rex, let’s get back to primetime as I introduce our next nominee: GO VOLS!: A RL Youth Football Dynasty by Poli. That takes me back to my 1983 MVP selection, boy, what a year I had! Almost as good as I was during our Super Bowl win! Y’know, young quarterbacks these days could learn an awful lot by watching those old performances of mine. The kids today just don’t seem to have the same knack for the game as we did.

Rex: Uh, yeah. Whatever, Joe. Our next nominee is: Super Bowl Era World Cup by EagleFan. EagleFan? What the hell is this? Not exactly putting your best foot forward there, pal.

Joe: Our final nominee is 2009 College Football World Cup by molson! Y’know, that reminds me of when I single-handedly led Notre Dame to number two in the nation back in 1970. You may remember that I was All-America that year as well as a Heismann finalist, some of the first awards of many many many to come. As you know I’m a modest man but I’d go so far as to say that the selection of Jim Plunkett was one of the most boneheaded decisions ever, but I think time has shown that to be an absolute fact and so there’s no need for me to point it out.

Rex: And I am happier than a room full of barefooted models to announce that the Golden Scribe goes to:
Attachment 2228
EagleFan for Super Bowl Era World Cup! Change that name to JetsFan and we’ll get along just fine....

I'm kind of surprised the Vols dynasty got a nomination, but I'll take it!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #70
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hello, I am Chris the IBM Supercomputer, sister of Watson, the Jeopardy supergenius. Dark Cloud could not be here to present the Interactive Golden Scribe award, so I have been asked to do so in his stead.

We have many good dynasties to choose from the interactive category. In fact, there are so many good dynasties that I have decided to forgo all of the voting all together and instead, have chosen to select -- through my genius algorithm -- the winner of the golden scribe for interactive.

Who better than a computer to decide the winner of the Golden Scribe awards in the interactive category?

Dark Cloud emerges looking dishelved and as if he'd just been tied up in back.
Dark Cloud: Wait a minute. This supercomputer tied me up and held me hostage in the back!

Chris: I am a computer. How could I do such a thing? I have no arms. no hands. no feet. no ability to tie a human being.

Dark Cloud: Enough already. Let's just get on with it.

Chris: The nominees for best interactive dynasty are:

Quote:
X-COM: Terror from the Deep is a go!, 2009, Tasan

Google Maps Game, 2010, MJ4H

FOFC Rock Paper Scissors Tournament, 2008, MJ4H

One and Done Challenge, 2007, Quicksand, et. al.

Derby Bound -- an occasional & semi-interactive Racing Breed Dynasty, 2009, path 12

Chris: MJ4H has a mathematical probability of winning this category.

Dark Cloud: That wasn't your line.

Chris: And the Golden Scribe goes to...

Spoiler

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-25-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #71
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to MacroGuru and Tasan!

The presentations for tomorrow are below, as the big awards start:
FOF - SnDvls
DOY 2006 - Izulde

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-25-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #72
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Congrats to EagleFan and Tasan!

SI

Yeah, but not to Macro because I wasn't paying attention.

SI

j/k

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #73
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

d'oh - edited

SI

Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #74
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Whoo-hoo - thanks all!!!

saldana appears, staggeringly drunk at the back of the auditorium as Abe completes his ever so brief acceptance speech

Are yous guys seerius...the dunegun wadn't even a reel weerwolf game....i killed fort (hic)...fort (hic)...FORTY-two strait villegars...my game was a wulf shutout...i shuda wun that award!

saldana's drunken ramblings come to a halt as he passes out and falls face first over the back of one of the empty seats in the back row. the only sound that can be heard in the entire building is the voice of Pumpy Tudors saying "Who the hell was that chic?"

Last edited by saldana : 01-25-2011 at 09:25 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #75
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As a drunk saldana is draped prone over the chair Lathum slowly walks up behind him with a grin on is face. The band begins to play what sounds like 70's porn music...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #76
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Here to present the Golden Scribe award for FOF the team from the Fox NFL Sunday show, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Jimmy Johnson and Michael Strahan.

Terry: It just like the Hall of Fame isn’t it Jimmy?

Jimmy: No Terry, it’s bigger….it’s the Golden Scribe Awards.

Terry: Winning one of these here trophies must be like winning a Super Bowl then right?

Michael: Terry, it’s bigger than the Super Bowl….it’s the Golden Scribe Awards.

Howie: Terry this award has been resurrected from the dead and brought back to life.

Terry: Kinda like Bret Favre’s career?

Howie: No Terry better than the comeback.

Jimmy: Let’s get to the nominees. From 2006 FOF CFL: The Tucson Toros by Fonzie.
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=46147

Michael: Also from 2006 FOF Fixing the Dolphins: FOF2k7 Quick Dynasty by larrymcg421.
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53820

Howie: Representing 2007 FOF From 1960 On: Miami Dolphins (Yet Again!) by Izulde.
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=59111

Jimmy: Also coming from 2007 FOF The resurrection fo Barry Sanders: A FOF 2K7 Dynast by nilodor.
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=58599

Terry: And finally our last nominee, from 2010 FOF Island of Misfit Toys, Take 6.3 by Quicksand. This nominee had to win a runoff just to get placed in with the other nominees tonight.
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=77567

Jimmy: And the winner is……

Spoiler
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #77
Izulde
Head Coach

"And now, here to begin our Dynasty of the Year presentations, five time Golden Scribe winner Izulde!"

Izulde walks on stage to applause, waving and smiling at the crowd as he approaches the podium.

Izulde: Would've been six if Quiksand's Misfit Toys hadn't snuck on to Golden Scribe Island.

The crowd laughs.

Izulde: But seriously, I'm very honored to be asked to start the Dynasty of the Year awards. These are the very pinnacle of dynasties in a given year, the stories and sagas that we remember for a long, long time afterwards. Just to be nominated is a recognition that these dynasties rank among the best of the best, and as one of the greatest, not just of that year, but of FOFC lore. The winners of the yearly awards are, of course, rightly accorded a legendary status and belong in a Golden Scribe Hall of Fame, if there ever was such a thing.

And so we begin with the year 2006.

Audience member: We can't begin with 2006! You already have those in your signature!

Izulde: Err, right. I'll be changing that to 2005 after the show. In any case, it's only fitting that the previous Dynasty of the Year award winner present the next, don't you think?

In any case, the 2006 Dynasty of the Year nominees are:

A TDCB Repeat: The Steve Victory Story - aztarheel
I still remember this one from the .400 Software Studios days. It was, in my opinion, probably the single greatest TDCB dynasty ever to appear. We all read and watched as Steve Victory eventually lived up to his namesake and journeyed through the college basketball world. Its reprinting is a worthy selection.

A Journey Through Cinema History - sabotai
A truly epic undertaking, this dynasty chronicles movie history, discussing sabotai's personal reactions and ratings of each film, and, in the early years, a listing of the film's entertainment and historical impact. Still ongoing, it now enters 1930.

CFL: The Tucson Toros - Fonzie
A detailed and intimate magnum opus of an MP football franchise, this dynasty details the ups and downs of the titular Toros. Spanning 9 pages at last count, the dynasty's last post finished at the end of the 2012 regular season.

And the winner, in a landslide victory...

A Journey Through Cinema History - sabotai!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #78
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to Quiksand. Wasn't even in the first four nominees but won the category pretty handily. Sabotai with the first DOY for 2006.

The presentations for tomorrow are as follows:
DOY 2007 - path12
DOY 2008 - molson

Just 2 more days left for the show. Thanks to everyone for the views and participation

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-26-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #79
path12
Coordinator

Back from the latest break. Cee-lo’s “Fuck You” starts up over the speakers as our next presenter walks out………Ricky Gervais, drink in hand. He’s obviously already had a few.

“Greetings nerds and geeks. Jesus, kind of a motley lot, aren’t you? I haven’t seen a crowd this sloppy since……well, Sunday. Paz de la Huerta had her own Boardwalk Empire if you know what I’m saying.

Anyway, sterlingice and macroguru have come out of their bathroom stall long enough to hire me to present the award for the, uh, *squints at teleprompter* Dynasty of the Year for 2007. Keeping it current I see. Well, there was no way I was going to actually read this stuff myself but I did arrange to have that original idiot Karl Pilkington check out the nominees for me. They are:

Radical Baseball (OOTP2007) by Dark Cloud.

Karl: “Sounded sommat like cricket, dinnit? I didn’t get it.”

Total Extreme Wrestling: WCCW 1983 by molson.
Karl: “I thought it was supposed to be 2007, right? Seems like he lied from the start. I didn’t get it”.

College Hoops 2k8: A New Challenge by EaglesFan27.
Karl: “I don’t really know what any of this means. Confusing to a regular bloke I think. I didn’t get it”.

Well, that’s what I get for giving a moron a job. Just like Steve Carell, that ingrate. OK then, let’s get this done so I can get back to the bar…….the Golden Scribe goes to:
goldenscribe.png
Total Extreme Wrestling: WCCW 1983 by molson! Now piss off, the lot of you. See you next year.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #80
molson
General Manager

Announcer: Ladies and Gentleman, once again, Bob Saget, and Dave Coulier!

Saget: The year was 2008.....History was made in the White House, the Giants shocked the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl, and America faced its 18th year without Full House. The nominees for 2008 Dynasty of the Year are....

Coulier: Hold on, that's the setup? I didn't even get a line?

Saget: Well, we're running short on time, so the producers cut out our “little sailor” skit. Anyhow, the nominees for 2008 Dynasty of the year are:

Izulde, for Restoring the Glory: A Modern-Day New York Knicks Dynasty (DDS:PB)
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=65231

MJ4H, for 2008 Interactive FOFC Rock Paper Scissors Tournament
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...p?t=66319*MJ4H

Coulier: They couldn't even write anything for me for that one? I mean, the setup pretty much writes itself. Rock Paper Scissors, and my classic and beloved catchphrase, “cut it out”.

Saget: Please stop.

JetsIn06, for R! U! A Rutgers NCAA '09 Dynasty
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=66858

Saget: And the winner is....in a landslide!!!

Restoring the Glory: A Modern-Day New York Knicks Dynasty (DDS:PB)
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #81
sabotai
General Manager

Woohoo! 2 for 2. Thanks for voting everyone!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Congrats all again!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #83
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Shutout.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #84
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to molson and Izulde.

We're down to the last two today as I've got DOY 2009 and Macro closes us out with DOY 2010

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-28-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #85
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Golden Scribe Presentation for Dynasty of the Year 2009

SterlingIce: Thank you all for the opportunity to help host this year. This will kindof serve as my closing before I turn things over to my co-host, MacroGuru. I think I can speak for him in that we've been very happy with the response and it has made the work worthwhile.

On that note, it's not just been us, but we've had some great volunteers. Please, share your thanks with the presenters. Without them, this wouldn't have been possible. I know writing 4 different segments took some work but was very doable. I can't say the same if we had to write the entire show.
PilotMan
Izulde
molson
Dark Cloud
SnDvls
path12

To speak to the previous presentation, in my mind, Izulde's dynasty was the one of the best I've ever read on this board. This is nothing against any other dynasty but a testament to how good of a read I personally thought it was. It was long and it was deep- which is a very hard combination to find. Most deep ones burn people out while most really long dynasties don't have the depth of story. This had both and it was a definite page turner. It captured my attention like some of the greatest dynasties ever written like Bill Gates, X-Com, and my personal favorite, the Nebraska Blizzards. Not only that but it was sports-only and that's what makes it so unique and remarkable in my mind. It had great personalities (not just, say, Yeaton but even silly stuff like 50 Ninja), amazing rivalries (Toronto, Dallas, etc), and actually had me reconsidering how I would build a basketball team with the way the Nuggets got reformed year after year.

I don't want to just single out one dynasty, however, but I did want to use it to illustrate a point. There were so many in this process that were a treat to discover. This is, frankly, why I was happy to put in the work to revive the Golden Scribes with MacroGuru and why I think others were so willing to help out- when I find a dynasty like this- one that's a great read that I'd compare to any written on this board- well, it just goes to show that great dynasties are still being written today. I wouldn't have known this or read this if not for the Golden Scribes and I'm glad to have read all the great work on here over the past few years. Honestly, I hadn't paid the Dynasty Forum much mind over the past few years except to work on my own and that was a mistake.

If you haven't already, please read some of those great dynasties that your fellow writers have been working on. I know from experience, it's much more gratifying and easier to write if you know there's an audience. Even if it's just a "hey, I'm reading", it lets people know you're there. Those fuel the writers who are making them and encourage even more writing and better participation.

So, again, thank you all for writing and thanks to everyone for reading. And now, on with the show!

SterlingIce: "For the Dynasty of the Year 2009 Presentation, let's remember those people from 2009 who were famous for a few minutes and we might have since forgotten about."

"First, there's Chesley 'Sully' Sullenberger. Without his heroic actions, he saved the lives of over 150 people by landing a plane in the Hudson river. Let's have a big round of applause for him."

SterlingIce: "Next up is Joe Wilson, the 6 time Congressman from South Carolina. ...However he only gained celebrity status for his 'You Lie' outburst during a Presidential speech so maybe he's not the best example."

SterlingIce: "Then there's Mark Sanford, the now-former Governor of South Carolina. He was a rising political star until his dalliances in 2009. On the bright side, he did give us one of my favorite new euphemisms: 'Hiking the Appalachian trail.' "

SterlingIce: Rod Blagojevich's embarrassing rhetoric and and political shenanigans raised Illinois's batting average to .500 with 4 of their last 8 governors going to prison.

SterlingIce: And then there's Bernie Madoff whose Wall Street thievery of $65B was the most high profile of anyone who has been caught from the 2008 Financial Crisis that exploded into the Great Recession.

SterlingIce: Geez... who else is on this list.

*shuffles some papers*

Oh, man. Don't even get me started on the balloon boy or Octomom or those stupid White House party crasher morons. You know what, maybe we should have just not had 2009 at all. The economy was in shambles, there was all the political rancor about health care reform, and just look at who our fifteen minutes of fame celebrities were.

*exasperated*

You know what? Let's just claim Sully saved the plane in 2008 and just forget that 2009 even happened.

*clears throat and recomposes*

SterlingIce: Ahem. However, for FOFC, it was a different story. We made an executive decision to expand the field from 3 dynasties to 6. The number of votes for each and every one of the 6 DOY nominees for 2009 would have put them in 1st or 2nd any other year. As you can see below, they are varied and all are of excellent quality. So, without further adieu, here are the nominees:

Quote:
You'll Never Walk Alone (FM2010) - Northwood_DK's FM dynasty for Liverpool received the most nominations of any dynasty in the entire Golden Scribes show.

Quote:
NHL moves into Kansas City {EHM:2007} - duff88's EHM dynasty about the Coyotes moving to Kansas City is one of the most detailed out there as well as one of the most graphic-intensive. It was also the only Hockey nominee in the Golden Scribes.

Quote:
Welcome to the Real World - illinifan999's dynasty won a Golden Scribe for the Real Life category and is looking to add to it. It chronicles his journey from the end of college to looking for a job on the police force.

Quote:
College Hoops 2k8: 2009 Edition - One of Radii's two entries from the powerhouse basketball category. The 2009 version chronicles his rise from North Carolina A&T to Ohio to Florida State.

Quote:
From beginning to end : Starting my own business - Mustang has the second of the two Real Life category entries into the 2009 DOY category. It's an interesting look at something that not a lot of people do and the guesses for what the store was are priceless.

Quote:
Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play (FM 2010) - MacroGuru's FM dynasty following Diss Town won the Golden Scribe for soccer and, like illinifan999, is looking to add to his hardware.

SterlingIce: And the winner is:

MacroGuru and Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play (FM 2010)!

Congratulations! It's your turn to close this show out"

Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #86
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dynasty of the Year 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, your co-host...Macroguru!

Macroguru: Well ladies and gentleman, I am honestly genuinely touched to win the Dynasty of the Year for 2009 but then again, that is why we are all here.

What started as whim, just an inkling of resurrecting something that quite honestly got me into writing again and enjoying it has been great.

Then doing the research and reading all the great dynasties written over the years was inspiring. There is a lot of talent and a lot of great ideas and concepts for dynasties out there. A prime example of one of those that has me thinking is Abe's Podcast Dynasty for FM 2011. It is a focus of ingenuity and something unique that sets it apart from the others.

And that is why we do this. The dynasty of the year is for that dynasty that has wowed you for the past year. We had 3 great dynasties for 2010 that managed to get you thinking...

The D&D Dynasty: The Path of Alzar the Mighty by Abe Sargent - This is one that everyone has done at one point in their life, solo D&D play...and turned it into a great read!

Geocaching Dynasty by MJ4H - I don't think there is another dynasty out there that has managed to get people off of their duff and outside looking for little "treasure" boxes throughout.

Super Bowl Era World Cup by EagleFan - A dynasty to make you think and not only challenge history. A dynasty that will show you what happens when you match one of your top teams vs your friends top team.

Our winner is...

The D&D Dynasty: The Path of Alzar the Mighty by Abe Sargent

AND

Geocaching Dynasty by MJ4H

Congratulations to all winners during this show, we truly appreciate the amount of viewers and readers and most of all, the dynasty writers.

And thanks for provide Sterlingice and me the chance to resurrect the Golden Scribe..
Old 01-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #87
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Golden Scribes Closing

The 2011 Golden Scribes Award Show
Wednesday, January 19th thru Saturday, January 29th at Radio City Music Hall

Organizers
MacroGuru and sterlingice

Nomination and Voting Thread
2011 Golden Scribes Introduction (VOTE! Voting Ends Monday at 6PM ET) - Front Office Football Central

Please, go enjoy some of those award winners. Or go to the above nomination thread and enjoy all of the nominees. The ones that won were excellent but so were many of the ones that did not.

List of Award Winners

Baseball
Presenter: PilotMan
Blazing Glory: A RTTS Dynasty (MLB 09: The Show)
Blazing Glory: A RTTS Dynasty (MLB 09: The Show) - Front Office Football Central
2009, EaglesFan27

Wrestling/MMA
Presenter: IzuldeTotal Extreme Wrestling: WCCW 1983
Total Extreme Wrestling: WCCW 1983 - Front Office Football Central
2007, molson

Other Sports
Presenter:
MacroGuru
The C25K Dynasty (Couch to 5K)
The C25K Dynasty (Couch to 5K) - Front Office Football Central
2009, Dodgerchick
and (TIE)
The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty
The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty - Front Office Football Central
2009, DataKing

TCY
Presenter:
molson
TCY: Bear Goes Home
TCY: Bear Goes Home - Front Office Football Central
2007. beargrowlz

Media

Presenter: sterlingice
A Journey Through Cinema History
A Journey Through Cinema History - Front Office Football Central
2006, sabotai

Basketball
Presenter:
Dark Cloud
Restoring the Glory: A Modern-Day New York Knicks Dynasty (DDS:PB) - Front Office Football Central
2008, Izulde

Real Life
Presenter: SnDvls
Welcome to the Real World
Welcome to the Real World - Front Office Football Central
2009, illinifan999
and (TIE)
The ultimate Jedi trial...dating
The ultimate Jedi trial...dating - Front Office Football Central
2010, JediKooter
and (TIE)
Izulde's Grad School Quest: An RL Dynasty
Izulde's Grad School Quest: An RL Dynasty - Front Office Football Central
2006, Izulde

Football: Other
Presenter:
path12
Super Bowl Era World Cup
Super Bowl Era World Cup - Front Office Football Central
2010, EagleFan

Werewolf
Presenter: sterlingice
The Dungeon
The Dungeon!- GAME OVER!!!!!! - Front Office Football Central
2009, Abe Sargent

Other
Presenter:
MacroGuru
The D&D Dynasty: The Path of Alzar the Mighty - Front Office Football Central
2010, Abe Sargent
and (TIE)
The Beautiful Girl and the History Class (CK)
The Beautiful Girl and the History Class (CK) - Front Office Football Central
2007, Izulde

Soccer
Presenter:
PilotMan
Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play (FM 2010)
Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play (FM 2010) - Front Office Football Central
2009, Macroguru

Interactive
Presenter: Dark Cloud
X-COM: Terror from the Deep is a go!
X-COM: Terror from the Deep is a go! (Mission 17 complete and posted!) - Front Office Football Central
2009, Tasan

FOF
Presenter:
SnDvls
Island of Misfit Toys, Take 6.3
Island of Misfit Toys, Take 6.3 - and an invitation to join in - Front Office Football Central
2010, Quiksand

DOY 2006
Presenter:
Izulde
A Journey Through Cinema History
A Journey Through Cinema History - Front Office Football Central
Media, sabotai

DOY 2007
Presenter:
path12
Total Extreme Wrestling: WCCW 1983
Total Extreme Wrestling: WCCW 1983 - Front Office Football Central
Wrestling/MMA, molson

DOY 2008
Presenter:
molson
Restoring the Glory: A Modern-Day New York Knicks Dynasty (DDS:PB) - Front Office Football Central
Basketball, Izulde

DOY 2009
Presenter:
sterlingice
Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play (FM 2010)
Diss Town FC - Tangerines Can Play (FM 2010) - Front Office Football Central
Soccer, Macroguru

DOY 2010
Presenter:
MacroGuru
The D&D Dynasty: The Path of Alzar the Mighty - Front Office Football Central
Other, Abe Sargent
and (TIE)
Geocaching Dynasty
Geocaching Dynasty - Front Office Football Central
Other Sports, MJ4H

Congratulations to all the winners! A very special thanks again goes out to all of the presenters. I also forgot to mention Kodos for his help earlier, too. And a thanks to all the writers in this community. Thank you everyone for letting us host! Hope to see you again soon, not in 5 more years!

SI

Old 01-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #88
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to SI and the presenters for a job well done.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #89
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thanks guys. I was a pleasure to be a presenter and a nominee this year. Job well done!

Like Steam?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #90
Tasan
College Starter

Wow...I missed this when it came up for some reason, I loved the these in the past. Great show folks, and thanks for the nomination and thanks to all the voters for the win!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #91
JediKooter
Coordinator

Wow. I just now saw this.

I'd like to thank the Golden Scribe Academy, my peers, Charlton Heston, my fans (you know who you are), my mom and dad, and most of all, the cheating bitch of an ex wife, who without her, I would not have been able to create the thread. And congrats to SnDvls & Izulde for sharing this illustrious award.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #92
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Wow. I just now saw this.

I'd like to thank the Golden Scribe Academy, my peers, Charlton Heston, my fans (you know who you are), my mom and dad, and most of all, the cheating bitch of an ex wife, who without her, I would not have been able to create the thread. And congrats to SnDvls & Izulde for sharing this illustrious award.

You mean illinifan . I was just the presenter
Old 03-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #93
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
You mean illinifan . I was just the presenter

Ah crap, yup. illinifan, I apologize. However, great job on presenting SnDvls.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #94
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Jeez, sorry I missed this and thanks for the recognition. I appreciate anyone who took the time to read my dynasty. Thanks.

Cheers,
-Bear

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #95
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just wanted to bump this up...it's almost the end of the year and time for another Golden Scribes Award Show to come around...just wanted to get it on some of the writers radar and prepare...