Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 AM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

Evenstar is on the freshman all conference team, which allows me one more attribute point. This one seems easy enough:

charisma up to B+

Assistant Coaches:

I fire my assistant that I use for scouting and hire a new one. Bernie Washington B teaching/C+ Scouting, no better a scout but a much better teacher.

Davidson wins the Southern Conference, their coach is coach of the year, and Junior SG Curtis Annen is Player of the year with 25 points per game. The freshman of the year is a PF from Appalachain State, Daran Hurley, averaging 8 points/7 rebounds per game.

My one attribute came from getting a freshman on the freshman all conference team, Damond Evenstar with his 6 points and 2 boards a game was good enough for that award. We haven't had a 1st or 2nd teamer yet.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #52
Radii
Head Coach

Recruiting:

My top two targets sign immediately!

6'6 SF Scott Lovelace, a 2* Unranked recruit. His grades:

Shooting: C+
Skills: D
Defense: C+
Athleticism: B-
Rebounding: C+
Intelligence: C-
Potential: C-
Size: B

6'10" JC Soph PF Jaycen McNamara, a 3* recruit, though an unranked one

Skills: C+
Defense: B-
Athleticism: B-
Rebounding: B
Intelligence: B-
Potential: B
Size: A-

He scouts favorably on many of the ratings, C+ in some of the shooting categories.

My remaining open scholarship takes a bit more time. i had high hopes of signing my 3rd target, a solid looking SG who was in love with Wake Forest, but Wake hadn't offered a scholarship to him. I was his only other interested team, but Wake did offer and he's going to Wake Forest. I find a couple other targets, two low ranked guys, a SF and a Center. Neither looks great but the SF has some decent ratings and would be an ok late pickup I think.

And in the next to last week of recruiting he signs with us:

6'4" SF Robbie Radecki is ranked 788th overall and 176th among SF's.

Skills: C-
Defense: C+
Athleticism: C+
Rebounding: C+
Intelligence: C+
Potential: C
Size: B-

I have no delusions that any of these guys will come in rated over 60. Perhaps my coach who specializes a bit more in "teaching" can help these guys reach their potential? Unless I can recruit significantly better(or one of these guys is a major sleeper), I'm going to have tons of guys max rated in the low 60s in a couple seasons :/
Old 12-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #53
Radii
Head Coach

2009/2010 Preseason:

I make a few scheduling modifications, 3 games that were sure losses, I replaced with games vs Campbell, Montana, and Savannah State. I'm hoping we can get up to 15 wins this year and do a bit better.

coaching:

I followed an 11-16 season with a 9-21 season. My attributes after the small gain during the offseason:

Overall: C+
Offense: C
Defense: C
Teaching: C
Scouting: C-
Charisma: B+
Disclipline: C-

my job security is about 20% of the way full, looks like a bad sign(for those with the games, the bar is filled to underneath the 'O' in 'job').
Old 12-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #54
Radii
Head Coach

Incoming Recruits

Well, two of the 3 recruits are more of the same worthless crap I brought in last year:

SF Robbie Radecki rates 54 overall, has no shot to speak of and has no true bright spot anywhere really. His defense is rated 75 which is good to see. His potential is rated a 'D' which is worse than scouted in recruiting.

SF Scott Lovelace rates 53 overall, with F potential! He is slightly better inside , but doesn't have the defense that Radecki does. I again see no redeeming value.

HOWEVER, there is some good here:

PF Jayden McNamara, our JC recruit(thus a Junior), is rated 66 overall and actually rates to be the best player on the team. He can score inside, play acceptable low post offense and defense, is an excellent leaper(72, A- vertical) and looks to be a player that can help us immensely. I'm going to take my chances here, with Kinloch, Frey and Wilkerson we actually don't suck completely inside, so I'm going to redshirt my JC buddy here.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:57 AM   #55
Radii
Head Coach

Roster Overview

I'm pulling up everything I wrote last season to see how things compare.

Starting Lineup

Robert Mouton - SR PG - 62 overall(up 2) - decent medium range jumper, good speed. Averaged 6.6 ppg last year and 1.5 assists(despite starting at PG, hm).

Darmetreis Essengue - SR SG - 66 overall (up 3) - Averaged 8.1 ppg last year. Comparing the two, Mouton is actually a better shooter.

Mitchell Thornton - SR SF - 62 overall(up 3) Thornton looks like an average shooter all the way around, including from 3. He replaces Faye at SF and may well be a very big part of the offense. He averaged 2.5 ppg last year and was unhappy most of the time, he didn't play much.

John Kinloch - SR PF - 60 overall(up 2) - 7.7 ppg/6 rpg last year, better than that in games I played. I love this guy, despite his ratings. Excellent close range shot, average low post player.

Stephen Frey - SO C - 61 overall(up 4!) - 2.9 ppg/2 rpg off the bench last year. For a solid 15 games it seemed like he couldn't make a layup. He's got an excellent close shot, is a good low post defender but not offensive player.

We're starting 4 seniors and a sophomore, and as you'll see in the reserves, we need to have some success this year to save my ass, because I'm just not excited at all about what's coming up after these guys.

Off the Bench

Damond Evenstar - SO SG - 65 overall(up 4) - Good medium range shot, very good 3 point shot. He's a poor passer and not a great ball handler, but he has good speed. I'm wondering if I need to start him this year, or if I let the senior leadership go at it. I think I'll see how he does off the bench and if he outperforms either Essengue or Mouton he'll be on the floor. Averaged 5.7 ppg as a freshman.

Bernell Burnstein - JR PG - 62 overall(up 2) - A good passer and ball handler, and an average shooter. Decent off the bench last year, 4.3 ppg and 1.6 assists.

Harlna Wilkerson - SR PF - 58 overall - averaged 1.7 ppg last year deep off the bench. He'll be more integral this year as the primary big man off the bench, which i'm ok with. He has a good inside shot and an acceptable post game.

Donovan Robins - JR SG - 57 overall (up 1) - only gained 1 point redshirting last year. Not a good basketball player.

Lamarquis Bates - FR C - 52 overall - yea... 52... . His low post ability isn't actually horrid. But his close range shot is only 72 and he has no potential.

This just looks really grim. Recruiting 2* players doesn't seem to be where its at. Or, I need better teaching/O/D in my assistants. Most likely I just have got to bring in more talented players from the outset. The drop off here is awful in the guys I've recruited vs the ones that started out on the team.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 AM   #56
rjolley
College Starter

Nice to see a non-big man actually score a lot. This may have been ok on 2K7 on the next-gen systems, but in my leagues on the XBox, the top scorers were either PFs or Cs 99% of the time. Nice to see the big men get so much love, but it's just not realistic. And it was even more annoying since whenever I play a game, the perimeter guys would be a lot better than the post players.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #57
Radii
Head Coach

So I need to get something going for recruiting this year. I look at all the 3* recruits in the region who have 50% interest or higher in me. I have a whopping FIVE scholarships, and decide to see what I can do as far as landing just one solid 3* guy, so I start hitting these guys, and offer early scholarships to anyone with a B in shooting or better who is showing any sort of interest jump with me. I also have a fairly highly interested 2* guy who is ranked, and he gets an offer too. So after my 2nd week of early recruiting I have 5 scholarship offers out. Hopefully I'll either get a big lead on a couple of these guys, or simply just lose them in the early recruiting section.

I also decide I'm going to quick sim all games to focus entirely on recruiting until the early signing period is over:

11/9/2009: Campbell 87, Elon 69

Evenstar scores 15, Kinloch has 12 points/10 boards in this loss. Freshman Robins has 8 points.

In the 3rd week of recruiting two of my targets have scholarships offered by bigger schools and I clearly have no chance. That leaves 3 guys that I still have a prayer with, two of which are actually showing a lot of interest... enough to land in the early period, I don't know, but clearly the Charisma boost helps.

11/12/2009: Belmont 61, Elon 57

A tough loss. Its 42-38 at the half and then each team only scores 19 in the second half... Evenstar puts up 21 points, Essengue 13, Mouton 7 and its all about the backcourt.

11/13/2009: Elon 81, Montana 52

The backcourt again, Essengue 20, Mouton 14, Evenstar 16. We get some bad news in this one. Burnstein, a backup guard who provides some good minutes, is hurt and out for 45 days.

11/14/2009: Denver 71, Elon 63

Essengue 16, Evenstar 16, Thornton 14 in the loss today.

Ugh, going into the 4th week of recruiting we are in a battle for our top target. SF Adenilson Ray(who the hell came up with these names) likes us quite a bit, but he likes VMI too. We're both at about 85% on him. Its very possible he'll sign with one of us in the early recruiting period. He wants to be close to home, to feel wanted, and to get playing time... he's from Chapel Hill so maybe, possibly, we have an edge over VMI? We'll see. He's coming in for a campus visit this week.

Our second target, Pedro Barber is a 6' PG from Winston Salem. NC A&T and I are in a tough fight over this guy. He has the exact same priorities as Ray, but competing against NC A&T I may not have an edge there at all.

And our third target, our 2* guy Preston McKenzie, actually has the lowest interest in us of the 3. We're having trouble building interest which makes me wonder if its hopeless and I should drop off him. But, he doesn't have a scholarship offer from anywhere else, and we're not hopelessly behind... we just haven't jumped ahead of anyone. McKenzie wants playing time most of all, which we can offer, but 2nd he wants to play close to home, and 3rd for a big program. He's from Atlanta so we might have some issues there. None of the other schools on his list are big programs, but his #1 school is Mercer. If they offer I'm assuming the close to home thing wins out.

11/18/2009: Gardner Webb 85, Elon 70

Essengue has 17 points, Frey 11 points/7 boards, and Robins 10 points in a pretty crappy loss. Mouton fouled out in 11 minutes here.

11/23/2009: Elon 71, Furman 70

Mouton has 13, as does Robins, and Frey 10 in this one.

With just one more week before the early signing week starts, we've got Ray, our top target, up over 90% interest. VMI has a very small lead on us. this guy would have such a huge impact on our class, I can't turn back now, but I'm not real hopeful. Barber is in the 85% range and we're maybe 1 or 2 % behind NC A&T. We leapfrogged one school for McKenzie but are still behind a few others. Seems unlikely.

11/25/2009: Elon 63, Drake 55

Mouton with 16 points/7 boards, Evenstar 14, Essengue 10.

11/29/2009: UNC Greensboro 102, Elon 57

Ouch. A crushing conference loss. Evenstar has 17, Essengue 14 in the loss.

Early Signing Week: 4 guys on our target list sign immediately, but none of the ones we've offered, which seems a good thing.

DAMN. We lose Andenilson Ray to VMI at the end of the week. We don't lose anyone else but don't get any committments either.

So here's a look at recruiting now that we have 5 scholarships to carry us through to the end of the year. First off, I will definitely only offer 4 guys, lets see if we can snag a transfer with so many openings. Pedro Barber becomes our top target. NC A&T and I are both neck and neck for him, we'll likely both get him to 100% interest during the season and it'll be up to fate to see where he goes. 2* Preston McKenzie likes us a lot more now after a campus visit. We're stlil 2nd behind Mercer, so, if Mercer offers, we're toast. I'm still unsure if this means I should drop off him completely or not.

We've also made two other prelim offers, one to PF Boakai Sow(font issues, unsure on the first name), a JC Freshman PF from Charlotte. He wants playing time first, and a big program second. I'm probably going to scout some other players first before I burn visits and points on him, the 'big program' thing worries me. Another preliminary offer went to Cheyne Parada, a PF from Albany, GA, who is in the same boat as McKenzie, he's from Georgia, wants to stay close to home, and Mercer is on his list but doesn't seem to be pursuing him.

I will spend some scouting time for awhile trying to see if there's someone else with some talent that i have a shot at. I'm also focusing more heavily on finding local HS underclassmen to contact this season, something I haven't been doing in the past which has surely hurt me.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #58
Radii
Head Coach

I spend some more time on my recruits, I'm half experimenting at this point, trying to see if I can compete with High Point for a PG, they worked on him a lot but didn't sign him early, and I easily get his interest up with a couple visits, but High Point is a bigger(though not by a lot) program. I also start hitting a 3* World Recruit to see if its that easy to cherry pick them. I pretty much expect to get canned now and to be starting over, if not, I'll have learned more about recruiting.

Dec 19th, 2009 - Savannah State(2-10) at Elon(3-5)

Time to play a game finally. Our overall rating is down to 68, down another point from last year. Offensively we're at 69, Defensively 65. But our Team Unity is already 45 this early in the year, so hopefully that gives us an edge over our opponents. Savannah State is terrible(63 ovr) and we should crush them.

Well, so much for a blowout. We're down 43-40 at the half. We just play awful, awful defense. Evenstar is the offensive stud for sure, he got 9 points in the first half. Frey is looking great, with 8 points/7 boards and he is a TON better in the paint this year than he was last year. Even 'worthless' recruit LaMarcus Bates has 6 points off the bench, i'm pretty happy with him on the court as well in the post. the entire problem appears to be Savannah state shooting 7-17 from 3.

The second half starts out better, Elon goes on a 10-0 run to lead 50-43 before Savannah State scores. Kinloch goes out hurt though with 16 minutes left, unsure yet how badly he's hurt. But, the lead is short lived, and Savannah State takes the lead back by 3 or 4 for most of the second half. We get a couple Free Throws with exacxtly 2 minutes left to make it 76-75 Savannah State.

Oh jesus, a great final two minutes, a couple stops, a couple back and forth baskets, and we have the ball, down by 2, with 18 seconds to go... and Kinloch throws a random errant pass out of bounds. We lose.

The 3 point shooting did it. Savannah State was 12/36 from 3, not a great %, but 12 3s is a hell of a lot, and whenever we left them open, it killed us. We lose 85-79 to one of the worst teams in basketball.

Frey has an excellent game, 18 points and 14 boards on 8-9 shooting from the field. Kinloch puts up 12 points, and Evenstar 11.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:00 AM   #59
Radii
Head Coach

Dec 27, 2009 - Elon 67, Lipscomb 64

Evenstar scores 12, Kinloch 9 as we get another win here.

Dec 31, 2009 - Elon 88, W Carolina 71

Evenstar scores 25, Essengue 20, Mouton 16, and Robins 10 as our guards go nuts vs West Carolina.

Jan 2, 2010 - Elon (5-6) at The Citadel (3-5)

We're slightly better rated in every area, but we saw what that was worth vs Savannah State. I'm trying a couple things from a user perspective to improve on defense. In previous versions I could control just my PG and be fine. But when the guy I'm guarding goes off screen and I just hang out in the middle, or double team, etc... it creates havoc with our switching and help D. So when I'm guarding a guy and he goes off screen I'm trying to switch to another defender.

We fall behind quickly despite some slightly better D, and I make another defensive change based on an operation sports post I read yesterday.. I take everyone on the other team and set them all up to be guarded tightly instead of the Auto setting. Our defensive awareness is bad enough as it is at a crappy school with crappy players. the least we can do when our guys do figure out what they're supposed to be doing, is rush their man and get on him tight.

this seems to have a positive effect, we still give up some open 3s but far fewer than before. At least in the last part of this half... we'll see how that works out long term.

anyway, we come back and lead 43-39 at the half. Frey and Kinloch are big for us inside, with 7 and 9 points respectively, while Thornton and Evenstar both sink 2 3s and have 8 points each at the half.

In the end, its our own use of the 3 point shot that provides the dagger. We win this one 92-83, and take great advantage of Thornton and Evenstar when they can get open spot up 3 pointers, Thornton going 4-7 from 3 while Evenstar goes a bit worse 3-9. Its the big men still though that top our scoring, Kinloch has 19 points, Frey 18 on 7-8 shooting(that's only 2 misses in the last two games I've played myself for him). Thornton had 16 and Evenstar 14.

I feel a bit better about my play with the switching and the 'tight' defensive instruction. I still figure I'm probably just getting practice for the start of a new dynasty when I get fired, but maybe I'll be wrong about that

And maybe there's reason to believe I'll be wrong. After our horrible blowout loss to UNC Greensboro, we've won 3 straight conference games and are 3-1, and with the help of our easier non conference schedule, are 6-6 overall. More tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #60
Radii
Head Coach

Elon at Chattanooga

This is my first game trying out the new slider set. We've got three much tougher games after this one, so I decided to play 2 in a row. We're rated 68 overall, Chattanooga 74 overall. They have a huge edge in their offense vs our poor defense(74-65).

And the first half is rough, though the sliders didn't feel too terribly different. I did notice an improvement in the half court defense, but we suffered mainly on the fast break. They ran on us, a lot. They also ran a 2-3 zone most of the half, and we really struggle against that. I finally hit a couple 3s with Thornton and Evenstar and the second they went into man to man, Kinloch and Frey took over, cutting a 11 point lead down to 3 before Chattanooga went back into its 2-3 zone, Mouton picked up his second foul, and we had a horrid lineup of 5 backups on the court that couldn't score... Its 42-30 at the half, we trail.

Bleh. 54-33 and we quick sim this one out. We end up losing 69-52, shooting 26% for the game. The second half opening was awful, we missed 8 or 9 decent looking shots in a row. Frey was shut down(he's 7'0, but their center is 7'1"), we shot 20% from 3, just bad all the way around.

I'm going to increase shooting fouls back up a bit(i think they were lowered from 80 to 60 in this slider set). If nothing else, I am able to make up for my lack of skill by being agressive and going to the basket. There were a number of occasions where I got a man off the ground, drove to the basket and just got hammered w/ no call where at the other level those would be 2 fouls at least.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #61
Radii
Head Coach

I put blocking and shooting fouls back up to 75(though blocking is almost as rare as charging really).

1/9/2010: Davidson 84, Elon 81

A close one with Essengue as the star in a close loss to a superior team, 23 points. Kinloch has 13.

1/14/2010: College of Charleston 74, Elon 56

Mouton and essengue do what they can to keep us close, 24 and 17 points respectively, but, yeah, no chance.

1/16/2010: UNC Greensboro 91, Elon 43

Its 49-23 at the half. Evenstar scores 1/3 of our points, 16. Sheesh.

Elon (6-10) at Appalachain State(12-6)

We're outclassed bad here, but we upset them once in a big game last year, so lets see how we do. Oh yeah, i remember why we beat them. They press after most every made basket, except we're a TON faster than them. I keep taking advantage of it early and Mouton is going to score 40 if they don't stop pressing... its 22-11 with 13:36 left. Of course, Kinloch and Frey haven't missed yet either and Mouton has drained 2 open 3s, so there's a long ways to go.

We do slow down quite a bit the second Mouton comes out. Mouton is just much faster than anyone else on the floor, espicially App State's starting PG. He actually struggled more against the backup. We go up 37-20 with about 8 minutes left before allowing a 10-2 run. We finish pretty well though and lead 45-38 at the half following an App State buzzer beating 3 pointer.

Mouton is dominating the game, he has 15 points. Evenstar has 11, Kinloch 8(and 8 boards already).

In the second half App State stops the press, and they do come back and threaten, cutting the lead to 1, 61-60, with about 7 minutes to go. We go on a crushing run at that point to finish them off though, scoring 13 straight, going up 74-60, before finally winning 81-70.

We shot 50% from the field, and shot 28 free throws(shooting fouls are coming back down next game a little). The fouls on drives felt about right, sometimes scored, sometimes you get the call, sometimes you just lose the ball in traffic. But there were 3 or 4 fouls on jump shots that just seemed ridiculous. I'll find some compromise number, maybe 67 or something for shoting fouls.

Evenstar ends up as the top scorer on the game with 20 points. Mouton only gets 3 in the 2nd half, finishing with 18 points, 4 boards, and 3 steals. Kinloch(14/14) and Frey(10/11) both put up double doubles in the win.

The win has us at 7-10 overall, 4-5 in conference play. We're currently 7th in the conference and unlikely to finish any higher than 6th. The top teams seem a ton better than the rest of the league.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #62
Radii
Head Coach

Shooting fouls are lowered to 67. I'll probably leave it here for awhile and see how it goes.

1/23/2010: College of Charleston 85, Elon 78

Kinloch puts up 14 points, Essengue 13, Evenstar 11, Wilkerson 10 in this one, Elon trailed by 11 at the half and tried to make it a game but couldn't.

1/25/2010: Georgia Southern 89, Elon 88 (OT)

Tough, very tough. 1 point OT loss to the worst team in the conference. Mouton has 23, Evenstar 21, Essengue 14 in this one.

One of our recruits, Terrell Simmons, we've now reached 100% interest with. Of course, this is one I don't expect ot land, as High Point is also at 100% but I'm pretty much just experimenting right now.

1/30/2010: Elon (7-12) at Wofford (7-9)

Wofford is slightly betero overall, has a nice offensive edge on us, but not much of a defensive one. They look to be a good 3 point shooting team which worries me.

We jump out to a quick 7-2 lead and never trail though its close. Wofford was horrid from 3, they took them alright, but only hit 2 of the 14 they shot. Evenstar has a 3 and Mouton hit a couple open jumpers but Frey and Kinloch are the work horses in this one. Frey has 13, Kinloch has 8. Oh, yeah, and the overall score: Elon 34, Wofford 32.

No changes at the half, but if Wofford starts hitting 3s we could be in trouble. Oh, and some tough news. Mouton got hurt towards the end of the first half. I'm not sure if he'll be back or not, he's listed as having a 14 day duration on his injury. That's really going to hurt us.

The injury mouton definitely hurts. We give up the lead for the first time, 51-50, with 10 minutes to go. From there, both teams go cold as ice. We take the lead back and lead 59-58, trying to ice it in the last minute, when I throw an errant pass, intercepted by their SF, who leads an easy fast break and a 60-59 Wofford lead with about 30 seconds to go. Kinloch misses a post hook shot, we foul, Wofford goes up 62-59, and we can't score again.

Wofford 62
Elon 59

Frey ends the game with 13, not scoring in the 2nd half. Evenstar has 10, and Kinloch has 10. We definitely struggled in the 2nd half to put up points.

Despite the loss, this game felt really good, I think I'm starting to enjoy these new sliders quite a bit more.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #63
Radii
Head Coach

2/4/2010: W Carolina 71, Elon 54

A tough game where we get 16 from evenstar and that's about it. It was 36-18 WCU at the half.

2/6/2010: Elon 86, Citadel 61

Ahhh, there we go, a win! Mouton is a monster, scoring 27. Thornton has 14, Evenstar 11, Burnstein 11 in this one.

2/8/2010: Elon (8-14) at Chattanooga (8-14)

We got hammered vs Chattanooga the last time we played them. I'm hoping to do better this time around.

Not a good start. We fall behind 8-0 before scoring, and Frey picks up his 2nd foul 5 minutes in. We cut the lead down once, to 12-10, but they run back out ahead and we just can't do a whole lot. We have foul trouble like crazy. Kinloch, Frey, Essengue, and Mouton have 2 fouls at the half. Towards the end of the half we had an awful lineup on the court, except for Evenstar and Thornton, and worked for good jump shots basically. We made enough to keep it close, Thornton and Evenstar are a combined 6-13 from 3(3-4 for Thornton, 3-9 for Evenstar). They lead the team with 9 each. No one else has more than 5.

The second half goal is to switch it up and pound it inside if Frey and Kinloch can stay out of foul trouble. .. That plan begins to go out the window at the 19:11 mark when Frey gets foul number 3. And we just don't have it in the second half. Its a 10 point game most of the second half and some desparation towards the end allows them to stretch it a bit.

Chattanooga 76
Elon 62

The foul trouble and the lack of Kinloch and Frey just threw me completely off my game. Evenstar had 18, Thornton 13 and most of that was from heaving 3s most of the game. The two went 8-23, not bad really, but its not my game.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #64
Radii
Head Coach

2/11/2008 - Elon (8-15) at Ga Southern (2-20)

I'm trying out a new slider set that Balldog mentioned, heelsfan71's sliders with some shooting modifications on all conference. I'm still expecting to be fired and just trying stuff out the remainder of the season.

We're almost perfectly evenly matched vs Ga Southern, both rated 69 overall.

Hm, interesting half. The shooting sliders are all in the low-mid 40s and we're struggling badly here. If it weren't for turnovers we'd have the lead, but we trail 23-19 instead. Wilkerson has 6, Essengue 4, Evenstar 3, and a couple guys have 2.

We never get closer than 4, though we don't really fall out of it at any point either. I'm not sure about the new sliders yet. We shot 38%, Georgia Southern 34% on the game. The difference though is our 14 turnovers(to only 7 for ga southern) leading to way too many layups on their end.

Georgia Southern 53
Elon 49

Essengue ends up with 13, Wilkerson 11, Frey 8, Evenstar 7. The inside game was not bad, but i didn't do a good job of getting Frey and Kinloch the ball in the half court offense.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #65
Radii
Head Coach

I had an update that got erased in an accidental reboot, but, basically, its time to start over. I simmed a couple games, got destroyed by Furman in my last regular season game(allowing them to shoot 10/12 from 3 in the first half and quick simming the rest), and lost to Furman 61-59 in the first round of the Southern Conference tournament. After that I was fired and of course not offered a new job.

EF27 got fired in his first shot too so hopefully I'm just following his path in a delayed fashion

I think I improved a bit at recruiting in my last season, and will make sure my next coach completely maxxes out charisma to try to get an early recruiting edge.

anyway, that's it for this one, here's hoping for improvements next time around.