Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Thursday, December 1st, 2005
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF J. Foster to a 1-year contract worth a total of $595,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent SS H. Sugano to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 1B N. Crawford to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, November 30th, 2005
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP C. Burns to a 1-year contract worth a total of $232,500.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 3B M. González to a 1-year contract worth a total of $665,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CL L. López to a minor league contract.
Monday, November 28th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR R. Tapper to a 4-year contract worth a total of $8,340,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent 2B C. Sánchez to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B P. Reed to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent SS F. Johnson to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF D. Richards to a 1-year contract worth a total of $150,000.
Sunday, November 27th, 2005
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent RF G. Thomas to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,920,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C L. Elliott to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF F. Pérez to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 1B J. Mendoza to a minor league contract.
Saturday, November 26th, 2005
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF T. Kiyomizu to a minor league contract.
Kansas City Beagles: Signed free agent SP D. Frazier to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,742,500.
Friday, November 25th, 2005
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent MR B. Gardner to a 3-year contract worth a total of $7,687,500.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C F. Rivera to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent MR C. Hsiao to a minor league contract.
Thursday, November 24th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR T. Jones to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,485,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 3B J. Thomas to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 1B M. Lockyer to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent 2B R. Sierra to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR A. Mullins to a 1-year contract worth a total of $900,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent LF D. Salinas to a minor league contract.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B J. Walker to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,085,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C R. Champagne to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,012,500.
Kansas City Beagles: Signed free agent 1B J. Turnwall to a 2-year contract worth a total of $400,000.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Friday, December 9th, 2005
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR N. Hamel to a 2-year contract worth a total of $805,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent C J. Álvarez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,300,000.
Thursday, December 8th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent CL H. Wright to a 3-year contract worth a total of $5,535,000.
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005
Compton Brothers: Signed free agent MR B. Hopper to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,895,000.
Tuesday, December 6th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent SS A. Powell to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,920,000.
Compton Brothers: Signed free agent C J. Nelson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,012,500.
Monday, December 5th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent CF C. Hicks to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,685,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent 2B E. Field to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,160,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent CF J. Gutiérrez to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF D. Julien to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B J. Maki to a 1-year contract worth a total of $400,000.
Montreal Majestics: Signed free agent MR J. Phillips to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,222,500.
Sunday, December 4th, 2005
Kansas City Beagles: Signed free agent 1B A. Chávez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $272,500.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent SP G. Ryan to a 1-year contract worth a total of $702,500.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF M. Huffman to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF C. Calkins to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CL K. Wedderhede to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent LF K. Alcock to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B A. Gómez to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent SS E. Sanderson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $300,000.
Saturday, December 3rd, 2005
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP A. Rosado to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 1B D. Moore to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF D. Wilson to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent RF C. Townsley to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,627,500.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP V. Acevedo to a minor league contract.
Friday, December 2nd, 2005
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent SP Z. Lewis to a 4-year contract worth a total of $21,320,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent RF V. Morales to a 1-year contract worth a total of $590,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CL L. Bassett to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent SS L. Cervandas to a minor league contract.
Kansas City Beagles: Signed free agent CF H. Glassey to a 3-year contract worth a total of $14,075,000.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wednesday, December 14th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR R. Hernández to a 3-year contract worth a total of $3,072,500.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Packing the file.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #55
Tasan
College Starter

Well that sucked. The two guys I really wanted took lesser deals elsewhere. One guy I understand, in that odd, OOTP way, but the other guy boggles the mind.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Well that sucked. The two guys I really wanted took lesser deals elsewhere. One guy I understand, in that odd, OOTP way, but the other guy boggles the mind.

Who were they?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #57
muns
Pro Starter

DC can I get my old stadium numbers in baltimore?
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #58
Tasan
College Starter

1B Turnwall and SP Lewis.

Turnwall I understand in that OOTP way, I went a tad too high on him. Lewis though must have gotten a BUNCH in the first year or something, because my 4 years were worth more than 21 mil, and I had an option for a 5th.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
DC can I get my old stadium numbers in baltimore?

The last teams to modify their stadiums were New York (defunct) and Napa Valley, both in 1981.

For our newcomers, here are the rules on stadium changes:

Quote:
Stadium Renovations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- A new owner is entitled to change his or her team's stadium after they have completed 4 seasons in FOOL.
- Stadium changes may occur once every 15 seasons for a team except in the case of a new owner.
- Stadium moves have to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Any extenuating circumstances to why these rules should have an exception made must be approved by the Commissioner or BoD.
- All stadiums will be equalized at 40,000 seats

So based on that, I don't see why not, unless the BoD does. I can make the change in tomorrow night's file.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #60
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The last teams to modify their stadiums were New York (defunct) and Napa Valley, both in 1981.

For our newcomers, here are the rules on stadium changes:

So based on that, I don't see why not, unless the BoD does. I can make the change in tomorrow night's file.

As long as the board is good with it, no pressure. Just trying to start out right over here.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #61
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #62
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Yay, I got my players! Time to check this file out
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #63
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Is is just me or are Compton's colors different now?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #64
Tasan
College Starter

I think DC said he did some modernizations to uniforms this season.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #65
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
Is is just me or are Compton's colors different now?

The historical franchise colors were Purple, a shade of gold and black. I lightened the purple some and made the yellow a bit brighter. The colors they wore last year were actually a third jersey color scheme and I only did that because with the internet/computer problems last week and having some trouble finding the normal unis.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-03-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #66
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I had intended to mention it yesterday, and I forgot to post it, so here it is. Thanks for the ATL logo re-work, DC. It truly looks awesome. Anyone who hasn't clicked on an ATL player or the roster page, do yourself a favor. DC really did a good job on it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #67
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Whoa! That one is awesome. I'm jealous for sure.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #68
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I'm definitely enjoying this purple, yellow, and black color scheme more than the alternate. The new logos also look great. More importantly, I think I may have enough depth on my roster to squeeze into the playoffs I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a happy Friday!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hey folks. I will probably sim an hour or so late tonight. I have to go to campus at 9 for a tennis meeting, since I'm coaching this spring. I forgot to mention it here, but...I just thought to mention it now as I'm almost out the door.

I'll run the file when I get back, I think the meeting won't start until 915 (damn college kids) but I can't imagine it'll go more than 30 minutes...so I figure an hour or so and I'll be back to run it.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-04-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #70
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, enough of real life sport. TIEM 4 FAEK BASEBALL

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-04-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #71
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No export from Hartford or Kansas City.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wednesday, January 11th, 2006
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR G. Love to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,150,000.
Friday, January 6th, 2006
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR E. Muńóz to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,020,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 3B J. Manning to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,482,500.
Thursday, January 5th, 2006
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SP G. Taylor to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent SP G. Rivera to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,957,500.
Monday, January 2nd, 2006
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent SP A. Callahan to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,690,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 2B D. Roberts to a 1-year contract worth a total of $595,000.
Sunday, January 1st, 2006
C R. O'Brian retires.
SP A. Torres retires.
MR R. Kowalski retires.
3B L. De Jesús retires.
MR L. Blackburn retires.
SP J. Garza retires.
SS M. Williams retires.
LF S. McNeal retires.
3B A. García retires.
C M. Lewis retires.
1B M. Muńóz retires.
MR J. Frazier retires.
C T. Hayes retires.
RF E. Cruz retires.
MR D. Trent retires.
LF G. Jean retires.
3B K. Quińones retires.
SP M. Hawkins retires.
C L. Cook retires.
MR C. Cooper retires.
3B R. Morris retires.
3B J. White retires.
C R. Rodríguez retires.
1B T. Ramsey retires.
C E. Torres retires.
SP B. Richard retires.
RF T. Martin retires.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #73
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The file is uploading.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #74
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #75
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Does anybody else find it interesting how much a position change can affect the overall value of a player? I guess it's kind of common sense, but I'm still new at this game and tonight I made a 1 Right Fielder into a 4 star DH! Too bad I wasn't smart enough to make that switch last year.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #76
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does anybody else find it interesting how much a position change can affect the overall value of a player? I guess it's kind of common sense, but I'm still new at this game and tonight I made a 1 Right Fielder into a 4 star DH! Too bad I wasn't smart enough to make that switch last year.

The Stars (rating system) is based proportionally to how good they are vs others at the same position. So a 1 star Right fielder turned into a 4 star DH does not mean he will now play better. It simply means there are way way more better Right fielders in the league versus the number of players listed solely as a DH (probably almost none).

So don't put too much weight on the number of stars a player has, it is almost virtually useless.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #77
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I didn't think about there not being very many DH's to compare him to, good point! I do realize that the stars don't mean too much, but in this case I think it's a fairly accurate increase. Jacob Norman has all blue batting ratings but isn't very good in the field, so I can see how he would be rated higher as a DH than a RF. I'm not expecting his batting totals too increase necessarily, but it does make sense that his value overall will be higher since his glove won't be undoing the good he does with the bat.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #78
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't think about there not being very many DH's to compare him to, good point! I do realize that the stars don't mean too much, but in this case I think it's a fairly accurate increase. Jacob Norman has all blue batting ratings but isn't very good in the field, so I can see how he would be rated higher as a DH than a RF. I'm not expecting his batting totals too increase necessarily, but it does make sense that his value overall will be higher since his glove won't be undoing the good he does with the bat.

I guess what I was trying to get at was... Even when he was listed as RF, there is nothing that prevented you or anyone else from using him as a DH (even if he isn't listed as one).

The game doesn't necessarily do a good job of providing accurate ratings translation into an overall "Star" rating system. So in effect you are doing what I was intending to get across from the start. You evaluated his various ratings/potential in various categories and then made your own subjective decision on what his "worth" should be and how to best use him. The stars don't tell you anything that you didn't already figure out on your own

Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #79
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Yea for sure. It actually works out perfectly that Norman can't field, because I somehow ended up with an outfield full of 5 star prospects lol. I guess the main reason I like the star increase, is that it makes my team look better at a glance. Nothing better than a little intimidation
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #80
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Duhn nuhnt. Duhn nuhnt. Duhn nuhnt.

DC might have an announcement soon.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #81
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well okay. I was doing the Hall of Fame thing. Now it's time for fake baseball spring training style.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #82
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No export from Baltimore, Hartford and Compton.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #83
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wednesday, February 1st, 2006
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SP C. González to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,510,720.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed CL R. Daly to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,840,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent 2B G. Wilcox to a minor league contract.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent 2B F. García to a 2-year contract worth a total of $5,350,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent C J. Keeter to a 1-year contract worth a total of $302,500.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed free agent LF E. Bentley to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent MR J. Flores to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent MR F. Guillou to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP J. Wallace to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent MR M. Brady to a minor league contract.
Detroit Wolverines: Signed free agent 3B M. Moran to a 2-year contract worth a total of $10,000,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent MR D. Williams to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,690,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP R. Herrera to a minor league contract.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP Á. Romero to a minor league contract extension.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #84
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2006 SPRING TRAINING STANDINGS

CL
Montreal 19-5
Brooklyn 14-10
Valdosta 14-10
Baltimore 13-11
Atlanta 7-17
Napa Valley 5-19

RL
New York 15-9
Boston 14-10
Compton 13-11
Colorado 13-11
Hartford 10-14
Detroit 7-17
Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #85
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
No export from Baltimore, Hartford and Compton.

Sorry guys, still not totally here yet.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #86
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Packing the file now.

Remember that single-A teams must also be at 25-man or less, the 40-man setting there is solely so OOTP doesn't do wonky things with your prospects.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Sorry guys, still not totally here yet.

No worries, mate. We knew that, because you told us at the start. Take your time, do your thing and we'll see you when you can make it and otherwise, we'll see you at the end of your season.

Having you in the league 25% is better than some folks (or the AI) 100% of the time, every time.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-05-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #88
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up. Remember you all have until 1am eastern tomorrow night (Saturday morning) to get your export in, but there won't be any extensions past that time. The file should be up by noon Saturday (and I suspect earlier than that...)
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #89
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Shit, I missed my first export I actually thought that I had exported so who knows what happened there...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #90
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Shit, I missed my first export I actually thought that I had exported so who knows what happened there...

I double checked and there was no file for any of 'em. But no biggie, you just missed ST. But your boys still played, so you can check 'em out and see what they've done.

It's important to note, though this will get lost since its at the end of this post, that missing an export isn't a big deal in a league like this, because there are SO MANY damn exports, that it's inevitable.

I never want people to feel like they always have to export, which is why the season schedule during the week is a bit superfluous on purpose. We built the league intending that people would miss time and we wanted to spread it out. Obviously the FA sims mean more than the others, but...pretty much after Tuesday, you can get by exporting only to prepare your final season file...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #91
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

If I send in two exports will it mess up the file?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #92
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Oh I wasn't upset really, I just thought it was weird because I know that I intended to export. It's not a big deal though, I'm just not batting 1.000 anymore.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #93
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If I send in two exports will it mess up the file?

No, it just copies over the last one you sent in.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #94
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Cool, thanks!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #95
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Sweet! Looking forward to 1 full season simmed in 1 evening.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #96
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the last cap check before we go tomorrow:

Code:
Rank Team Payroll 1 New York Heroes $86,199,100 2 Atlanta Firecrackers $66,790,665 3 Valdosta Peanuts $65,761,325 4 Montreal Majestics $64,891,875 5 Colorado Rancheros $64,742,400 6 Brooklyn Brownstones $64,686,100 7 Compton Brothers $63,409,025 8 Boston Settlers $61,503,100 9 Napa Valley Winemakers $57,209,300 10 Detroit Wolverines $55,168,010 11 Hartford Harpooners $52,548,825 12 Baltimore Gothams $25,038,725

New York needs to shed some payroll fast. You can make trades up to the deadline tomorrow night or release players, of course, but need to make sure you don't release too much and end up in the negative. I'm sure Baltimore would love to talk fleec...er shear...er..trading with you.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-06-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #97
muns
Pro Starter

If the previous guy didnt re up that one pitcher for the 20 million contract he would be alright. Kinda stinky way to start off. I was fortunate enough to have nothing on the rosters to begin with (talent or salary)
Old 02-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #98
TimGuru
High School Varsity

The slim pickins...uh, Wolverines, are exported and ready to go. My owner emailed me to report he is delusional.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #99
Tasan
College Starter

Did you get the "Win it all?" message? Impossible, because I got that one from my owner as well, and they can't BOTH be right!

;- )
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #100
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't even read the owner emails anymore. No idea what mine even says!