Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #51
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So do we have to wait in between seasons or can we join at any time? I just caught the thread but don't know if I can get in and do anything with it today.

Registration is always open unless by some miracle all the teams get filled - then you'd have to wait till the offseason so I can expand the leagues. There's currently about 40 people registered out of 300 available teams. Think we'll be pretty safe.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-10-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #52
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So do we have to wait in between seasons or can we join at any time? I just caught the thread but don't know if I can get in and do anything with it today.

You can jump in. It will auto sim until a player takes control of that team.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #53
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

If it's like previous iterations, jumping in midseason will kill one of the aspects of the game in that you won't really be able to do much with recruiting. You likely won't get any of the players who other teams have been on since day 1 of the season (i.e. the good players) and that will also cause you to be worse the next year.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #54
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Registration is always open unless by some miracle all the teams get filled - then you'd have to wait till the offseason so I can expand the leagues. There's currently about 40 people registered out of 300 available teams. Think we'll be pretty safe.

So I registered and got a welcome e-mail but can't get in. Username is panerd, I think I entered the password correctly. Didn't know if I could reply to the e-mail and figured I would probably get a quicker response here.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #55
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just noticed Regions are not updating when a player takes over a team from a bot. Going in and manually fixing them shortly.

This will have caused an issue with recruiting people - recruits may have been improperly angry with you for not being in the right region. I can either let it ride, or reset people's recruiting contacts and re-level the playing field (seeing as recruiting has never 'run', no one would have lost recruits at this point).
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #56
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Just noticed Regions are not updating when a player takes over a team from a bot. Going in and manually fixing them shortly.

This will have caused an issue with recruiting people - recruits may have been improperly angry with you for not being in the right region. I can either let it ride, or reset people's recruiting contacts and re-level the playing field (seeing as recruiting has never 'run', no one would have lost recruits at this point).

I'm fine with either. If resetting it makes things run smoother I'd be fine with going through again... Matter of fact I thought the Big Board was ranked and went all in on Francis Abbott, thinking he was the #1 guy and local... Once I noticed the next guy down was also an Abbott, I realized my mistake. Long story short, I wouldn't mind a reset.

Also, I went to vote in the polls and noticed only a fraction of the teams were able to be selected, including my own- does that mean I'm in the mix to be a top 25 or is it just random?
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #57
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
I'm fine with either. If resetting it makes things run smoother I'd be fine with going through again... Matter of fact I thought the Big Board was ranked and went all in on Francis Abbott, thinking he was the #1 guy and local... Once I noticed the next guy down was also an Abbott, I realized my mistake. Long story short, I wouldn't mind a reset.

Also, I went to vote in the polls and noticed only a fraction of the teams were able to be selected, including my own- does that mean I'm in the mix to be a top 25 or is it just random?

Polls are irrelevant until games are played. I'm gonna reset the voting before they officially run anyway, in case people were testing it out and voted before anything real was going on.

And recruiting contacts ARE going to be rolled back, in the interest of fairness. The regular recruiting session that was slated to run tomorrow (Tues) will be skipped. The first recruiting session will run Thursday, unless there are a massive amount of people who haven't done them post-rollback (in which case it'll be next Tuesday)
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #58
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Polls are irrelevant until games are played. I'm gonna reset the voting before they officially run anyway, in case people were testing it out and voted before anything real was going on.

And recruiting contacts ARE going to be rolled back, in the interest of fairness. The regular recruiting session that was slated to run tomorrow (Tues) will be skipped. The first recruiting session will run Thursday, unless there are a massive amount of people who haven't done them post-rollback (in which case it'll be next Tuesday)

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So I was both trying to cook dinner and I'm on call at work this week...and they called. Didn't get to even watch the games to see if PBP worked.

...anyone watch the PBP?

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-10-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #60
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So I was both trying to cook dinner and I'm on call at work this week...and they called. Didn't get to even watch the games to see if PBP worked.

...anyone watch the PBP?

I read through the PBP afterwards. Couple of glaring things that I noticed.

1. I was hoping to click over to the PBP and read through the game. As soon as I brought it up, the first thing shown was the last play of the game and the final score. Kind of took the surprise out of it all. Would probably work better if the listing order was reversed, though I'm sure there's a reason you did it that way so perhaps that's not an option.

2. The default screen that comes up is the standings screen. Kind of gives away the results if the first thing that pops up is your win-loss record.

Good news is that the PBP results seemed to be pretty good. I can definitely tell some things I need to change after reading through the PBP.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #61
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah hmm.

See, the PBP is actually supposed to be a 'live' view - hence it displays latest play at the top. If you want the non-live view, go to the recap section (that'll show the recap in a top-down order). Either that, or I can set it up to auto reverse it or something once time has expired, but that might get a bit jarring for people actually "watching."

I'll add a hide attribute for standings on the overview page, and default it to hidden.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #62
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Ah hmm.

See, the PBP is actually supposed to be a 'live' view - hence it displays latest play at the top. If you want the non-live view, go to the recap section (that'll show the recap in a top-down order). Either that, or I can set it up to auto reverse it or something once time has expired, but that might get a bit jarring for people actually "watching."

I'll add a hide attribute for standings on the overview page, and default it to hidden.

Ah, that makes sense. In that case, probably don't need to adjust the PBP live screen. I'll jump to the recap next time.

Hide would be great. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #63
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And there's your hide.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #64
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Alright, Texarkana Tech 1-0! Next up is a showdown with the NETSU Drillers.

One small detail I noticed, when you click on a team's name and the popup box with their details comes up, under statistics the columns for TO's and Rating are switched.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #65
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Alright, Texarkana Tech 1-0! Next up is a showdown with the NETSU Drillers.

One small detail I noticed, when you click on a team's name and the popup box with their details comes up, under statistics the columns for TO's and Rating are switched.

I think FT% and 3P% might be too, or we are getting weird results for both.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #66
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
I think FT% and 3P% might be too, or we are getting weird results for both.

I noticed that FT% is way low... My team shot 50% from 3 too but I thought that was just because they were that good.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #67
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I have a feeling the difficulty on 3 point shots may be a smidge too low, and the diff on free throws a bit high.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #68
korme
Go Reds

Having trouble setting my depth chart.

I move a player into an empty slot, and instead of his name appearing, it says something like this:
javascript:%20selectPlayer(%206604%20);

And then if I save the lineup, it refreshes with the blank slot.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #69
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What browser, and do you have noscript or something similar running? (actually, I think the whole site would pretty much fail with noscript, but hey)

It looks like for some reason the javascript isn't actually being...javascript for you. Which is odd.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #70
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh oh oh! Wait!

You're trying to drag a player. Don't. I tried to get that right, and I want to get that working, but that's now how the depth chart works. It's kinda obnoxious, actually.

Click on any of the boxes in the actual depth chart. The box will turn yellow to indicate it's the active box. Then click on the name player you want from your list of players...and it'll insert them.

Like I said. It's sort of kludgy, and but the drag and drop method just was not working at the time, so I elected to visit that little thing at a later date, and focus elsewhere.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #71
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

One thing on the depth charts- my 2nd string SG Joe Hughes played something like 12 seconds and the 3rd stringer Geoff Luong got 12 minutes. Hughes only has a 1 in endurance but I moved his sub out time to 80 stamina because I wanted him to get some time. Any other suggestions, should I set it again?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #72
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You had it at 80? Hmm, even at 1, it shouldn't kill someone THAT fast.

What was the starter set at, and what was the 3rd stringer at?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #73
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
You had it at 80? Hmm, even at 1, it shouldn't kill someone THAT fast.

What was the starter set at, and what was the 3rd stringer at?

Starter was at 80 himself, the 3rd string at 90.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #74
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Will investigate further, see if I can't come up with an explanation. Basically, either your sub is losing energy faster than what he should be, or your starter is regaining energy too fast. Not sure which at the moment.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #75
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Starter was at 80 himself, the 3rd string at 90.

Have you changed your depth setup at this point? I'm running tests on that game, and can't replicate it.

Annnnnd...out of morbid curiosity, when did you originally set your depth chart before that first game?

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-12-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #76
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Have you changed your depth setup at this point? I'm running tests on that game, and can't replicate it.

Annnnnd...out of morbid curiosity, when did you originally set your depth chart before that first game?

It was a few days prior that I first set it. I do think I swapped them from their original places. The only changes I have done since the game ran was lowering #2's stamina threshold 5 and upping #3's by 5.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #77
Zinto
College Starter

I can't seem to register no matter how many times I try. I keep getting the error about my username registration failing because of all the fields not being entered.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #78
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
It was a few days prior that I first set it. I do think I swapped them from their original places. The only changes I have done since the game ran was lowering #2's stamina threshold 5 and upping #3's by 5.

Found a fairly big bug with the subbing mechanism. People weren't going in/out anywhere near what they shoulda been. It's been fixed.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #79
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I can't seem to register no matter how many times I try. I keep getting the error about my username registration failing because of all the fields not being entered.

Which field? Username?

A little green piece of text labeled 'not in use' comes into play right of the username field after you type it in, correct?

(You don't have noscript running, I trust?)

PM me exactly what you're putting into every line (except for password obviously), and I'll see if I can replicate it.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #80
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI.....filter doesn't clear properly if you remove a condition.

i.e. I first searched with a pot. rebounding of 8. Got back all players that had that rating. Added a pot. defense of 8 in addition to the rebounding filter of 8. Got no players back, which was correct. Blanked out the defense and put the number back to 1. Got no results back. I'm guessing that blanking out the filter does not remove that value if you don't change screens. I went to another screen and came back and it worked fine again.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #81
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Stop causing problems.

...Actually, I can't replicate this one. Did exactly as you described:
- Pot Rebounding (8), on Filter 1, Hit Show Recruits. 3 Results
- Pot Defense (8), on Filter 2, Hit Show Recruits. 0 Results
- Changed Filter 2 to '---', Hit Show Recruits. 3 Results

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #82
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Stop causing problems.

...Actually, I can't replicate this one. Did exactly as you described:
- Pot Rebounding (8), on Filter 1, Hit Show Recruits. 3 Results
- Pot Defense (8), on Filter 2, Hit Show Recruits. 0 Results
- Changed Filter 2 to '---', Hit Show Recruits. 3 Results

And of course, I can't do it now either. Must have been one more step that I left out. I'll keep banging at it.

Sorry for causing problems.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #83
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

dola

Tossed some money your way. Would encourage others to do so as well. Hope it helps.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #84
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whoo hoo! I like money.

Greatly appreciated. You've just invested in a partial box of diapers for my boy.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #85
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Whoo hoo! I like money.

Greatly appreciated. You've just invested in a partial box of diapers for my boy.

I'm potty training my last kid. Should soon be rid of that expense.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #86
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And onto the expense of bigger more expensive toys!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #87
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I was done with the expense - and then we decided to have another kid! lol...
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #88
rjolley
College Starter

For the player achievements on the overview screen, it's be nice to see the school the player played for. Actually, since it's my team's overview, shouldn't the achievements be from players on my team?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #89
korme
Go Reds

0-2!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #90
Masked
College Starter

I keep getting kicked out of the site and sent back to the log in screen. For instance, it happens every time I click recap.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #91
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

We got curb stomped.

In our first game we missed a couple chances in our last possession where we had offensive rebounds and misses..
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #92
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Off to a 2-0 start. Hoping to get a ranking on Monday!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #93
SackAttack
Head Coach

Poop. Forgot to redo my recruiting. I best set it now while I'm thinking about it.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #94
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Alright! The Bootleggers defeat the Drillers 70-68 on a last second drive-and-score by PG Joseph Baruch! We were up 41-33 at half, but NETSU closed the gap quickly and it was close all the way to the wire.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #95
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Poop. Forgot to redo my recruiting. I best set it now while I'm thinking about it.

Doesn't run till 4pm today, so you got some time.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #96
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
I keep getting kicked out of the site and sent back to the log in screen. For instance, it happens every time I click recap.

Huh. Try it today. I added some additional security to it yesterday, wonder if it hates you for some reason. Just disabled that little tidbit.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #97
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
For the player achievements on the overview screen, it's be nice to see the school the player played for. Actually, since it's my team's overview, shouldn't the achievements be from players on my team?

Changing the events on the team overview to only show your own team, I'll see if I can add the names of the Teams on the 'big' list.

edit: Which I just did.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #98
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And to pull off the quadruple-dola.

(I posted this on the game's boards, but they don't see much use yet, so...)

Just made a tweak to the game engine - players assigned to Low Post roles will now shoot a bit more often.

edit: By the by, if any of you are on any other non-ginormous message boards comprised of people who might enjoy the game, feel free to kick the link around. I just don't wanna post it to some monstrosity of a site and get overwhelmed in 30 seconds.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-13-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #99
rjolley
College Starter

For the leader reports, is it possible to highlight my players/team?

The achievements work well. Thanks.

Last edited by rjolley : 09-13-2012 at 08:43 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #100
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Huh. Try it today. I added some additional security to it yesterday, wonder if it hates you for some reason. Just disabled that little tidbit.

I tired a second logging in on a second computer later and had no trouble - so it appears it was an issue with on PC in particular. This morning I can log in on the PC that was causing problems last night and use the site fine, so it appears it was some combination of your new feature and my PC. I can't see why the game would hate after winning my first game
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote