Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #51
Anthony
Banned

i've got a let better in this game. i race with the brake line on, but overall i do very well for myself. tonite will be my first nite on XBox live, so perhaps i'll see some of you. i should be on around 10pm. gonna make it a late nite too. Astoria23

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #52
DanGarion
Coordinator

I accepted your friend add.

I race with everything on. I keep telling myself I should start weening off of those but, I like winning too much right now.

I have yet to play on Live though. Maybe tonight!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #53
Kosta
High School Varsity

I am keen to race this way. Gamertag is johnboy99. Please feel free to add me. I will send you a friend invite redvette.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #54
red95vette
n00b

It's been a couple weeks since our last session. I think I'm going to try to start a room tonight around 7:30-8:00pm-ish CDT. I'll send invites out to anyone online and in Forza. It seems less people have been playing lately... don't know if the newness has worn off or if people's schedules have just been busy.

Hope to see some of you online.
red95vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red95vette View Post
It's been a couple weeks since our last session. I think I'm going to try to start a room tonight around 7:30-8:00pm-ish CDT. I'll send invites out to anyone online and in Forza. It seems less people have been playing lately... don't know if the newness has worn off or if people's schedules have just been busy.

I'm going to be busy tonight spending time with my wife, but I'd really like to play some of you tomorrow online. Hopefully, at least a few people will be on tomorrow afternoon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #56
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

Cool! I've been wanting to play online, but my schedule has been hectic. Looking forward to some online racing!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm going to be busy tonight spending time with my wife, but I'd really like to play some of you tomorrow online. Hopefully, at least a few people will be on tomorrow afternoon.

This is a very bad weekend for me as I have family in town for the 4th, so I won't likely have any time to play, but I've been on the last 2 weeks looking for anyone to play, but seems like lately only I've been playing it If anyone is up for something later in the week next week, i'm game!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #58
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'll probably be online once I get home from work. So 4 PM Pacific. I've seen some of you online and playing while I've been playing.

What type of rules are we looking at for the racing, so I can get a car set up correctly, or are we just using the standard garage?

Only reason I ask is because I'm still using, Stability, Traction, ABS, and Auto. I can probably live without the racing line, but I usually still use the break.

I've done some online races with manual and with a controller it just sucks. I'd probably be better without assists if I could afford $150 for a wheel, but that's quite a bit of money for just Forza and Dirt.

Last edited by DanGarion : 07-06-2007 at 04:14 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #59
Anthony
Banned

i played one game online and everyone apparently had rocket boosters on their cars. mine wildy spun out of control and everyone just zoomed right by me. that's not my idea of fun, so i stopped playing it online after that. i must not know what's going on.

can you play online with the cars you got in solo mode? i've built up some mean cars that i'm used to racing with (superior control, braking, handling).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #60
red95vette
n00b

The rooms I set up have the rules set to SIM damage/tires/fuel, and we are all forced to use the same stock cars -- i.e., they are not upgraded OR tuned. Thus, I pick them from the standard ones available through the "arcade" choices to ensure everyone has access to them whether or not they've purchased the particular models in their offline career yet.

I randomly choose a car and we do about 4-5 races with it before switching to a different car. If the room is fairly full, I usually set 10 lap races. If there are only 3-5 ppl, we do 5 lap runs until more people are online/join.

I allow auto trans and ABS, but everything else is set to off. That's not as hard to cope with though, simply because I also heavily favor D & C class car choices. It slows the pace down and generally results in closer races as well. I will admit though that it does take an adjustment if you've been playing with traction/stability control. The idea though is to get people to purposely slow down and take corners at a reasonable pace rather than run all over each other. That's why I also favor the longer races to allow everyone to get into a rhythm with the car/track.

Anyway, I do hope we get a decent size group going tonight. I'll be on to set up the room shortly. I'm hoping to do another one tomorrow, but am unsure of my schedule for that yet.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #61
red95vette
n00b

Hey EaglesFan,

I was going to try to get a session going this afternoon, but only a couple people were online. I know you've expressed an interest for playing on Saturdays and I'll continue to keep an eye out for you if I see enough forza players online. I think interest in general is down as I was able to get a session going last night but with only 4 of us. I'll keep trying.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey EaglesFan,

I was going to try to get a session going this afternoon, but only a couple people were online. I know you've expressed an interest for playing on Saturdays and I'll continue to keep an eye out for you if I see enough forza players online. I think interest in general is down as I was able to get a session going last night but with only 4 of us. I'll keep trying.

Yeah. I kept an eye out, and I never saw more than 1 friend online today interested in playing Forza. So I kept playing College Hoops. I'll be keeping an eye out for more people tomorrow and next weekend.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-07-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #63
red95vette
n00b

The wife has a night out tomorrow (Wed 7/11), so I am going to try to do a session running from about 6:00p - 9:00p CDT for anyone that's interested. Hope to see some of you online.