Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
There's no way they go up. Even throwing out the bad publicity involved with the large defect rates and company losses, the console wouldn't have sold more units over the next two months. Halo 3 is due in September. There's one market trend that console makers count on in the 30-60 days before a major game launch.......they're not going to sell many consoles because people are waiting to buy until the game is released.

You are wrong on this. I know you don't like EA Sports, but you are vastly underestimating their impact in this whole situation. Madden and NCAA sell more than most games and they are going to lead to a significant spike in sales of 360's. On the sports gaming boards, people are selling their PS3's and buying 360's because of the frame rate issues. As people who are considering which console to buy and are contemplating going next gen, they will check out these games on both systems, they are going to come away buying the system where their favorite game looks better. From all accounts that will be the 360. The main thing that was holding people back was the concern about durability and that was just answered.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
You are wrong on this. I know you don't like EA Sports, but you are vastly underestimating their impact in this whole situation. Madden and NCAA sell more than most games and they are going to lead to a significant spike in sales of 360's. On the sports gaming boards, people are selling their PS3's and buying 360's because of the frame rate issues. As people who are considering which console to buy and are contemplating going next gen, they will check out these games on both systems, they are going to come away buying the system where their favorite game looks better. From all accounts that will be the 360. The main thing that was holding people back was the concern about durability and that was just answered.

My thoughts exactly.

Again, people go where the GAMES are.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #53
Bee
Pro Starter

I don't think NCAA is really in the same category as Madden for moving consoles, but I do agree Madden is a pretty major title and will most likely have an impact on sales.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #54
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

I can't believe this. My 360 hasn't worked since Christmas (3 red lights) and yesterday morning I finally decided it was time to send it in for a repair. I wonder how long it will take to get my money back.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

According to the FAQ, it will take them 10-12 weeks to get the checks out to refund everyone who has already paid for repairs.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-06-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #56
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Does Mizzou B-ball fan work for Sony or something? His comments here and in the HD-DVD/Blu-ray make me think he does or they have some photos of him in very compromising positions.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #57
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting move by Microsoft in regards to the 1.1 billion dollar expense for this situation. It appears that they expensed all 1.1 billion on the fiscal year ending June 30th, 2007. So they basically took a huge financial hit on last year's financials overall. Should help this year's financial report, but it's going to kill the entertainment division report for last year.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

Did they make a bundle during the year? If so, it's the smart thing to do.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote