Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2003, 06:31 PM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee
From what little I know of Jim, I seriously doubt someone elses release affected his decision. I'm guessing he had to change his sport because of difficulty getting sufficient support data to design the engine or as Sack mentioned a lack of time to develop a "new" game.
...or maybe he couldn't get MLBPA licensing....

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:34 PM   #52
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
...or maybe he couldn't get MLBPA licensing....

I sure hope that isn't it - having MLB rosters in a sim baseball game is just not a big deal to me. I don't know if he'd design the game in such a way that the player database was available for editing as in OOTP and Mogul (which would alleviate the no-MLBPA licensing issue), but even if he didn't it wouldn't stop me from buying it. I just want a good baseball sim that's based on how the game is really played and the real skill sets involved, with an intelligent AI and an in-depth minor league system and player scouting and draft...and...and...

...anyway, if it's not football I hope it's baseball. But I think it's quite possible that the theory he shifted back to football due to time constraints or something else could be very accurate, in which case I'd strongly suspect TCY2.

Last edited by dawgfan : 08-13-2003 at 08:38 PM.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #53
mrskippy
Banned

Front Office Forum Moderator: SkyDog Edition
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #54
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgfan
I sure hope that isn't it - having MLB rosters in a sim baseball game is just not a big deal to me. I don't know if he'd design the game in such a way that the player database was available for editing as in OOTP and Mogul (which would alleviate the no-MLBPA licensing issue), but even if he didn't it wouldn't stop me from buying it. I just want a good baseball sim that's based on how the game is really played and the real skill sets involved, with an intelligent AI and an in-depth minor league system and player scouting and draft...and...and...

...anyway, if it's not football I hope it's baseball. But I think it's quite possible that the theory he shifted back to football due to time constraints or something else could be very accurate, in which case I'd strongly suspect TCY2.
Oh...I was totally kidding about MLBPA licensing. I can't imagine that Jim would have been going that direction. It was intended to be a joke.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:44 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Solecismic
It is a sports game. But I had to change plans a few months ago, and am now working on a different sports game.

I don't know for sure, but I don't see anything wrong with making an announcement this fall.

I've been wondering why Jim wouldn't know for sure about making an announcement in fall. Perhaps, he just isn't sure if it will be close enough to ready to make an announcement. But, maybe he is working with a company and has to check with them? I noticed .400 is now announcing that they will be making a college football game in 2004, and I wonder if Jim will be working on it and an announcement will come in the fall Just my speculation obviously.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #56
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesfan27
I've been wondering why Jim wouldn't know for sure about making an announcement in fall. Perhaps, he just isn't sure if it will be close enough to ready to make an announcement. But, maybe he is working with a company and has to check with them? I noticed .400 is now announcing that they will be making a college football game in 2004, and I wonder if Jim will be working on it and an announcement will come in the fall Just my speculation obviously.

I've joked about Jim releasing his new baseball game with .400 studios...but I don't really think it's plausible. I sense that Jim is pretty happy with his (more or less) one-man operation.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:14 PM   #57
tucker342
Pro Starter

.400 studios has been hiring almost everyone that makes a sports game, so it wouldn't really surprise me....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #58
Bee
Pro Starter

bump
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:02 PM   #59
BishopMVP
Coordinator

If it were with .400 Studios it could be the same kind of deal it seems like OOTP has now, where Jim designs the game entirely on his own and then .400 handles distribution.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:05 PM   #60
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Draft Dodger
I've joked about Jim releasing his new baseball game with .400 studios...but I don't really think it's plausible. I sense that Jim is pretty happy with his (more or less) one-man operation.

I completely agree. Unless a major publisher comes along, I don't see Jim doing anything other than what he is now.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote