Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2005, 04:18 AM   #51
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I guess I liked this movie better than any of the other four... because it gave me a whole new perspective about Batman.

Instead of having Batman as the only sane person in a world of villains and looneys, instead of having Batman surrounded by interesting arch-nemesis types... Nolan and Bale's portrayal of Batman was the reverse.

It showed Batman as the guy who you'd have to look out for. He wasn't Bruce Wayne wearing a suit that drops in and says.. "hi, I'm batman". He was a creature, a guy who darted in and out, who'd grab you in the shadows and beat you up... something you won't see coming. He was, as Bale put it in an interview... 'more on-the-edge than any of the villains'. Because yeah, he was the Dark Knight, but he could easily flip over and become the ultimate super villain. Being Batman was his personal twisted therapy to channel all the rage he has inside to be able to exist as Bruce Wayne.

I guess I really loved his internal conflict... to kill or not to kill... to do something or just watch... to be able to extract revenge for the death of his parents, or sit back and let due process take its course... to protect the weak, or let the strong survive... the movie showed him make each decision, and live with the consequences of his decisions.

Loved the scene when Batman threw back Rachel's line at her...
"It's not what's inside, but what we do, that defines us."

Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:36 AM   #52
Tara
Mascot

The movie is coming out now in Italian cinemas. I was wery doubtfull about it, cos didn't like any of the previous one. But hearing these comments from you, maybe I'll try to see it. This movie sounds much more good than I expected.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #53
bossfan2000
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Spider-Man 2 was GREAT.

I liked spider-man 2 a lot. And i didn't expect to. I couldnt even make it through the first one. Every time Toby cried, like when his uncle died, it looked like he was smirking instead of crying. It got to the point i thought he acting was so bad i couldnt stand it anymore.

So, i was rather surprised that I liked the sequel so much.

Looking forward to seeing batman this weekend.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #54
JeeberD
General Manager

Totally loved the movie last night...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #55
digamma
Torchbearer

Saw it last night. Thought it was really, really solid.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:03 AM   #56
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Is the new Batman child-friendly? My almost-8-year-old has requested to see it but I need some input before we take him.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:06 AM   #57
JeeberD
General Manager

Lots of violence, some fairly scary imagry (Scarecrow was pretty freaky), but not much blood and not really any sex.

As I have no kids and really don't know what's age appropriate yet, I'm afraid I can't help you more than that...

Old 06-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #58
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Is the new Batman child-friendly? My almost-8-year-old has requested to see it but I need some input before we take him.

Violence is about the only thing you'd need to worry about. No sex, no bad language. No real gore, just some good old fashioned fighting. And bats.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #59
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't take an 8 year old to see it. It's not that there is a ton of on screen violence, as a lot of the violence is actually implied. But as has been mentioned here, what makes this movie so good is the fact that batman isn't wholly good. It is a dark movie thematically. It is very deserving of its PG-13 rating.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #60
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think this is hard to say without knowing your child. My son was 6 when the first Keaton Batman movie came out and I took him to it. We had a blast and he really enjoyed the movie. It was however something I thought about before doing it as I knew it wasn't going to be like the TV show. We actually talked about it before we went so he had an idea of what to expect. He also was one that never really had nightmares or was scared of things like thunder, lightning, or the dark.

Interesting thing was after seeing the new Batman movie with him, and he's now almost 21, he commented on how he wondered if it was something small childred should see. His main concern and mine is it might scare them. A lot of the time Batman or in some cases bats come out of the dark shadows to strike quickly and then disappear. Having seen the movie I don't think my son would have had any probelm seeing it (no nightmares about bats or being afraid to go to bed by himself etc.). It is however a movie you might want to see first without your child so you can judge for yourself if it is something they are ready for.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #61
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Saw it this afternoon. I'd probably put this as the best Batman movie. I've always loved Frank Miller's Dark Knight and this version of Batman is the closest to it.

Last edited by TazFTW : 06-17-2005 at 08:23 PM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #62
Flasch186
Coordinator

by far best comic book movie ive ever seen. It was simply outstanding and Bale is spectacular. This is the movie of the year thus far BUT i havn't seen Cinderella Man yet.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #63
timmyw3
H.S. Freshman Team

I thought it was by far the best of the series. Michael Caine was excellent as Alfred.

The highlight though was that Brian Billick was sitting directly in front of me. I fought the urge to toss popcorn at him and blame it on the thugs sitting behind me.
timmyw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:13 AM   #64
timmynausea
College Starter

I thought it was pretty good. A superhero movie will never be the movie of the year, though.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:25 AM   #65
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

spiderman 2 fucking sucked. how do magnets attract glass now? how does dr. octo throw that car throw the deli window, and then five seconds later WALKS AROUND THE CORNER

oh god dont even get me started on the suckitude of that movie. no subtley, physics worse than every movie not named the core, whiney spiderman who loses his power due to mopeyness, and you can tell pretty much whatever every character is thinking or going through because of the helpful thought bubbles and neon signed sam raimi decided to add to everything. it was like watching it with driector commentary on

ok, im done, but really, dont make me come back here. god knows i dont want to
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #66
Pacersfan46
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen
spiderman 2 fucking sucked. how do magnets attract glass now? how does dr. octo throw that car throw the deli window, and then five seconds later WALKS AROUND THE CORNER

It's fine to think the movie sucked, but this part is quite explainable. The magnet yanked the frame around the the glass, and as it got closer warped the metal into breaking the glass. Then it continued on it's course as it's momentum warranted. I'm no physicist, but I'd say it's not so ridiculous. Not as movies go especially. To hate a movie over it's physics is sad. Most action movies have something that's impossible.

As far as the car, and then he walked around the corner, that's simply someone TRYING to hate a movie. That's absolutely petty.

Last edited by Pacersfan46 : 06-20-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Pacersfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #67
Daimyo
College Starter

I'm not much into summer blockbusters anymore, but this movie was really very good. Easily the best Batman movie...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #68
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen

oh god dont even get me started on the suckitude of that movie. no subtley, physics worse than every movie not named the core, whiney spiderman who loses his power due to mopeyness, and you can tell pretty much whatever every character is thinking or going through because of the helpful thought bubbles and neon signed sam raimi decided to add to everything. it was like watching it with driector commentary on

ok, im done, but really, dont make me come back here. god knows i dont want to

Yeah, what the fuck? This comic book movie wasn't very realistic!
Old 06-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #69
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs down

eh, i thought Batman was strictly alright. I liked the continuity of it, but I wasn't really impressed with

a) Katie Holmes - seemed too young to pull off the "love interest" type role that they had her in. Plus I didn't think her acting was particularly good

b) the fight scenes - and this may be where people disagree with me. It suffered from that same phenomenon that I've noticed other action movies suffering from lately...namely making the fight scenes so poorly lighted that it was impossible to see the fights. It was like "here's a bunch of baddies standing around...whoosh whoosh smack now they're all on the floor." And I feel cheated by that. If I pay my hard-earned money, and Christian Bale spends his valuable time to learn these fighting manuevers, or if the movie is going to be "built" as it were on the fights, then they ought to kickass. And I ought to be able to see all the moves and go "hmmn hmmmn...yeah...sweet." Instead it's all swirling and motion and then it's over.

So basically, since the movie I think you'd hafta say has to be judged on the strength of its action scenes, I was distinctly unimpressed. And I only paid $7 for it.

exception - the original batmobile chase scene on the streets and highways was fuckin BADASS!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #70
G-Man
High School JV

Exclamation This movie raises the bar!!

I was not expecting this movie to be so incrediby awesome! I went with my 16 year old daughter and she said it best:

" I came into this movie theatre bummed about my boyfriend (he is having serious problems) and about my best friend (she was being dishonest, etc.) and this incredibly exciting movie made me forget all about my problems for over two hours!"

Now that is what an excellent movie is supposed to do!

I was a comic book collector for over 30 years, so I know a little something about Marvel and DC (along with other) superheroes. I enjoyed Spiderman even though I did think it was just an "ok" movie. I really enjoyed Spiderman2, thought it was much better. Same for X-Men and X-Men2. The Hulk was a cartoon! The previous Batman movies were closer to the 1960's series than the actual comic and superman was just plain silly. Daredevil was very good except for Ben Afleck (jennifer Garner rocked). So since he played DD that did hurt the movie. I never saw the punisher but heard it was a decent movie. I am looking forward to the Fantastic Four Movie, I just hope they don't make a cartoon out of it, like they did the Hulk! But, there is noway that the FF movie, no matter how much fun it is can even approach how incredible wonderful batman Begins is!

So that being said, this Batman movie was simply the best of all superhero movies. The story was incredible and very much like a Frank Miller creation! The only drawback I found in the movie was katie Holmes. Not that she was bad per se, just that she underwhelmed me and was not up to par with the other actors nor the storyline. Maybe for the next movie they could replace her with Angelina Jolie!!

Oh and I love the guy that hated Spiderman2 because it wasn't REALISTIC!! Somebody needs to explain to him about Comicbooks and superheroes and such....I'm still guffawing over that one!!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #71
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
eh, i thought Batman was strictly alright. I liked the continuity of it, but I wasn't really impressed with

a) Katie Holmes - seemed too young to pull off the "love interest" type role that they had her in. Plus I didn't think her acting was particularly good

b) the fight scenes - and this may be where people disagree with me. It suffered from that same phenomenon that I've noticed other action movies suffering from lately...namely making the fight scenes so poorly lighted that it was impossible to see the fights. It was like "here's a bunch of baddies standing around...whoosh whoosh smack now they're all on the floor." And I feel cheated by that. If I pay my hard-earned money, and Christian Bale spends his valuable time to learn these fighting manuevers, or if the movie is going to be "built" as it were on the fights, then they ought to kickass. And I ought to be able to see all the moves and go "hmmn hmmmn...yeah...sweet." Instead it's all swirling and motion and then it's over.

So basically, since the movie I think you'd hafta say has to be judged on the strength of its action scenes, I was distinctly unimpressed. And I only paid $7 for it.

exception - the original batmobile chase scene on the streets and highways was fuckin BADASS!

I almost entirely agree with DT's comments here. Holmes and the far too swift action scenes replete with constantly shifting camera angles make this movie weaker than it might otherwise have been. However, these weaknesses didn't push me to the point of being unimpressed. I thought the movie was really interesting with a nice villain twist as well. I would recommend it.

As for taking one's child, I don't know if I would feel comfortable taking a kid who wasn't at least 10 years old (contingent on maturity level of course). The scenes with the scarecrow would be too disturbing to anyone younger than that IMO.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 06-20-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:38 PM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that's true. i suppose i should edit my comments. i wasn't "unimpressed unimpressed." I did enjoy the backstory and all the little nods to the other movies and that sort of stuff. And I liked the ninja-stuff and the villains, especially the Dr. Craine guy. I just...well I wouldn't go to see it again that's for sure. And I'm glad I didn't pay full nighttime price for it, cuz then I would have been upset. It was a pleasing diversion though.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #73
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to echo a bunch of comments here. The movie was very good. Easily the best Batman movie, and I really liked the first Batman movie. This one was better.

Katie Holmes shouldn't be in major movies. She bugs me a lot...for petty reasons. Her eyes don't point in the same direction, she has bad teeth, and she talks with a very crooked mouth. She also has an annoying habit of shaking her head very quickly any time she talks. All in all, I find her very distracting.

The fight scenes were very chaotic. This recent Hollywood fad of filming action scenes using a handheld camera very close to the action with a lot of quick cuts bothers me. I understand they are trying to show that the fight is chaotic, but I can understand that without the crazy camera work.

I would strongly recommend against taking an 8-year old to the movie. The movie was very dark and there were lots of disturbing images. I'm thinking anything younger than 11 or 12 would be too young for this movie.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

I thought this was the best Batman movie so far (crosses fingers for sequals that overwrite the dreadful sequals to the previous good Batman movie). Possible the best comicbook movie, although personally I loved the X-Men movies so far. And Sin City was just absolutely awesome. 3-way tie between batman Begins, X-Men and Sin City so far. (Does Sin City count as a "comicbook movie" though. From what I have been led to beleive, it's been pretty much only released in "graphic novel" format and not traditional "comics")

I thought the "chaostic, can't see what's going on" fights scenese weked really well for this movie. Afterall, it's the Dark Knight. I don't think they work for most movies, but this one they did.

Katie Holmes distracted me from the movie. When she would come on screen, I would think of Tom Cruise and what they are doing and I would be taken out of the movie. That was my main problem with her in the movie.

I would easily see this one again.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #75
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
by far best comic book movie ive ever seen. It was simply outstanding and Bale is spectacular. This is the movie of the year thus far BUT i havn't seen Cinderella Man yet.

I wonder if it will get any kind of serious award nominations. Probably not, though the script was really good. And pretty much everyone save Katie Holmes was perfectly cast.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:56 PM   #76
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I liked the movie a lot, though I share the complaints with Katie Holmes and the action scenes. Of course Nolan isn't really an action director, so I think what we saw was his unfamiliarity with the chase scene and action shots, hopefully if he does sequels (Batman Begins 2: The Beginning of the Beginning!) he'll be more skilled and they'll come out better. This one wasn't up to the standards of the X Men or Spiderman franchises but I liked how appropriately dark it was and how it emphasized Batman being just an ordinary trained guy with special equipment, not having magical powers.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-20-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 PM   #77
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

Ouch
Old 06-21-2005, 12:14 AM   #78
gkb
High School Varsity

I just saw it tonight with the wife. We both really enjoyed the movie. She was surprised at how well Bale played Batman. She thought he might be too much of a "pretty boy" to pull it off. I agree with her that he did a good job of it. I give it a solid "B" and I liked it more than Star Wars III and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which are the only other "summer" movies that I've seen thus far.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:43 AM   #79
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Katie Holmes...

...Cruise can have her.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 AM   #80
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
much stronger actress.

Dudes, it's going to be Chyna. Batman likes 'em beefy and brawny.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:49 AM   #81
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
CAdding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. "

Ouch

No kidding. Bringing out the claws.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #82
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
Dudes, it's going to be Chyna. Batman likes 'em beefy and brawny.

Chyna has a penis.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 AM   #83
timmynausea
College Starter

Katie Holmes was the weakest part of the movie to me, so her not being back is good news. Hopefully they bring in Mark Hammill.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 AM   #84
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chyna has a penis.

Maybe the idea is that Batman's love interest will also have a "secret identity!"
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:28 AM   #85
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
Katie Holmes was the weakest part of the movie to me, so her not being back is good news. Hopefully they bring in Mark Hammill.

As the love interest?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:32 AM   #86
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
As the love interest?

Yes. I think he could pull it off. Chyna would be too manly, though.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 AM   #87
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

So, with this talk of sequels and the Joker coming up, does this mean that essentially they'll be erasing the "history" of the other four movies (which, considering how crappy the last two in particular were, isn't a bad thing) and essentially starting over?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #88
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I hope they keep the sequels simple and don't make the mistake of the first franchise. No need for more than one main bad guy per movie. I don't want the sequel to be Batman v. Joker and Scarecrow and Penguin and Two-Face and Mr. Freeze and Catwoman.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:01 AM   #89
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Batman: Year One
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #90
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd

thats like 4 years old. i wouldve loved to see an aronofsky batman, but i think itd be so dark people would be slitting their wrists. nolan did a great job.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #91
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
So, with this talk of sequels and the Joker coming up, does this mean that essentially they'll be erasing the "history" of the other four movies (which, considering how crappy the last two in particular were, isn't a bad thing) and essentially starting over?

Yes, this is an entirely new franchise. That's why some of the plot points in "Begins" didn't match the old movies (the story behing the mugger, for example).
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #92
Franklinnoble
Banned

Clearly, we need Ricardo Montalban to be the next villain in the Batman series....
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #93
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack

I hope so.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:33 AM   #94
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Just saw this last night finally. Thought it was fantastic. Probably the best super hero movie out there. Solid acting. Great themes that they wove in and out throughout the film and played out beautifully. Bale played the most convincing Batman/Bruce Wayne so far. I think the origin story was great. By far the best explanation for why he does what he does and why he does it as a bat. Better even than the comic. Same story, they just made it deeper, more layered. Definitely looking forward to the sequel.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #95
Nwobhm
Mascot

I thought it was pretty decent, but the fight scenes near the end just degenerated into a clusterf*ck with all the quick edits. I'll rank it behind the keaton/nicholson original, but ahead of the others.
Nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 AM   #96
Coop
High School JV

You are dead to me Nwobhm. They are bringing Harvey Dent in the sequel should have been Assitant DA in BB, but whatever). Hopefully the story follows the Long Halloween. Should be interesting..
Old 07-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #97
Hammer755
High School Varsity

I just saw the movie on Saturday and loved it as well. While I echo the 2 main beefs with the movie (Holmes & the fight sequences), it was not enough to prevent me from immensely enjoying it. I went in with pretty high expectations because of all the good press I've read - I hate to do that since a film rarely lives up to the hype (looking your way Episode III). But Batman was even better than I expected. I'm a fan of the original Keaton/Nicholson movie, but this one blew it out of the water.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 07-18-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #98
SFL Cat
College Starter

I have to agree. Best Batman movie yet. I enjoyed Bale's Bruce Wayne as much as his Batman...can't really say that about the other movies (especially with girly man Keaton and wooden man Clooney). I was always like, "come on, come on, let's get to the Batman stuff".

My favorite line

BATMAN: (with animal ferocity) Do I look like a cop to you?!

I liked the quick fight editing in the Bat's first encounter with baddies -- kind of added to the "WTF is going on here" theme of the scene. But it did get irritating as they repeated it throughout the movie.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #99
KevinNU7
College Starter

I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the writing was excellent. They did a great job (much better then spiderman) of making Batman and future villains believable characters.

I hated Katie Holmes but I always hate her in movies. Other then her rack I see nothing of quality to her (thanks for making her cold in some of the sexual tension scenes). I enjoyed the fight scenes, it's the way batman would fight, it always bothered me in the other movies when he would swoop down in full glide and then fight a bunch of guys on the ground.

The only other thing I didn't like in this movie was a the car. That chase scene was pretty unnecessary and that car is pretty ridiculous. I especially ahted when he had the car parked in the alley randomly to help him escape. I mean how did he get it in that alley to begin with?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #100
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped.

Not so fast...

Quote:
Batman Sequel Proceeds

Batman Begins producer Charles Roven told SCI FI Wire that the cast is signed on for a sequel, the script is in the works, new cast members are being discussed and the only delay is an OK by director Christopher Nolan. "We all hope there is going to be another one," Roven said in an interview for the upcoming Terry Gilliam film The Brothers Grimm, which he also produced. "We're waiting for Chris Nolan to declare himself. We will do it after he does that."

Batman Begins star Christian Bale has signed on to reprise the role of the seething and dark Bruce Wayne/Batman, as have Michael Caine as the butler Alfred, Katie Holmes as the love interest Rachel Dawes and Gary Oldman as police detective Jim Gordon, Roven confirmed.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31955