Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2006, 10:06 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
The lack of a tongue-sticking-out smiley kills me.

There is one

You just need to use the smiles on the right side of the post area.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #52
Drake
assmaster

Ack. Over at the FOBL, we have all of that automated. You'd think Ryan would get off his ass and set us up the bomb here, too. Of course, finding ways to not run the Stunt Monkeys completely into the ground probably takes all of time and attention.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:11 AM   #53
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I went through this whole thread and there were ZERO pix of drunk college girls? For shame, for shame...

bleh... back to work...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #54
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti
I went through this whole thread and there were ZERO pix of drunk college girls? For shame, for shame...

bleh... back to work...
Do what the judge did, do a google search for his name
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
If the drinking age was to be reduced.. I can GUARENTEE there would be a giant upswing in not only dui's.. but dui fatalities.. Do you want to take the chance that one of those is one of your loved ones? I think not

I don't buy that. I know plenty of underaged kids now who drink and drive and hell, even brag about it at one point or another. Making it legal for them to drink, won't change the fact that they can't drink and drive legally. In fact, it'll be better because then they'll not get treated with a slap on the wrists because they're young and stupid.

No, they'll be treated like the adults they are.

It's stupid in a country that will send 18-year olds (hell, sometimes 17-year olds) off to war, that they can't enjoy all the rights of adulthood.

And I don't drink and I'm 27, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another. But..I think it's silly how many people defend these laws like they've done some good, when it's clear they have not.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #56
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'll grant that it is hypocritical in a sense that 18-20 year olds can do some things but not others. That age is a tough one, because I think some in that range are responsible, but many, many others are not. Probably most.

(The service argument is often used here...and I actually wouldn't be against dropping the drinking age to 18 for those who are enlisted. Why? Because those individuals who are are very well disciplined and supervised - if they screw up, they WILL be held accountable for it, no doubt. They have a set of responsibilities, and are forced to act in a mature manner. 18-20 year olds who are in college though? Please. They have no rules, no supervision, and are a train wreck waiting to happen.)

Quote:
My solution is simple... 19 year old drinking age and no more than a fine. Offer AODA counseling for those that wish it but don't force unwilling participants like myself into them with the threat of taking my license away for a non-driving related offense.

The bolded part is really where my primary disagreement lay. Laws do not have an "opt-out" if you happen to disagree with them.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:39 PM   #57
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Yes, yes I do.

You are trading personal freedom for safety, a trade I am not willing to make. There are lots of other trades of freedom for safety we could make. For example, the streets would be much safer were we to institute martial law and a national mandatory curfew. Which of those would you endure make to keep your family safer? You probably see these as ridiculous examples. To me, they are no more ridiculous than, and natural extensions of, denying any rights to adult citizens of this nation.
But, while your other example is in clear violation of the Bill of Rights and has been ruled as such in court, there is no right to alcohol.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:23 PM   #58
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs
If I'm not mistaken,

Parole violation means you've violated the conditions of being released from prison.

Probation violation means you've violated the conditions set by a judge so you wouldn't have to go to prison/jail (there are differences between prison and jail).

I believe you got your words mixed up.

You are correct, I meant probabtion not parole.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:41 PM   #59
Drake
assmaster

If I had to wait until I was 21 to be legal, all these whippersnappers should have to wait, too.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:58 PM   #60
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone
whats sad is the fact that the parents of 2 of the girls are blaming the judge......does anyone see a connection between the girls posting the website and the parents lack of teaching their girls to take responsibility for their actions?

That was my first thought on this story. It's one of the things that's always baffled me. Why get pissed at someone else when you or your kids/spous/friends are in the wrong?

If I'd have been sent to jail, my dad would have been the nicest guy you ever saw while he was at the station getting me out. We'd have a calm, quiet ride home. And then all hell would break loose the second I walked in the door. That would happen RIGHT NOW at the age of 33, much less if I were an 18 year old.

The parents blaming the judge and saying he has an anger problem and that he was just hurt about the website are so far out of the realm of reality they should be sentenced to something for their stupidity.

As for the drinking laws, I'm all for lowering them. But as Samdari said, we have a system of laws in place. You can't turn your back on those laws because you disagree with them. These girls got off with a slap on the wrist and then proceeded to slam the judge who gave them the slap on the wrist. That's about as moronic as it gets, not even counting the way they did it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #61
Rizon
Pro Starter

There should be a designated day each week where it is ok to kick the shit out of teenagers. And that day should be Monuesednesursriaturunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote