Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #51
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I'm so uninterested in this community that I constantly seek attention from its members while causing problems that have led to my boxing on several occasions, after which I was still so uninterested that I came back for more of the same. Everyone sucks if they don't love me, especially when I'm at my most abrasive.

Fixed that for you. Good luck at whatever new forum is lucky enough to have you. One piece of advice, though -- I'd wait at least a couple of weeks before informing all of them about how much of an icon you are, just to get some practice with the whole 'getting along with other people' thing, since it looks like you're planning a fresh start.

NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #52
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I always envisioned Hell Atlantic as "Sex" from "So You Think You Can Dance."

Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #53
Lorena
Unregistered

This might be more like it

Last edited by Lorena : 07-19-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #54
korme
Go Reds

I don't get it, why is everyone ripping HA? He can be off putting sometimes, but certainly you can understand if your username got changed?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #55
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

worst. gimmick. ever.
Toddzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #56
Barkeep49
Coordinator

At least his signature is shorter now.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #57
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'd like to know if this is a just a ploy to get attention or if some douchebag actually changed his name without him asking...

Since his signin name would change and how would he know it's changed unless he requested it...

HRM?????
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #58
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
I'd like to know if this is a just a ploy to get attention or if some douchebag actually changed his name without him asking...

Since his signin name would change and how would he know it's changed unless he requested it...

HRM?????

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I LOL'd at Poli's post. I thought Anthony's response was interesting that he wants to keep real life/internet life separate. Maybe this is a mod's idea that he won't post as much outlandish over the line stuff if he can't hide behind his HA persona. Shrug.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

HRM?????

A-ha.......by George Watson....

Request to the mods to change dangarions name to Sherlock
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #61
Bad-example
College Starter

Ant-knee! ANT-knee! Hey Antknee!

The guy lives in New York. Just thought we should be pronouncing it correctly.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #62
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

HRM?????

Maybe his cookies still worked, and his member ID was the same? Unless that's not what you're asking. Anyway, I don't think it's implausible that he didn't find out until making a post, or seeing one of his old posts.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #63
Flasch186
Coordinator

unless of course HA had his IPOD stolen by someone who lives in the hood and HA drove over, by himself, let the guy take it from him to check it out and never came back with it....then when the guy logged on later, from the stolen Ipod HE actually changed HA's stuff to be Anthony....see he saw all the silly ass ridiculous shit HA has said in the past and realized, "shit, I dont wanna be known as that guy, I better change the username."

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-19-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #64
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
unless of course HA had his IPOD stolen by someone who lives in the hood and HA drove over, by himself, let the guy take it from him to check it out and never came back with it....then when the guy logged on later, from the stolen Ipod HE actually changed HA's stuff to be Anthony....see he saw all the silly ass ridiculous shit HA has said in the past and realized, "shit, I dont wanna be known as that guy, I better change the username."

of course
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:19 AM   #65
Lorena
Unregistered

I saw the name change on Wednesday because I wondered if Antmeister changed his name mocking my name change, but after clicking on "Anthony"s profile, I noticed it was HA. If he's so pissed about a mod supposedly changing his name, why did it take him 2 days to speak up?
Old 07-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #66
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,
and yeah, you need to login under the new username otherwise it wont' work. I tried logging in under my old username and it didnt' work.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #67
Izulde
Head Coach

Busted.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #68
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
dola,
and yeah, you need to login under the new username otherwise it wont' work. I tried logging in under my old username and it didnt' work.

Yeah, but if he was already "logged in" on his PC, it might still log him in anyway if it's linked to a userid number or something rather than the actual username itself.

(on a sorta related note, does anyone else find that they need to log in about 5 times outta 10 anyhow, even if they tick "remember me"?)
Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM   #69
Danny
Head Coach

I only shut down my pc about once a week, so I often only need to log in once a week. If HA did the same, he could have been logged in during the change and not had to put in the new name.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #70
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Who cares, what does he add to this community?

He basicly admited he exists to troll and push the envelope and expects to be banned at some point
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:44 AM   #71
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

He basicly admited he exists to troll and push the envelope and expects to be banned at some point

Honestly, from my perspective, the artist formerly known as HA is one of the real "characters" of this board. Nothing he says ever offends me precisely because I know that's what he's trying to do, and I find a good deal of it pretty funny and off the wall.

I enjoy a lot of the various discussions that go on here at FOFC, from the political to the sports to the whatever random topics of the day, and I think that it's a bit of a shame that a lot of the characters that used to give this community that extra little bit of flavour have slowly been driven away one by one over the years I've been here.

I don't condone trolling at all, but a lot of the guys who get written off as trolls and banned or made to feel completely unwelcome also had some interesting or funny stuff to contribute at times, and feel that the boards are worse off for not having them around anymore. I'm not going to name names, but I'm sure those who have been here as long (or longer) as me know who I mean.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:06 AM   #72
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
"It's better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a lamb."
John Gotti
I'm pretty sure Gotti wasn't talking about chit-chat board personas.

This Anthony kid is a fucking nerd.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #73
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'd like to change my name from RedKingGold to Hell Atlantic please.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #74
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

As though the same couldn't be asked about a significant percent of the board?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #75
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I only shut down my pc about once a week, so I often only need to log in once a week. If HA did the same, he could have been logged in during the change and not had to put in the new name.

This is correct. I haven't logged out and had to put in my new name yet from the switch.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #76
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Anthony is all about thick plots and grinders.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #77
Zelig
Mascot

Anthony is hard core. We don't even know.
Zelig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #78
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I don't get it, why is everyone ripping HA? He can be off putting sometimes, but certainly you can understand if your username got changed?

right. it's not like someone changed it to korme or something
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #79
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E. Lou
You were given an ultimatum a while back to shape up or ship out. You shaped up, for a while, but have essentially gone back to the old behaviors that precipitated the initial ultimatum. Given the history, a week in the box was a small punishment for your most recent transgression--had that been the only punishment.

so now it's not enough for people to be put in the box. walk the line or DUN DUN DUNNNNN - you'll have your username changed.

as if i'm Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde and i act differently based on what my username is. whatever. i have Hell Atlantic displayed prominently in my sig so you fools know what time it is.

lorena - i look like that guy, just picture vin diesel instead of that kid. i don't have the guns or awesome pecs that vin has, but i also don't take steroids and unfortunately drink a lot of beer so i got a wee bit of a beer pouch. but i get "you look like vin diesel" several times a month. but popped collar, hat tilted to the side, ample size arms, grinning. yep, that's me. i don't wear pink, every playboy wears pink now. i'd wear it if it wasn't so prevailent. i look good in pink. i have a yearlong natural tan so tanned skin in pink is caliente.

whatever, i'm tired of complaing about the name. it'd just be good if people (ie, the mods/Ben) would send a PM first, let you know what's going on so that you don't think you've been hacked (which i essentially was). you just can't make up rules as you go. since when are the mods in the business of changing names? that's a rhetorical question, not an invitation from ben to give some smarmy smart alec response. its actually humorous now that conventional methods of punishment aren't sufficient for me. i'm really just a kitty cat, i'm harmless.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #80
Flasch186
Coordinator

now it's just a name?

Maybe the change worked on you because, oh, at the top of the page youre screaming about how it's more than a name.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #81
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
right. it's not like someone changed it to korme or something

Yea, per my request...

Can't believe it actually was changed.. that's a bit childish and silly isn't it

Last edited by korme : 07-20-2008 at 11:46 AM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #82
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

no, my friend. i don't log off. what happened was ben flat out changed my username. one minute i was Hell Atlantic, the next minute i clicked on the "NCAA '09" thread and saw Kodos had answered a question of mine, only the person who asked the question wasn't Hell Atlantic, it was some awesomely good looking and witty guy named Anthony. POOF! just like that. add to that several people seemed to also have their names changed (MattJones=MJ4H; bsak=Dr. Sak) and i thought something weird was going on.

logging in/out had nothing to do with it. Hell Atlantic has been disabled (in name only - as if you can disable something's "awesomeness" just by calling it something else), i can only log in now as Anthony.

whatever. how about more communication and less shadowy gestapo crap? ok bye.

Last edited by Anthony : 07-20-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #83
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
now it's just a name?

Maybe the change worked on you because, oh, at the top of the page youre screaming about how it's more than a name.

well, you can see "Hell Atlantic" displayed very prominently in my sig, you can't miss it, so you know who the author is. and my modus operandi is to shoot first and ask questions later. now that enough time has elapsed i've since simmered. business as usual.

i find it funny that people consider me a troll. i don't think people know what that word really means. there's people who try to digitally attack or harass another person via the internet. i don't do that. then there's people who, toeing the line between funny and controversial/outrageous tend to go over the line a bit, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

just think - for something to be rude or offensive, someone has to be offended. if no one gets offended then that thing that otherwise would've been considered over the line is then just considered funny. it takes the sensitive few who can't brush off what is essentially words on a page from an anonymous poster to cry "troll! troll!". i defy anyone here to find a post where i attacked someone or harassed someone unprovoked. you won't find it. at least not from the last 3 or 4 years. this myth and fiction that i'm a troll started as a complaint from a couple sensitive people and over the years has been accepted as fact. but i just don't attack people willy nilly. that's what a troll does.

subby has a small scrotum that manufactures sperm that don't swim well.

that's unprovoked.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #84
Flasch186
Coordinator

BTW, I agree. I'd be pissed if all of a sudden my screenname were changed. You grow to like the name I guess. That being said I think some people are closer to the "line" whatever that means than others and invite consequences that maybe no one had thought about before...

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #85
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I LOL'd at Poli's post. I thought Anthony's response was interesting that he wants to keep real life/internet life separate. Maybe this is a mod's idea that he won't post as much outlandish over the line stuff if he can't hide behind his HA persona. Shrug.

yes, i'm clearly out in the open now. i'm naked.

hold me.

ok, i move on to other things now. mystery solved.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #86
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Aparently the NOFL has both lost, and gained a member at the same exact time, and they are the same person. Still I can't help feeling like this was a downgrade.

wb
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #87
digamma
Torchbearer

Yet another reason to be thankful of the board feature that allows you to turn signatures off.

Though, it is a bit of a trade off...with signatures off, I don't get to be reminded that that small scrotumed Subby is such an idiot that he misspelled "invisible."
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #88
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Ah... how I love the inter FOFC fighting. It provides something to read on those boring days.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #89
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I believed Hell Atlantic. The more I posted on here the less I liked it. But the way the mods act, I totally believed they would do something like that. After all this is HA not just an attention whore, that doesn't add anything to this board. I refuse to call you by your screen name, you have earned my respect.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #90
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Aparently the NOFL has both lost, and gained a member at the same exact time, and they are the same person. Still I can't help feeling like this was a downgrade.

wb

Don't worry, he'll quit soon.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #91
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
subby has a small scrotum that manufactures sperm that don't swim well.

that's unprovoked.
They don't swim at all, actually.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #92
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Old 07-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #93
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I believed Hell Atlantic. The more I posted on here the less I liked it. But the way the mods act, I totally believed they would do something like that. After all this is HA not just an attention whore, that doesn't add anything to this board. I refuse to call you by your screen name, you have earned my respect.

All 174 posts in a year and a half? I'm glad you gave us a fair chance there. I can think of 174 posts at least that I made that got bad reactions.

I don't normally go after post counts but when someone specifically brings them up....
Old 07-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #94
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm starting to buy into the conspiracy theory on TCY Junkie. I'd love to see an IP match on that account.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #95
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I'm starting to buy into the conspiracy theory on TCY Junkie. I'd love to see an IP match on that account.

+1
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #96
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
All 174 posts in a year and a half? I'm glad you gave us a fair chance there. I can think of 174 posts at least that I made that got bad reactions.

I don't normally go after post counts but when someone specifically brings them up....

Let me state many people on here that aren't mods are far too awesome for me. I've been visiting since 3 months after FOF released. This isn't the place I thought it was when I got boxed and they didn't even respond to the messages I sent them that day. This really bothers me for a site I really think highly of.

Groundhog's second paragraph explains it better than what I can. It is my second sentence. I would apologize for being obtuse, its the way I communicate, but was told not to apologize anymore.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #97
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
After all this is HA not just an attention whore.

what

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #98
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
what

Co-Signed
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #99
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Thoughts:

- Yet another case of SkyDork being SkyDork.

- I think it is borderline privacy infringement to use HA's real name, even if just his first. Misuse of moderator knowledge if nothing else.

- ++ on the TCY IP match.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #100
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think it is borderline privacy infringement to use HA's real name, even if just his first. Misuse of moderator knowledge if nothing else.

Ummm.....sure.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote