Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
So from 0.001% to 0.006%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
The risk of flu while pregnant, especially in the third trimester, is pretty serious. Yes the risk of actual death is probably still on the low end, but you're looking at a decent risk of hospitalization and premature birth.. and recent studies have shown that even being just a week early can have long-term consequences.

Yeah, I'm assuming Mike's comment is more about his feelings about people over-reacting regarding swine-flu in the country...

that said, after my wife almost died thanks to getting what was diagnosed as bronchitis late in her pregnancy which ended up either developing into (or having been the entire time) pneumonia, I don't think I'll ever underestimate even the most trivial sicknesses for pregnant women again.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #52
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah, I'm assuming Mike's comment is more about his feelings about people over-reacting regarding swine-flu in the country...

When you factor in I am a full time student out risk of exposure goes up a lot. And I don't give a fuck if it is .00002% I'm not taking any chances.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #53
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
When you factor in I am a full time student out risk of exposure goes up a lot. And I don't give a fuck if it is .00002% I'm not taking any chances.

Generally, your chance of having an adverse reaction to the immunization is greater than that.

With the swine flu shot, the CDC has no idea what those chances are.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Generally, your chance of having an adverse reaction to the immunization is greater than that.

With the swine flu shot, the CDC has no idea what those chances are.

my point is that we are at greater risk for Swine Flu given our circumstances. I am on a college campus 5 days a week and we live in a major city.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #55
PilotMan
Head Coach

Got my flu shot at the Wal-Mart today. Walked right up, sat down, done in 5. Didn't get one last year, and felt like I was walking around taking my chances everywhere I went. Now between the little kids being in school for the first time, and my job, I should be good to go.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #56
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Got my flu shot at the Wal-Mart today. Walked right up, sat down, done in 5. Didn't get one last year, and felt like I was walking around taking my chances everywhere I went. Now between the little kids being in school for the first time, and my job, I should be good to go.

My wife has a ton of travel for work coming up, which was another reasone we got one.