Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #51
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Every team I picked to win their respective series lost last night. Good thing I didn't predict any sweeps.

I was 3/4

Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #52
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Here's Hockey Night in Canada explaining how we got Coyotes fans to ThrowTheSnake.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #53
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Was at the game last night - nice win for the Coyotes. The Red Wings completely outplayed them in the first two periods - but Phoenix managed to end up tied 2-2. Then, Phoenix played a phenomenal 3rd period and got the win. IMO, it was a must-win for Phoenix to have a chance and we'll see what happens Friday night (I'll be in Vegas, so I won't make the game. The choices we make... ).
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #54
boberot
High School Varsity

Even before last night's games, I thought Ottawa would be trouble for the Pens. They've been hot and i think will take Pitt to 6 or 7.

My beloved Buffalo Sabres will have more trouble with Boston than most people think, too. This is not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #55
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
Even before last night's games, I thought Ottawa would be trouble for the Pens. They've been hot and i think will take Pitt to 6 or 7.

My beloved Buffalo Sabres will have more trouble with Boston than most people think, too. This is not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination.

I think the B's/Sabres should be a good, low-scoring, grind it out series with Miller and Tuukka. I'm guessing we'll see a couple of OT games, and the B's just can't put the puck in the net, so those will likely go Buffalo's way, along with the series, ultimately.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #56
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
I think the B's/Sabres should be a good, low-scoring, grind it out series with Miller and Tuukka. I'm guessing we'll see a couple of OT games, and the B's just can't put the puck in the net, so those will likely go Buffalo's way, along with the series, ultimately.

It just depends on what Sabres team shows up. If you go guys like Derek Roy, Adam Mair, and Connelly play hard, smart, and a team game, they can beat anyone. And the D just has to not force anything. I think rookie Tyler Myers and Patrick Kaleta will be the x-factors for the Sabres.

Hopefully Vanek has found his game after coming back in the final two games with a scoring touch.

The bad news is Hecht will be out for "weeks" and I'm not sure if Stafford will be playing tonight.

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-15-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #57
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
It just depends on what Sabres team shows up. If you go guys like Derek Roy, Adam Mair, and Connelly play hard, smart, and a team game, they can beat anyone. And the D just has to not force anything. I think rookie Tyler Myers and Patrick Kaleta will be the x-factors for the Sabres.

Hopefully Vanek has found his game after coming back in the final two games with a scoring touch.

The bad news is Hecht will be out for "weeks" and I'm not sure if Stafford will be playing tonight.

I'm pretty sure Stafford is out...and that's not exactly bad news Hecht is a big loss, however.

I'm about to shuffle down to Buffalo for the game...really looking forward to seeing live playoff hockey for the first time in three years and expect the atmosphere to be off the charts.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #58
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Was at the game last night - nice win for the Coyotes. The Red Wings completely outplayed them in the first two periods - but Phoenix managed to end up tied 2-2. Then, Phoenix played a phenomenal 3rd period and got the win. IMO, it was a must-win for Phoenix to have a chance and we'll see what happens Friday night (I'll be in Vegas, so I won't make the game. The choices we make... ).

Giving up a ridiculous 3 powerplay goals in a playoff game is unacceptable.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #59
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Abdelkader is in, Williams out tomorrow.

Thank christ.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #60
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Milan Michalek torn ACL, done for the playoffs. I'd say this is another break for the Pens, except the top 6 for Ottawa doesn't have to score to beat Pittsburgh.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #61
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Here's Hockey Night in Canada explaining how we got Coyotes fans to ThrowTheSnake.

meme is pronounced meem? I didn't know that.

also, that's very cool
Old 04-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #62
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sharks will take it in 12.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #63
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
meme is pronounced meem? I didn't know that.
This is why I could never do TV or radio. I'd constantly be bailing out midway through sentences when I realized I didn't know how to pronounce things.

"Throw the Snake spread as an internet... um... thing... that a lot of people send around. You know, one of those."
Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #64
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
This is why I could never do TV or radio. I'd constantly be bailing out midway through sentences when I realized I didn't know how to pronounce things.

"Throw the Snake spread as an internet... um... thing... that a lot of people send around. You know, one of those."

I'm sure you'd be great, but you might want to avoid any post-season TV or radio since people typically aren't great at pronouncing things they aren't familiar with and I could really see something like this be a little embarassing

"I think Detroit is going to win it all and Nick Lidstrom is going to, once again, lift the... um... that thing... that they skate around with after they win. You know, that shiny trophy thing."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #65
DataKing
Pro Rookie

That's just mean.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure you'd be great, but you might want to avoid any post-season TV or radio since people typically aren't great at pronouncing things they aren't familiar with and I could really see something like this be a little embarassing

"I think Detroit is going to win it all and Nick Lidstrom is going to, once again, lift the... um... that thing... that they skate around with after they win. You know, that shiny trophy thing."

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #67
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

I can't do TV or radio because I sound like I swallowed a chipmunk and I look like I'm wearing one on the top of my head
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #68
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's not a pronunciation thing for ML. It's just that no one alive in Toronto has ever actually seen the Cup.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #69
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Cold but funny

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #70
boberot
High School Varsity

Wow, Montreal serves notice in D.C. I'd love to see Washington lose or play a long, exhausting series to advance.

The Sabres take care of business after a shaky second period. Kudos to the usuals: Vanek, Miller, etc.

But also big props to the gritty guys like Kaleta, Montador, Mair and Rivet. If their presence is felt consistently, I like our chances.

And a tip of the hat to Ennis -- he looked really dangerous.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #71
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Wow...MAF gives up a goal on the first shot.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #72
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Pronger ties it back up!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #73
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Pronger ties it back up!!!

The Flyers are playing like crap this 2nd period. If not for Boucher it could be much worse.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #74
kingfc22
Head Coach

You have got to be kidding me. Puck deflects off of Vlasic's throat and into the bet 1:10 into the game. I think the Sharks are cursed.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #75
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Am I watching basketball or hockey in this Red Wings game? That's like 5 goals in the last 3-4 minutes or so.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #76
bbor
Pro Starter

Colin White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #77
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nabokov you suck! Avs have 4 goals on only 10 shots.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #78
General Mike
Pro Starter

Come on Coyotes.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #79
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Colin White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
help
Old 04-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #80
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Come on Coyotes.

Sorry, dude.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #81
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So, it's Colorado 5, San Jose 4.

Shots are 14 (Colorado) to 37 (San Jose)?

WTF?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #82
kingfc22
Head Coach

Thank god this game is going to OT. Sharks cannot lose this one.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #83
TroyF
Coordinator

Don't worry, I'm sure Nabby can let a soft one in during the OT period.

Sharks clearly deserve this win. I'm thinking they'll be happy as hell to go on the road if they were to lose this game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #84
TroyF
Coordinator

Very nice. Blake is allowed to give a forearm shiver to the head of Gallinari, but Blake gives a love tap to the back of the net and it's a power play? Good call refs.

Right team won the game, but what a joke of an ending.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #85
MikeVic
Head Coach

Maybe it was a make-up call for that crap call against Blake on the perfectly fine hip check?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #86
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

No suspension for Andy Sutton for hit on Jordan Leopold.

So, the new standard for head hits has been set...same as the old, before the rule was written.

It wasn't an elbow, and Leopold was leaning forward. But the two things highlighted in the new rule-- targeting the head and hit on player receiving lateral or back pressure -- both happen on this play.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #87
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That was a huge goal in San Jose last night. I told my wife that whether the Sharks got a goal in the last minute would probably decide the series.

SI

Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #88
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
No suspension for Andy Sutton for hit on Jordan Leopold.

So, the new standard for head hits has been set...same as the old, before the rule was written.

It wasn't an elbow, and Leopold was leaning forward. But the two things highlighted in the new rule-- targeting the head and hit on player receiving lateral or back pressure -- both happen on this play.

It cancels out the non-suspension for this hit that happened earlier this year...

In all seriousness, I am surprised he (Sutton) didn't get anything.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #89
General Mike
Pro Starter

Jose Jose Jose Jose
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #90
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

I only am because of the rule change.

He didn't lead with his elbow (even if Ray Fittipaldo believes he did, check out this clip, funny shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmVdVJ1sRJI ) and doesn't leave his feet until after contact.

But, like I said above, the new rule is you can not target the head (point of impact is the head) and can not make the hit if the player is receiving lateral or back pressure (there is a guy on Leopold's hip).

Before there wasn't a rule against it, and Matt Cooke was dirty. Now there is a rule against it, but it's not enforced. NHL makes no sense.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #91
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Caps are making the Flyers goaltending issues look trivia
Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #92
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Clutterbuck's a real name?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #93
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Theodore was pulled and the Caps cut the lead in half but the Habs just made it 3-1. Washington has the firepower, but they're in trouble and the crowd is silent

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-17-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #94
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Caps in big trouble now, down 4-1 with 2:16 to go in the 2nd period

SI

Old 04-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #95
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

They get one back and the crowd is getting back into things. Still in the 2nd period

And now Caps on the power play with 20s to go

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-17-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #96
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

That's it AO!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #97
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I hate the Senators more than I hate anything in the world.

That was a clean hit. No suspension. Not even a discussion.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #98
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Caps tie it up! They really are a fun team to watch

SI

Old 04-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #99
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I hate the Senators more than I hate anything in the world.

That was a clean hit. No suspension. Not even a discussion.

But what team did he hit?
Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #100
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap! I'll say it again, this team is fun to watch

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-17-2010 at 08:32 PM.