Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #51
Kodos
Resident Alien

I believe I have been sold on this game.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #52
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I believe I have been sold on this game.

I agree. I was going to pass, but it is getting tougher each day.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #53
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Online Dynasty to be available from the web.

Video Games: Online dynasty on 'NCAA Football 11' to feature Web recruiting, story generator - ESPN

All recruiting activities in online dynasty can be done without being on the console!

I read this and I was like, wow.

If this works as advertised, it's huge. Basically, you have to play an online dynasty (even if you're playing alone) to take advantage of this. Am I understanding this correctly? Are there any substantial differences between playing an offline and and online dynasty? I'm asking because I've never played in an online dynasty, I always played offline.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #54
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm pretty sure they are both the same (online and offline dynasties).
Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #55
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Im in for a 360 league
Old 06-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Demo is out. Downloading it for the 360 now before I have to go to work.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #57
whomario
Pro Starter

Am going to switch from 360 to PS3 mainly to finally play another batch of college-type games that arenīt available in PAL for the 360, so i am very glad to see so many positive things posted on this game
Hope to get a good deal for my 360 considering i just had it replaced by Microsoft when i sent it in for a bad disc-drive, would be nice to get at least half the buying price for a new PS3, maybe a bit more coming from ebay selling my old games ...
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #58
Galaril
Pro Starter

I don't have an XBOX or PS3 just WII and PC so guess I am out of luck.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Demo is a whopping 1.66 GB. I'm halfway done downloading.. hope it finishes before I have to leave in about an hour.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just hope this game doesn't come with a ton of bugs like last year's version. The attempt at an OD was such a fiasco.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Demo just finished downloading. One nice feature is that you can change the difficulty level on the demo this year. So, if it sucks, people won't be able to just blame it on being on Varsity. Trying a game or two now before work.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #62
Kodos
Resident Alien

The demo is getting rave reviews over at OS.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #63
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I like how the up-tempo teams actually play that way. OU runs back to the line of scrimmage and calls their next play anytime they have a play end in bounds.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #64
Logan
Head Coach

What are the matchups available?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #65
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Seems like we will have to be more open-minded about what is considered "cheesing" this year given all of the new offensive styles such as up tempo.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #66
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:

Well...that's not saying much. Everything gets rave reviews the first hour over there. Then two weeks later it's "bitch bitch bitch."

IMO demo's aren't a very good indication of how the game will play. I remember playing the demo for NCAA 09 and thinking it played almost nothing like the actual game when that eventually came out.

That being said, as long as there are no game-killing bugs, I'm probably going to pick this years game up. If the MLB: The Show FA glitch is going to affect my RTTS the way I think it will, I'll be playing this game a lot more than expected.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #67
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, it's still better than bitch bitch bitch from the start.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #68
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What are the matchups available?

Texas-OU at the Cotton Bowl
Miami(FL) at Ohio State
Florida at Florida State
Missouri at Clemson
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #69
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, it's still better than bitch bitch bitch from the start.

Oh I agree 100%. All I'm saying is that it's SOP to be all gaga over an EA game over there the day it drops, then to start bitching shortly afterward. The initial reaction of a bunch of 13 year old's isn't the best gauge for judging how strong a game is, IMO. Neither is the quality of a demo for that matter. Not arguing here.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #70
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts after my first game of NCAA 2011 demo: (Texas v Oklahoma)

Apparently both teams play up tempo, I was Oklahoma and Texas rushed to the line after every in bounds play.

I do like they threw deep a few times, usually after throwing a couple short ones to try to get me to cheat in.

Throwing slants over the middle may not be money plays anymore.. I tried it a couple times and my QB sailed it over the guys head three times,

Concerned about the QB Scrambling.. three times, my QB was able to pull it down and run for good yards (once after being hit but not dropped by a rusher.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-14-2010 at 03:05 PM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #71
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Cannot wait to get home and get my Mizzou on!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #72
whomario
Pro Starter

This demo is tons of fun Really think this will suit me more than Madden did, the player models alone feel more "elegant" and the whole game plays a lot smoother.
Now this wonīt say a lot as far as comparing NCAA 10 and 11 but i thought iīd mention it anyway

Really feels very fluid

Does anyone know if team styles change over the course of a dynasty ? Is it head-coach-driven ?
And can you automatise certain aspects like recruiting but then step in again after a few weeks in game ?

Last edited by whomario : 06-14-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Typing this on my phone, but I was very impressed with the one game played before work. They seemed to do a good job of spying against me when I was using Pryor and I only had 3 short gains with him and 1 fumble which made me want to avoid big hits with him after that. The blitz felt more dangerous in that game although I did hit 1 quick slant against it for a 75 yard TD with #8. Looking forward to trying harder to scramble with Pryor tonight as well as trying other teams. Best thing in that 1st game was no INT's on default AA.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Forgot to mention one thing. At first I thought the demo had limited playbooks, but you have to press the right stick in (on 360) to get out of basic playcalling which is the default. Once you do, that you have each team's full playbooks available.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #75
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I am resisting the hype for now, though I remember how much fun I had in an online league here and that is tempting. Still, I loved Madden last year....NCAA was good, not great. It will take a good showing on both games for me to buy them as I love importing classes.

I remember last year's demo ended up being vastly different from the game (game speed, graphics)....so I'll definitely we watching how the real game looks. Just a month away, right?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I am resisting the hype for now, though I remember how much fun I had in an online league here and that is tempting. Still, I loved Madden last year....NCAA was good, not great. It will take a good showing on both games for me to buy them as I love importing classes.

I remember last year's demo ended up being vastly different from the game (game speed, graphics)....so I'll definitely we watching how the real game looks. Just a month away, right?

July 13th is the day for the retail version. I now share a bit of Fozzie's concern about running QB's. I can't get positive gains every play with Pryor, but I can almost every play including a few big gains. Going to try some QB with less acceleration, agility and speed now (Pryor has a 91 speed, 97 acceleration, and 88 agility.)

On the plus side, I do think the linebackers attempt to funnel the runner back into the middle of the field where other guys can tackle which is an improvement. Locomotion has impressed me so far. I tried to do some of the ridiculous circle running that was prevalent last year and the cuts made it impossible.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #77
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Thanks. The QB thing is something I'll watch, as I play a lot of roll out in NCAA, where as I'm purely a pocket passer in Madden. If it's too easy to roll out and then gain yardage it'll be NCAA 07 all over again. It was too easy in that game to have a QB with 1200 yds rushing.

In a way, I'm glad I'll be out of the country for the release. Removes temptation.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #78
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think you are allowed to say negative things about EA games there since they want the free games and EA people to hang around.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #79
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't think you are allowed to say negative things about EA games there since they want the free games and EA people to hang around.

You get banned for saying anything bad about EA.

Demo seems OK, I'll buy it even though I'm not completely ecstatic by it.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After having played a few different teams with slower QB's, I'm not as concerned about QB rushing. I am a bit concerned that running plays may be overpowered. On one hand, it is nice to have WR reverses that can finally gain some positive yardage. On the other hand, I just racked up over 200 yards rushing with Florida.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #81
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm undecided about this. I won't be buying Madden this year with the latest announcement, but I still feel burnt by how awful the last version of NCAA was (2 years ago).
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #82
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My first game was great.. although I lost 10-7 against Clemson, there is so much to like about the demo.

The AI had a running game, busting off a 59 yd TD against me. They threw a bomb.. ran the spread really well.. etc.

The presentation was great.. locomotion or whatever they want to call it is excellent.

Will play more tomorrow...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #83
Kodos
Resident Alien

After a few games with the demo, I'm ready to say it is already better than last year's game. Which isn't saying much, really.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #84
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm assuming the issue was still there last year where teams use the same playbooks year after year, regardless of personnel?

Made for some interesting games last time I played when I had slow QBs running the option...
Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #85
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Are there any boards out there like the old OS? They used to be pretty good at digging up the flaws and good things in games back in the day. Looking for a site like that to get impressions from.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #86
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm assuming the issue was still there last year where teams use the same playbooks year after year, regardless of personnel?

Made for some interesting games last time I played when I had slow QBs running the option...

it seems a flaw like that would actually not be teams using the same playbooks, but teams recruiting wrong for their style of play.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 06-15-2010 at 01:27 AM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #87
Icy
Pro Starter

I played a couple of games before going to bed, and besides seeing a it a bit more fluid than 09 (skipped 10) and better looking, both players graphics and specially presentation, i didn't really see that huge improvements on gameplay i was expecting with "locomotion".

It's a better game than past versions, but the evolution in next gen has not been that impressing in all the years they have had with the new consoles already.

I'm going to pass on Madden this year because the lack of franchise and Superstar improvements, and was going to pick NCCA instead as i skipped past year, but, unless i read awesome reviews about dynasty or Road to glory (i love the mode but the playcalling AI has always been stupid), i think i'm going to pass from both EA football games this year for first time ever.

I'm way more excited about FIFA11 and NHL11, and it pisses me off, as football is still my fav sport.

Last edited by Icy : 06-15-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #88
whomario
Pro Starter

btw, if it works the ability to create a dynasty and than do stuff like recruiting on the PC is going to be great since i am not at home and without a console a good share of weekends
Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #89
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After a few games with the demo, I'm ready to say it is already better than last year's game. Which isn't saying much, really.

Speak for yourself.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #90
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Speak for yourself.

I did.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I also was unhappy with last year's game, but have played enough demo games to feel this will be a nice improvement. I'm looking forward to the 13th.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #92
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did.

Ok poopsie.

I loved 09, played almost as much 10.. v11 has a really nice feel to it thus far.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #93
Kodos
Resident Alien

I had a few sweet things happen in my 3 games last night.

Had a nice fade route with Ohio State against Miami. I hot-routed a WR to the corner, lobbed it up, and he made a nice jump to pull it in and then get the toe-tap for the TD.

Had a cool play against me where a guy caught it right near the sideline. I figured his momentum would carry him out of bounds like in previous games. Instead he planted his foot, cut back into the field, and picked up another 15 yards before we tracked him down.

A lot more errant passes, especially by me. I overthrew quite a few receivers.

The presentation is a lot better, even if I already have started noticing repetition of cutscenes (like the shot where you see the player's Nike shoes before they head out onto the field).

I never minded Corso, but not missing him now that he's gone.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dynasty Wire : NCAA Football 11 News : EA SPORTS

Pretty cool...
Old 06-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #95
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I guess they have added tuner sets to NCAA, this could be huge if they use it like NHL does.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #96
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I guess they have added tuner sets to NCAA, this could be huge if they use it like NHL does.

You mean I can finally listen to my favorite classic rock station while I play?

"Why must you be such an angry young man when your future looks quite bright to me..."

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-18-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #97
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
You mean I can finally listen to my favorite classic rock station while I play?

"Why must you be such an angry young man when your future looks quite bright to me..."

Not quiet, it allows them to make minor tweaks to the gameplay without issuing a full patch.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #98
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Oh nuts...what are sliders for then?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #99
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Oh nuts...what are sliders for then?

for you to make minor tweaks to the gameplay, duh ...

I guess (didnīt play NHL) that they would change the effectiveness of slider or the difficulty of the different difficulty sets, maybe update small stuff like uniforms.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #100
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NHL tuner sets made some fairly significant changes to gameplay that sliders couldn't quite match. I'm happy to hear they are in NCAA now.