Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #51
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

I drove all the way to my parents house expecting to see the results but apparently you guys are still workin on it!

TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #52
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
Ditto, what did the trick is pulling your teeth. If you don't have teeth it doesnt allow you to bite them.

P.S. First time I have ever admitted this publicly to any friends (you guys -N- gal) and anyone outside my immediate family (wife, mom, and kids of course know). It feels good to not feel I need to hide it anymore. FTR: The doctors said its a side effect to all the perscriptions I have to take daily. I take 11 different pills each and everyday in order to survive this life daily. Thanks for being there in a life step.

I am honored, hyde, and I am sure everyone is, too. It's a tribute to you that you not only survive and live with your disability, but indeed, you thrive. Credit to you, sir.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #53
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Classic game 7:

Havana 7, Spring 3

Spoiler

Havana leads the series 4-3

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #54
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Ditto, what did the trick is pulling your teeth. If you don't have teeth it doesnt allow you to bite them.

P.S. First time I have ever admitted this publicly to any friends (you guys -N- gal) and anyone outside my immediate family (wife, mom, and kids of course know). It feels good to not feel I need to hide it anymore. FTR: The doctors said its a side effect to all the perscriptions I have to take daily. I take 11 different pills each and everyday in order to survive this life daily. Thanks for being there in a life step.

<3 Hyde!!! (no disrespect to the wife, of course)

Isn't is great to have a place where you can come and say whatever you want and instead of judgment you get respect (for the most part, unless you're talking about your fake baseball skills) and understanding? Thanks for being a part of that!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am honored, hyde, and I am sure everyone is, too. It's a tribute to you that you not only survive and live with your disability, but indeed, you thrive. Credit to you, sir.

Personally speaking, my continuing to do this is not due to OOTP or even baseball, but instead this community. I love the mix of personalities of people and every single one of you as an individual are people that help make my enjoyment of FOOL baseball increase for your own reasons. Hyde, I think it is impossible for me to ever fully appreciate your day to day difficulties but I absolutely am delighted that you choose to share with and be a part of this league.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #56
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Quote:
I can fill that role. lol

I can probably fill the role of tackling dummy if that position is open.

BTW Dan, did you ever pickup a copy of Ncaa11? I'm ready for you to put a beat down on me.
JTSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJ03 View Post
Clearly they need to find a new place kicker!

Bummer, I'm outta cap space.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Classic game 8:

Spring 8, Havana 7

Spoiler

The Classic is tied 4-4, forcing a deciding game 9!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #59
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wish Tasan was here. Seems like an excellent series so far.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is the third straight Classic that Spring has been in which went a full 9 games.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Down to the wire. Jimenez is the man here for me. Pitched great in Game One to get the win. Got blown out in Game Five (the missed PAT game). Which one will show up?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #62
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Personally speaking, my continuing to do this is not due to OOTP or even baseball, but instead this community. I love the mix of personalities of people and every single one of you as an individual are people that help make my enjoyment of FOOL baseball increase for your own reasons. Hyde, I think it is impossible for me to ever fully appreciate your day to day difficulties but I absolutely am delighted that you choose to share with and be a part of this league.

They need to have a "like" button for this like they do on facebook.

Sometimes when work/life gets to busy I think maybe I should cut something out but FOOL has never even been an option. You guys make this a great place to be around and besides I gotta stick it out at least as long as Tasan to retain our oldest and longest reigning owner status. Plus, you guys would missssss me if I left you.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #63
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game 9 likely starters:

Jorge 'Candyman' Himenez for Havana (14-9, 3.80 ERA; 1-2 3.57 this postseason)

vs

Jim 'Super' Banard for Spring (12-7, 3.78 ERA ; 1-1 2.60 this postseason)

Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #64
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Wish Tasan was here. Seems like an excellent series so far.

Like I said, I was very excited to see it still going after getting to my parent's house!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #65
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

I'm choosing my playoff favorite based on nickname alone!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Classic game 9:

..... and the winner is.....

Spoiler

Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #67
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

"Candyman" just brings to mind a shady dude in an old van with no windows trying to lure the children...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #68
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Yay Tasan!!! Too bad you couldn't be here for this one!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #69
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, October 7th, 2017
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Eugenio Rentería to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed CL Jesús Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Hirokazu Tanaka to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed CF Ángelo Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed SS Fu-chi Siew to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed 1B Will Mason to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed RF Garrett Dempsey to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed 2B Shunsho Matsunaga to a minor league contract extension.
Spring Lions: Signed 3B Young-sik Yun to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed 3B Ed Moore to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed SS Juan Gonzáles to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed 3B Anthony Lyons to a minor league contract extension.
St Louis Hops: Signed SP Rafael Torres to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $4,400,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Cliff Gould to a minor league contract extension.
St Louis Hops: Signed SP Carlos Gutiérrez to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,893,214.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Don Lee to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed CL Anastasio Norales to a minor league contract extension.
Spring Lions: Signed RF Dillon Primmer to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed LF Juan Amador to a minor league contract extension.
Thursday, October 5th, 2017
Washington Freedom: Signed 2B Jeffery Allen to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Dominic Smith to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed C Louis-Xavier Hébert to a minor league contract extension.
Spring Lions: Signed SS Walt Brudenell to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017
Washington Freedom: Signed CF Raúl Manzanilla to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed RF José Reyes to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $5,910,000.
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017
Washington Freedom: Signed MR José Silva to a minor league contract extension.
Washington Freedom: Signed 3B Gil Field to a minor league contract extension.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
"Candyman" just brings to mind a shady dude in an old van with no windows trying to lure the children...

Makes me think of Tom Candiotti!

There we, go I now have made two references to obscure former MLB player nicknames in one season of FOOL-X!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #71
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Damn, from the looks of it you were probably better off had Jimenez not even showed up at all.

Tough break! Great series and playoffs overall.

Congrats Tasan.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #72
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, October 26th, 2017
Washington Freedom: SP Yusufu Maideyi voids his last optional contract year.
Cleveland Naps: SP Ramón López has executed his last optional contract year.
Cleveland Naps: MR Tony Morgan retires.
Plantana Pirates: MR Jorge Solís retires.
Stafford Terriers: CL Diego Colomo retires.
Cleveland Naps: CF Lance Thompson retires.
Stafford Terriers: SP Jesús Fuentes retires.
Stafford Terriers: MR Luis González retires.
Plantana Pirates: 1B Alvin Scott retires.
Plantana Pirates: LF Álex Gonzáles retires.
Stafford Terriers: C Sam Knight retires.
Plantana Pirates: SS Ovidiu Popa retires.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #73
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Boooooo!

J/K Tasan, congrats!

Man, though, you have been laying waste to all things Chief Rum lately. Your real life baseball team is kicking the crap outta mine, you're beating me for free agents in FOOL (and performing better on the field), and now you get over the hump here. I shake my fist in your general direction.

Terrific Classic. I hope to be back next season. I don't think I have too many tough decisions this offseason, although next year looks like it could be clear out time.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #74
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

OK, time to go be a good daughter. Have a great rest of the day!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #75
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
<3 Hyde!!! (no disrespect to the wife, of course)

Isn't is great to have a place where you can come and say whatever you want and instead of judgment you get respect (for the most part, unless you're talking about your fake baseball skills) and understanding? Thanks for being a part of that!

It sure is great and exactly why I consider this the most enjoyable part of OOTP for me. To other guys I am in their leagues with its not personal, I truly do enjoy all leagues I am in. FOOL is just that special to me. I think that shows in how many people are now here because of what I bragged about.

Quote:

Actually Alan you do understand more then a lot of people do. You CHOOSE to love someone with a disablility. From the stories I have been told by you you loved before and AFTER. That tells me you truly didn't need to understand in order to understand (hope that made sense). The reason I think so highly of you isn't just the fact you run a great fair league, its the fact you took the time and effort to be there for one of US (us meaning handicap people).

Thanks for all the kind words from all of you. Pure class and nothing short of first class.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 08-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #76
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Have a good weekend everyone!

Monday morning 7am ET we'll start up with the offseason.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #77
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSMOOTH View Post
I can probably fill the role of tackling dummy if that position is open.

BTW Dan, did you ever pickup a copy of Ncaa11? I'm ready for you to put a beat down on me.

No not yet. The wife still hasn't got the job stuff taken care of. It is #1 on my list though. The next game I but will be NCAA.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #78
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Makes me think of Tom Candiotti!

There we, go I now have made two references to obscure former MLB player nicknames in one season of FOOL-X!

Good pull with Candiotti. Last night, Tony Bruno had on another great baseball "name"-- Bip Roberts! Bip!

I can't think of another sport with better names in it.

Speaking of "Candyman", that nickname brings forth to mind a guy with whom it would make no sense for anyone but me, my bro and my sister in law. When my bro and sis-in-law were first dating, they took in an Angels game (this was about 2001 or so). As it turns out, it was Garrett Anderson bobblehead night. They're not big Angels fans, so they gave me the bobblehead. Well, we all couldn't help commenting on the coloring of the bobblehead. In real life, GA is a medium-dark African American. For whatever reason, his bobblehead was very dark, like black, black. Odd.

I put the bobblehead on the desk above my computer. Well, one time we were commenting on how odd it was to have such a "dark" little statue staring down at me from the top of the desk, and that's when we realized the bobblehead looked an awful lot like Candyman, the movie horror figure. So a nickname was born.

I call GA Candyman to this day. And I never say his name three times in the mirror.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #79
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJ03 View Post
Damn, from the looks of it you were probably better off had Jimenez not even showed up at all.

Sheesh, no kidding, eh?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #80
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Ahh no worries Dan. Its all about priorities. Was just curious if you had picked it up

Quote:
No not yet. The wife still hasn't got the job stuff taken care of. It is #1 on my list though. The next game I but will be NCAA.
JTSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #81
Tasan
College Starter

Well, I had a great day at the beach with my best friend as his family, along with my wife and kids, and come home to this insanity. 7 games to get out of the first round, only to have to face my Classic nemesis in Chief's Bananas. Then, that one goes the distance as well. Wow!

Congrats CBF, on pushing the first round to 7 and coming so close. You'll get past me soon, don't worry. Chief, great run up to the Classic, and way to go almost getting me for the 3rd time. I think I would have gone nuts if you had though. Thanks for all the congrats from everyone. I appreciate them, and I love being in these leagues with you 'guys'.

Oh and I chew my fingernails as well. I've never been able to get past it. Lately its been real bad, too, so all my nails are down to the quick.

Last edited by Tasan : 08-06-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #82
MattG
Mascot

Congrats.

We secured the #2 pick in the draft. Only a few more seasons of crap before we can hopefully start to rise again.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote