Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #51
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay I wasn't gonna watch this season but EF talked me into it. And I"m so glad. So funny!

OMG OMG OMG OMG! hehehehehehe Francqufresca

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #52
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The next all-stars season absolutely has to have Phillip and Coach on the same tribe.

I was also thinking I have not seen that kind of batshit crazy since Coach. Philip can tell stories of his Federal Agent days while Coach tries to tell stories of being hunted by pygmies in South America.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #53
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the white-haired guy who looks like John G McGinley has come across like a big tool as well, but Phillip so far has been getting all the crazy face time.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #54
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
the white-haired guy who looks like John G McGinley has come across like a big tool as well, but Phillip so far has been getting all the crazy face time.

He is apparently a former NFL player that played for like 8-10 seasons. I had never heard of him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #55
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
He is apparently a former NFL player that played for like 8-10 seasons. I had never heard of him.

Ya, he was an offensive tackle/guard, so not a household name, but you can tell he's huge and stayed in good shape.

Steve Wright, G at NFL.com

Last edited by molson : 02-27-2011 at 10:57 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #56
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola.

He is Steve Wright. Former OT for Dallas, Baltimore/Indy, and the Raiders from 81-93.

There is another NFLer, as well: Grant Mattos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like he was a practice squad/marginal roster filler for 3 years.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #57
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

McGinley...nice.

Yeah he was getting all touchy-feely with RUssell as soon as he came over to the group. He probably wants to be the one Russell takes to the end.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #58
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Watched second ep. I now think that Philip is really Glenn Beck in disguise.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #59
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Mattos I remember, Steve Wright not so much.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #60
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Spoiler

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-02-2011 at 10:20 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #61
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #62
Mota
College Benchwarmer

His doom was playing the exact same game as past seasons. He should have aligned himself with stronger players instead of letting them band together. Keep your enemies closer.
This could make for a great revenge tale in several weeks though!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #63
LloydLungs
College Prospect

There may well be something I'm missing, but how come Russell didn't go pretend to do the recruitment of a fourth vote himself, come back and assure his alliance that he had gotten it, then quietly change his vote to Stephanie so she'd get a fourth vote and go home instead? It would have been about as ruthless a move as this show's seen, but hey, it's Russell. Certainly no long-term benefits to it, but he would have survived three more days, and who knows what the future holds?
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #64
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
There may well be something I'm missing, but how come Russell didn't go pretend to do the recruitment of a fourth vote himself, come back and assure his alliance that he had gotten it, then quietly change his vote to Stephanie so she'd get a fourth vote and go home instead?
That was probably plan B. But he believed he had the old woman on his side, and went for the major blindside.

Great episode.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #65
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I honestly don't think he thought of that. The key is that he really isn't that good at Survivor. His entire game was immunity idols and bullying. When he loses that option HE AIN'T GOT GAME!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #66
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
The key is that he really isn't that good at Survivor. His entire game was immunity idols and bullying. When he loses that option HE AIN'T GOT GAME!
+1

Russell was an unknown quantity to his tribe in his two previous seasons due to the timing of the filming. Now that the cats out of the bag he has shown no ability to adjust at all. I think it highlights how good of a player Boston Rob is as he's done his share of backstabbing in the past but his tribe seems to genuinely love having him around.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #67
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I still can't figure out just why Rob made that Matt move SO SOON. Matt was a puppy dog of loyalty. They could easily have made that move after two more tribals. Meanwhile Philip is just a whackjob and has already tried to flip several times. No loyalties to anyone really. I actually think Christina might be a good person to keep around now.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #68
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I still can't figure out just why Rob made that Matt move SO SOON. Matt was a puppy dog of loyalty. They could easily have made that move after two more tribals. Meanwhile Philip is just a whackjob and has already tried to flip several times. No loyalties to anyone really. I actually think Christina might be a good person to keep around now.

I think because he has first hand experience with it given what happened with him and Amber. He knew that the stronger their bond got, the harder it would be to split them up and if they turned on him at some point it would be the two of them together turning against him.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #69
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Some point yes. BUt NOW when they need Matt's strength to win? THen again, unknowingly, them sending Matt home may be the KEY to sending Russell permanently home at Redemption Island.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #70
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Re: Rob's Matt strategy, I think you could make a great case either way. A six-person alliance is unwieldy and has a VERY short lifespan -- there is something to be said for Rob getting ahead of the game and chopping it up a bit before they turned on him, which in a six-person alliance was likely to happen very soon. On the other hand, they do lose strength and loyalty. Might Andrea have been a better choice if you were determined to break up the couple? Was Rob playing a bit too emotionally because Matt was acting so buddy-buddy with the other tribe?

Like I said, either way, I love contemplating this stuff as opposed to "Why are Marty, Brenda, and Sash the only ones that seem to be aware that a game is going on? And even they're not that good at it" from last season.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 03-04-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:10 AM   #71
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hahahahaha. GOod point. I so hated that old lady.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #72
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My favorite part of that episode was that woman looking at Russell and smiling as if she was following along with him all along. Not sure how much of that was just edit though. If it really happened that way it was great. Then the look on his face when he saw what happened.... priceless.

As for why she didn't just vote the annoying chick that was because Bubba never revealed that he had the idol and they thought Russell did. They couldn't risk that he gave it to annoying chick.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #73
saldana
Pro Starter

i love the stupid little stephanie chick..."theres a storm coming!"

NO THERE ISNT!!! you are getting voted out in 3 days!

i love when teams think its a good idea to throw a challenge...every time they have done it just to get rid of someone they have paid for it later.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #74
molson
General Manager

If Russell wins in his first redemption island duel I wonder if they'll throw him right back in the game. That whole gimmick does seem to be a convenient tool for producers - I bet they'll be some staggered re-entry points (depending on who's out there), along with a couple of double elimination shows to keep things moving.

Last edited by molson : 03-06-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #75
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My guess is that they bring back whoever is left at the time of the merge.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #76
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If Russell wins in his first redemption island duel I wonder if they'll throw him right back in the game. That whole gimmick does seem to be a convenient tool for producers - I bet they'll be some staggered re-entry points (depending on who's out there), along with a couple of double elimination shows to keep things moving.
Could depend on how things are going with Rob. No doubt the producers would love the idea of a Rob vs. Russell one-on-one elimination match.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #77
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i love the stupid little stephanie chick..."theres a storm coming!"

NO THERE ISNT!!! you are getting voted out in 3 days!

i love when teams think its a good idea to throw a challenge...every time they have done it just to get rid of someone they have paid for it later.

Yup! This takes me back to memories of Shii-Ann and the fireman and Z Robb and Jed.

And this Stephanie chick I think is in the running for biggest young little bitch they've ever had. Who else? Eliza (season 9) was a little bitch but in Fans vs favorite she redeemed herself by actually being funny.

Ghandia was a bitch (seasn 5) but anything but little.

Kimmy season 2 possibly - "I won't eat a bug for a challenge. WAH!".

Jenna (All-stars/season 1)).

Sue (Season 1) -again not little, nor young.

All the others I think knew enough to flirt and try and make people like them.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #78
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

I kind of got the idea that from the way they described everything that only one person would return to the game if they survive the place.

That, for instance, Matt would have to fight and survive however many more people come to Redemption island and at the end of it if he beats everyone, he comes back. This pleases me as EVEN if eventually ONE of these people will be able to beat Russell.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #79
Ironhead
College Prospect

Really don't see Russell lasting long on Redemption Island. For all of the success he had in getting to the end of the game he was never very good at the challenges.

Last edited by Ironhead : 03-06-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #80
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I kind of got the idea that from the way they described everything that only one person would return to the game if they survive the place.

That, for instance, Matt would have to fight and survive however many more people come to Redemption island and at the end of it if he beats everyone, he comes back. This pleases me as EVEN if eventually ONE of these people will be able to beat Russell.

That's what I assumed too - until one the players made some comment during a tribal council that "there was a lot of talk in the tribe about how many people come back from redemption island, and when they're going to do it", with Rob chiming in that would be nice to know.

It was odd to include that comment in the final edit - obviously they wanted to at least get the idea in the viewer's head that there could be multiple re-entries, and the tribes have no idea when any such re-entries would take place.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #81
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

But somewhere along the line SOMEONE indicated it was only one.
And I think that person was Jeff in a voiceover. So if that's the case they wouldn't know.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #82
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Shoot Russell wouldn't have gone to the finals if folks would have done what Rob planned the last time they met. Let's go Matt!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #83
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what to expect from the way they are pushing the commercials for this week's show. Some sort of surprise, at least in the commercial edits.

Is Matt going to forfeit to allow Russell to remain?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #84
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Spoiler
Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #85
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Spoiler
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #86
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Spoiler
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #87
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I'm no fan of Russell's -- in fact, even though he was really in an impossible situation, he still showed this season why he's overrated -- but I may be LESS of a fan of his tribe. Their pathological Russell hatred is just childish and not pleasant to watch. They're spending way too much time being delighted with themselves and how oh-so-clever they think they are. I don't really think they're any better than he is. Hard to see how that won't catch up with them a little bit, even if Rob's tribe appears incapable of winning a challenge without help.

At the very least I can't imagine Ralph lasting too much longer.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 03-09-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #88
Swaggs
Coordinator

Phillip is just awesome (for us viewers) to have around. I really hope he can somehow survive to the merge. If he gets there, he will not be a threat and may stick around.

Agreed on Ralph. I guess I understand that it would be hard to keep a lid on finding an idol since you are around each other 24/7, but it has almost always been proven to put a target on your back. I can see sharing it with one or maybe two very close allies, but I don't understand why people always think it will buy them trust in large groups. Another example of Rob showing that he knows what he is doing.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #89
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah Ralph's getting overanxious. And I really don't think the partying about Russell being tossed was overblown. Seemed more of an immense collective sigh of relief. I think most watching let out the same little cheer that they don't have to endure his repetitive narcissistic drabble anymore.

Not sure if you saw the first 3 episodes but he already lied to them, already lied to their face and was caught, already threatened them, already went off and formed his own little perverted Russell alliance again, and already has said really terrible things about them. Every step along the way they knew which lies he was telling and yet they were all very scared of what COULD happen. Well, nothing is the answer, but Russell had built such a mystique about himself being such a master player I'm sure they were all afraid of what COULD happen.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #90
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Phil >>>>> Coach
Old 03-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #91
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

A request: Can we start labelling spoiler tags? There's a pretty big difference between commenting on something that just happened (and could be a spoiler for west coasters or PVRers) vs revealing major details about future events.

I'd hate to get used to clicking spoiler tags to find out what people thought of the last episode, only to find out who wins six weeks early.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #92
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and, maybe use spoiler tags for actual spoilers. Once it airs, I don't think it needs to be in a spoiler
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #93
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Spoiler
Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #94
law90026
College Benchwarmer

It's always awesome watching Phil at tribal council! I'm waiting for the Phil vs Coach season where they get an entire bunch of loonies to take part.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #95
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Spoiler

I think that took me into another dimension!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #96
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
A request: Can we start labelling spoiler tags? There's a pretty big difference between commenting on something that just happened (and could be a spoiler for west coasters or PVRers) vs revealing major details about future events.

I'd hate to get used to clicking spoiler tags to find out what people thought of the last episode, only to find out who wins six weeks early.

yeah
you deserve to be spoiled
if you havent watched this weeks episode and come in here
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #97
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

West Coast Spolier
Spoiler
Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #98
Swaggs
Coordinator

They really did a great job with casting this season.

The combination of Phillip's behavior, UIC value, and how he is perpetually in danger of being voted out makes it must see TV for me.

David is interesting. It seems like he is really smart and knows how to play the game, but for an attorney, he really is not as articulate as you would expect (especially when he is flustered).
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #99
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This episode was not very good. KInda boring. Philip....wow, philip.

David is starting to wig out a bit, yes. His eyes are bugging out so watch out. They were wise to not fall for Stephanie's crap, which started to go into overdrive again. They can't trust her a bit. And EF, I agree about Steve. WTF? They have to vote for someone. He's been pretty pissy about them lately so why is he surprised.

Grant is really really under the radar I think. Has he even said anything in interviews yet? Rob might be getting too cocky and taking too many chances. But I don't think the girls on his tribe are really playing much. I hope Andrea works her way back into things.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #100
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I agree that Grant is doing well. I'm sort of rooting for him (and Boston Rob...maybe if he wins, this will be his last season!).

Every time I see Andrea, I see an blonde Anime cartoon.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote