Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #51
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'll be heading to Indy this year for GenCon. I have a room booked at the JW Marriott. Let me know if there is any kind of a get together planned.

Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #52
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cool, don't forget event reg opens this sunday at noon (the first)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #53
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I have been scoping the rpg section to find stuff I am interested in and plan on registering for a few with friends.

Do the rpg games fill up fast or is it still easy to get spots after the first few days?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #54
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

RPG games fill up QUICKLY.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #55
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Does that mean I can register on Monday or is it critical to do it on Sunday? I'm out of town this weekend so I might have to figure something out, especially if I'm on the road.

I'm looking at some Shadowrun games sessions, the White Star 3.5 stuff looks really interesting too. The Drunken D&D looked cool, some of the 7nth sea looks cool and I really wanted to do the one Flashing Blades game (oldie from the 80's).
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #56
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Monday may be too late for some games..
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #57
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Alright, thanks for the heads up, I will have to figure out a way to get it done on Sunday.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

what you can do is register all the events you want, and have someone log in and dump your wants into the queue Sunday at noon
Old 04-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #59
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, if we want to synchronize schedules, this is what I put on my wishlist so far:

Thursday:

6 PM-10PM - Shadowrun Missions (2011 edition - Mission 01) Moving Day (RPG1123295)

(This is the new Living Campaign from Catalyst, so all characters will be beginning ones, so you wouldn't be underpowered like if you took a later 2011 mission)

Friday

2 PM-6 PM - Battletech - The War of Reaving NMN1122639

(this is a storyline affecting mission, based on the struggles of the Homeworld Clans)

Saturday

Noon-2 PM - Who's Run Is It Anyway? (ENT1123416)

(Cross Shadowrun with Who's Line Is It Anyway.. Then Duck and cover.) Join our intrepid Runners as they act out scenes based on suggestions from the audience in this hilarious Shadowrun event! For mature audiences only!

3 PM-7 PM - Formula Waaaaaggghh! NMN1123512

Mix the speed of Formula 1 with the insanity of Warhammer 40K's Orks. Then Duck And Cover. Wait, I used that joke already? Here's the event description:

War Boss Throkk summons the fastest and most reckless racers from his ork tribes to the ruins of a captured Imperial capital. Each of the tribes has sent their best teams to race through the ruins of the city. Only the cleverest, most violent, and bloodthirsty will win the race and gain the favor of the Warboss. 40k figures and simple racing rules.

Combine with the dealer hall (especially getting in an hour early this year ^_^) and the auction hall, I should be busy!

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-30-2011 at 01:39 AM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #60
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Submitted my wishlist about a minute after event reg opened, I'm #1283 in line for processing.

Event Registration=SRIUS BIZNESS
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #61
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damnit, despite submitting two minutes after reg began, I missed out on two of my choices:

Revised Schedule

Friday
10-2 Shadowrun
2-6 (Battletech)

Saturday
12-2 Shadowrun/Humor

I guess I'll go in next week once the furor's died down and see what else I can pick up.. plus probably a good time to start synchronizing schedules to schedule the FOFC dinner..

(Plus, well, I heard funny things about the Hentai Dubbing event, gotta wait for that to be added to the schedule)
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #62
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I have a couple of folks from my local gaming group that will be there too.

Looks like I have a ticket for the following:

Thu at 10:00 AM - Deadlands Reloaded: The Old Todd Passage
Thu at 2:00 PM - Shadowrun, Missions CMP 2010-02 Copycat Killer?
Fri at 4:00 PM - A Question of Honor / Flashing Blades
Sat at 8:00 AM - Welcome to White Star 1908!
Sat at 1:25 PM - The Lair of the Sea-Lich (combat oriented)
Sun at 8:00 AM - #3-03: The Ghenett Manor Gauntlet

They are all RPG games, except The Lair of the Sea-Lich, which is a True Dungeon event.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 05-01-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #63
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So far, friday or saturday night look to be the best bets? (of course, depending on what everyone else picks up)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #64
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I can't get over how quickly things filled up. My first two choices didn't make it as I was 1041 in processing.

Right now, the schedule is:

Thursday at 6pm- Space 1889 seminar
Friday at noon- Sparks #141A Star Wars game
Saturday at 3pm- Pinnacle's seminar
Saturday at 8 pm- Savage Saturday (having a RUBI issue so I'm hoping to get into a game here)
Sunday at 1 pm- Beyond the Hollow Earth seminar

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 05-02-2011 at 07:27 AM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #65
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Here is my schedule which strangely mirrors Brads:

Thursday at 6pm- Space 1889 seminar
Friday at noon- Sparks #141A Star Wars game
Saturday at 3pm- Pinnacle's seminar
Saturday at 8 pm- Savage Saturday Night: Götterdämmerung, Orville Redenbacher, & You
Sunday at 1 pm- Beyond the Hollow Earth seminar

I am hoping to pick a few more games if some tickets open up.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #66
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Here is my schedule. Still have some holes to fill. (that's what she said)

8/4
9am - 3pm - Twilight Imperium
3pm - 4pm - WOW TCG beginner tournament
6pm - 8pm - Small World + Expansions
9pm - 11pm - The Hobbit boardgame

8/5
10am - 1pm - Cthulhu Madness
6pm - 9:30pm - Car Wars Crossroads
10pm - 1am - Battles of Westeros

8/6
9am - 11am - Hickman's Killer Breakfast
11am - 1pm - Small World Underworld
7pm - 11pm - Ebontop Dungeon Crawl

8/7
1pm - 4pm - Mansions of Madness: investigators
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #67
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Wow Sach that Twilight Imperium is a pretty long game.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #68
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

yes, it is. last year i opened with Talisman...same room, same duration.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #69
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Wow Sach that Twilight Imperium is a pretty long game.

6 hours?

Must only be doing 2 turns...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #70
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So far, friday or saturday night look to be the best bets? (of course, depending on what everyone else picks up)

Nights are best for me. I'll just be hanging out in the auction area...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #71
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Nights are best for me. I'll just be hanging out in the auction area...

Wasn't that your hang out of choice last year as well? From what I recall you left Gencon with a car full of games.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #72
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wasn't that your hang out of choice last year as well? From what I recall you left Gencon with a car full of games.

Ya.. I think I crammed about 90-100 in my car last year.

I'll be bringing a bigger car this year.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #73
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

mustang, did you get crazy deals at the auction?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #74
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Do they have the details for the auctions up yet? I was looking around last night and I did not see anything on the auctions.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #75
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Never been to GenCon, though some friends are looking to go this year. I'm gearing up for KublaCon here at the end of the month in San Francisco.

So on the event registration...it is first come first serve? In May? That is crazy to have that all figured out months in advance. I guess it is THE con. I'm still kicking the idea of a trip to Indy around...is it too late? Should I set my sights on 2012?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #76
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Do they have the details for the auctions up yet? I was looking around last night and I did not see anything on the auctions.

Same layout usually every year. How much they allocate in time blocks depends on what they get in. The livegameauctions site has details usually, but it is down.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #77
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
mustang, did you get crazy deals at the auction?

Fair prices on things. Really depends on what you want and how patient you are. You name the game it is probably going to be there. Funny thing is, sometimes you can get a better deal in the consignment shop.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #78
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Were there any Formula De track auctions last year?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #79
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

Hmm.. not many track packs. I know I picked up 2 base sets bundled together for around $35. One had a bonus of 15 of the small pewter cars in it. But overall just a few scattered. No big bundles.

Last edited by Mustang : 05-04-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #80
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I don't need a big pack, I'm looking to pick up some of the ones I do not have.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #81
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Never been to GenCon, though some friends are looking to go this year. I'm gearing up for KublaCon here at the end of the month in San Francisco.

So on the event registration...it is first come first serve? In May? That is crazy to have that all figured out months in advance. I guess it is THE con. I'm still kicking the idea of a trip to Indy around...is it too late? Should I set my sights on 2012?

First Come First serve

There's a lot of reasons to go, A) THere's still new events being added, etcetera, and B) You can buy what's called "generic" tickets where you can show up at any game and pay your way in with Generics.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #82
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

On a side note, I'm REALLY thinking about signing up for one of the colossal (squid) versions of Formula De this year. Looks FUN!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #83
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
On a side note, I'm REALLY thinking about signing up for one of the colossal (squid) versions of Formula De this year. Looks FUN!

They play all what.. 35 tracks?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #84
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
They play all what.. 35 tracks?

No, they use matchbox cars.

Quote:
Got that Matchbox or Hot Wheel still hangin around. Bring it, board is scaled for their use. Learn the basics of Formula De Auto Racing Game – different die per gear, damage to the car (easier in terms of damage chips), and plotting movement and turning. Mini – uses a three lane, level 1 turns boards.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #85
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

With all of this talk you guys have piqued my interest in this Formula De Auto Racing. Where can I find out more info?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #86
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Formula De (Board Game) - Gen Con Indy 2011

For the Formula De events at GenCon

Amazon.com: Formula D: Toys & Games

At Amazon

Formula D | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Formula D at Boardgamegeek:

Formula D | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

(Formula D is the updated re-release of Formula De)

http://formulede.online.free.fr/ Formula De Online Game Client (Site in french but you can set the game to english)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-06-2011 at 01:10 PM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #87
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, they use matchbox cars.

Ahh ya.. that one. I've played that one before, that is where I learned to play.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #88
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

I think I might have tried this out last year at Gencon and was not impressed with the Demo. The guy giving the demo was very distracted throughout and did not seem like he wanted to be there. Maybe I will try signing up for a game.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #89
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the monthly GenCon Email: Looks like something we should be looking at:

Gen Con Game Library & Pick-Up Play Area

Gen Con is thrilled to announce an expanded Game Library and a new Pick-Up Play area for all your gaming pleasure!

The Game Library is offering more space, more tables and more seats … 450 to be exact! Your purchase of a “Gen Con Game Library / Pick-Up Play” ticket guarantees you access to the room, all the games the library has to offer and of course a seat.

This year not only will the library serve as THE place to try out games before you buy, but will also be the official Pick-Up Play area. We’re introducing a dedicated space where people can congregate, meet up with friends or find likeminded gamers to play a specific game. Bring your own or rent one from the library.

The Game Library and Pick-Up play area will be located inside the Indiana Convention Center, entrance in room 101. Hours are:

Thurs - 8am-3am
Fri & Sat - 7am-3am
Sun - 7am-4pm

Tickets are $4 for daytime and $6 for nighttime. Using the Day/Night ticket options you can customize your purchase to fit your schedule. Tickets are per person.

For more information and/or to get your ticket(s) look for events with the title “Gen Con Game Library / Pick-Up Play” - Game IDs ZED1122114 through ZED1122119.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #90
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

i had a really bad experience with the library, but i'd be willing to give it another shot.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #91
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

How do the tickets work? Is it $6 per night?

This year I'm thinking of sticking around Saturday night. Last year I left around 2 PM Saturday afternoon.

Last edited by Mustang : 05-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #92
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like I'll be staying at a Holiday Inn about 10 miles out of town. Around $85 a night (with taxes). Just keeping an eye on prices, but nothing will probably change.

36 days.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #93
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Mustang I just booked a hotel that is about 8 miles out of town through Hotwire for $60 per night. It is a Wyndham Hotel that I have stayed at before. Not the fanciest place but perfect for Gencon. The bad part about Hotwire is the you do not get to see the hotel name you are booking and you cannot cancel. Here is a link to the hotel
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #94
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, I decided to be a bit ridiculous this year, and booked tickets to both Hentai Cafe events, which from what I'm told are ridiculously funny.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #95
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Is GenCon pretty spectator friendly? Since I left college, my usual group of gamers have long since spread out. I'm a decade removed from gaming, so I'll probably just bring my son and look at different games and exhibits and buy whatever catches my eye.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #96
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

I would say most definitely. There will be a lot of people there but your son and you should have a good time. You might want to take look at the events as there might be something both of you could get into.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #97
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The bad part about Hotwire is the you do not get to see the hotel name you are booking and you cannot cancel. [/url]

I'm not a big fan of hotel roulette. If I have to pay a little more to get a place where I know I'm staying at as opposed to gambling that I'm not going to get some shit hole then I'm ok with it.

Was that $60 for the room (+taxes included) or do you still have to pay the taxes so it still turns into around $74ish?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #98
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Yeah $60 plus taxes so I think about $72 and change with everything.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #99
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah $60 plus taxes so I think about $72 and change with everything.

Mine looks like it will be a little under 85 / night. I liked the area... about 8 miles outside of town and I can get on the highway pretty easily.

Granted, not like walking outside your room and pretty much being at Gencon like some people do *cough* Fozzie *cough*
Old 06-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #100
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*looks around* someone call my name?