Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #51
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

The devs made a quirky design choice with the otherwise good idea that is training camp. I was looking forward to learning post moves after primarily playing My Player in 2k11 as a guard. The tutorials in training camp looked like a great way to learn how to do that. However, to get to post moves, you have to work your way through a bunch of other tutorials. The initial shooting tutorials are a breeze, but some of the triple threat moves I'm finding ridiculously difficult. I've been stuck on the stepover spin for a couple days now. Because I can't do that move, every tutorial after that remains locked. Pretty annoying, especially because all the moves you can do aren't even listed in the extended online manual. What was a good idea ends up being poorly executed. It's a shame because those initial tutorials were pretty helpful.

Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #52
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
The devs made a quirky design choice with the otherwise good idea that is training camp. I was looking forward to learning post moves after primarily playing My Player in 2k11 as a guard. The tutorials in training camp looked like a great way to learn how to do that. However, to get to post moves, you have to work your way through a bunch of other tutorials. The initial shooting tutorials are a breeze, but some of the triple threat moves I'm finding ridiculously difficult. I've been stuck on the stepover spin for a couple days now. Because I can't do that move, every tutorial after that remains locked. Pretty annoying, especially because all the moves you can do aren't even listed in the extended online manual. What was a good idea ends up being poorly executed. It's a shame because those initial tutorials were pretty helpful.

Yeah, step over spin is tricky, but the trick is to remember to hold the Left Stick when you are going in the opposite direction as you quickly let go of the trigger. What sucks is I finished all the tutorials, but if I want a refresher, I still have to go through the beginning of each section instead of just choosing the specific one I want to practice.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #53
FF
Mascot

is there an online association being put together?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #54
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
is there an online association being put together?

Great idea. I'm in, PS3 style
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #55
FF
Mascot

unfortunately im on xbox
Old 10-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #56
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Agree on the training camp. Although it is invaluable in terms of learning the ropes, extemely disappointed that I can't hop in and choose which ones I'd like to work on. Was hoping they would all "unlock" or something after the initial walkthrough. Shitty. Played my 1st game and it was a disaster. Was trying to use some of the moves in the heat of the battle and pretty much had one huge brain cramp. Also learned my Live '95 techniques will not work here. You really have to slow it down and think about your passes.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 10-06-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #57
Groundhog
Coordinator

Picked it up on PC and I have to say, very impressive graphically speaking. Only issue I've noticed early on is that some of my savings aren't being saved to my profile - camera, court diagrams switched on in particular. In My Player mode I'm having to switch these back on every game.

I've only really toyed with My Player mode so far, and I'm finding it a challenge compared with last year. I sucked ass in the pre-draft game shooting 1-11 with my defensive PG yet the Rockets still grabbed me at 14. Played through 5 key games and I'm starting to get to the point where I can at least knock down some open jumpers, but I'm finding it difficult to run plays when I'm off the ball, as my guy is too weak and gets stuck on defenders when trying to cut through or set screens. Still, I welcome this mode getting made a little difficult after finding it pretty easy to rack up amazing numbers with my 60 ovr rated PG in last year's version.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #58
whomario
Pro Starter

very encouraged after the first couple hours with the game

anybody up for a few games online today ? Itīs a slow day for me with the added "bonus" of nursing a cold ... Username on xbox 360 is "Whomario" just like here.

Just had my first game online this year, quick match Denver (me) vs Celtics. Lead 37-14 before he quit late in the 4th ... For some weird reason my oponent thought that shooting jumpers with Rondo all game was a good idea. Dude, just because heīs open doesnīt mean itīs a good shot for Rondo

aparently online games crash as soon as you change anything upon startup ... So one should start is as it is, then make change once the game started. No one does that in quick match unfortunately ...

my player is virtually unplayable though i guess with the crap trade logic and no way to stop it (unlike in association where you can just turn trades off until 2/3 weeks before the deadline and with 3 way trades manually reverse the most stupid trades)

Last edited by whomario : 10-08-2011 at 09:55 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #59
korme
Go Reds

Anyone with a PS3 interested in doing a co-op dynasty?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #60
Groundhog
Coordinator

One fairly annoying bug in My Player mode - the team you are on trades like crazy. I'm with the Rockets and by the playoffs in year 1 only myself and Chuck Hayes remain from the opening night. This is happening in all My Player dynasties, regardless of the team you are drafted to.

Outside of that, loving the game. Waiting for decent rosters including rookies until I start a career, but the branching/option plays are a thing of beauty.

*edit: whoops, missed whomario's post above.

Last edited by Groundhog : 10-10-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #61
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I've noticed that. I'm on the Bobcats in my My Player career and after the first couple seasons we've been shit terrible. Everytime we get an awesome rookie and I'm excited about the future he's gone by the 3rd week it seems.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #62
korme
Go Reds

My Player Center is a hackbox. My minutes are slated for 38 per game and often when I play I rack up 40 mins. But on the season I'm getting 26 mpg and 4.1 fpg. I wonder if there is an attribute I can improve to fix this, but I think it's just a tendency. Which stinks!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #63
korme
Go Reds

I wish the Jazz didn't suck so bad. Love the uniforms but I'm playing for championships, so I'm probably leaving after my rookie contract.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #64
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
My Player Center is a hackbox. My minutes are slated for 38 per game and often when I play I rack up 40 mins. But on the season I'm getting 26 mpg and 4.1 fpg. I wonder if there is an attribute I can improve to fix this, but I think it's just a tendency. Which stinks!

Offensive / Defensive Awareness seems to help with this, at least from 2k11.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #65
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I wish the Jazz didn't suck so bad. Love the uniforms but I'm playing for championships, so I'm probably leaving after my rookie contract.

Sell out. I'm burning my Korme jersey.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #66
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Anyone else notice that team stats are off in My Player? It says that I am average 60 assists a game, but that is not reflected in the actual game (and it definitely not realistic). There are other stats that are skewed in the Team Stats, but that is the one that came to mind. This is on the PC version by the way.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #67
korme
Go Reds

Moving forward, to prevent silly trades to your team I suppose you can just turn the game off and reload it. Al Jefferson was traded to LA my rookie year for Bynum. In year two, Bynum was traded to LA for Jefferson. Ha.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #68
Groundhog
Coordinator

If you have the PC version I imagine you can edit the game externally and revert the trade. Haven't tried it yet but there are editors out there.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #69
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Hadn't played this game in a couple versions. Got it the other day for my birthday. Really love the My Player mode. Lots of fun. The halftime shows and stuff between quarters remind me of how sad I am that NFL2K is no longer on the market. They've done a great job making the game experience feel like the actual thing. Love the commercials for upcoming games and the commentary is fantastic.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #70
korme
Go Reds

Jazz picked up my 3rd year player option (I admittedly fouled out intentionally in the last half of key games in season 2 to see what would happen when my contract expired), so I requested a trade... to the Knicks! Got traded. Checked the roster. I got traded for Chauney Billups and Carmelo Anthony. I'm not going to the Knicks without Melo there. Reset, let's try it again
---

Got traded to the Wizards for JaVale McGee. I can work with this... John Wall and Danny Granger, plus me. I like it, plus it seems I would have to work harder than going to NYK (if Melo was there).

Kind of dig the new unis, too, though the red is a little off
Old 10-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #71
SunDevil
College Prospect

NBA’s 2011 Alternate Uniforms — If They’re Ever Worn — Are Leaked by NBA 2K12
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #72
korme
Go Reds

Well, the whole save and reload if your team trades players thing didn't work. Three save and reloads in a row, and the Wizards every time on the same day traded Danny Granger for Al Jefferson, and John Wall for Russ Westbrook... whatever. The Wall/Westbrook is a really interesting one, I wonder who would say no first in that trade.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #73
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

if you reload one time and trade happens, reload two times
if you reload two times and trade happens, reload four times
if you reload four times and trade happens, maybe nba not the game for you
Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #74
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Rented this via Redbox. It looks great and the best part is that with the historical teams, someone was able to create the Seattle Sonics and so you can replace the Thunder in Association mode.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-16-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #75
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Rented this via Redbox. It looks great and the best part is that with the historical teams, someone was able to create the Seattle Sonics and so you can replace the Thunder in Association mode.
Nice! Will definitely be doing this.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #76
rjolley
College Starter

For those experiencing issues, Ronnie2K on twitter is looking for problems with the hash tag #NBA2K12Patch. Let him know what's going wrong and hopefully it'll get into the next patch.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Anyone else experiencing crashes to desktop playing on the PC? I bought the steam edition and I can't get past the 1st or 3rd qtr in My Player mode. I'm seeing on various forums that others are having the same issue.. It's very annoying and unplayable. Sucks 'cause I've heard a patch for the PC takes much longer than console...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #78
Groundhog
Coordinator

No issues for me, I've made it to the playoffs in my first season without a crash.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #79
Ironhead
College Prospect

My single biggest frustration with this game is the defensive recovery speed. It is just way too fast. It lets people gamble on defense non-stop in ways that should have them punished by giving up easy baskets. It seems like the players can move faster than the ball at times.

If anyone is interested in any online games my gamertag (xbox 360) is Ironhead34. I have been running with the Pacers.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #80
rjolley
College Starter

PS3 and 360 patch due out tomorrow. Change list found here.

Actually, the PS3 patch is reportedly out now.

Last edited by rjolley : 12-13-2011 at 09:09 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #81
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
MY PLAYER:
Trading logic has been greatly improved in this mode. In particular, your team’s GM will no longer overhaul the roster once you join the team.

Quote:
THE ASSOCIATION:
A number of trade logic improvements have been made for this experience (these apply to Association: Online as well).

If they fix these two correctly, my free time is about to take a serious hit
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #82
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
PS3 and 360 patch due out tomorrow. Change list found here.

Actually, the PS3 patch is reportedly out now.

May have to start a new player career now that they've fixed that trade logic.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #83
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've had this game sitting on a shelf since I bought it.. can't wait to dig in with a my player career once the patch hits!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #84
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Dammit, I have to remember to buy NBA 2k** after the basketball season ends, because I seemed to have forgotten that the patches comes much, much later on the PC.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #85
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Dammit, I have to remember to buy NBA 2k** after the basketball season ends, because I seemed to have forgotten that the patches comes much, much later on the PC.

Yah, this is the first season I've taken the plunge on PC, and I'm learning this too.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #86
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've had this game sitting on a shelf since I bought it.. can't wait to dig in with a my player career once the patch hits!

Exactly the same, I'm really tempted to start a MP today, but i'll try to resist the urge until Sunday or so to get more up to date rosters after the quick and crazy offseason.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #87
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Exactly the same, I'm really tempted to start a MP today, but i'll try to resist the urge until Sunday or so to get more up to date rosters after the quick and crazy offseason.

I'll do the same.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #88
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So this game is going to be good with the latest patches?

I pulled out 2k11 last night and updated the rosters to 2012 and had fun drafting some teams, but maybe if the improvements hook me in I'll give 2k12 a go.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #89
Atocep
Coordinator

I picked this up on PC during the Steam sales a couple of weeks ago and got around to playing it a bit. I'm impressed with how well it plays on PC. My son has on it on PS3 and actually prefers playing it on PC.

The slowness of the patches really sucks, but it has still exceeded my expectations.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #90
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So this game is going to be good with the latest patches?

I pulled out 2k11 last night and updated the rosters to 2012 and had fun drafting some teams, but maybe if the improvements hook me in I'll give 2k12 a go.

Is there an option to download new rosters or are you doing this manually?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #91
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Is there an option to download new rosters or are you doing this manually?

I did it manually. Found a 2k12 roster set near the top of the downloads list on 2k share with a couple thousand DL's and figured I'd just give that one a go.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-14-2011 at 09:33 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #92
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
May have to start a new player career now that they've fixed that trade logic.

Agreed, I will be doing this. Got fed up after the Wiz traded John Wall for Russ Westbrook, then Westbrook for Deron Williams after we went to the Finals!

Buttt I'm gonna wait to start a new one at Christmas, when rosters/rookies are set!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #93
korme
Go Reds

I'm going to create an athletic center. I want to pull off an Hakeem-type. Also, I just want to Dream Shake everybody. I was watching NBAtv today and him shaking David Robinson is one of the nastiest plays ever!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #94
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I did it manually. Found a 2k12 roster set near the top of the downloads list on 2k share with a couple thousand DL's and figured I'd just give that one a go.

Sorry...I meant did you download it from someone or manually make all the roster changes. That's really cool as I was considering buying the new version but won't really play it enough to warrant doing so...this is a perfect solution.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #95
Groundhog
Coordinator

Plus side about PC is I've been playing with 2011 rookies with some very high-quality fan made cyberfaces for a month now.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #96
darkenigma510
n00b

Outside of updated rosters, is NBA 2k12 better than 2K11? Is My Player Mode better in 2k12?
darkenigma510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #97
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenigma510 View Post
Outside of updated rosters, is NBA 2k12 better than 2K11? Is My Player Mode better in 2k12?

Without question IMO. 2K12 is a pretty amazing basketball simulator. Outside of the trading issue, fixed on consoles, My Player mode is the best yet. Love being able to "purchase" animations and skills for your player too.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #98
whomario
Pro Starter

Still no double teams in the game after the patch, iīm so incredibly pissed right now (and yes, i do mean NO double teams. All you get is a 2nd defender standing near you without doubling which then means i can either score 1:1 or pass out to an open guy. Hooray ...)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #99
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Bought this for the PC on the Steam sale. Still trying to figure out what part of "Greg Stelmack" as my MyPlayer name trips their profanity filter so that it warned me it won't let me use it online. Is there some recent slang word that I don't know about?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #100
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Finally started a my player and I really love it so far. If only EA's NHL game had half of the presentation of this game... really draws you into its world.