Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #51
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
bigeast2013.zip

There we go. 12-team Big East. But with no divisions. South Alabama in the Sun Belt. Utah State to the MWC to keep it at 8 teams. But if you want the realistic setup, this ought to get you there. I just had a few problems in it from the file from last night that for some reason, I solved in about 10 minutes when I woke up. So yeah, I think we're good to go.

I'm trying out a tweak of this file where Air Force and Navy ultimately decide to stay put in their present situations, resulting in a 10 team Big East. I also readjusted a few of the rivalries. No problems so far...

Last edited by Klinglerware : 12-26-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #52
Klinglerware
College Starter

So, I've been playing around with multiple iterations of the pstats file for a few months now. I have run into a couple of issues that I haven't been able to figure out:

1. Scheduling for 14-team conferences does not seem to work. Other than the unbalanced scheduling issue that Vegas Vic identified, another obvious problem is that not all of the teams play a full 8 game conference schedule. Pretty consistently, in any given 14-team conference, 2 out of those 14 teams will only play 7 conference games

2. The venues for games entered in the SchedMatch table do not "flip" from year to year. In other words, if USC is scheduled to play at ND in the table, the game will be played at ND every season.

Are there obvious database errors or setup quirks that I should be on the lookout for, in that once they are addressed the problems should go away? Or are these truly bugs in the game itself that I will have to live with?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote