Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #51
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Steelers play calling in the red zone has been awful. Sometimes you should just do the obvious thing rather than trying to get cute.

The backup RB seems incapable of making anyone miss. He is just putting his head down and hitting the hole. Atleast Williams has been elusive tonight. I would give him those goal line carries and aim them at the tackles.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #52
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The backup RB seems incapable of making anyone miss. He is just putting his head down and hitting the hole. Atleast Williams has been elusive tonight. I would give him those goal line carries and aim them at the tackles.

The backup running back is Will Johnson, the fullback.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #53
kingfc22
Head Coach

That is not a TD
Old 09-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #54
Dutch
"Dutch"

Looks like the Patriots are in good shape now to win this one....HIDE YO ESPN!!!
Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #55
bhlloy
Coordinator

That is. Why the fuck would you cover Gronk with a LB there?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #56
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
That is. Why the fuck would you cover Gronk with a LB there?

Do you have a choice? He's just gonna blow a corner or safety off the ball on the goal line.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #57
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The backup running back is Will Johnson, the fullback.

Mike Alstott he is not.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #58
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

What. The Crap. Was that?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #59
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Rational Pats Fan
Offense gets an a.. defense b minus.. despite only giving up 21.. the steelers moved the ball at will and could easily have 14 more points (end zone catch 2 missed fg and the goal line stand)

Irrational Pats Fan (I get at least one post to gloat, right? )

Tom Brady 25-32, 288 yards, 4 TD.. and a Pats record 19 straight completions during the game. Deflated haters say what?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:50 PM   #60
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Do you have a choice? He's just gonna blow a corner or safety off the ball on the goal line.
Yeah, you double/shade towards him. Still might not work, but it gives you a better chance than anyone with a number in the 50's covering him 1v1.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:50 PM   #61
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Rational Pats Fan
Offense gets an a.. defense b minus.. despite only giving up 21.. the steelers moved the ball at will and could easily have 14 more points (end zone catch 2 missed fg and the goal line stand)

Irrational Pats Fan (I get at least one post to gloat, right? )

Tom Brady 25-32, 288 yards, 4 TD.. and a Pats record 19 straight completions during the game. Deflated haters say what?

Defense deserves a mediocre C as far I'm concerned. That was not an inspiring performance whatsoever from that side of the ball.

Wished the running game had little more zip, but all-in-all hard to argue with that performance in game 1.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #62
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

NFL takes the blame for Radio-gate:

Ben Volin on Twitter: "NFL releases a statement taking the blame for and exonerating the #Patriots for the headset issue http://t.co/P4tjK6BdXE"
Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 AM   #63
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm still amazed they rely on such antiquated technology on the sidelines during a game.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #64
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Good news: Brady's on my fantasy team.
Bad news: Gronk's on my opponent's team.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #65
kingfc22
Head Coach

Aldon Smith to the Raiders. Got to love the NFL's zero standards.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #66
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Aldon Smith to the Raiders. Got to love the NFL's zero standards.

There was no doubt he was going to get another chance. Will he be suspended now that he is on someone's roster?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #67
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I just jerked off thinking about how happy all the Patriots fans were right now. I was all ,"Brady Brady Brady...Groooooonk!"

And of course in the world of Karma, I've got to fly with an insufferable Patriots fan for 4 days. fml

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #68
TroyF
Coordinator

The Patriots played a terrific game, but I was stunned at how poor Pittsburgh was. The offense was fine, but the play calling and defense were horrible. Throw in a bad kicker and it was a recipe for disaster.

As far as the radios, I think the Patriots will do whatever they can to win a game, inside or outside of the rules. Maybe I'm wrong, but it really isn't because I'm a Broncos fan. (the Broncos are 3-6 against the Pats in the regular season with none of the losses hurting Denver playoff hopes and the Broncos are 2-1 against them in the playoffs over the last 12 years with the loss being the Tebow led Broncos that didn't belong in the playoffs anyway)

Having spewed all of that. . . there is no way in hell the Patriots had anything to do with bad radios during this game. And there is no way in hell the radios impacted the train wreck that was the Steelers secondary. As a full blown Patriots slammer. . . shame on Tomlin.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:33 AM   #69
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, this is the dumpster fire of a team we've worked on building for 5 years now. Every time I say anything negative about Tomlin I get called out, but seriously WTF is going on. We've got 3-5 good Ben years left and probably the best WR and RB in the league and I'd be shocked if we make another AFCCG before Ben retires.

And I could go on hours about our cap, but we've got a ton of WTF contracts on a 3/4 MLB(Timmons), a freaking Center(Pouncey) and then numerous secondary guys that make me angry to even say their name. Mike Mitchell is one of the worst players I've ever seen. And he's got an upside down contract still. He was a street free agent the year before (I'm pretty sure) we gave him the largest FA contact in franchise history. We draft linebackers like Matt Millen drafted receivers. Back to Timmons, he's a good player but 3/4 ILB are like 1 step up from street free agents and he's been paid considerably more than any other ILB recently. I swear I'm just about done, I'll have to watch this team go between 8-8 and 11-5 til football goes away.

Last edited by stevew : 09-12-2015 at 12:34 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:33 AM   #70
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If the Steelers hit both those FG's and punch it in from the 1 the game ends up being a whole lot more interesting. All things considered I would be pretty happy with that showing on the road against the defending champs.

I don't buy that the Pats were terrific and the Steelers were awful. There were several instances in there where one play changes that game.

I do think that the Steelers will need to prepare better going forward. I saw several things during that game where I was yelling at the TV because they were so obvious and for some reason no one on the Steelers' sideline could see it.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-12-2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #71
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If the Steelers hit both those FG's and punch it in from the 1 the game ends up being a whole lot more interesting. All things considered I would be pretty happy with that showing on the road against the defending champs.

I don't buy that the Pats were terrific and the Steelers were awful. There were several instances in there where one play changes that game.

I do think that the Steelers will need to prepare better going forward. I saw several things during that game where I was yelling at the TV because they were so obvious and for some reason no one on the Steelers' sideline could see it.

Maybe, but you know what? The Patriots coaching staff was a HUGE part of making sure those one or two plays went their way. Big Ben gives a great play fake and wants to throw the ball to the TE. He's blanketed. The Patriots didn't bite and held their ground. Do I really need to get into how Pitt covered the TE on the other side or how the Patriots manipulated the Steelers defense to make it happen?

I think the refs probably missed the yelling of the snap count on the 1. . . but the Steelers had multiple chances before that. I think coaching and gameplan won the game for the Patriots.

I will agree. . . if that gets better and the Steelers have a break or two go their way, they can compete with the Patriots.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #72
bhlloy
Coordinator

I don't know if you can really say a play on the first drive changed the whole game, but that Antonio Brown pass play really was an awful call. Up to that point Williams was running all over the Pats, they were creeping up allowing Ben open receivers in the middle and that one play just took the air out of a brilliant first drive. Just screamed of a scripted play that they were going to run in the red zone whatever happened but it never should have seen the light of day seeing how well the run game and the mid level passing game was going on that drive.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #73
Thomkal
Head Coach

football is back! Hello again RedZone! Let's go beloved Cardinals!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:41 AM   #74
Dutch
"Dutch"

Yep, thankfully we got Cheater-Bowl out of the way before opening day. Now let the games begin!!!
Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #75
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know if you can really say a play on the first drive changed the whole game, but that Antonio Brown pass play really was an awful call. Up to that point Williams was running all over the Pats, they were creeping up allowing Ben open receivers in the middle and that one play just took the air out of a brilliant first drive. Just screamed of a scripted play that they were going to run in the red zone whatever happened but it never should have seen the light of day seeing how well the run game and the mid level passing game was going on that drive.

I agree, I was surprised the offense was marching like that on the opening drive. And then the stupid Brown play happened and it felt deflating, even so early on.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #76
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Lynch just carried five Rams for five yards.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #77
kingfc22
Head Coach

Man those Cleveland jerseys are HIDEOUS!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:27 PM   #78
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Nice to know the Browns are still the Browns!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #79
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I guess PI doesn't apply to Richard Sherman?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #80
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Taking McCown to the locker room.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #81
miami_fan
Coordinator

Joe Buck has the nerve to admonish the public for making the McCarthy comments a big deal? Pot. Meet. Black.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #82
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Nice drive for J Football.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #83
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Manziel looks like he might be a QB!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #84
miami_fan
Coordinator

Damnit RGIII what a stupid pass...
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #85
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Three yards per pass attempt for Tannehill? Can't get a fourth-and-one? Have a feeling it is gonna be a long season in Miami, if this keeps up.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #86
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Damnit RGIII what a stupid pass...

And no points from that.

Over/under on number of times RGIII will be shown on sideline: 587.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #87
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I keep thinking Tannehill is on the short list for a breakout. But it never happens.

I've never seen so many injuries. At this rate, someone's going to get Brett Favre out of retirement by week ten.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #88
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Woohoo!!! Points!
Old 09-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #89
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I keep thinking Tannehill is on the short list for a breakout. But it never happens.

Hasn´t he steadily improved so far and was pretty good last year ? Not like he´s stagnated for years now or sth.

German Free TV is actually showing 2 games every week now plus another 1 or 2 as stream, very happy about that
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-13-2015 at 01:26 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #90
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Hasn´t he steadily improved so far and was pretty good last year ? Not like he´s stagnated for years now or sth.

He's a checkdown king. With Stills, Landry, Parker and Cameron, I was expecting a bit more throwing the ball down the field this season.

WTF is wrong with Indianapolis?
Old 09-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #91
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
He's a checkdown king. With Stills, Landry, Parker and Cameron, I was expecting a bit more throwing the ball down the field this season.

Which would probably be a totally valid statement after week 8 rather than the first half of week 1

Russell Wilson made some really stupid decisions in regards to keeping the ball so far (and taking the sack) ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #92
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, radio mentioned that Tannehill was 27 over 12 last year. You can get a lot worse.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #93
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Which would probably be a totally valid statement after week 8 rather than the first half of week 1

After eight months of waiting, I'm entitled to complain after a single half of football!

Old 09-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #94
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Miami almost had me feeling good there for a second!
Old 09-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #95
TroyF
Coordinator

Early thoughts:

1) The Texans really missed the scouting report on the Chiefs. Cover the RB and TE, give Charles some yards and dare Smith to beat you on third and long. (and when it is third and long, watch the pass to the RB)

They decided to stuff Charles, not cover RB or TE and ensure there is hardly any third downs at all. (The Chiefs only third down conversion was on a pass to a RB for 12 yards) Very sound strategy O'Brien. Very sound.

The Chiefs are paper thin IMHO, but if they stay healthy, they will be difficult to beat if you don't game plan them accurately.

2) Tyrod Taylor lighting up Indy. Did not expect that one.

3) Manziel with some good plays. We'll see how he does in the second half.

4) Hawks offense struggling.

5) I haven't seen the game, but what the hell is the ;Miami gameplan? They have ran the ball 5 times for 5 yards and only 4 of those carries wen to a RB? Considering the circumstances, I think his numbers are pretty good.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #96
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Man those Cleveland jerseys are HIDEOUS!

They are certainly fall-like
Old 09-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #97
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
5) I haven't seen the game, but what the hell is the ;Miami gameplan?

Wish I knew?

Does Indy actually have anyone beyond Luck and Hilton?
Old 09-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #98
Thomkal
Head Coach

I guess the Bills are for real?
Old 09-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #99
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I guess the Bills are for real?

I don't know? But that defense seems really slow.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #100
miami_fan
Coordinator

Did they change the rules for challenging a play? I though that was a first down on the Jennings catch.