Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #51
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Taking out their pickup trucks would be hitting them where it hurts. (I learned this from country music.)

Now I was only kidding, I thought you only hated rich white people??

Quote:
I ain’t rich, but I damn sure wanna be
Working like a dog all day, ain’t working for me
I wish I had a rich uncle that’d kick the bucket
And that I was sitting on a pile like Warren Buffett
I know everybody says
Money can’t buy happiness

But it could buy me a boat, it could buy me a truck to pull it
It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets
Yeah, and I know what they say,
Money can’t buy everything
Well, maybe so,
But it could buy me a boat

Last edited by Dutch : 01-03-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #52
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
seize whatever property they have

In all seriousness, this is exactly what they should do IMO. Seize all their assets.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #53
PilotMan
Head Coach

Bottom line is something needs to be done. One way or another, something needs to be done. I'm not sure waiting them out or ignoring them constitutes doing something.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:03 AM   #54
QuikSand
lolzcat

I wonder which derisive nickname they like better

#vanillaISIS

#yallQuaeda
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #55
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

When people choose violent resistance, I think we need to address this with law enforcement. It's hard to compare this to ISIS, where the violence is deliberately extended toward innocent people. It needs its own category.

Because there's no current threat to innocent lives and there's no disruption of commerce or the freedom of others, law enforcement can take its time planning a response. But a response is necessary.

Using the military is an interesting idea, but we have laws against deploying them within the country for good reason - the same reason we have a Second Amendment. Our military plays a specific and vital role in national defense. Their training is specific to a different type of threat, where the judgment has already been made. Enemy combatants are not given the same rights as American citizens.

These people need to be addressed with the goal of bringing them to a fair trial. If they resist this arrest, and it appears they have planned to do so, force is necessary. There are police units with this specific training. Let them do their jobs, and try not to judge them harshly if some of these people are killed in the process. We owe our law enforcement a deep debt. If we didn't have police, groups like this would be everywhere, and many of them would be a serious threat to our own lives.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #56
Butter
Coordinator

I'm going to take the JiMGa stance here.

If they want to become martyrs, let them. They are trying to seize United States lands and create their own "state". The Army should be sent in to take back these federal lands from these militarized "citizens".

Live by the rule of law, die by it.

Last edited by Butter : 01-04-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #57
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I'm going to take the JiMGa stance here.

If they want to become martyrs, let them. They are trying to seize United States lands and create their own "state". The Army should be sent in to take back these federal lands from these militarized "citizens".

Live by the rule of law, die by it.

That's not a bad JiMGa impersonation there, Butterman. Well done!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #58
Butter
Coordinator

Thanks, I try.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #59
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I find myself increasingly in disagreement with Jim these days, but his post (#55) neatly summarizes my opinion.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #60
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I find myself increasingly in disagreement with Jim these days, but his post (#55) neatly summarizes my opinion.

Yep, it was well said and on point.

Like Steam?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:53 AM   #61
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

#vanillaISIS

#yallQuaeda

Old 01-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #62
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I'd go build a fence around the cabin. No one goes in, no one goes out until they surrender.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
When people choose violent resistance, I think we need to address this with law enforcement. It's hard to compare this to ISIS, where the violence is deliberately extended toward innocent people. It needs its own category.

Because there's no current threat to innocent lives and there's no disruption of commerce or the freedom of others, law enforcement can take its time planning a response. But a response is necessary.

Using the military is an interesting idea, but we have laws against deploying them within the country for good reason - the same reason we have a Second Amendment. Our military plays a specific and vital role in national defense. Their training is specific to a different type of threat, where the judgment has already been made. Enemy combatants are not given the same rights as American citizens.

These people need to be addressed with the goal of bringing them to a fair trial. If they resist this arrest, and it appears they have planned to do so, force is necessary. There are police units with this specific training. Let them do their jobs, and try not to judge them harshly if some of these people are killed in the process. We owe our law enforcement a deep debt. If we didn't have police, groups like this would be everywhere, and many of them would be a serious threat to our own lives.

To me this whole thing, from the anti-federal government push and confrontation in Nevada to this, is all part of a movement that reminds me of the Whiskey Rebellion in the 1790s. In order to end it, and to force those folks to pay their taxes, Washington rode at the head of a large army. Battle never even ensued, and it was ended eventually without a lot of bloodshed.

But a military response was precisely the appropriate action necessary to force people to pay their taxes and ot stop being ornery.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #64
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So like can the ducks and geese have their houses then?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #65
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmmm I just had a thought...

David Koresh and the Branch Davidians of Waco.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #66
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
In nearly all cases of extremism, I can at least understand where they're coming from, what their grievances are, why they're angry, and why the anger is enough to escalate to life/death levels. I read this story and I'm mainly left with a big, fat, "huh???"

+1

The closest Ive come to fully understanding their POV was this:
Full Story About What’s Going on In Oregon – “Militia” Take Over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge In Protest to Hammond Family Persecution… | The Last Refuge

Far from an unbiased source based on domain name alone, but it at least tried to paint a story.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #67
Dutch
"Dutch"

@CrimsonFox

Too late! Post #5 referenced Waco.

I can still see in my mind that hapless ATF dude at the curtain and bullets flying out at him...

Last edited by Dutch : 01-04-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #68
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
@CrimsonFox

I can still see in my mind that hapless ATF dude at the curtain and bullets flying out at him...

Old 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #69
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
@CrimsonFox

anti-referenced it, actually
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #70
Dutch
"Dutch"

Objection overruled!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #71
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Isn't this one kind of easy? They don't have hostages, right?

Supply them with food from a local prison. Keep guards around to keep others from coming in and joining them. Tell them when they want to come out and surrender, they are free to do so. But that you are cool if they stay in.

This can go on for years, right?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #72
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Supply them with food from a local prison. Keep guards around to keep others from coming in and joining them. Tell them when they want to come out and surrender, they are free to do so. But that you are cool if they stay in.

I thought of that. But the problem is that they'll shoot and eat every living thing in sight. I seriously hope they are spycamming these dudes and keeping a scorecard of everything they illegally shoot.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #73
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Hmmm, they would be too stupid to realize they put themselves in jail. I think it's brilliant.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #74
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

#vanillaISIS

#yallQuaeda

I like #yeehawdists
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #75
cuervo72
Head Coach

#YokelHaram not bad either.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #76
wustin
College Prospect

They have the right intentions but occupying a federal facility with militiamen is the wrong thing to do.

The whole Hammond fiasco has created a huge precedent for ranchers in the west. The feds have been fucking over the Hammonds for a decade over land.

Last edited by wustin : 01-05-2016 at 08:05 PM.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #77
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
They have the right intentions but occupying a federal facility with militiamen is the wrong thing to do.

The whole Hammond fiasco has created a huge precedent for ranchers in the west. The feds have been fucking over the Hammonds for a decade over land.

Uhh, their intentions are to start a civil war and overthrow the federal government.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #78
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Uhh, their intentions are to start a civil war and overthrow the federal government.

And you start that by taking over an empty building?

Their intentions are to bring attention to the expansion of federal property in Oregon (and the west) and the extreme harassment the feds have taken to seize land and push out ranchers.

As for the whole Hammonds arrest, I do think that they both should serve the 5-year sentence (which they will).
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #79
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

And one in the middle of nowhere...as far as we know, this is all actually taking place in Canada.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #80
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Their intentions are to bring attention to the expansion of federal property in Oregon (and the west) and the extreme harassment the feds have taken to seize land and push out ranchers.

As for the whole Hammonds arrest, I do think that they both should serve the 5-year sentence (which they will).

Watch the video I posted earlier. He's looking to go out in a blaze of glory. He's Tim McVeigh without the truck bomb.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 PM   #81
Dutch
"Dutch"

Better to burn out, than fade away? Sure...but they have 3700 cans of Pork n Beans...
Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 PM   #82
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
as far as we know, this is all actually taking place in Canada.

Over Polk's dead body. 54° 40' or fight!

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 01-05-2016 at 10:00 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #83
Dutch
"Dutch"

One of the greatest war rally cries of all time. But look, nobody knows where 54-40 is anymore accept for maybe Google Maps. These dudes have Rand McNally's from 1982...the maps are likely severely faded.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #84
molson
General Manager

News about #bundyeroticfanfic on Twitter
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #85
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Angry Militia Leader: Stop Mailing Us DildosÂ*
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #86
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

These militia dorks are excellent fodder. So long as they just keep sitting there doing nothing and being stupid, their existence may... may be worth it. May.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #87
whomario
Pro Starter

Does the fact that he is wearing a jacket inside mean that gas (or whatever heats the rooms) has been cut ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #88
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Wait... you can send these guys packages and mail at an illegally occupied federal building?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #89
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

I can't stop laughing at this.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #90
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I can't stop laughing at this.

+1
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #91
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe so many people spend money and time on hate when they could buy guns and ammo and occupy federal buildings until the government is overthrown.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #92
PilotMan
Head Coach

If you liked that you'll love this!

Drama Alert! The Oregon Militia Boys Are Beefing Like Instagram Teens

Like Steam?

Old 01-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #93
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Old 01-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #94
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Dumb and the Restless | Rolling Stone
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #95
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

#YallQaeda

Old 01-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #96
cuervo72
Head Coach

I smell reality show.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #97
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

A couple of the guys are fuckers of the highest grade Stolen Valor: Men In Oregon ‘Militia’ Caught Red-Handed Falsely Posing As Marine Veterans «
Old 01-13-2016, 07:51 PM   #98
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Classy bunch.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #99
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Oregon Militiamen Appear To Be Preparing To Put Local Officials On 'Trial'

Nothing says 'Freedom' like meeting in private.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #100
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm confused. These guys are holed up. How are they getting mail and visitors? Why is the government letting people and stuff in?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote