Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, I simmed my second season after losing a lot of games and realizing that I needed more help for Simmons.

In the 2nd season, Durant won MVP averaging 34 ppg, 9 rpg, and 6 apg. He also won a Championship for Golden State who swept the Cavs. Durant averaged 33 ppg in the Finals. Curry averaged 26 ppg and Thompson averaged 24 ppg in the finals.

Edit: My first rule change. Players are now eligible directly out of H.S as long as they are 18

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-18-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:13 PM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. The drafts seem to have more variability than previous years. Just had a draft where the #1 guy was out of this world. Came into the league with an 86 overall (lucky Celtics got him due to a pick from the Nets.) Everyone else looks like garbage at least coming in.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-18-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:48 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah. I had enough young players that I was able to win the Paul George FA battle! I finally have a nice starting lineup to compliment Simmons with lots of shooters around him
Old 09-18-2016, 11:05 PM   #54
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Limited sample(2 games). Took over the wolves in the offseason, drafted Murray from Kentucky, and signed Chandler Parsons. Love the feel of the game and love that you can play 6 minute quarters and it will adjust to 12 minute quarter stats. I am playing defaults so I may have to up the level as I won both games rather convincingly against Sac-town and Memphis.

The only downside so far is it seems certain things take a bit longer than they need to like the signing period and having to go through the meetings to sign contracts.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #55
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
love that you can play 6 minute quarters and it will adjust to 12 minute quarter stats.

What does this mean?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
What does this mean?

It automatically (if you set it to) double your stats in played games to match sim stats. It will adjust your stats by the appropriate percentage for whatever length quarters you play if you have the option on. Personally, I like 12 minutes played and simmed.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #57
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Wow. The drafts seem to have more variability than previous years. Just had a draft where the #1 guy was out of this world. Came into the league with an 86 overall (lucky Celtics got him due to a pick from the Nets.) Everyone else looks like garbage at least coming in.

I gotta admit, i never press "auto-generate draft" as even on 100 draft quality the game will create 8 stinkers in 10 compared to how the game rates the existing players and recent draftees. I always create/edit until i find a draft class that to me is decent and will actually keep the rating level of the current roster. (at least 4 guys over 75 and 15 over 70, at least 10 with Pot B and higher, at least 5 guys with 3 rating B- or better /// I also try and kinda vary Position-heavy drafts, so not 2 in a row with mainly Cs as top prospects).
I have gotten pretty good at not looking at the names and with the randomization feature it wouldn´t be a super big issue in any case.

Might even start editing a handful of draft classes for future use (editing the Top 40 or so players).

And as said, you HAVE to edit the "dish to open man" tendency after they are drafted.

Speaking of Star Players: As said i am mainly simming right now and in years 4. In the 2018 draft there came in a 85 rated center who is now up to 91 and in his Rookie Year won ROY, was 2nd team All NBA and 2nd Team All Defense and an All Star. Averaged 18/14 with 2.5 APG and 2 Blocks for the Suns. Almost dragged a sorry Suns team to the Playoffs, missing out by 1 win.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #58
whomario
Pro Starter

Playing more games now in the 4th season, basically every other homegame and a few choice matchtups.

Good start at 12-8

Gobert: 12/14 with 2 blocks

Markov (82 rated rookie PF): 19/7/3.5. while hitting 42% from deep on 3 attempts. Guy is basically Nowitzki

Phillips (77 rated 3rd year SF i got in the expansion draft). 16/5, 44% from 3. Outstanding Shooter with his feet set, being 6´10 does not hurt. Not a terrible defender either.

McCaw: (76 rated, 2016 draftee). More of a toke starter due to defense and decent 3 point shooting. 7 ppg in in 19 minutes, 38% from deep

Rubio: Signed him in FA. 82 rated, paid 22 mio per ... 11 ppg, 9 APG.

6th: Carpenter (80 rated 2nd year SG). 14/5.5/4. Struggling shooting with him and also bothered by a hip injury.

7th: Mirotic: 10/4, 40% from deep.

8th: Dejounte Murray: Very solid backup PG, gret midrange shooter, ok from deep. OK defense and nice playmaker. 7/5 in 20 MPG, getting a few at the 2 as well.

Others: Damian Jones (2016 class center) and Davis Bertans (real-life spurs player) round out the rotation.

The upcoming FA class sucks (one reason why i paid Rubio big money), but i own the Kings first rounder from trading down in my first season and giving them Dragic as well. They started 9-15 There´s a handful of good looking PGs in the draft, as well as 2 or 3 decent looking 2/3s that all could be had between 5 and 15.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-19-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #59
whomario
Pro Starter

I am also getting much better at dribble moves Once i wrapped my head around the necessity to use both sticks and only flicking the right (so not to trigger the shooting motion), it has been getting loads better.

Also watching this helped: NBA 2K17 Dribbling Tutorial: 2K17 How to do Crossover Ankle Breakers to Score. How to play 2K17 #1 - YouTube

doesn´t get too fancy in the beginning, the first handful of moves should be doable for everybody. Just 2-3 flicks of Right/Left combined to pull off. And from there you can just try out combinations yourself.

Basically from sizeup position:

1) Hold Turbo , then Right Stick Flick to your ball hand (hesitation sizeup) or away from your backhand (crossover sizeup) , then after the sizeup (gotta time it right) left stick forward at and angle.

2) If you get cut off, counter with a flick of the right stick backwards at 45 degrees to do a behind the back. Or flick right stick forward for an in-and-out move.

3) flicking the right Stick backwards after the initial move to the basket (so after "1"): Your player stops and pulls the ball back between the legs for a stepback and often you end up with an open midrange shot. And if you don´t, just move the left stick to either 45 degree forward and do a double move towards the basket.

One that he doesn´t show that is super intuitive:

4) After starting your drive, push the left stick back at a 45 degree angle away from your ball hand/drive direction and then continue pushing left to that side to switch direction on the spot and reverse the side of the hoop you are attacking. (so f.e. if you are driving right: Left back = make turn --> left forward = move to basket). That one is killer with quick players.

Guy also has a PnR Tutorial based on the dribble moves: NBA 2K17 Pick and Roll Tips 2K17 How to Score. How to play NBA 2K17 Pick and Roll Tutorial #2 - YouTube

Last edited by whomario : 09-19-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #60
heybrad
Norm!!!

What's the story with getting access to the Dream Team in this version? Do you have to pay for it as additional content?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #61
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
What's the story with getting access to the Dream Team in this version? Do you have to pay for it as additional content?

I got it free as part of pre order bonus....I am guessing they will later sale it as paid dlc, but not sure.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #62
whomario
Pro Starter

Aaaand a version of the crappy double team bug is back. Just got 25 Assists with Rubio because for some reason the CPU started double teaming him as soon as he crossed half court. Guess the double team is somehow based on performance, "being hot" (the symbol when going to subs) or sth.Because there is no logical reason to double team a passing PG like that ...
Old 09-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #63
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

When someone gets injured can you make a direct swap in the advanced rotations? I tried it briefly but didn't see an easy way.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #64
whomario
Pro Starter

decent looking bandaid for the terrible help rotation defensively : NBA 2K17 Defense Tips Perfect defense 2K17 Defensive settings. NBA 2K17 How to defend #11 - YouTube

Apparently orks on the cpu team as well, need to go change the controller to that team, change settings and switch back to your team. Unfortunately this means no VC earned, but if you don´t care about myleague and myteam (like me), still a good option. Have not tested this myself, but last year changes made that way did indeed stick for the cpu !

EDIT: or in Myleague, sinply take control of the cpu team before you play it (under league automation, then in the main menu you can circle to the other team moving the right stick) and change their gameplan accordingly

First Patch out on PS4, Xboxone soon (and at some point for PC )

Quote:

GENERAL
  • Updated court floors for both the New York Knicks and the Milwaukee Bucks.
  • Uniform improvements including the addition of a number of patches (e.g. Pacers 50th anniversary patch) and changes to more accurately represent uniforms for a number of teams.
  • Addressed an issue where some pre-order users were unable to see the ’92 Dream Team on the Play Now team select menu.
GAMEPLAY
  • Substitutions made during a timeout will now immediately apply, rather than waiting for the next dead ball.
  • Reduced the frequency of lob passes and increased pass speeds across the board.
  • Fixed the 5-Second Closely Guarded rule in Euroleague-rules games such that the violation is only called when the ball carrier is holding the ball (as opposed to dribbling the ball).
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Voice chatting has been added to the Pro-Am Team Arena.
  • As your Pro-Am Team levels up, you will now begin to see your Sponsors’ logos appearing on your custom arena walls!
  • Pro-Am teams of Elite 4 (and higher) will now see big heads in the crowd of their players during games.
  • The “On The Rise” and “Get Your Feet Wet” achievements should now unlock when the proper criteria has been met.
  • Injuries in MyCAREER will no longer carry over into MyPARK/Pro-Am games. Regardless of your injury status in your career, your player will now always be fully healthy in MyPARK/Pro-Am.
  • The Turbo meter will now flash red when depleted in MyPARK/Pro-Am games.
  • Travelling as a team to Parks and Pro-Am games should now be a lot smoother and more reliable.
  • Once earned, Grand Badges should now properly appear on your player in Pro-Am & MyPARK games.
  • A large number of improvements to the camera system used during Pro-Am games. The entire experience should now look and feel much cleaner.
  • Custom Wall progress will no longer disappear when changing basket types while editing a Pro-Am Team arena.
  • Made a change such that the only whistles you will hear in MyPARK are those from your current game (unless you are walking around).
  • Your Gamertag/Online ID will now correctly show on the back of your team’s Pro-Am jersey.
  • More reliable search capabilities when searching for players in the Free Agency feature of Pro-Am.
  • Corrected a number of animation upgrades for Pro-Am that had incorrect team level requirements.
  • Fixed an issue where the overall rating of another player would display as 55 when viewing their player card during a shootaround.
  • MyPARK intro animations will now be shown with a greater variety when more than one is equipped.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Corrected a case where users would have an optional practice and a game overlapping on a single day, resulting in the user being forced to simulate to the next game.
  • Proper controls for “Orange Juice” are now shown in the Controls menu in the in-game pause menu.
  • The Ankle Breaker badge should now properly unlock when the appropriate conditions are met.
  • Attributes earned exclusively through off-court events (e.g. free throw shooting, stamina, etc.) should now properly be saved to your MyPLAYER once earned.
  • Coach Brubaker will no longer critique you for missing team practices while you are injured.
  • When playing as a Point Guard, the playcalling menu will no longer be brought up on-screen when attempting to use “Orange Juice” controls with the d-pad.
  • Fixed an issue where your MyPLAYER would sometimes appear out of focus during a post-game interview with the studio crew.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Removed an errant dialog during MyGM setup that prevented more than one custom-built team from being added to the league at time of league creation.
  • Fixed an issue in MyLEAGUE Online where loaded custom draft classes were not being preserved.
  • User vetoes are now respected in MyGM when your owner approaches you regarding the proposed rule changes for the upcoming season. If you don’t want a rule enacted, say no. If you are interested in the rule, say yes and it will go up for vote with the league.
  • When using a downloaded Team Design, the commentators will no longer refer to the team by an incorrect name.
  • Team Cards will now list team stats for the last 24 years, rather than the current and last season it showed previously. The more information, the better!
  • Fixed an issue where the Advanced Rotations menu was not properly updating following a trade, which could lead to a hang in some cases.
  • Players should now sign for normal contract values when the salary cap rule is turned off.
  • Commentary and crowd sounds will now be heard when jumping into a game that was initiated with SimCast.
  • Playoff stats will now be used in the Team Comparison and Player Comparison menus during the Playoffs (previously used regular season stats).
Many other small bug fixes and adjustments were also made, game-wide.

The gameplay fixes also include (according to folks at OS) the adjustments you make actually sticking (crash the boards, fast pace and the likes).

Increased Pass speeds sound awesome, hope it´s true. I kinda worked around it by throwing tons of alley oops, bounces passes and flashy passes (which are like rockets) with Rubio f.e., but try doing that with Gobert

MyGm now including an actual Veto for rule changes is a big one.

Much of the Rest seems inconsequential to me, but then again i don´t play online.

Last edited by whomario : 09-27-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #65
bhlloy
Coordinator

Commentary and crowd sounds working after jumping into a game from SimCast is a big one for me. Not game breaking but annoying enough that I wasn't playing the game the way I typically like to
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #66
whomario
Pro Starter

Another patch, hope this is the one ... double Team logic is the big one for gameplay.

Couple other nice fixes if working properly.

Theres still a major Bug for myleague: CPU training is way biased towards open shots, making everybody into Korver when open (can train both midrange and 3s for those 2 in a sliding scale and default is 2% contested and 98% open). Need to controll all 30 Teams to change it for all Teams, then put everything for 29 Teams in Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33 View Post
[center]

NBA 2K17 patch 1.05 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: The roster update is available now.

UPDATE #2: (via Mike Wang)

GENERAL
  • HDR support has been added for the PS4.
  • Support for the PS4 Pro has been added. NBA 2K17 will run at a native 4K resolution at 60 FPS on the Pro.
  • The Cleveland Cavaliers court floor has been updated to match their new 2016-17 design.
  • The Golden State Warriors uniforms now have the #42 patch in honor of the late Nate Thurmond.
  • Authenticity improvements to a large number of uniforms.
  • You can now use post-release uniforms in Play Now games when using a custom roster.
  • Post-release shoes will now dynamically appear in your game mode saves when starting a new mode or when using a custom roster created after October 15th.
  • Users now have the ability to toggle off the ‘Zoom in Paint’ camera option when using the default broadcast camera.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to unequip certain animation types from their MyPLAYER.
  • The user can now unequip socks from their MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue where controller settings would reset after played games online.
GAMEPLAY
  • Users will no longer be able to prolong MyTEAM Blacktop games by committing reach-in fouls.
  • The Jamal Crawford double behind-the-back combo size-up move now functions properly when equipped.
  • Aiming should now be much easier in the broadcast camera for users who use Pro Stick shot aiming.
  • Disabled shot timing for all shots (including layups, hooks, floaters and heaves) when Shooting Type is set to Real Player %.
  • Improvements to make catching short passes more reliable.
  • Dial back pass speeds (especially on longer passes) to achieve better game balance.
  • “Soften” top front rim ball bounces for more realistic physics-based outcomes.
  • Reduced the frequency of “ticky tack” shooting fouls on jump shots and layups.
  • Fixed illegal screens, which were not being triggered in the proper situations.
  • General improvements to responsiveness, primarily in offball motion.
  • Improvements to the CPU’s double team logic and general defensive AI decision making.
  • Addressed a visual issue that would sometimes cause hook shots to branch into jumpshot follow through landing poses.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Teams in Rivet City are again able to grab a Got Next spot while a game is in progress.
  • Fixed a hang that occurred to some users when they were hopping from one MyPARK to another.
  • Fixed a number of camera-related issues when shooting free throws during Pro-Am games.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to use their custom jumpshot in MyPARK.
  • When editing your Pro-Am court, the backboard logo and wall texture can now be switched back to none/blank.
  • You can now view the team rosters of each team directly from the Power Rankings menu in Pro-Am.
  • All of your teammates will now have a unique color indicator when playing Pro-Am.
  • Grand Badges will now appear on the 2K Card in both MyPARK and Pro-Am.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • You can now skip through story scenes that you have already watched.
  • Fixed an issue that would result in the user being unable to play their next game in MyCAREER (a restart is required if you are affected by this).
  • Fixed a case where some users were not seeing triggered story scenes.
  • Fixed an issue where some MyCAREER sponsor contracts were not rewarding the user with the correct amount of VC.
  • Corrected an issue where you could not purchase/equip shoes from your new company when switching shoe endorsements.
  • Addressed an issue where the phone in MyCAREER would inform the user of a new message when that was not the case.
  • Fixed a case where the player would get stuck in the line during the Free Throw Golf drill in Live Practice when using specific signature animations.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Points of Emphasis have returned to the Gameplan feature! Note that these only affect simulation results.
  • The Advanced Rotations feature will now scale all rotations to work regardless of your chosen quarter length.
  • Fixed cases where some approved city names (e.g. Buffalo) were not being permitted through the content filter when moving your team to another city.
  • Fixed an issue where player attributes were being slightly modified when loading a draft class after the first season.
  • Injuries will now occur during head-to-head gameplay in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Color improvements have been made to the Kansas City Knights uniform.
  • Fixed a hang that would occur when attempting to use SimCast on the Rising Stars game.
  • Expansion teams will no longer get unlimited funds in MyGM.
  • The NBA logo is now located in the correct spot on the shorts when creating a custom uniform.
  • Many other small bug fixes and adjustments were also made, game-wide.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves unless noted otherwise.

Last edited by whomario : 11-06-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait to try the game with the new patch! I'm glad they disabled the shot timing when using real shot percentages.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #68
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
I don't understand why they bother having some of the historic teams if they don't have rights to some of the players like Rasheed Wallace and Steve Nash. What is even the point of having the 05 Suns team in the game if you can't use Steve Nash.

FYI, the most recent roster update adds Nash to the Mavs and Suns teams.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #69
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Bought a PS4 this week--first video game system in years--and have a few complete "noob" questions about the game (and the system):
--Do patches download automatically, or do I need to do something to get them? How can I check which version of the game I have?
--Do roster updates download automatically?
--What will I miss out on if I don't sign up for the 2k sports network? Anything critical to the game?
--Can I play the game effectively shooting just with the square button? Or do I need to learn how to use the stick to shoot?

As for PS4 more generally, I picked up this game, NHL, and MLB: The Show. Any other games people highly recommend?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #70
MrBug708
Head Coach

Usually you can't proceed with the game until u update a patch
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Bought a PS4 this week--first video game system in years--and have a few complete "noob" questions about the game (and the system):
--Do patches download automatically, or do I need to do something to get them? How can I check which version of the game I have?
--Do roster updates download automatically?
--What will I miss out on if I don't sign up for the 2k sports network? Anything critical to the game?
--Can I play the game effectively shooting just with the square button? Or do I need to learn how to use the stick to shoot?

As for PS4 more generally, I picked up this game, NHL, and MLB: The Show. Any other games people highly recommend?

Patches download automatically.
Roster updates are something you need to choose to download.
Nothing critical but I think it does keep track of your coins which give in game upgrades.
I only use square button with real percentage shooting.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #72
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Also, does it adjust stats if you don't play full quarters?
Old 12-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #73
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Patches download automatically.
Roster updates are something you need to choose to download.
Nothing critical but I think it does keep track of your coins which give in game upgrades.
I only use square button with real percentage shooting.

Thanks! Follow up: how do I download the rosters then?
Old 12-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #74
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:

Are you only interested in sports games? I cant help you there really as I don't play sports games on the console and only play sports management games on pc, but I can still recommend other games if it is outside of sports.

The Last of Remastered. (PS4 exclusive. Great gameplay, great story, great game)
Witcher 3 (same as above. I bought the books to get into it even more)
Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain. (I think there is a bundle now with pain and the previous entry)
Elder Scrolls V Special Edition
Any of the Fallout games
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, does it adjust stats if you don't play full quarters?

It can adjust them automatically if you turn the option on or it will leave them unadjusted if you prefer. You pick what minutes you want it to normalize stats to.

Quote:
Thanks! Follow up: how do I download the rosters then?

I forget exactly where you go, but there is an option to download rosters in a section under file management I think. You can download user created rosters or official rosters.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #76
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Thanks again for all the help. Started a custom season with a bunch of historic teams (and a few current ones), setting all teams to user and just playing whatever games seem interesting. Really fun so far. Just played a game against the mid-2000s Suns and thought the game mimicked their style really well.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #77
Eaglesfan27ver5
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Hey EF27, how did the Warriors do?

So, I'm in 2019 now and I got my 76ers into the finals with a team built around Simmons at PG, Middleton at SG, Paul George at SF, Saric at PF, and Okafor/Noel at C. We were dominating teams and were #1 ranked offense (which I still thought should have been Golden State.) We won 65 games cruised through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs and then we ran into the Warriors in the Finals. They won 70 games with Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, and Cole Aldrich as their starting lineup.... I couldn't do anything against them. Curry was getting hot so fast and hitting ridiculous 3's. Thompson put up 42 points against me in 1 game. Durant had 34 in another. They swept me in 4 games
Eaglesfan27ver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #78
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Is this worth it as a PC version purchase for the expansion option?
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #79
Eaglesfan27ver5
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Is this worth it as a PC version purchase for the expansion option?

No idea about PC version but I really love the PS4 version. There are some people who aren't a fan of some of the gameplay changes, but I have some sliders and one general house rule that have me getting the best gameplay that I have ever gotten from the series and the off court is the best ever.

Speaking of which... the fix is in. The Knicks only had a 1.4% chance to get the #1 pick and they got it! ;-)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27ver5 : 01-21-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Eaglesfan27ver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'd say that the game "feels more like basketball" than any previous version, though I did notice a step in that direction last year.

That's not an entirely good thing for my play style, but ten games in on XB1 I'm at least interested enough to see if I can adapt.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #81
rjolley
College Starter

I have the PC version and enjoy it. It usually gets the patches 1-2 weeks after the consoles, but overall, it's worth it for me.

EF27v5: What house rule and slider set do you use?

I use the following house rules:
1. No real players unless there aren't enough fictional ones to field a team.
2. A trade after draft positions have been established has to include your top pick.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I use my own customer all-star slider set. I can post if you want, but not real heavy on edits. Just a few bumps here and there. As far as house rules:

1) No trading 1st rounder for 1st rounder when I know their team is going to be much worse than mine unless I include a quality prospect/star.

2) I play no switch defense and have to control whoever scored the last basket.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I think this game does a very good job of modeling personalities. I'm in 2020 now and Okafor is the 3rd or 4th (definitely behind Paul George and Ben Simmons and probably behind Middleton too) best scoring option on my team. Well, he is actually a very good post player but I like scoring with my other guys more. He whined because I was bringing him off the bench for instant offense and so I inserted him into the starting lineup. He is now whining because I'm not giving him enough scoring touches. He has been the biggest headache I've ever managed in this game and I'm finally fed up with him and about to trade him despite him being a very effective interior scorer...

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-09-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #84
rjolley
College Starter

I usually use your rule #2, but I haven't as much this year. May start using it again.

I try to adhere to rule #1, but it's like a sickness right now to trade for picks. It's so easy to trade the #7 pick for 2 future #1s or my young backup PG that I drafted early 2 years ago for any player that I want.

I'm thinking of taking over a different team to see if the CPU is able to keep the tradition going and to see what it's like to play against the team I've built.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I got an offer of Embiid (who I had traded previously to Chicago) plus their 1st round pick for Okafor. Yet, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. Despite his personality, Embiid is the better player in my universe. Okafor has 99 post scoring and Embiid is the better defender but not as good of a scorer in the post in this game. Tough decision...
Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #86
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

any discussion of the NBA 2K eleague?
Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #87
rjolley
College Starter

Yeah, those are the kind of offers that I get that can be hard to take, not due to the players, but the fact that you get a good player and a 1st round pick that you can then flip later for a better player...and usually another 1st round pick.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #88
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
any discussion of the NBA 2K eleague?

I think it's great for 2k and the NBA2K developers, but I hope it doesn't move them away from continuing to develop the myGM/myLeague part of the game.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:09 AM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I think it's great for 2k and the NBA2K developers, but I hope it doesn't move them away from continuing to develop the myGM/myLeague part of the game.

My feelings exactly.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:10 AM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I decided to reject the trade offer for now. Okafor is averaging 15 ppg and if I can get him a few more touches a game, I think he can be a huge part of me finally winning a first championship with this team. But, if he demands a trade one more time before the deadline, I'll move him.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #91
SirBlurton
High School Varsity

Quote:
Dola -

I decided to reject the trade offer for now. Okafor is averaging 15 ppg and if I can get him a few more touches a game, I think he can be a huge part of me finally winning a first championship with this team. But, if he demands a trade one more time before the deadline, I'll move him.

Are you playing MyLeague or GM? If GM, are you seeing any injuries in games you play out?
SirBlurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #92
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBlurton View Post
Are you playing MyLeague or GM? If GM, are you seeing any injuries in games you play out?

I play myGM and I see injuries from time to time when I play games.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #93
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yes, (on XB1), I have seen injuries during a game while playing it out.
Most recently one that I don't recall seeing before in fact.

Dominique Wilkins popped up as "injured" and had to be removed from the game in the first quarter. I never got a comment about the severity in the commentary however so I checked on the subs screen in q2, he was "out".
I checked his player card in more detail, condition screen showed an obvious head injury, I'm thinking I'm screwed long term.

Halftime comes and goes, start to make my subs for the 2nd half and realize that's he's available again without damage.

Apparently, I guess, he was knocked goofy and was out while being checked over and then recovered during the half.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing MyGM and had an injury cost Noel half of a season last year in a game I played, but injuries are infrequent in games I play out. Most of my injuries happen during simmed games (I play 1 and sim 3 throughout the regular season.)
Old 02-19-2017, 02:46 AM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So, I'm on call and playing NBA 2k17 in between patients and I'm trying really hard to get Simmons the MVP this year (difficult because I only play 25-33% of the games.) Anyway, I was admittedly running up stats with a 20 point lead and 4 minutes to go against an overmatched Detroit team when they fouled Simmons hard and sure enough he suffered an injury that will cost him about 4 weeks

What was really interesting is a minute later, my center (a computer generated 2018 draft guy) gives a hard foul back to them as he slams Caldwell-Pope who suffered a broken bone in his leg and will miss 8-10 weeks. First time I've seen 2 injuries in a played out game in a long long time.. Of note, both guys were low on energy but not quite in the fatigued zone yet. I think that matters.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #96
korme
Go Reds

Love this game always. Play it more than any game on average, every year consistently.

However, the sim realism is wonky sometimes. I feel like the game doesn't adequately weigh the strengths of stars, and while in the NBA any night any team can win, it is too heavily weighted this way.

For instance, I expanded the Seattle SuperSonics in 2018-2019. A quick look at the standings 70 games in? The Supes are 48-22, good for 2nd in the West (Warriors with their same core are 50-21).

First year expansion team Sonics roster at 48-22:
PG Brandon Jennings (75)
SG Zach Lavine (81)
SF Joe Ingles (78)
PF Kris Humphries (75)
C Rudy Gobert (87)
Norman Powell (77)
AJ Hammons (74)
Zach Collins (74)
Ed Davis (74)
Monta Ellis (73)
Trevor Ariza (73)
DJ Augustin (73)
Chinanu Onuaku (72)
Malcolm Hill (71)

Just... how? Not a star in the bunch. Can't figure it out.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #97
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Love this game always. Play it more than any game on average, every year consistently.

However, the sim realism is wonky sometimes. I feel like the game doesn't adequately weigh the strengths of stars, and while in the NBA any night any team can win, it is too heavily weighted this way.

For instance, I expanded the Seattle SuperSonics in 2018-2019. A quick look at the standings 70 games in? The Supes are 48-22, good for 2nd in the West (Warriors with their same core are 50-21).

First year expansion team Sonics roster at 48-22:
PG Brandon Jennings (75)
SG Zach Lavine (81)
SF Joe Ingles (78)
PF Kris Humphries (75)
C Rudy Gobert (87)
Norman Powell (77)
AJ Hammons (74)
Zach Collins (74)
Ed Davis (74)
Monta Ellis (73)
Trevor Ariza (73)
DJ Augustin (73)
Chinanu Onuaku (72)
Malcolm Hill (71)

Just... how? Not a star in the bunch. Can't figure it out.

If it's anything at all like what I've seen playing out all games, you'll see beast-ish number from 1-2 players in most of their wins. Matchup stuff mostly I figure, especially in cases where they're catching opponents at just the right time with one or more key players out.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

What version and is the latest patch loaded? I found results like this with earlier versions of PS4 but last few patches fixed that for me.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #99
korme
Go Reds

Most current. Not sure PS4 would run without latest updates.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #100
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Playing this as a text sim by simulating regular season and then doing coach mode for key playoff games. Really enjoying it!

I think the patches have really tightened up cpu/cpu play
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote