Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #51
bhlloy
Coordinator

Would have been a chip shot to tie the game if the refs hadn't shit all over themselves at the end of the first half. Nice job.

bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #52
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Whew
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:53 PM   #53
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#notatie

Yay graham
Old 11-08-2016, 01:03 AM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sure it's an ugly play but I don't think it was roughing. It can't be roughing if the ball is tipped.

Anyways, I like Sherman. That kid plays hard and talks hard and backs it up.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #55
bhlloy
Coordinator

Considering there was no play and the whistle went it's obviously roughing. The league came out five mins later and said so.

And on top of that they made him leave the field even though there was no play. And then on top of that they waved off the good field goal because they left them four seconds on the play clock to kick the ball and moved them back five yards. So instead of a 15 yard penalty they ended up with a net of zero yards

FWIW I like Sherman too, but I'm struggling to think of a more poorly officiated sequence I've ever seen
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:53 AM   #56
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

having seen the play yes it was gross but i believe sherman didn't mean to rough the kicker. Sure if just touching the kicker gives a penalty then yes give a penalty. That playclock thing...ugh how horrible.

Just what is with the seahawks and weird games.

That tie game was so so weird enough. now this.

but yes love sherman!

Where the hell was Christian Michael today?

did he play?
Old 11-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #57
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Sure it's an ugly play but I don't think it was roughing. It can't be roughing if the ball is tipped.

The guy is pure, 100% scum. I don't care if he plays hard and backs it up, he is a classless dirtbag. I have to deal with cheering for one of these jack asses on my team as well.

I don't wish an injury on any player, but if Talib and Sherman both retired tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #58
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Considering there was no play and the whistle went it's obviously roughing. The league came out five mins later and said so.

And on top of that they made him leave the field even though there was no play. And then on top of that they waved off the good field goal because they left them four seconds on the play clock to kick the ball and moved them back five yards. So instead of a 15 yard penalty they ended up with a net of zero yards

FWIW I like Sherman too, but I'm struggling to think of a more poorly officiated sequence I've ever seen

There was no whistle until he was already diving for the block. No roughing.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #59
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Sherman jumps offside, obliterates the kicker despite the whistle having already blown, and somehow he gets 5 yards and the kicker isn't allowed to try the kick due to trainers coming onto the field.

NFL refs suck out loud.

Whistle didn't blow until he was already in the air diving for the block. He was doing what any player would do, finish the play until hearing the whistle.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #60
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

It's not roughing, it's unnecessary roughness.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 11-08-2016 at 11:16 AM.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #61
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Whistle didn't blow until he was already in the air diving for the block. He was doing what any player would do, finish the play until hearing the whistle.

I don't agree with this. If you're the only one moving you KNOW. These players are not dumb. They know if they are off-sides or not. Blaming the ineptness of the referee is just an excuse and a poor one. If player safety is all players responsibility, what the hell is he diving at his knees? Irresponsible.

Last edited by Dutch : 11-08-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #62
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Sherman was neither in the air nor diving, FWIW.

Obviously the "correct" call would have been unnecessary roughness.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #63
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:

A) As a defender, if you're offsides by that much, you know it. It's not realistic to think that he didn't know the play was dead.
B) If you're an edge rusher on FG block, you're taught to aim your body a yard in front of the kicker...not at the kicker. That way you can lay out to make the block attempt without risking a roughing penalty if you miss the ball.
C) He threw his shoulder into Carpenter's knee. That's not the body motion for a blocked kick. That's the body motion to take out someone.

Sherman has always been one of my favorite players in the NFL, but that was just about as dirty of a play as there will ever be.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #64
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
A) As a defender, if you're offsides by that much, you know it. It's not realistic to think that he didn't know the play was dead.

Tell that to any defender that stops when Rodgers draws them offside... play must be over... players play until the whistle...
Old 11-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #65
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I don't agree with this. If you're the only one moving you KNOW. These players are not dumb. They know if they are off-sides or not. Blaming the ineptness of the referee is just an excuse and a poor one. If player safety is all players responsibility, what the hell is he diving at his knees? Irresponsible.

If he was the only one moving there would have been by definition no kick attempted. If he stopped and the kick goes through with no whistle then the same people complaining on here now would be saying "idiot, he has to play until the whistle".