Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #951
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'll join you Blade.

vote AlanT

if it ends in a two pony race between him and RA then that's only good for us.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #952
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill be back in an hour...

Spleen, if you say you trust me you will follow me in this matter...if you want to build a bigger circle of trust, vote alan...im fairly certain hes a wolf now
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #953
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Unfortunately i cant give you what you want at the current time for various reasons, so i can only reccomend this course of action over the one you want to take...trust me when i say that pains me not to help, but i cant at the current time on this matter

This is why it sucks that I am going to be gone for the night in about an hour.

Dammit. I'll let you know before I sign off for the day.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #954
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Alright then, ill play along...

Spleen, you ask me to follow you in not voting penny...fair enough...follow my lead in this one

VOTE ALANT

You have somewhat earned my trust...now get your friends to follow me in this vote(for alan, who started the vote against mr. w)..i have played up trust for him all day to see if he would react. He reacted how i expected. Nothing about odds, this is about play. If i had to bet anyone right now it would be ALANT...you want me to trust you, then you gotta give a little back too

Can you give the lazy the cliff note's version of how he reacted?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #955
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

he hasn't to the vote yet, although I saw him lurking just on a moment ago so we should see soon.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #956
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola

UNVOTE PENNY
VOTE ALANT

Never unvoted

A curious move, since I mainly was pushing against the people who were blindly following your lead, I wonder why you suddenly are interested in removing me. I guess we will see how this goes, I don't have any alliance to save me nor any special role to reveal, so I'll be easy to take down if you have enough people hop on me like you did to Penny.

Wish I could do more to defend myself, but All I can go on is my actions.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #957
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Not so much a reaction to any one thing...its his general demeanor...analyzing how he played his first two games(one wolf one villager) it just fits...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #958
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
he hasn't to the vote yet, although I saw him lurking just on a moment ago so we should see soon.
he was lurking for quite some time to be exact....quite some time...during the whole reveal of trust thing
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #959
Blade6119
Coordinator

King is here...wouldnt mind hearing a comment from him...hes been awol for awhile
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #960
Blade6119
Coordinator

and im off to take the test...ill be back in about an hour and a half...i hope alan doesnt sway all of you before i get back lol
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #961
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Not so much a reaction to any one thing...its his general demeanor...analyzing how he played his first two games(one wolf one villager) it just fits...

Can you be a little more specific? Like how is it different? I'm not against throwing a rock in the pond, but I'd like to know a little more.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #962
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
he was lurking for quite some time to be exact....quite some time...during the whole reveal of trust thing

Ive been on here all day, mainly been trying to see if Hoops was legit or not, and was interested in seeing what he had to say. Just didnt have much to comment on it until after his response.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #963
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and im off to take the test...ill be back in about an hour and a half...i hope alan doesnt sway all of you before i get back lol

I doubt i will sway many anyone. I'm not quite as charasmatic as you are. My guess is this vote will go down to the same group of people who will follow your vote because you give people a reason to vote for someone. Just like with penny, people wanted to tag along to your reasoning as just something to go on. Im sure another group of people will likely not vote with you because of the normal reasons they don't seem to like your votes. And then a third group of people likely will just toss votes at other people wanting to stay out of another vote like day 1. Either way should be interesting to watch. Wish I could defend myself more, but its hard for me to defend myself against someone saying He's a wolf because I believe he is!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #964
KWhit
Coordinator

I have no reason to trust or distrust Alan T at this point. I think there's likely a better choice out there.

Time to start digging.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #965
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, if I vote for you it will be because I was already moving in that direction. Not to appease Blade. I'm not at the level of trust for him where I want to do that quite yet.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #966
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Holy balls, that is a lot of posts since last night...
Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #967
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Alan, if I vote for you it will be because I was already moving in that direction. Not to appease Blade. I'm not at the level of trust for him where I want to do that quite yet.

I honestly don't really have any trust for anyone right now unfortunatly. I have a feeling that I won't have much in the way of support as I don't have any faction or such to speak. My main point earlier was simply people should give their reasons for why they vote someone, not just because "echo what whoever said" If people vote me to be lynched it will stink for me, but good for our team if enough people give their reasons for doing it, and give enough information to go on for the next day.

I feel better about you than I did since it seems a significant number of people trust you enough to think that group is likely not wolves, but I got in trouble just now for questioning what i felt was a bandwagon without any explanation other than from one person on someone I didnt feel confident to be a wolf. If I saved another innocent villager with those actions, then at least I acomplished something I hope before I go
Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #968
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think I can move my vote at this point.

I am not confident in voting for Alan T. I was getting a feeling of trust from him earlier today and that feeling is still there right now.

Right now, I am still voting for Raiders. That could change int he next hour before I go, but I doubt it. If I was going to be here for the entire time this evening, I would be more willing to change my vote because I'd have time to change it back.

Once 4pm EST gets here, I will be unable to change my vote for the rest of the night, so I need to stand pat.

Sorry, Blade. Hopefully, I can show you the same level of trust on Day 3. If I was going to be around tonight, I think I would be with you.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #969
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

You can all trust me....
Old 02-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #970
Swaggs
Coordinator

For what it is worth, I am not sure whether or not Blade is a survivor or other, but I feel like he is lying about his role.

He has the ability to see night actions (maybe someone slipped him a note?).

He has the ability to kill up to two others if they try to attack him, but would die a simple death if lynched. I don't buy this. I do not see any possible way that you would reveal this or be so accusatory in the early game. If I had this power, I would be quiet and lay low, hoping that the others would try to pick me off. Also, I watch Lost and I do not feel like these powers, beyond observational and, perhaps, being able to tell whether one of us is good/evil, fits into the "character" of the Black Smoke on the show. There is also no indication that the Black Smoke is something that can even be attacked. Someone like Sawyer or Locke seem more likely to be able to counter-attack, in my opinion.

And he has some other knowledge about AlanT?

This just seems like too powerful of a character to me.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #971
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll join you Blade.

vote AlanT

if it ends in a two pony race between him and RA then that's only good for us.

I don't like that you voted for me, but can you at least give your reasons to? Right now this feels exactly like Penny's vote did earlier that I protested to. Someone playing on a hunch then alot of other people just following along without giving any reasons. If everyone just votes without reasons, it makes it far too easy for wolves to slip in there and hide.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #972
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
For what it is worth, I am not sure whether or not Blade is a survivor or other, but I feel like he is lying about his role.

He has the ability to kill up to two others if they try to attack him, but would die a simple death if lynched. I don't buy this. I do not see any possible way that you would reveal this or be so accusatory in the early game. If I had this power, I would be quiet and lay low, hoping that the others would try to pick me off. Also, I watch Lost and I do not feel like these powers, beyond observational and, perhaps, being able to tell whether one of us is good/evil, fits into the "character" of the Black Smoke on the show. There is also no indication that the Black Smoke is something that can even be attacked. Someone like Sawyer or Locke seem more likely to be able to counter-attack, in my opinion.

I'm with you. Something is definitely not right there. He has even hinted that there is more to his role than he is letting on, which would make him even more powerful.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #973
kingfc22
Head Coach

still trying to catch up...
Old 02-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #974
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Agree. Like I said earlier, I think there's some truth in the story, but we need to either verify it or clarify what is the real deal. My impression is that he seems to be trying to walk a line where he gives the Others a reason not to kill him at night and us not to hang him during the day.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #975
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I don't like that you voted for me, but can you at least give your reasons to? Right now this feels exactly like Penny's vote did earlier that I protested to. Someone playing on a hunch then alot of other people just following along without giving any reasons. If everyone just votes without reasons, it makes it far too easy for wolves to slip in there and hide.

I didn't vote for penny.

just like I said I'd like to make it a two pony race. It seems the hoops group is leaning towards RA. right now it's early and you have 2 votes with at least 2 or 3 other people out there with 1. let's see how the group that is all vouching for eachother plays this out. I don't think you have anything to worry about right now with only 2 votes on you and several in the click not moving onto you either. I mostly trust Blade and I'll throw my vote here until I see otherwise.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #976
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't vote for penny.

just like I said I'd like to make it a two pony race. It seems the hoops group is leaning towards RA. right now it's early and you have 2 votes with at least 2 or 3 other people out there with 1. let's see how the group that is all vouching for eachother plays this out. I don't think you have anything to worry about right now with only 2 votes on you and several in the click not moving onto you either. I mostly trust Blade and I'll throw my vote here until I see otherwise.

Thanks for the reasoning, thats all I was looking for. I'm not really worried because there isn't much anything I can do unfortunatly to save myself here. All I can go on is my actions and my well meaning attempts to try to get us in the right directcion
Old 02-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #977
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Thanks for the reasoning, thats all I was looking for. I'm not really worried because there isn't much anything I can do unfortunatly to save myself here. All I can go on is my actions and my well meaning attempts to try to get us in the right directcion

you might not be able to save yourself, but someone else might be albe to ala a duke role, if it even exists in this game. I'm more than willing to listen, but right now we've got nothing to go on. If I were you I'd really want to know where the hoops group is going at this point because that should be three votes right there.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #978
Swaggs
Coordinator

Can someone present the case against RA to me?

Not that there is always a good, conclusive reason to vote against someone this early, but if others are seeing stuff than I am not, I'd appreciate the knowledge.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #979
Celeval
Pro Starter

21 players.

2 dead, both named.
4? assumed to be "simple survivors".

That leaves 15 players.

If we're to make the assumption that a simple survivor has a name that is not associated with them except for flavor upon death, then we're looking at 6 (7 including me for me, since I know me; or you for you if you're not a special) known non-specials, and 1 self-identified special.

If we're to make the assumption that if you're named, then you have a role, then we've already lost two specials, know a third, and know about 4 (5) non-specials.

How does that match up with the breakdown of specials/non-specials in previous games?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #980
KWhit
Coordinator

Another thing that seems odd to me is that Blade claims AE gave him the choice of which group to align himself with. He could either win if the survivors win or he could win if the Others win. If I were creating a game, I don't think I'd give him that choice as his decision would affect game balance.

He also made this comment in post #140.
Quote:
As much as it pisses me off im not an "other" either...im honestly wondering if GMs actively make me a non-wolf...its like they dont want me to have fun...ive actually begun and indian dance ritual i call "rain evil please." its really getting annoying...hell, i bet sun is a wolf again...hes a wolf every damn game...sun always taking my spot

YOU HEAR THAT ARDENT!!! IM ON TO YOUR GAME!!!!!

Yes, the post was made somewhat jokingly, but I think if he were given the choice like he claims, I think it's very possible he would have chosen to be affiliated with the Others.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #981
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
21 players.

2 dead, both named.
4? assumed to be "simple survivors".

That leaves 15 players.

If we're to make the assumption that a simple survivor has a name that is not associated with them except for flavor upon death, then we're looking at 6 (7 including me for me, since I know me; or you for you if you're not a special) known non-specials, and 1 self-identified special.

If we're to make the assumption that if you're named, then you have a role, then we've already lost two specials, know a third, and know about 4 (5) non-specials.

How does that match up with the breakdown of specials/non-specials in previous games?

Usually like 3-5 good roles and then 2-3 bad roles for a game this size I guess.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #982
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Not that there is always a good, conclusive reason to vote against someone this early, but if others are seeing stuff than I am not, I'd appreciate the knowledge.

I believe the crux of the argument is that the wolves would be likely to spread their votes out, so that someone who voted for King is likely an Other. Then you look at who is in that group and RA is the one that pops out as most suspicious. Or the least unsuspicious.

Besides that, nothing comes to mind that really implicates RA. Of course we are still on day 2, so I would be shocked if we had a lock, stock, and barrel situation.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #983
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I voted for RA because he voted for me. If he were a simple survivor like me, I don't see any reason to vote for me. Maybe he didn't see the clues or maybe he got a different PM. I made this vote before I realized that, but that is not enough cause for me to move the vote, IMO.

I haven't been given any reason to move that vote and there are a lot of folks you have him on their mistrust list...

I'm not going to move my vote without cause. It just doesn't make any sense to me to do so.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #984
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Another thing that seems odd to me is that Blade claims AE gave him the choice of which group to align himself with. He could either win if the survivors win or he could win if the Others win. If I were creating a game, I don't think I'd give him that choice as his decision would affect game balance.

Yes, the post was made somewhat jokingly, but I think if he were given the choice like he claims, I think it's very possible he would have chosen to be affiliated with the Others.

and, if true, why align so early? If his goal is to win, then wouldn't the smart money be on waiting a few days to see how things shake out?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #985
SnDvls
Pro Starter

anyone got a vote breakdown or now what post # the last one was on?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #986
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - know not now damn!!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #987
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is today's so far:

(523) Blade votes pennywise (1)
(576) spleen votes blade (1)
(595) mckerney votes pennywise (2)
(701) hoopsguy votes pennywise (3)
(720) raiders votes spleen (1)
(728) spleen UNVOTES Blade (0)
(728) spleen votes raiders (1)
(730) Alan votes mckerney (1)
(775) Celeval votes kwhit (1)
(788) Saldana votes Celeval (1)
(858) hoops UNVOTES Pennywise (2)
(946) blade UNVOTES pennywise (1)
(946) blade votes Alan T (1)
(951) sndvls votes Alan T (2)
Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #988
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
and, if true, why align so early? If his goal is to win, then wouldn't the smart money be on waiting a few days to see how things shake out?

usually you have to choose in this role prior to day 1 getting underway. I've seen it talked about in other WW threads.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #989
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

Man. This doesn't look good to me either KWhit. Nice find.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #990
kingfc22
Head Coach

I can not remember a WW game with so many people forming small groups. Just seems odd to me.

As far as Blade's reveal goes, I'm not sure how much I buy it. I have the same thoughts that Swaggs posted in post #971. I think Blade has a role, but I don't see how it can be the swiss-army knife of roles. It almost seems like he is a witness, blessed, and counter-attacker.

For today's vote, I was leaning towards penny before I read these last eight zillion posts, but I'm inclined to believe spleen and hoops right now. I just buy there story more if you will. That leaves RA and Blade that voted for me on day 1. I know that I'm not an other, so that gives me a 50/50 shot at hitting one since I do believe that at least one other voted for me. I highly doubt that a single other did not vote for me.

So with that said I'm going to....

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY
Old 02-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #991
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, I thought the exact same thing on Blad'es role earlier, but was in "read-only" mode while I was at my client site earlier this morning. Glad that you brought this up.

I don't think our "group" is going to be voting in lockstep. Spleen has made it pretty clear he is out for the night soon and will likely leave his vote on Raiders. I would need a lot of convincing to put my vote on Raiders.

Desnudo and Alan T are the guys that I expressed unease about earlier and I'm not in any better place on either one as of now. I voted initially for Tanglewood on Day 1 but didn't find anyone willing to head that direction with me. If I'm going to be wrong on my vote, I guess I would rather be wrong and vote out someone who is playing the role of a mime in this game. Alan T and Desnudo both offer more risk/reward; given some information to work with I think my vote is likely to end up on one of them.

Assuming there is a seer in this game, who would you want them to look at tonight?
1.) Going to assume neither Charlie or Hurley was the seer
2.) I don't think I've played in a WW game yet that didn't involve a seer
3.) I would probably have them scope out Blade or Alan T (assuming they are both around post-lynch). I'm always willing to be scanned, but I don't think that is optimal because it won't reveal an other and because I think I've started to gather some measure of trust.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #992
spleen1015
Coordinator

What exactly does a seer do?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #993
Desnudo
Coordinator

9. tanglewood
10. Schmidty
21. bearcat729

People who have hardly been heard from. Unless there's a pressing need to ensure a tie break or some real evidence comes forward, I think my vote will go to one of these three.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #994
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
9. tanglewood
10. Schmidty
21. bearcat729

People who have hardly been heard from. Unless there's a pressing need to ensure a tie break or some real evidence comes forward, I think my vote will go to one of these three.

I have a hard time believing a wolf is among the inactive. I haven't even seen those guys browsing the thread much. A wolf is such an important part of the game. You have to be paying attention.

Being a wolf is too important to be inactive.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #995
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another thing to keep in mind on our "group" as it stands right now - if there is a conversion power in the game for the others, then it is probably heading towards one of us tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I would think waiting is only an option if we lynch a survivor today.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #996
hoopsguy
General Manager

Spleen, a wolf can view the site as a guest instead of being logged in.

Right now there are 8 members and 4 guests viewing the thread.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #997
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

There you have it. Experience.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #998
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Has there ever been a wolf who played the pretending to not be around game to slide by? I have seen a few who were really quiet, but you saw them in the thread from time to time.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #999
spleen1015
Coordinator

How do the GMs pick who gets what role? Do they go random or pick themselves?

Do they all do it differently?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #1000
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
I have a hard time believing a wolf is among the inactive. I haven't even seen those guys browsing the thread much. A wolf is such an important part of the game. You have to be paying attention.

Being a wolf is too important to be inactive.

Maybe. I think the strategy outlined by Alan T last game involved having a vocal and a quiet. I'm not convinced any of the three are others, but I'm also not convinced that either Alan T or RA is. Absent any decent evidence besides speculation, I'm inclined to get rid of people who aren't contributing anything. Also, towards the end game, people who haven't participated at all can create really confusing situations, even if they are innocent.