Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #951
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think if people are deadset on lynching PurdueBrad, I'll go along with the day 1 vote idea again. I'll just introduce another candidate.

Vote Eaglefan

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #952
Autumn
Head Coach

Maybe this got corrected, but the last vote count from Danny I see last night as Poli voting both Abe and Telle. I think that should be just Telle.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #953
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Thanks for doing this, PB. So you're not looking for people who voted for ntn -- in fact, you're looking exclusively at people who voted to SAVE ntn?

In my case, I took no action on NTN one way or the other. I just left my vote on EF all day. The act of leaving a vote there could potentially be construed multiple ways, I suppose.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #954
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Maybe this got corrected, but the last vote count from Danny I see last night as Poli voting both Abe and Telle. I think that should be just Telle.

Yes, it's just Telle, I forgot to remove Abe's name from the list.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #955
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The focus on PB has been due to Lathum's early vote on him, not because EF was blocked from voting. Unless Lathum is a wolf, the wolves could not have known when they submitted their action on EF that Lathum would come after PB right after results were published.

Or am I missing something in the above point?

I'm not saying people are voting Purdue becuase EagleFan was a Needie target, no.

But I am saying that EagleFan, Purdue and NTN were the three top targets. One was lynched and proven good. The Needies then chose to attack one of the other two. Why did they choose to do that?

Purdue is a target right now bcuase of Lathum, yes. But he would have been high on the talk list today anyway, along with EagleFan, for being a remaining contender from yesterday.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #956
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I wasn't defending ntn.. I was just against the reason that people were using for voting for him. I know there are games where I'm quiet.. mainly because of some mental health issues that sometimes make it difficult for me to interact with others (irony of bringing that up in this game...). So it kind of felt to me like if he's not welcome because he's often quiet, then maybe I wouldn't be welcome either when I'm not feeling my best. So it touched on a personal note for me.

awwww.

he's welcome and you're welcome. it's just sometimes in games where he has been bad recently or hasn't been bad in a while it's at least a topic of conversation.

but i think frequently he gets a pass on D1, as does Chief on D1-Mondays, and probably a few other people as well.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #957
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
In my case, I took no action on NTN one way or the other. I just left my vote on EF all day. The act of leaving a vote there could potentially be construed multiple ways, I suppose.

I don't mean to say that your vote was made with the express attempt to save him, just that the people in PB's list all put votes on a top candidate who was not ntn, which had an effect of helping him live.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #958
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't mean to say that your vote was made with the express attempt to save him, just that the people in PB's list all put votes on a top candidate who was not ntn, which had an effect of helping him live.

Anyway, the one that struck me the most in PB's list (and his reason) was Telle. So Telle goes all out defending a villager, and that strikes you as bad?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #959
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

What if Telle wasn't necessarily defending ntn when she was pointing the conversation at PB yesterday?

Why does Telle sound apologetic to PB in discussion directly to him as if understanding she was wrong, yet still say he would be a good choice?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #960
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm not saying people are voting Purdue becuase EagleFan was a Needie target, no.

But I am saying that EagleFan, Purdue and NTN were the three top targets. One was lynched and proven good. The Needies then chose to attack one of the other two. Why did they choose to do that?

Purdue is a target right now bcuase of Lathum, yes. But he would have been high on the talk list today anyway, along with EagleFan, for being a remaining contender from yesterday.

but don't you think looking at your reasoning then that maybe PB isn't a wolf? Why would the wolves be so obvious as to lynch one of the 3, make the other one unable to vote, and thus essentially point us right back at the 3rd? It's like...too easy.

If anything I might argue that EF is the wolf and that by silencing him the wolves are hoping to point the finger at PB. Not that I think this is necessarily true, but maybe it's as true as the idea that PB could be a wolf.

It just seems too "first level thinking" easy that PB is the wolf then. And knowing our crafty wolves they're probably at least on "2nd level" and misdirecting things.

This is where not being able to discuss roles makes things very difficult, because we have no way of group-analyzing Lathum's experience that he can't share with us.

In a way I think it might be an early indication of a limitation of this game that I don't like - because you're essentially forcing everyone to play as islands and stifling group-think and discussion.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #961
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and that's probably my longest WW-post in several games
Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #962
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
but don't you think looking at your reasoning then that maybe PB isn't a wolf? Why would the wolves be so obvious as to lynch one of the 3, make the other one unable to vote, and thus essentially point us right back at the 3rd? It's like...too easy.

If anything I might argue that EF is the wolf and that by silencing him the wolves are hoping to point the finger at PB. Not that I think this is necessarily true, but maybe it's as true as the idea that PB could be a wolf.

It just seems too "first level thinking" easy that PB is the wolf then. And knowing our crafty wolves they're probably at least on "2nd level" and misdirecting things.

This is where not being able to discuss roles makes things very difficult, because we have no way of group-analyzing Lathum's experience that he can't share with us.

In a way I think it might be an early indication of a limitation of this game that I don't like - because you're essentially forcing everyone to play as islands and stifling group-think and discussion.

I don't think it's stifling group-think and discussion. You guys are getting plenty of discussion out of it . It's different though, I admit.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #963
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol
Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #964
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not bitching already or anything - jury's still out on it. i'm just commenting that it's making things...different
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #965
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

That's exactly what I'm saying DT, that the attack on EagleFan would seem mostly like to result in more scrutiny on PB, and not on EagleFan. I'm not sure what other motivation for attacking him there would be.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #966
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
i'm not bitching already or anything - jury's still out on it. i'm just commenting that it's making things...different

Yeah, that's what I was going for. Hopefully in the end everyone has fun and has an interesting experience.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #967
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
What if Telle wasn't necessarily defending ntn when she was pointing the conversation at PB yesterday?

Why does Telle sound apologetic to PB in discussion directly to him as if understanding she was wrong, yet still say he would be a good choice?

I'm not understanding this. How do I sound apologetic? And what was I wrong about?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #968
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not understanding this. How do I sound apologetic? And what was I wrong about?

Just the tone of your post this morning, you sounded apologetic when responding directly to PB. Maybe I'm reading more into things here. I didn't vote for you afterall, I voted for Eaglefan.. Just an observation I noticed.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #969
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm guessing that Lathum has some information that perhaps pins it between Purdue and another being bad, or that at least gives him a greater than average chance that Purdue is bad. However, my thinking above makes me doubt that he is. I'm going to vote EagleFan at this point unless we get some further analysis, or unless the voting makes me doubt myself.

Vote EAGLEFAN
Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #970
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Just the tone of your post this morning, you sounded apologetic when responding directly to PB. Maybe I'm reading more into things here. I didn't vote for you afterall, I voted for Eaglefan.. Just an observation I noticed.

Apologetic about what? Voting for him? I was just explaining why I voted for him. And based on the little bit we've heard from Lathum today, it looks like I may have lucked out with a good Day 1 vote.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #971
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

based on clap and my being on the same page with our thinking. very open to change.

UNVOTE PB
VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #972
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
based on autumn and my being on the same page with our thinking. very open to change.

UNVOTE PB
VOTE EAGLEFAN

fixed - autumn not clap
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #973
Telle
College Starter

As of post #972:

3 - PurdueBrad - Latham (790), hoopsguy (822), dubb (846)
3 - EagleFan - Alan T (951), Autumn (969), DaddyTorgo (971)
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #974
Telle
College Starter

So what's the case against EagleFan? Just that the wolves might have targeted him in order to move discussion away from him? Wouldn't it actually put him more in the spotlight as a person of interest?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #975
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Apologetic about what? Voting for him? I was just explaining why I voted for him. And based on the little bit we've heard from Lathum today, it looks like I may have lucked out with a good Day 1 vote.

Maybe I read more into your post then you intended. The way you used the word unfortunate in regards to the run on PurdueBrad, it made me wonder if you believed in your day 1 vote any more. Which is why I asked you afterward who you were voting for today. Your response to that also didn't seem too sure, and listed PB to understand what is going on between Lathum/PB.

It just got me wondering if your quick flip yesterday wasn't necessarily to protect ntn as your words were saying, but moreso to protect Eaglefan.

I've been wrong before though, so possibly am here too. Like I said before I'm having problems where I am not getting strong wolf vibes from people so far this game, so this might be a reach. I don't expect people to follow me, it seems likely that PurdueBrad is dying today, in which we will still learn something from.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #976
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A lot of band wagon jumpers against the person who can't even defend himself with a self defense vote. Strikes me as suspicious.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #977
Telle
College Starter

Ah, I see. I labeled the run on PB as unfortunate because of the way it went down. He had one vote, and then simultaneously two others voted on him pretty randomly. So it wasn't a "real" run.. it was just something kind of weird that happened.

I probably will vote vote for PurdueBrad today because I don't like leaving lingering issues. But I was just hoping we'd get more discussion (as we have) rather than us all just jumping on the bandwagon right away.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #978
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
A lot of band wagon jumpers against the person who can't even defend himself with a self defense vote. Strikes me as suspicious.

How is it suspicious?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #979
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF is probably the only candidate that I would consider moving to, short of someone coming out and saying "Player X is a wolf! I scanned him last night!".

I think I've documented the reasons behind this already. I thought EF was the right scan last night. I can see the seer coming here today, being dismayed by a run on another player, and trying to figure out what the heck is going on when he knows that he has caught a wolf on N1. So he would want to make sure to paint EF as non-trusted, in the event he (seer) ends up dead sometime soon. If he can get momentum behind an EF vote, then his scan choice for tomorrow is either PB or Lathum, depending on how he reads today's events.

Anyway, that is where I'm at right now - trying to figure out if we have an actual seer scan on one of the two people with votes right now.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #980
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, when you arrive - can you tell us the order of actions in terms of seer scan versus wolf attack/convert?

Figure I may as well ask, as the second major topic I'm chewing on today is the "no kill" last night.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #981
Telle
College Starter

Well if you're right hoops then haven't you just given away the seer as being one of just a couple of people? Why would you be announcing such a theory like that when there's already some momentum behind an EF vote and probably no need to go saying "Hey everybody! The seer is probably voting for EF!"?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #982
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How is it suspicious?

Attacking the guy with his hands tied behind his back. If it's not suspicious it's a least a freaking panzy ass thing to do.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #983
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
a freaking panzy ass thing to do.

I'm used to being called names in WW games by now

Doesn't really affect my desire to vote for you. I'm pretty sure that I'm staying here today.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #984
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny, when you arrive - can you tell us the order of actions in terms of seer scan versus wolf attack/convert?

Figure I may as well ask, as the second major topic I'm chewing on today is the "no kill" last night.

Kill/protect/convert would come first and then the seer scan.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #985
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I this whole movement towards PB and EF is strange. EF much stranger than PB. I'm frankly having trouble wrapping my head around this game, simply as I've been busy so far and so much has happened. I'm inclined to vote for neither PB nor EF. Though if that's what it boils down to I'd go PB before EF. Instead I'm going to go in a completely different direction.

Vote hoopsguy

I feel like he's been on the wolf side of steering as opposed to human.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #986
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Attacking the guy with his hands tied behind his back. If it's not suspicious it's a least a freaking panzy ass thing to do.

Who would you suggest the people voting for you move their votes to?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #987
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well if you're right hoops then haven't you just given away the seer as being one of just a couple of people? Why would you be announcing such a theory like that when there's already some momentum behind an EF vote and probably no need to go saying "Hey everybody! The seer is probably voting for EF!"?

Well, me being right would depend on a couple of things happening:
1.) The seer actually agreed with me on the right person to scan last night
2.) They have logged in by now
3.) They have put their vote down already

We've got six votes in the books out of 20 players. We have a few players who have yet to show up today.

I also think that the wolves are naturally on high alert for anyone voting for them, especially when a viable (?) candidate already exists with PurdueBrad.

Anyway, if I have ended up putting the seer in harms way more than they already were with that post, I'm at least a little sorry for doing it.

The one part of the game that I can control is my own vote, and I'm doing the best that I can each day to make it a good one. I've got a day right now that I'm not sure I have a good handle on, and I figure that the majority of the people who are reading this have interests that are aligned with my own. So I'm hoping that posting my thoughts helps create a positive dynamic for me (and others) in reaching a good decision.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #988
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
I'm used to being called names in WW games by now

Doesn't really affect my desire to vote for you. I'm pretty sure that I'm staying here today.

Cut EF a break - Philadelphia fans don't have a very big vocabulary and it is hard to express their thoughts with the nuance that you might expect from other fanbases
Old 05-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #989
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey, thought about this on lunch duty. This does NOT mean that Lathum is in on it. We had 3 people up yesterday and lynched one. That means that either EF or I would be up today. By criticizing EF, the wolves remove him from the conversation by getting him some cred (see how arrested people were treated last game), that leaves me with the most heat. They got a bonus by getting Lathum to go after me. But WHY me.

A- I hit on something at some point yesterday that is a wolf

B- EF is a wolf and they're trying to shift it
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #990
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We've got six votes in the books out of 20 players.

HOLY CRAP, felt like I had 20 votes on me already!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #991
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Vote hoopsguy

I feel like he's been on the wolf side of steering as opposed to human.

Nope, not this time around. I'm trying pretty hard to figure out today's votes and I've got a day (today) with more time to spend in-thread than I have for awhile. If people want to follow me, that is fine but I'm just trying to make a good decision with less information than many others, I expect.

However, in a meta-game sense I guess it is good to know that I'm not giving off tells like Passacaglia was last game since you are guessing wrong here
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #992
hoopsguy
General Manager

One more point on posting "seer" thoughts, and I'm sure that PB especially can attest to this.

If I'm a wolf and think that I've spotted the seer, or narrowed it down to 1-2 players, then I'm keeping that to myself and just offing them at night. I've done this multiple times; it is absolutely a pattern. The last thing, as a wolf, that I would want to do is clue in a bodyguard about who he should be protecting from me.

So, I'm now arguing (I guess) that the fact that I'm publicly talking about potential seer actions is some kind of indicator of my villager-ness.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #993
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just caught up and all I really have to say is I'm glad this didn't turn into an all-day runaway on PB, and that this post struck me oddly.

Quote:
That's a good point. Then again, we have 20+ people all with some kind of role? I could see it. But I'll have to look up ntn's role again to remind myself.

Because of..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Like all groups, each of you is unique and special in your own way and will have something to contribute to the group or some way of getting what you want. Every one of you will have a role. Some roles are listed, many others are not. If you are not a listed role, you may at no point reveal to the group your role. On death, the role and its details will be revealed.

I just remember how I went about dealing with unknown rules/mechanics as a wolf and Pass' post struck me. Dont know if it means anything but it's something I wanted to bring up.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #994
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey, thought about this on lunch duty. This does NOT mean that Lathum is in on it. We had 3 people up yesterday and lynched one. That means that either EF or I would be up today. By criticizing EF, the wolves remove him from the conversation by getting him some cred (see how arrested people were treated last game), that leaves me with the most heat. They got a bonus by getting Lathum to go after me. But WHY me.

A- I hit on something at some point yesterday that is a wolf

B- EF is a wolf and they're trying to shift it

Actually, I felt that the villager response to people being arrested was pretty appropriate -- basically neutral, recognizing that they could still be either one.

As for WHY you, if your thought is that EF is a wolf, doesn't that simply make you the easiest option?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #995
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I'm trying to figure out - how in the heck are there five people with more posts in this thread than me? And several of them with a ton more posts?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #996
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope, not this time around. I'm trying pretty hard to figure out today's votes and I've got a day (today) with more time to spend in-thread than I have for awhile. If people want to follow me, that is fine but I'm just trying to make a good decision with less information than many others, I expect.

However, in a meta-game sense I guess it is good to know that I'm not giving off tells like Passacaglia was last game since you are guessing wrong here

Heh, I'm half mock offended. I must admit I was thinking similar thoughts when Lathum said I was acting like when I was a wolf in some other game -- just goes to prove to you all that my villager play is just like my wolf play. Therefore, whenever any of you guys think I'm acting like a wolf, I'm actually a villager.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #997
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I'm trying to figure out - how in the heck are there five people with more posts in this thread than me? And several of them with a ton more posts?

You are ahead of me in posts though.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #998
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As for WHY you, if your thought is that EF is a wolf, doesn't that simply make you the easiest option?

And that was one of my points.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #999
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Just caught up and all I really have to say is I'm glad this didn't turn into an all-day runaway on PB, and that this post struck me oddly.

Because of..

I just remember how I went about dealing with unknown rules/mechanics as a wolf and Pass' post struck me. Dont know if it means anything but it's something I wanted to bring up.

I'm not sure how to respond, because I don't know what you're trying to say about my post. I do think you missed some context, though. Yes, I knew we all had roles, but the discussion with hoops was about whether or not two of the roles could have had an overlap such that Lathum's role is similar to ntn's.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #1000
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
And that was one of my points.

Is that what you're trying to say in Point B? I guess I see that. So is Point A based on the assumption that EF is not a wolf?