Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #951
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh.. one other note I just remembered that I wanted to make based on last night's discussions while I was sleeping..

NFG in his reveal hypothisized that Greyroofoo might be sylar due to being able to kill someone who voted for him. (Or something along those lines).. I don't think that is Sylar.. at least not from a show point of view. If I had to guess from a show point of view, that is the exploding man, whatever his name was (Ted?) When you got him mad.. bad things happened.

alan, I think it's bad strategy to openly speculate on someones role.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #952
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't buy that the company had their killed get lynched. Even if they felt safe enough that Ardent wasn't going to get lynched due to the lead of votes on Jackyl, I can't think they would have still had Ardent be their killer and take the chance. I have to assume they had someone else listed as their killer, or had a conditional order in for a different killer if Ardent got lynched.

If the kill was Sylar, I think there has to be a different reason for the no company kill and not that Ardent got lynched. Something like they can kill every other night or such..

I still strongly feel though that it was indeed a company kill and not a Sylar kill though. I think when Sylar finally kills, it will be very clear to us that it was a Sylar kill from the description of a head cut open. Just based on the detail Jeheinz has put into this game and how important of an element that would be to have, I just have to imagine that will be the case.

No, i think the kill of oliegirl was also a company kill, and Sylar has some reason he hasn't killed yet. We've seen games before where people had conditions that they couldn't kill till they meet some requirement first, or they couldn't kill until night 3, or only every third night or whatever. I'm still not given up on the chance of Sylar killing and it starting soon.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #953
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
alan, I think it's bad strategy to openly speculate on someones role.

So its ok for all of them to speculate on his role incorrectly leading to votes on him for a bad reason, but its not ok for me to speculate on the role in a way to try to discredit their thinking?

Just checking!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #954
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So its ok for all of them to speculate on his role incorrectly leading to votes on him for a bad reason, but its not ok for me to speculate on the role in a way to try to discredit their thinking?

Just checking!

I think you should at least give him a chance to respond. Lets say he is sylar, you now just gave him an out.

Plus he only has 2 votes on him, what are you worried about?

With that I'm off to class.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #955
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me.

Unvote RendeR
Vote Thomkal

Old 03-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #956
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This is for you Narcizo. You conveniently left this out of your analysis.

I don't know if this is a sloppy set up attempt but you are now clearly on my radar.

Interesting.

You are pull up Barkeep (and just about everyone else who has expressed any thoughts on the matter) because of his assumptions about Sylar, and yet your own assumptions about Sylar's powers make it ok for you to draw conclusions about what he's up to. "He wants a no lynch vote because he can absorb people's powers" As it happens I agree with you in this assumption but you seem to be, at best, guilty of double-standards.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #957
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you should at least give him a chance to respond. Lets say he is sylar, you now just gave him an out.

Plus he only has 2 votes on him, what are you worried about?

With that I'm off to class.

I guess its because I like to speculate, I have fun doing it in these games.. I get bored just sitting around not tossing out opinions or thoughts.. I like throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks and what doesn't?

I don't feel that I gave him any more of an out than he already previously had though. if he is in fact Sylar, he still has to take the chance of claiming to be Ted and run the risk that someone else is Ted instead. Heck maybe I'm Ted and I'm just trying to set him up to fake reveal and get burned?

I just know how these runs start, and seeing one start on what I think is not accurate information, from someone whom I don't really trust (NFG) just is a bad idea is all.

And my current guess on who is Sylar is suddenly Barkeep for who knows what reason.. but of course I previously thought Hoopsguy might be Sylar and was completely wrong about that.. so probably wrong here too
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #958
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Just to be clear (which I clearly wasn't) I agree with the assumption that he can steal someone's powers. Not that he'd want a No Lynch vote so he has a better shot at stealing someone's powers.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #959
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Shout out to petrochile. Hope you're enjoying the read.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #960
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Interesting.

You are pull up Barkeep (and just about everyone else who has expressed any thoughts on the matter) because of his assumptions about Sylar, and yet your own assumptions about Sylar's powers make it ok for you to draw conclusions about what he's up to. "He wants a no lynch vote because he can absorb people's powers" As it happens I agree with you in this assumption but you seem to be, at best, guilty of double-standards.

actualy no.

I am making an assumption based off my knowledge of the show.

BK's statements were far mo related to gameplay.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #961
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum when you get back from class I'd love to hear how you think Sylar steals powers considering we haven't seen him do a night kill yet. Do you think it's a night kill and he's waiting for some reason? Or could it be some other mechanism?

And for all: Does it really only make sense that Sylar's ability is to steal powers? Or could he do something else?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #962
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK's statements were far mo related to gameplay.
Which is all I comment on because I don't know jack about the show.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #963
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Lathum when you get back from class I'd love to hear how you think Sylar steals powers considering we haven't seen him do a night kill yet. Do you think it's a night kill and he's waiting for some reason? Or could it be some other mechanism?

And for all: Does it really only make sense that Sylar's ability is to steal powers? Or could he do something else?

Pretty much in the show, all he does is kill people and take their powers. He's a fun character partially because of the actor who plays him... and there is some backstory to why and how he kills people and takes their powers (I commented alot on his backstory the first two days if you want to read up on that).. but in the end, all he really does is kill someone and take their powers.

He depends on other people to help him get what he needs.. he uses Mohinder and his list to locate the heros that he wants to kill, and then when he gets there he kills them. As he's gotten more powers he has become able to kill people in new fun ways, but initially he had to use just common tools like knifes/etc to kill the first few as he had no powers to kill at the start.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #964
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok then. I'm just very confused, then, why we haven't seen any Sylar night kills.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #965
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narc, the reason I put it out there is that I've seen people with my power get lynched in multiple games and it is always a massive waste.

Also, it avoids the "why the hell isn't this guy getting night-killed if he is good" argument. I probably could have waited another day or two to see what happens, but by revealing I also allow the good guys to have the opportunity to use their power intelligently with me - either to validate me or to direct elsewhere, depending on their preference.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #966
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok then. I'm just very confused, then, why we haven't seen any Sylar night kills.

Well I already gave a bunch of reasons in my earlier post about 10-12 minutes ago.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #967
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

Just a hunch, based on my ability (which involves random.org, apparently, damn you jeheinz!), but perhaps Sylar's kills are random.org dependent, and he's been failing his rolls?

Or perhaps someone has a Sylar blocking skill (highly unlikely), and he's been lucky two nights in a row.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #968
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If Hoops is still around on day 5 or 6, I'm going to be very suspicious of him being company!

*This is obviously a joke post.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #969
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I already gave a bunch of reasons in my earlier post about 10-12 minutes ago.
Yeah it could be a "can't kill until night 4" (or night 3) bit, but that leaves him awfully exposed until then which would be a bummer for a 1 man side. Definitely a possibility and the most likely explanation I suppose.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #970
SnDvls
Pro Starter

maybe Syler and the company actually alternate night kills.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #971
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Vote Barkeep

something about him isn't sitting right with me
Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #972
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Just a question for DT, why would you force a four-way tie, when Thomkal, AE, and Jackal were all ahead of me by one vote?

still catching up, but wanted to answer this: i wanted to cut rodney some slack, i felt like CR said that he had some sort of "passive" power as i do, and people were misinterperting it and jumping on him when he wasn't around, and i wasn't particularly a fan of a thomkal vote, so it came down to jackel and you NC, and idk...I just picked one
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #973
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Given the benefit of the doubt that Thomkal is thinking about survival (like many of you claim he is), at this moment in time, he could have put his vote on AE and put AE ahead, but he doesn't... he goes votes for Jackal, who was two votes behind? Why would he not put his vote on ardent? I don't buy the fact that Jackal already had a vote on him.

I have to say that Thomkal voting for Jackal rather than Ardent in those circumstances is really pretty odd. I don't think it necessarily follows that DT or BK were in on some sort of elaborate vote rigging scheme but it doesn't seem logical for him to vote for Jackal at that stage unless he had some sort of info on him.

I don't necessarily think that the stuff that made him a lynch candidate yesterday has a lot of vailidity. But I think that that one vote alone is reason to make him another strong candidate today. It's certainly something more solid than Alan or my gut feeling about st.cronin. I'm going to reread what Thomkal said in his defence but I'm moving towards a lynch vote for him at the moment.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #974
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Vote Barkeep

something about him isn't sitting right with me
Perhaps the fact that I don't know much about this theme and so I am hopelessly floundering about trying to figure it out?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #975
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
maybe Syler and the company actually alternate night kills.
We've already seen two consecutive company night kills.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #976
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
We've already seen two consecutive company night kills.

what makes you say night 2 was a company kill?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #977
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've probably got a busy morning...i need to get a placeholder vote in at least.

i tried to read through all the posts since last I've been on here as I was sipping my coffee, and my conclusion as a placeholder vote is

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

I hope I'll be back to give it more thought, but I want to be sure I get something in in case I get pulled away
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #978
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Perhaps the fact that I don't know much about this theme and so I am hopelessly floundering about trying to figure it out?
im the same way, its confusing for me that people are talking about the show, when heinze said it doesnt follow the show... and I never saw it anyways. also having ot catchup over 600 posts is tough. thankfully that horrid training is over

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #979
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Narc, the reason I put it out there is that I've seen people with my power get lynched in multiple games and it is always a massive waste.

Also, it avoids the "why the hell isn't this guy getting night-killed if he is good" argument. I probably could have waited another day or two to see what happens, but by revealing I also allow the good guys to have the opportunity to use their power intelligently with me - either to validate me or to direct elsewhere, depending on their preference.

Fair enough. I would be very much in favour of someone validating you.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #980
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
still catching up, but wanted to answer this: i wanted to cut rodney some slack, i felt like CR said that he had some sort of "passive" power as i do, and people were misinterperting it and jumping on him when he wasn't around, and i wasn't particularly a fan of a thomkal vote, so it came down to jackel and you NC, and idk...I just picked one

actually the only person to "jump on him" for this statement was me and it was when he was on when I did it and he blew me and it off.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #981
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i've probably got a busy morning...i need to get a placeholder vote in at least.

i tried to read through all the posts since last I've been on here as I was sipping my coffee, and my conclusion as a placeholder vote is

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

I hope I'll be back to give it more thought, but I want to be sure I get something in in case I get pulled away

Any thoughts on Thomkal, DT?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #982
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
im the same way, its confusing for me that people are talking about the show, when heinze said it doesnt follow the show... and I never saw it anyways. also having ot catchup over 600 posts is tough. thankfully that horrid training is over

I think this is a mis-statement. Jeheinz never said that this game doesn't follow the show, and in fact I think the evidence we have seen so far draws a logical progression from many references in the show. As far as I am aware, the only thing Jeheinz was sure to say was that we can not discern roles from what side people were on in the show. So far, the majority of everything else seems to lead me to believe that conversation about the show is actually fairly relevant in some cases. The only thing I'm trying to do is not throw out many season 2 spoilers if I can help it since a few people have mentioned they hadn't had a chance to watch it yet.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #983
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, on the topic of Season 2 spoilers - I thought Grey's power sounded more like someone from Season 2 than Nuclear Ted.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #984
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
what makes you say night 2 was a company kill?

This is for Barkeep since he didn't answer it the 1st time I'll ask again
Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #985
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, on the topic of Season 2 spoilers - I thought Grey's power sounded more like someone from Season 2 than Nuclear Ted.

I think its the same premise, you could be right. I guess my point was more:

I don't really feel that great about NFG, or his reveal, so please don't go on -HIS- opinion that Grey's power sounds like Sylar, because there are much better roles that type of power seems to fit in with.

Since Grey picked up two pretty quick votes based on NFG's analysis, I just figured I should say that. I think there are possible reasons to vote for Grey, including his vote which for practical purposes should have put The Jackyl away yesterday before the last minute save.. just I don't buy the Sylar angle is all.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #986
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm leaving work, and won't be able to be back on until the afternoon, so pleeeaaase don't gang up on me.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #987
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote count coming soon!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #988
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Vote count coming soon!

I'm waiting breathlessly.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #989
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Har har Alan.

St. Cronin (2): Alan T (756), Schmidty (893)
Barkeep49 (2): path12 (859), SnDvls (971)
Greyfooroo (2): Jackal (882), Chief Rum (911)
Mr. Wednesday (2) : Barkeep49 (942), DaddyTorgo (977)
Jackal (1) : RendeR (789)

Schmidty (1): St. Cronin (819)
Mauboy1 (1): Mr. Wednesday (912)
Thomkal (1): Neon Chaos (955)

Not voting (8): Hoops, Thomkal, Narcizo, nfg22, Greyfooroo, mauboy1, Lathum, claphamsa
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #990
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Im gonna reread everythign later, but for now (incase this is one of those never ending satff meeings)

vote nfg

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #991
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

but ill probably change it

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #992
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Read through what Thomkal has to say and while he offers a reason for not moving to Ardent at the end I haven't seen his reason for moving to Jackal instead of Ardent earlier on. But overall I'm not getting much of a wolfy vibe off of him but I've got less than an hour to make a decision and, at the moment, it's a vote based toss up between GRF and him. I absolutely don't buy GRF being Sylar based on what cfg said though. If either come in soon and can offer a reason for voting Jackal I'd be appreciative.

PS Thomkal it's very poor form to post in a thread other than the WW thread when you're playing a game. Messes up the "recent post" lists. I was wondering what the hell you were talking about for a while until I realised that it was an American Idol thread.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #993
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ardent has a killer voice, and his song selection is good, but all of that fur is what did it in for me.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #994
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Meh! With 4 people already on 2 votes I don't like adding someone else to the mix, but I feel the votes placed on NFG (not cfg. Sorry) have been placed for the wrong reason.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #995
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hey folks, just a heads up. Things may be a tad delayed today. The wife and kids are dropping in the office right around that 1-1:30 timeframe. I'll be around to call the deadline likely, but results and such may take until 2-2:30ish.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #996
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Meh! With 4 people already on 2 votes I don't like adding someone else to the mix, but I feel the votes placed on NFG (not cfg. Sorry) have been placed for the wrong reason.

Care to clarify why that is? I only see one vote on NFG and it just came and as far as I can tell, Clap didn't really give a reason for it. Just curious.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #997
hoopsguy
General Manager

I agree that the vote is too splintered right now. In particular, the people I have some level of trust for currently are divided across different candidates.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #998
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Har har Alan.

St. Cronin (2): Alan T (756), Schmidty (893)
Barkeep49 (2): path12 (859), SnDvls (971)
Greyfooroo (2): Jackal (882), Chief Rum (911)
Mr. Wednesday (2) : Barkeep49 (942), DaddyTorgo (977)
Jackal (1) : RendeR (789)

Schmidty (1): St. Cronin (819)
Mauboy1 (1): Mr. Wednesday (912)
Thomkal (1): Neon Chaos (955)

Not voting (8): Hoops, Thomkal, Narcizo, nfg22, Greyfooroo, mauboy1, Lathum, claphamsa

Well, my vote right now is for one of the leaders in Cronin. Of the other leaders, I doubt I'll vote for Greyfooroo , however I don't have any issues with anyone who would like to vote for him because of his vote placement yesterday. BK I have this nagging voice in my head telling me he might be Sylar, but its just a dumb reason for it that I don't really have the energy in me to push.. So I'm likely interested in staying on Cronin for today.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #999
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Care to clarify why that is? I only see one vote on NFG and it just came and as far as I can tell, Clap didn't really give a reason for it. Just curious.

Because I'm mixing him up with GRF. Silly acronymns. :o
Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #1000
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

oh mr.w also has two votes too.. I also assume due to the vote yesterday. I don't really have a good read on him one way or another right now. I'll have to go back and see who was pushing for him and such.. but right now the two votes on Mr.W (BK and DT) aren't necessarily near the top of my trust list, so I don't think I'll join them.