Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #951
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Have the people who visited the Opium Den learned the identity of a Den Dealer? I don't need to know who it is, just wondering if that role is in the game as I have not set foot there so far.

I have only been there once, but I did not have any interaction with anyone while there.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #952
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Of the people whose role I don't know, the vast majority have been a john (or claimed it, or attempting it) or been to the opium den. Offhand, the remaining ones who haven't are saldana, LSG, RA, and Alan.

Right? Did I miss any of the four above claiming to seek comfort in their vices, or one of the proprietors identifying them as a customer?

I'm actually not trying to make a point that they're bad guys, necessarily, as I have no reason to think that Jekyll or Moriarty would be beyond visiting a prostitute, for example, and equally, there are a couple of as-yet-unidentified roles that would not be particularly likely to be customers.

Correct, I have not claimed visiting any prostitute yet.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #953
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm only here for about 20 more minutes if anyone has any questions or wants to bounch any ideas off me.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #954
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs, Im guessing you were posting as you were catching up. The more I thought about you, the more you became 50/50 on me if I believed you. I talked myself out of pushing for you as I felt there were better candidates.

The only concern I have is at some point we're going to run out of unverified people.. if you are good I would probably encourage you to try to find your way into a CoT tonight. There are a few other people I currently trust more than you who also are unverified.. I think at some point people with that ability probably should try to make use of it.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #955
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm only here for about 20 more minutes if anyone has any questions or wants to bounch any ideas off me.

bounce any ideas off me.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #956
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs, what did you do Night 0,

and you say last night you went searching for a prostitute, which districts did you look for one in?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #957
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, are you playing the common villager role, a modified common villager like a couple of people have claimed, or a totally different special role?

I'm wondering what your night activites have been for Night 0 and Night 2.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #958
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Swaggs, are you playing the common villager role, a modified common villager like a couple of people have claimed, or a totally different special role?

I'm wondering if you're reading my mind.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #959
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Swaggs, what did you do Night 0,

and you say last night you went searching for a prostitute, which districts did you look for one in?

I didn't do anything on Night 0. I didn't have time to get an order in.

I didn't say I went searching for a prostitute last night. In fact, I have said several times now that I have not been in contact with any prostitutes.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #960
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

[quote=Swaggs;1320983]

1) I have not visited any prostitues, so no they cannot. I spent my money on the opium den the first night and tried, unsuccessfully, to use my money elsewhere last night.
QUOTE]

I apologize then. I assumed by this you meant you tried to spend money on a prostitute last night. What did you try to spend your money on last night then?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #961
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I am the local tanner. I have the ability to perform one of two night actions (visit prostitute or visit opium den). I also have the ability to hire an urchin to follow someone or scout out an area for me.

I put my money yesterday towards hiring an urchin. I don't want to give too much more about that away, other than to say that it was not a very fruitful exchange.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #962
Blade6119
Coordinator

Who i trust right now:
Hoopsguy
Dubb
Barkeep
Raiders Army
Saldana(a little more shaky here, but got the vibe)

and maybe bullet...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #963
Swaggs
Coordinator

[quote=Alan T;1321015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

1) I have not visited any prostitues, so no they cannot. I spent my money on the opium den the first night and tried, unsuccessfully, to use my money elsewhere last night.
QUOTE]

I apologize then. I assumed by this you meant you tried to spend money on a prostitute last night. What did you try to spend your money on last night then?

I spent 5 on the opium den on Night 1 and used some of the remainder yesterday, during the day, to try and hire an urchin to gather some information for me. I did not perform a night action because my money was tied up.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #964
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anybody else, real quick?

I will be back tonight, but probably not until about 9:00 PMish.

BTW: No Lynch Izulde
Old 11-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #965
st.cronin
General Manager

unvote Raiders Army

just noticed something, I think he's ok

vote AlanT

I just can't get a feel for him, and that bugs me. I'm not really sure which way to go, still looking for a better idea.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #966
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
unvote Raiders Army

just noticed something, I think he's ok

vote AlanT

I just can't get a feel for him, and that bugs me. I'm not really sure which way to go, still looking for a better idea.

I would love to hear what you and Blade trust about Raiders. For the life of me in 19 pages of this thread, I couldn't find much.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #967
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright fellas, I'll be back this evening.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #968
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I would love to hear what you and Blade trust about Raiders. For the life of me in 19 pages of this thread, I couldn't find much.

He has been vouched for, although possibly not in a way that would be obvious, unless you know what to look for.

I don't know if Blade sees the same thing, or has a different reason. Blade's list is somewhat different from mine.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #969
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He has been vouched for, although possibly not in a way that would be obvious, unless you know what to look for.

I don't know if Blade sees the same thing, or has a different reason. Blade's list is somewhat different from mine.

Interesting, I just don't see it. He hasnt been seen out at night that anyone has said.. no one has come out and said I trust Raiders.. and the only hint I found him giving was an incorrect or possibly joke hint where he said gold pieces instead of shillings.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #970
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, if you are trusting Raiders then what direction do you think makes sense for our vote today? I've got a better feel for people I would prefer to avoid than people I should vote to lynch.

Swaggs? LSG? Do you distrust Alan now? Would love to talk through some scenarios ...
Old 11-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #971
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, I suspect that some of us have made bad assumptions about the game mechanics. I'm reevaluating some things in my mind right now. I'm not sure about Dodgerchick, for example.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #972
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm also not sure about hoopsguy.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #973
st.cronin
General Manager

Basically what I'm getting at is that I suspect all bad guys have some sort of "villager" cover. They can visit an opium den, visit a prostitute, hire somebody. I think having done any of those things is not enough to clear somebody.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #974
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, if I was playing evil then I was pretty dumb yesterday with Lathum. The way I read the rules is that "evil wins" both collectively (major) and individually (minor).

I'm fine with you working through your assumptions, but I would like to be able to participate in the thought process.

In terms of your play, I know what district you were in last night and I have some idea of what your actions might have been. I'm pretty confident you are a good guy and a little disappointed that it appears I saw you and you did not see me.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #975
st.cronin
General Manager

hoops, how many other people did you notice in that district?

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #976
st.cronin
General Manager

Also, which district did you see me in?

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #977
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cronin, if I was playing evil then I was pretty dumb yesterday with Lathum. The way I read the rules is that "evil wins" both collectively (major) and individually (minor).

I'm fine with you working through your assumptions, but I would like to be able to participate in the thought process.

In terms of your play, I know what district you were in last night and I have some idea of what your actions might have been. I'm pretty confident you are a good guy and a little disappointed that it appears I saw you and you did not see me.

I was going to ask you about this. The main reason I didn't strike back at St.Cronin was a few people seem to have good "vibes" about him. I purposely have been playing a bit cheeky so don't mind getting a little heat.. but I am actually pretty dumbfounded to finding what anyone has for Raiders. My initial feel was bad guys circling the wagons to try to push the vote away from him.

Neither Blade nor St.Cronin either gave a reason for why Raiders is good. I openly admit that I know nothing about Raiders, and thats my reason for a vote. I've been asking all day for someone to vouch for him (which at this point should be a reasonable request) and after 7-8 hours still no one has.

I doubt I'll move my vote from Raiders without someone actually coming to vouch for him. If others want to pursue something else, thats fine.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #978
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll put some more information out from last night, as it may be helpful in terms of placing people on the map:

It appears that there were two distinct time periods in the evening. I was in Bishopsgate for both.

1st - there was lots of activity there. I saw two people, Barkeep and Path

2nd - I saw Barkeep, Cronin, Schmidty, and Blade

I believe that Barkeep had two partners last night.

Now, given that we have seen people move between locations at night - does it make sense that someone might be able to have two unique actions? Prostitute/Kill, for example? I've leaned towards "NO" on this most of the game but I really don't know for sure that this is the case.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #979
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I would be very surprised if Schmidty has a "normal" villager role. And not too surprised if he had some kind of an "urchin" role, based on a re-read of the PM and supported by his post earlier that "urchins rule" or something along those lines.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #980
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, were you in any other districts last night?

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #981
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, I think we both saw the same event in Bishopsgate last night.

Regarding your question about having two unique actions... it seems like some actions involve multiple sectors, e.g. people looking for a prostitute to hire, will look in two sectors, and I've noted the two phases.

Implications:
* If you're in the right sector, but at the wrong time, you will miss events there.
* Do the bad guys spend one phase in another sector whiling away their time?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #982
st.cronin
General Manager

/is puzzled

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #983
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I was only in the one district last night.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #984
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I can't vouch for LSG, but I haven't seen anything to make me think she isn't a normal londoner. When brought up in the topic yesterday with Blade, Hoops and Sndvls, Sndvls wasn't willing to vote for LSG making me think LSG might have visited Sndvls at some point. LSG tossed out one hint before anyone else about the normal londoner role and my take is she just has been too busy to give the game alot of attention and isn't bad, just preoccupied this game.

I wish I could contribute more but I have a villager role. I wish I wasn't so preoccupied because this game is hella fun. But I am trying to contribute as much as I can whenever I can.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #985
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, I would be very surprised if Schmidty has a "normal" villager role. And not too surprised if he had some kind of an "urchin" role, based on a re-read of the PM and supported by his post earlier that "urchins rule" or something along those lines.

Its funny you say that.. I said a while back that Schmidty hinted at being an urchin, then I asked him about it, he ignored my question. He commented about no idea what money is used for in this game (which seems weird to me since we pay urchins... or bid on them so to speak and they pick the highest value) so asked him about that and he ignored that question too..

Sometimes Schmidty is so frustrating to figure out that I want to lynch him just because. What you say makes me go back to what i originally was thinking about him.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #986
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hoops I know i can't vouch for alant but the fact that he feels so strongly about me being a villager makes me assume he too is good. I will not be voting for him today or anytime soon unless somebody can come up with some pretty damning evidence
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #987
st.cronin
General Manager

It doesn't seem like we're able to focus on anybody, today. I have my suspicions about a number of players, but nothing concrete. As I've argued in other games, a "no lynch" wouldn't be the worst result in the world, especially in a game where everybody is wandering around at night, seemingly.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #988
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
hoops, I think we both saw the same event in Bishopsgate last night.

Regarding your question about having two unique actions... it seems like some actions involve multiple sectors, e.g. people looking for a prostitute to hire, will look in two sectors, and I've noted the two phases.

Implications:
* If you're in the right sector, but at the wrong time, you will miss events there.
* Do the bad guys spend one phase in another sector whiling away their time?

I have been trying to figure this out myself. I was in the same area as BrianD and Fouts when they were killed, but I did not see anyone else and as far as I know, no one saw me that night.

Last night I only saw one person and have no idea if anyone saw me, but I wasn't in whitechapel where Sndvls was killed other than going to and from my home there.

I don't have any ability that I know of to take me to multiple areas, but not sure if onlookers watch people in areas as they leave their homes, etc or what.

So far in 3 nights I've seen only one person and have no idea if I've even been seen at all.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #989
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It doesn't seem like we're able to focus on anybody, today. I have my suspicions about a number of players, but nothing concrete. As I've argued in other games, a "no lynch" wouldn't be the worst result in the world, especially in a game where everybody is wandering around at night, seemingly.

I fully encourage voting for Raiders then for now. He said he will be home tonight before the lynch and so far he has contributed zero to helping us figure stuff out. No one can vouch for him and as far as I know, no one knows anything about him.

People are more than welcome to move off of him if they like what he says, but so far he hasn't been saying anything and just floating under the radar.

I am sure you can appreciate not lynching people only for being vocal, and instead encouraging people to participate with ideas and provide feedback since you always get upset at being targeted for being vocal.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #990
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, were you in any other districts last night?

Cronin, did you expect me to be in a different district last night? I'm trying to figure out what aspect of my information would be confusing you.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #991
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I fully encourage voting for Raiders then for now. He said he will be home tonight before the lynch and so far he has contributed zero to helping us figure stuff out. No one can vouch for him and as far as I know, no one knows anything about him.

People are more than welcome to move off of him if they like what he says, but so far he hasn't been saying anything and just floating under the radar.

I am sure you can appreciate not lynching people only for being vocal, and instead encouraging people to participate with ideas and provide feedback since you always get upset at being targeted for being vocal.

I do appreciate that, but trust me, RA is good. He has not been particularly helpful, but it would be a mistake to lynch him.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #992
Lorena
Unregistered

/ooc
My goodness, it's freaking cold outside! It was mildly sprinkling this morning when I dropped my kid off and I actually went outside in shorts. The sprinkling water felt like it was cutting through my skin and it's windy as hell right now. I drank some hot vanilla cappuccino with some ginger snaps sprinkled in and my soul feels renewed. Ahhh... felt soo good in my belly.

Back to the game:

Quote:
Hoops, I suspect that some of us have made bad assumptions about the game mechanics. I'm reevaluating some things in my mind right now. I'm not sure about Dodgerchick, for example.

I'm disappointed you feel I'm not trustworthy but I can see where you're coming from. The game seems a little unbalanced because, as Alan mentioned, we've been able to form a CoT fairly easily. I have several people in it (including you) but I find it hard to believe that THAT many people can be trusted. I've no doubt that some people in the vicinity of the crime scenes are baddies. I find it hard to believe that the killers escape without getting noticed, I'm sure they've been able to blend fairly easily with the rest of the villagers.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #993
st.cronin
General Manager

I am out for a while, will be back before lynch.

knives out
Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #994
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, if you are trusting Raiders then what direction do you think makes sense for our vote today? I've got a better feel for people I would prefer to avoid than people I should vote to lynch.

Swaggs? LSG? Do you distrust Alan now? Would love to talk through some scenarios ...
I do distrust alan now, swaggs and LSG are also not trusted...My trust list is public, and has not changed. If i had to vote right now, it would fall to Alan.

Ill be around for the next 4 hours, talk away
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #995
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do appreciate that, but trust me, RA is good. He has not been particularly helpful, but it would be a mistake to lynch him.

Where would you look for targets? Not necessarily to lynch but to push for more information? Right now you have your vote on me which I'm not sure what else I can provide information wise.

The two people we know the least about are Schmidty and Raiders. You are the single only person who is vouching for them both. (Even though you said you aren't vouching for Schmidty but just dont want to lynch him today).

the other person we know the least about is Mr.Wednesday but I personally think its a mistake to go after him. Perhaps for the same reasoning as you have for Schmidty and Raiders, I don't know though since I don't know your reasoning.

We can look at the only two pseudo vanilla roles with Blade and DaddyTorgo, but I'm not sure what else we will gain from pushing either of them. Blade said if we pushed him he would tell us his name but from the sounds of it, his name might lead us to lynch him even more than before. I doubt moving a vote to either of them unless we seriously just wanted to lynch them would be worthwhile.

Otherwise you have a group of three unvouched for vanilla people in Dubbs, Saldana and path all of three I have really good feelings about and doubt I would be that hot after...

or you have other assorted people..

I'm looking for options.. just right now you're the only one saying not to lynch Schmidty or RA and not saying why. What hoops said about schmidty makes me a feel a bit better about him for today but still Raiders is just who knows what.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #996
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I do distrust alan now, swaggs and LSG are also not trusted...My trust list is public, and has not changed. If i had to vote right now, it would fall to Alan.

Ill be around for the next 4 hours, talk away

I would love to hear your reasons this game for not trusting me Or is it only because of my questioning your previous statements? Do you have some dirt on me you would like to share?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #997
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, at what point do you show your hand? I'm worried about you reaching a point of increased attention from the wrong people tonight without revealing why you know what you know - that sort of thing tends to happen when you are the only person vouching for someone (or in this case, someones) in the game.

I'm pretty sure you were not in Bishopsgate last night looking for tail ...
Old 11-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #998
Lorena
Unregistered

BTW, did anyone hire an urchin last night? I don't remember this being mentioned today.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #999
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I would love to hear your reasons this game for not trusting me Or is it only because of my questioning your previous statements? Do you have some dirt on me you would like to share?

You have not gone to an opium den, you have not hired a prostitute, and have not hired an urchin. What exactly have you been doing with your time mr. alan?

As for yesterday, i also dont believe i heared who hired the urchin...anyone tell me if i missed that?
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #1000
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
You have not gone to an opium den, you have not hired a prostitute, and have not hired an urchin. What exactly have you been doing with your time mr. alan?

As for yesterday, i also dont believe i heared who hired the urchin...anyone tell me if i missed that?

I actually did go to the opium den, and if I remember right, I was the first one who talked about my opium den experience.

I have tried to hire an urchin, but failed on night 0. I have not tried since due to money issues. I got robbed on night 1 (the same night i went to the opium den), so money is tight with me. (all of which I had previously said).