Pro Starter

Raleigh -> Carolina Railhawks
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #952
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Uploaded it after making a few updates. You got your Tea Men. And if the Avengers can somehow get out of the 4th division, you'll see them. Their nickname? The Maytag Haters.
where do you install the zip to read the db? I try to start a new game, but don't get the option to select the US league, just "original" and "7.0.1".
Toddzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #953
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Oh okay gang. Load the db into the My Documents/Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager/db directory.

Then when you load the db, you load the Canadian league. It's based off the same template as Bea Arthur's db that replaced Belgium with Canada. The reason for it is, you can't use USA or else, all of those stupid MLS rules rear their ugly head.

The teams are all 'based' in the USA, they're just playing in a technically Canadian league.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #954
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Oh okay gang. Load the db into the My Documents/Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager/db directory.

Then when you load the db, you load the Canadian league. It's based off the same template as Bea Arthur's db that replaced Belgium with Canada. The reason for it is, you can't use USA or else, all of those stupid MLS rules rear their ugly head.

The teams are all 'based' in the USA, they're just playing in a technically Canadian league.
Canada isn't available as a country to select.

When you start a new game, the game asks you to choose a database. The options are "Original", "7.0.1" and "7.0.2". No matter which DB I choose, Canada is never a country I can select.

What am I missing?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #955
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here is my directory structure: C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007\db\Premier League of America

I unzipped the Premier League of America folder into the\db\ directory. If you do that and then go back to the main menu, that database ought to be an option and if it is, it should let you choose Canada. I'm using the same one I uploaded yesterday.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-10-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #956
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Got it working - needed to upgrade to 7.0.2 in order to recognize the db.

Thanks a bunch for you help AND the db!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #957
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Oh, also..if you're looking for Chivas USA, I hid them. They still exist. They're just not in any of the four divisions. I hate them and the idea of a minor league club in a US 'major' league. Just a bias of mine. Wasn't sure if anyone would miss them and I never designed the db for anyone else, so...that's part of why I didn't leave them.

I'm trying to settle on a team to start with now. It's actually pretty exciting. I've wanted a db like this for ages and finally have one now.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-10-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #958
MrBug708
Head Coach

The general thought around here is that them as a minor league team basically folded. They aren't going to move any foreign players over to the "main" squad
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #959
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Dark Cloud - Glad you are getting some use out of it.

If anyone is interested I created another Mod DB. It is Canadian League again. But this time I left the MLS still in the DB and the two Canadian Leagues act as a seperate North American Competition.

The new Canadian Premier and Canadian Elite League was done as a edit to the Slovakian leagues. The Premier League Rep is 12, Elite League is 9 versus a MLS Rep of 15 ( I edited) So far I prefer this over my original DB as it has a North American Lower League feel to it.

I will advise now that if anyone is interested they must sim forward 2-3 years as I did not go through the pain of adding players to lots of the rosters, also the slovak league has a foreinger rule, which I am sure a real canadian league would have. So the 2-3 years of the AI sorting out all the issues is easier then fixing all of this myself .
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #960
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

celebrated 1000 league games with my beloved Juventus side just now.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #961
BigDPW
College Prospect

Anyone else have trouble selling off unwanted players from their team? I pretty much always play as spurs and it seems I can never get a decent value for any of my players that I am trying to phase out of the team.

Guys that have some value on the transfer market IRL seem to never get any offers for them. When I list them or offer them out no one wants them even though they can be valuable to many teams out there and I often offer them out for big discounts over their market value just trying to generate funds for them.

For the players that are my top 2-5 players and that I would not take the moon for I always seem to get offers so I usually push their value up to 20-30 M pounds to see if anyone will bite (Defoe, Lennon, Berbatov)

Any advice on how to sell players more efficiently would be great. Seems I always list people or offer them out and just end up getting screwed by pissing them off and being stuck with an unhappy player in my squad.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #962
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Anyone else have trouble selling off unwanted players from their team? I pretty much always play as spurs and it seems I can never get a decent value for any of my players that I am trying to phase out of the team.

Guys that have some value on the transfer market IRL seem to never get any offers for them. When I list them or offer them out no one wants them even though they can be valuable to many teams out there and I often offer them out for big discounts over their market value just trying to generate funds for them.

For the players that are my top 2-5 players and that I would not take the moon for I always seem to get offers so I usually push their value up to 20-30 M pounds to see if anyone will bite (Defoe, Lennon, Berbatov)

Any advice on how to sell players more efficiently would be great. Seems I always list people or offer them out and just end up getting screwed by pissing them off and being stuck with an unhappy player in my squad.

loan them out, or play them in reserve fixtures or in limited first-team fixtures. They need to be seen to be attractive at anything close to market value.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #963
Blade6119
Coordinator

Yup, ive found it much easier to move players if they are active...not so much with the resevers, but moving a player on loan or giving him some first team time in meaningless games has always had the double bonus of increasing interest and their value.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #964
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Yup, ive found it much easier to move players if they are active...not so much with the resevers, but moving a player on loan or giving him some first team time in meaningless games has always had the double bonus of increasing interest and their value.

I havn't seen reserve-team action help that much, but definitely loan-time or time in the first-team
Old 07-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #965
Blade6119
Coordinator

lol, were saying the same thing but we keep trying to correct the other
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #966
Blade6119
Coordinator

Wow, i just about died playing the game....took over PSV as a "sunday player" and everyone thought i couldnt handle it(players and fans). So i stumble a bit at first, but get a few key loans in and turn things around. About mid-way through the season, we take over first and i get a message that says: "Mayes gets PSV firing." I was pissed, threw my water bottle, cursed SI, the works. Then i read it again for effect and realized it was talking about our offense that was kicking ass of late. Needless to say, i was embarrased and relieved.

Back to your lives now, sorry
Demotivation
Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #967
path12
Coordinator

That's funny.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #968
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

LOL!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #969
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone seen bad trades by the AI? I'm playing with Colorado in the MLS and NY wanted a player that I just took in the 3rd round of the superdraft, a decent looking striker who was nothing special. They offered a 1st round pick. I countered by asked for Josmer Altidore and to my shock they took it. In his first 3 games for me, he is kicking ass with 7 goals and 3 assists and he has turned my team around. His ratings look great before I got him too. The only reason I can figure that NY would make that trade is if they knew Altidore was about to draw a lot of international attention and was going to leave soon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #970
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

One thing I haven't figured out in 07: How do I praise a player to the media or is that option gone?
Old 07-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #971
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Dola -

One thing I haven't figured out in 07: How do I praise a player to the media or is that option gone?

Right click - Player Interaction. They need to have played in a minimum number of games in a row to be able to praise or criticize.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #972
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Henry.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #973
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Has anyone seen bad trades by the AI? I'm playing with Colorado in the MLS and NY wanted a player that I just took in the 3rd round of the superdraft, a decent looking striker who was nothing special. They offered a 1st round pick. I countered by asked for Josmer Altidore and to my shock they took it. In his first 3 games for me, he is kicking ass with 7 goals and 3 assists and he has turned my team around. His ratings look great before I got him too. The only reason I can figure that NY would make that trade is if they knew Altidore was about to draw a lot of international attention and was going to leave soon.

You could ask your scout to have a look at the player you just traded to New York, see if your scout sees some good potential about the guy that you were missing?
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #974
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Do media predicition of players come true?

Like I'm currently managing Aston Villa and I have a middie who is labeled as "The next Steven Gerrard" and a defender labeled "The next John Terry". Is there a chance these players meet those expectations or is there no chance of that happening?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #975
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Do media predicition of players come true?

Like I'm currently managing Aston Villa and I have a middie who is labeled as "The next Steven Gerrard" and a defender labeled "The next John Terry". Is there a chance these players meet those expectations or is there no chance of that happening?

They can come true - but sometimes they don't, promising youngsters can sometimes get injured and never reach their potential (or indeed can simply not develop as far as expected) ... time will tell.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #976
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
You could ask your scout to have a look at the player you just traded to New York, see if your scout sees some good potential about the guy that you were missing?

I did and all 3 of my scouts bash the guy even worse than I thought they would. They say I should sign him as a last resort and he is far behind Altidore in current ability and potential. He is playing on NY's reserve squad and hasn't seen any 1st team action in the first 6 games since I sent him there.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #977
Scholes
High School Varsity

I wish there was a way to communicate a little more clearly with my players... I have a 19 year old stallion at center mid that is currently unhappy with me because he isn't seeing action in enough important matches. Cesc Fabregas is currently ahead of him in the pecking order, and obviously he's a little better. I just want to say hold on for the rest of the season, and I'll give you the shot next year, but I can't. I don't want to loan him out either, because he still is playing every third game + cup games and such, and I don't trust other teams to handle him.
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #978
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Forgive me if this has been asked months ago, but I am going mad trying to figure this out.

Why can't I see the player's attributes listed as numbers in the player profile page? It is only showing me the colored bars. Now if I pull out of that page to look at the roster pages, I can check out Physical/Mental/Technical/etc. and the numbers show up. But not on the player profile page. WTF?

Am I missing something completely obvious here? I have looked at Options and Preferences and all sorts of screens, and tried different things but I can't get the numbers to show in the player profile page. So what obvious thing am I missing here, because I can't fathom SI would design it this way.

I am using the default skin right now, BTW (Flexion), that comes with the game.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #979
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh sonofa...

...as I suspected I am a dumb arse. Never mind.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #980
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholes View Post
I wish there was a way to communicate a little more clearly with my players... I have a 19 year old stallion at center mid that is currently unhappy with me because he isn't seeing action in enough important matches. Cesc Fabregas is currently ahead of him in the pecking order, and obviously he's a little better. I just want to say hold on for the rest of the season, and I'll give you the shot next year, but I can't. I don't want to loan him out either, because he still is playing every third game + cup games and such, and I don't trust other teams to handle him.

yeah. There really needs to be a communication option like "we value you as a future first-team player, but this year concentrate on getting experience and settling in."
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #981
Blade6119
Coordinator

Is their any way, if my buddy and i are running a network game(hes manchester united, and im a team in belgium) to set it up so that he is my parent club?
Demotivation
Old 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #982
Flasch186
Coordinator

Exciting times.

2014- just won the World Cup with England defeating France...First time ever doing that.

Notice one thing that is ridiculously stupid...Jose Mourinho takes the job as Portugal's head coach but I also notice that he is the Physio for Linares. WHAT!!?? does his son play for the team? That is so unrealistic that I venture to guess that I truly didnt win the World Cup but the bizarro world FM is in got all screwy.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #983
Scholes
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Is their any way, if my buddy and i are running a network game(hes manchester united, and im a team in belgium) to set it up so that he is my parent club?

Once the game is started, I don't think so, unless you got really lucky with the teams the board picks, but I know you can change feeder clubs in the pre-game editor. Not sure how it applies to network games though.
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #984
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What do you feel are the best add-ons for this, I am reinstalling to play while I am travelling...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #985
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So, I'm redoing my American Leagues a bit. I wonder where I should put teams. I don't really like the names of real life teams..so I doubt I'll use too many of them. I'm mostly focused on the lower divisions, so...if you have suggestions, please throw them out there.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-06-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #986
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Has anyone seen a keeper sent off for handling a backpass from a teammate? I could have sworn I saw an instance of this last night when I was playing. Based on the commentary, the defender clearly passed (with feet) the ball back to the keeper who picked it up. No foul, no card, etc....

Tell me I'm just imagining things....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #987
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Has anyone seen a keeper sent off for handling a backpass from a teammate? I could have sworn I saw an instance of this last night when I was playing. Based on the commentary, the defender clearly passed (with feet) the ball back to the keeper who picked it up. No foul, no card, etc....

Tell me I'm just imagining things....

The keeper is allowed to handle a backpass in certain situations. Even if he's not allowed it's not a card-able offense ... indirect free kick at worst. Not sure if the game handles it right or not.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #988
MrBug708
Head Coach

I imagine if the kick is poor enough and heading towards the goal and the goalie touches it with his hands, it could be a red card...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #989
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Just beat Colombia in the 2014 WC Semi-Finals, as the US of A. Now I get to play Italy who won it again in 2010 for the title.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-08-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #990
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1-0, USA. Man, it wasn't pretty. But a W is a W I guess.

2nd rd: 1-1 (5-4) over France
QF: 2-1 Germany
SF: 1-0 Colombia
Old 08-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #991
Blade6119
Coordinator

Nice, Sven Goran just got appointed head coach of manchester city in my game...in mid 2007. Thats pretty damn realistic
Demotivation
Old 08-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #992
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm so pissed at this game right now. I can't make a damn thing work tactically. I have done my own things, I have tried the tactics with the game, I have devised tactics from wwfan's theories at SIGames, I have dl'd tactics based on his theories, I have tried the Minimal Fuss tactic that is popular there. I have tried having all athletic teams, all decision-quality teams. I have tried being nice with them. I have tried yelling at them.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this team going (Hereford League 2), and I am about ready to toss the whole damn thing in the recycle bin.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #993
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm so pissed at this game right now. I can't make a damn thing work tactically. I have done my own things, I have tried the tactics with the game, I have devised tactics from wwfan's theories at SIGames, I have dl'd tactics based on his theories, I have tried the Minimal Fuss tactic that is popular there. I have tried having all athletic teams, all decision-quality teams. I have tried being nice with them. I have tried yelling at them.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this team going (Hereford League 2), and I am about ready to toss the whole damn thing in the recycle bin.

mayhaps we can be of help. What "type" of players would you say you have right now...in general, in midfield and up-top? do you have a playmaking midfielder? Are either of your strikers markedly better at one thing or another?

A team at that level you're likely looking either at long-ball or at direct-passing, unless you have come upon some singular talents who can dictate the game. Perhaps a slow tempo so they don't have to make decisions too quickly?

and you have to give the tactic time to settle in too, you can't go changing it up every match.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #994
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
mayhaps we can be of help. What "type" of players would you say you have right now...in general, in midfield and up-top? do you have a playmaking midfielder? Are either of your strikers markedly better at one thing or another?

A team at that level you're likely looking either at long-ball or at direct-passing, unless you have come upon some singular talents who can dictate the game. Perhaps a slow tempo so they don't have to make decisions too quickly?

and you have to give the tactic time to settle in too, you can't go changing it up every match.

Oh, I know. I generally give the tactics time. But when I get ten games in, and I'm not seeing any improvement in play...

I was having decent early success with wwfan's tactic, but even then it was a little skittish. I had to click off the Offside because my defenders aren't smart enough to play that. Too many times it comes down to long runs to my goal, trying to catch their guy who managed to run onto a through ball.

I switched from wwfan's tactic to Minimal Fuss when I went on a seven game winless streak in November. I stuck with that for most of December and January, but I continue to have enormous issues scoring. I don't often give up a lot of goals, either, which is good, but watching my defenders continue to scramble to catch attackers on the run, and seeing my goalkeeper continually fighting off close chances (and me always losing the shot differential), makes me think I am more lucky than good defensively. And on offense, you get one goal on me, and it's likely I'm done.

As will happen with lower league sides, there are no perfect players here. I have a round of veteran players I brought in to what had been a way too young side, but they have been very hit and miss. They are probably the best technical decision makers on my team, but they are all slow and old, and never seem to make a real impact. I have some decently fast wingers, and when I get something going, usually they're involved. But they give up possession way too easily and make stupid passes. I have one actual targetman, but the flaming git hasn't met a net he can full on miss from two feet away. I have given up on him. He doesn't win enough in the air to make it worth my while, nor does he make good decisions once he has the ball. I have one really fast striker who is my leading goal scorer, but he has been cold as hell for two to three months now after doing well early. I have an Indian striker I brought in who has been good in spots, but he hasn't really been the answer either.

For me, what really sets me off is the decision-making. Not going to a ball int he open that you're much closer to when an opponent is making a run for it. Passing it out of bounds from under no pressure when you have a player down the field who is open. Dallying on the ball in the midfield and giving up possession too easily. Not getting the ball from the other team fast enough.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #995
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So I scheduled a friendly with an all-gray player lower, lower league squad to get my team a positive results. We dominant the ball play--and we're losing 2-0 at the half on a breakwaya and a penalty?!?

We came back to win 3-2 in the second half, but you have to be shittin' me.

The comeback did help, though. Most of my players are back to Good or better in Morale.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #996
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

For me, what really sets me off is the decision-making. Not going to a ball int he open that you're much closer to when an opponent is making a run for it. Passing it out of bounds from under no pressure when you have a player down the field who is open. Dallying on the ball in the midfield and giving up possession too easily. Not getting the ball from the other team fast enough.

Yeah, that bugs me. More often than not, you can see the AI react - on a ball, he'll pass and start running and only then realize that it wasn't completed. It drives me nuts to see my team have free-kicks, and the only action is to attempt a short pass which is then intercepted. You see the AI breaking one direction, and then recognizing that the ball is going the other way.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #997
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

First off don't try and use any really convoluted tactics while your players aren't too skillful - there area lot of 'unbeatable' tactics available for download on the internet which I'm sure are fantastic if you have a team of world class players ..... but which fall apart rapidly when used with a bunch of ex-brick layers lumping the ball about.

If you're struggling in the lower leagues then try and keep things solid, even partially defensive (4132 is my preferred 'stubborn' formation, the DMC gives the defense a lot of cover) and ensure you have some old hands on board with decent influence to keep the ship steady (a lot of humans love bringing through young talent but forget they need advice and reassurance from experienced players when the going gets tough).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #998
Jon
High School Varsity

One quick question: what type of league setup do you guys use? I can play 34 leagues in eight countries, but it does go a bit slower. But I was wondering what others use: how many Europe, South America, North America, etc.
Thanks.

Last edited by Jon : 08-23-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #999
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
One quick question: what type of league setup do you guys use? I can play 34 leagues in eight countries, but it does go a bit slower. But I was wondering what others use: how many Europe, South America, North America, etc.
Thanks.

My current game has England through the conferences, Germany, France, Italy and Spain through 2nd division, Scotland, Holland, Denmark, Portugal, Norway and Sweden top division. The only ones that I have as playable are England through conferences, Germany, France and Spain.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #1000
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

I just took over spurs after being offered the job and maybe it affects them more than other teams because I've never had as much of a problem offloading players anywhere else in this version. That said, you can probably mutually release anyone decent which will at least save you a few million in wages.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote