Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #951
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

DT add a picture of you and your dog to your profile. Women love dogs.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #952
Comey
College Starter

So I ended the year on the best date I've had in 2012. It was nothing special; Kristy and I decided to dress up a little bit (we ended up, unwittingly, both wearing jeans and a jacket...I went for the hipster college professor look she loves), went to dinner, then shot pool at our home bar (where we had our first date...if anyone here knows the CT shoreline and Mystic in particular, we were at John's Pub; it's the one place around here that is free of any and all pretentiousness). Then we spent the night at my place (actually, she's asleep as I write this...she has to work tonight, so I decided I would give her some space to sleep).

I think back to the failed relationship, and the nonstarters I had over the summer, and think...this was the best possible way for the year to end. I still don't know where the future will go (she is committed to traveling abroad next year; I fully support this, despite knowing what it could and likely would mean)...but it's been a good year. And it will be a good start to 2013, at least.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #953
PilotMan
Head Coach

Man that's good to hear. I fully believe that even if things don't go the way you plan for them that there are things that you learn that you need for the future. Happy to hear all your good news Comey.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #954
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
DT add a picture of you and your dog to your profile. Women love dogs.

You're right - I should put me and the puppies in there.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #955
SkippyDies
n00b

Only thing better than dogs is pictures of you actually doing stuff and in different settings. Four of the same shot from your mom's couch isn't going to get it done.
SkippyDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #956
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyDies View Post
Only thing better than dogs is pictures of you actually doing stuff and in different settings. Four of the same shot from your mom's couch isn't going to get it done.

I had varied shots in different settings - dressy/casual/outside/inside. I'll make sure to work on that even more though in the next go-round once my sister rewrites my profile.

I screwed up in November and didn't message enough people so I'm not getting the six months free...oh well.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #957
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

They have a quota? wtf...

I screwed up before & let someone "touch up" a profile I had. This was an intern at my job who people said had a crush on me. She wrote me out to be a child molester. Not in a roundabout way either. Blatant and out there. I was not amused. She said women like humor.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #958
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
They have a quota? wtf...

I screwed up before & let someone "touch up" a profile I had. This was an intern at my job who people said had a crush on me. She wrote me out to be a child molester. Not in a roundabout way either. Blatant and out there. I was not amused. She said women like humor.

Yeah...and I kinda suspected I was falling short of it in November, but with the holiday and stuff I just never got around to it (plus I was feeling pretty down on the lack of success with it at that point).

Yikes...that is NOT amusing at all.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #959
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Is comey ted from how I met your mother?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #960
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
Is comey ted from how I met your mother?

That joke was made two or three pages ago already.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #961
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Bummer
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #962
Comey
College Starter

I'd say good effort, Mau...but no, not really.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #963
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah...and I kinda suspected I was falling short of it in November, but with the holiday and stuff I just never got around to it (plus I was feeling pretty down on the lack of success with it at that point).

Yikes...that is NOT amusing at all.

Ok, here's what you do...

1. Buy some flannel shirts
2. Buy an ax
3. Buy a work belt and a hard hat
4. Take a bunch of pictures wearing the work belt and hard hart with the flannel shirt tied around your waste, holding the ax like a baseball player on deck.

Women don't dig koala bears. You need to get a picture of you wrestling an alligator (without the flannel shirt) or riding on the back of a tiger, wearing a cowboy hat.

Chicks dig pictures like that....or maybe it's gay guys. I can't really remember to be honest. I was doing research but was drunk at the time, so YMMV.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #964
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
4. Take a bunch of pictures wearing the work belt and hard hart with the flannel shirt tied around your waste, holding the ax like a baseball player on deck.

This sounds like a really twisted version of Gallagher.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #965
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
This sounds like a really twisted version of Gallagher.

A hard hart almost did Gallagher in. DT could tell jokes in between each swing of the ax.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #966
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, here's what you do...

1. Buy some flannel shirts
2. Buy an ax
3. Buy a work belt and a hard hat

Women don't dig koala bears. You need to get a picture of you wrestling an alligator (without the flannel shirt) or riding on the back of a tiger, wearing a cowboy hat.

Chicks dig pictures like that....or maybe it's gay guys. I can't really remember to be honest. I was doing research but was drunk at the time, so YMMV.

Going to those websites is not "research". How drunk were you?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #967
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Going to those websites is not "research". How drunk were you?

SI

I'm just going off what my web browser history had in it. I have to assume that it was 'research'.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #968
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post

What I thought was important when I first got out there ended up being quite different from what I would say today. Strangely, I became more hung up on looks than I was at first. I still feel honesty and integrity are the most important qualities, but every woman out there thinks she is honest and has integrity. Words are easy. To me, the most important questions relate to how you see your lifestyle moving forward.

Just doing some random browsing of the guys across demographic information (location, age, education, ect.)-to see what the women are seeing-and I must say, I feel bad for the women who seem like they are putting in a humble effort of finding something more a serious level.

Also, how do you define "companionship?" Saw it on a "looking for thing" om a female's profile, and I know it could be taken in a few ways.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-12-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #969
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyDies View Post

And the basement...
Old 01-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #970
Galaxy
Coordinator

Interesting article:

The End of Courtship? - NYTimes.com
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #971
britrock88
Pro Starter

I would be more than happy to court the right girl, whenever I stumble into her.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #972
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

More like an offensive article, painting men generally as horny Neanderthals. Newsflash: There have, and will always be, "asshole" men existing regardless of technology and Groupon.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #973
Logan
Head Coach

I'm reasonably confident that I know the girl Lindsay that is discussed in that article.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #974
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah - my sisters offered to help me write my profile - maybe I should take them up on that.

I dunno - I think the pic of me with the koala has got to make the right girl go "awww" someday. But yeah, some of the others could use changing up.

I usually read this thread to vicariously enjoy single people activities (and Comey's romantic comedy), but I had to reply to this.

A picture with a koala? If you are getting zero replies then you are the problem, not the woman ignoring your emails.

Knowing really nothing about you except that you have an irrational passion for the patriots which should play in your favor in Boston, the easiest way to meet attractive women is to take up an activity that attractive women like to do and emphasize that. Assuming you don't like going to the club...

So take up up skiing, mountain biking, tennis, golf, speed boat racing, being rich, etc., and emphasize the hell out of it.

Also - people form a lasting opinion completely based on your picture and validate that opinion through communication. So get a picture up there of you having fun speed boating in a really good light.
Sincerely, random guy on the internet

Last edited by Desnudo : 01-14-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #975
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
More like an offensive article, painting men generally as horny Neanderthals. Newsflash: There have, and will always be, "asshole" men existing regardless of technology and Groupon.

It seems like the New York Times has to post a similar version of this "Sex and the City: Men-Suck-And-Being-A-Powerful-Single-Woman-Is-Sooo-Hard" article about once a month. I don't read the Times and only check out this thread in passing, yet I've seen it quite a few times.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-14-2013 at 09:20 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #976
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I usually read this thread to vicariously enjoy single people activities (and Comey's romantic comedy), but I had to reply to this.

A picture with a koala? If you are getting zero replies then you are the problem, not the woman ignoring your emails.

Knowing really nothing about you except that you have an irrational passion for the patriots which should play in your favor in Boston, the easiest way to meet attractive women is to take up an activity that attractive women like to do and emphasize that. Assuming you don't like going to the club...

So take up up skiing, mountain biking, tennis, golf, speed boat racing, being rich, etc., and emphasize the hell out of it.

Also - people form a lasting opinion completely based on your picture and validate that opinion through communication. So get a picture up there of you having fun speed boating in a really good light.
Sincerely, random guy on the internet

Not a fan of a male pics with animals?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #977
Desnudo
Coordinator

I love manimals
Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #978
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I love manimals

Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #979
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Not a fan of a male pics with animals?

No I think his point was that that's a good pic. To be clear - it's also not the ONLY pic of me up there. I have a couple of me "dressier" and a couple of me more casual.

A couple of me in Italy, and at least one of Peru.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #980
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
No I think his point was that that's a good pic. To be clear - it's also not the ONLY pic of me up there. I have a couple of me "dressier" and a couple of me more casual.

A couple of me in Italy, and at least one of Peru.

Yeah but when girls are looking at your profile with their friends you will be known as " the koala guy". May not be the best label.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #981
PilotMan
Head Coach

I would think that girls would want to see someone who is having fun, fun to be around, who is confident enough to show their personality in their pics. Just from the sounds of it, you need some more variety.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #982
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Yeah but when girls are looking at your profile with their friends you will be known as " the koala guy". May not be the best label.

Fair enough
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #983
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I would think that girls would want to see someone who is having fun, fun to be around, who is confident enough to show their personality in their pics. Just from the sounds of it, you need some more variety.

Yeah - I probably do.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #984
cuervo72
Head Coach

Maybe a lemur, or a spider monkey.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #985
Critch
lolzcat

Koalas are riddled with Chlamydia, maybe that's putting the chicks off.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #986
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Maybe a lemur, or a spider monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

Lol
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #987
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

LOL

Honestly I wonder if it isn't a negative that I look really young these days too. I mean...people meet me and they think i'm like 10 years younger than I actually am. So maybe that leads to me coming off visually as immature? But I'm probably overthinking that.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #988
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I saw a profile yesterday for a woman that has to be 350-400 lbs.

Her headline:

looking for a person who have teeth. lol

If I were her, I would avoid references to eating at all cost.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #989
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I saw a profile yesterday for a woman that has to be 350-400 lbs.

Her headline:

looking for a person who have teeth. lol

If I were her, I would avoid references to eating at all cost.

Maybe she's into mutual mastication?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #990
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe she's into mutual mastication?

Whaddaya mean there's no rimshot smiley, forum???
Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #991
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this. Curious what you guys would do. Good friend went out with a guy she met online last night. I guess it went well, they stayed out late, whatever. No sex or anything like that. Well we are having a small gathering of about 7 of us tomorrow for the game at my house and she asked if she could invite him. What says you.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #992
britrock88
Pro Starter

A Super Bowl party seems like a fairly casual type of thing to bring a guy who you're seeing for the 2nd time -- see how he acts around friends of yours. Though I wonder what he is or isn't doing for the game. (Says the guy with no cable and most friends in a new city out of town for the weekend...)
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #993
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I probably wasn't clear. I couldn't care less about the dating part. Do you let some guy your friend just met online come to your house, know where you live, etc.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #994
Izulde
Head Coach

I would say no, but I'm personally protective of my space.

Logically, it's not a big deal.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #995
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I probably wasn't clear. I couldn't care less about the dating part. Do you let some guy your friend just met online come to your house, know where you live, etc.

Unless your friend has a history of really terrible judgement I would personally be ok with it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #996
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
LOL

Honestly I wonder if it isn't a negative that I look really young these days too. I mean...people meet me and they think i'm like 10 years younger than I actually am. So maybe that leads to me coming off visually as immature? But I'm probably overthinking that.

Yes, that's it. For fucks sake man, pick an activity and run with it.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #997
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

No worse meeting online than someone you met at the bar or something.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #998
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
No worse meeting online than someone you met at the bar or something.

And this was the dialogue my wife and I had.

My feeling on it was if you meet someone out at a bar, etc... it is more of a chance encounter while the internet has a much more predatory likelihood. Now I realize the odds of this guy being a non threat are 99.99999% but there is still a stigma there for me.

I said no. just not willing to take that risk no matter how small. My friend understood. I'm just not comfortable enough with that sort of thing.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #999
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this. Curious what you guys would do. Good friend went out with a guy she met online last night. I guess it went well, they stayed out late, whatever. No sex or anything like that. Well we are having a small gathering of about 7 of us tomorrow for the game at my house and she asked if she could invite him. What says you.

Sounds like you already made your decision, but I would think it depends on how much you trust your friend's judgment. I think you do run the risk of hurting her feelings by telling her not to bring him because it implies you don't trust her judgment, at a minimum.

Also, if the friend and online guy really hit it off, then you'll never hear the end of how you banned him from your Super Bowl party.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #1000
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Sounds like you already made your decision, but I would think it depends on how much you trust your friend's judgment. I think you do run the risk of hurting her feelings by telling her not to bring him because it implies you don't trust her judgment, at a minimum.

Also, if the friend and online guy really hit it off, then you'll never hear the end of how you banned him from your Super Bowl party.

TBH she doesn't have the best judgement. Divorced once, next guy she dated was a scumbag.

I thought about the what if they hit it off thing, I would hope someone would understand my position and be forgiving of it.