SilverSurfer
Mascot

GO ON GALACTUS MISSION

Who joins me then?
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #953
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

If it is true that no one has committed to a Galactus mission, why not? Are those who were nominated for it simply absent so far, or do they have other priorities? Can we get a listing of who has committed to missions so far?
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #954
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

It seems Doom has spoken too quickly. Very well.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #955
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I hear much talk of teams, and little talk of how we will root out the traitors. Teams it seems could be useful, but are they useful enough to dominate our time? The mission list posted seems to make sense, so unless people can suggest that they are better used elsewhere, let us follow it.

In the meantime, who shall we target with our attacks today? Who is the most suspect amongst us. Silver Samurai has drawn Doom's attention with his last minute attack on the Human Torch yesterday, and his flippant comments about allegiance to Apocalypse. Prelate Mimic, your vague plans to destroy Galactus are worrisome, but Doom hopes you are merely keeping your cards hidden to avoid being sabotaged.

Who else do people suspect? Or are most waiting for the results of these missions?

I am keeping my cards hidden at this point. I also believe you could do well joining the Brotherhood of Mutants as we could use your sorcery as well as intellect. What say you?
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #956
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
No one has commited to a mission to combat Galactus today, for whatever reason. I am rested enough to undertake a mission today, so I will do so.

JOIN SENTINEL MISSION

Maybe others have thoughts similar to mine -- let the rebels deal with it? Who wins if Galactus eats the planet? Both groups are supposed to avoid it, but who is it worse for if it happens anyway?

I can help either mission (despite not going on it), but I'll likely do what I can to assist those going on the Sentinel Mission. And the more people (besides me) that go on it, the more I can do to help.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #957
hoopsguy
General Manager

Current counts for Mission + Galactus:

Mission:
SilverSamurai on Mission (Post #731)
Cable on Mission (Post #785)
Vision on Mission (Post #792)
HenryPym on Mission (Post #795)

Nightcrawler on Mission (Post #910)
Beast on Mission (Post #917)
Firebird on Mission (Post #921)
Quicksilver on Mission (Post #925)
Magneto on Mission (Post #943)

Galactus:
Hulk on Galactus (Post #937)
HumanTorch on Galactus (Post #951)
SilverSurfer on Galactus (Post #952)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #958
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Win Conditions:
Minority ("Good"): Easy way: Overthrow the tyrant (ie - kill Apocalypse), plus assume majority of seats on ruling council. Hard way: kill Apocalypse and every one of his followers. Either one will do. Oh, and don't let Galactus eat the planet.
Majority ("Evil"): Squash the rebellion - eliminate all good/minority. Don't let Galactus eat the planet.
Others (what? there are others?): ???

Seems like both Apocalypse and the Rebels lose if Galactus eats the planet. Maybe one or more of the "others" win if that happens.

Still, I'd like to see more of us go on the Sentinel Mission today, then if we feel it's needed, we can focus on Galactus tomorrow. I don't mind putting some trust in Mimic that he can take care of him -- I can't see lying about a claim like that. I'll throw my support behind him to take care of Galactus tomorrow, but would like to focus on the Sentinel Mission today.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #959
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Maybe others have thoughts similar to mine -- let the rebels deal with it? Who wins if Galactus eats the planet? Both groups are supposed to avoid it, but who is it worse for if it happens anyway?

I can help either mission (despite not going on it), but I'll likely do what I can to assist those going on the Sentinel Mission. And the more people (besides me) that go on it, the more I can do to help.

This is my line of thought exactly. If raw numbers assist you then I shall be happy to join the fight against the Sentinels - presuming that there will be rebel interference my powers may be of use. I shall consider my options.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #960
EmmaFrost
Mascot

If there are 9 people on the mission then maybe that's all that is required, although there could be a couple of traitors in the midst who could be working to undermine the task.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #961
Aardwolf
n00b

go on Sentinal Mission
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #962
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post

So I must ask Colossus, if these attacks are mere training exercises for us to maintain our edge, why was his attack on the Human Torch so strong and vicious?

I offered up but one point of energy--and the Human Torch took 7 points of damage? That is what you call a Standard Attack, oh armored one?

I apologize for my lateness in arriving. I put but a single ep into my blow upon the Torch. I'm sorry if Johnny is so...fragile.... In the future I will try and weigh in the tenderness of each person before I post whom I am attacking.

*OOC : there is a LARGE multiplier on my attacks, fair warning.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
GO ON GALACTUS MISSION

Who joins me then?

I will put my strength with that of the mighty Hulk to slow down the World Eater's progress.

JOIN GALACTUS MISSION
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #963
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think 9 should be enough, assuming some lend more than 1 energy. I worry now about the Galacticus mission, and providing ample energy for defense there.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #964
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
go on Sentinal Mission
I see no reason to think you would be of help with that mission. Perhaps you could help with Galactacus instead?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #965
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

First Prelate:

I am at your disposal for whichever mission you so choose. I am currently dedicated to the Senitnel mission.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #966
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
This is a very interesting assertion, Wanda. I had wondered why you seemed reluctant to join the mutant mission yesterday. With your probabiity-altering powers, I'd have thought you well suited for virtually any mission, but I trust your judgement in this matter.

It's taking me a while to fully understand my powers -- my desire to live a normal life feels like it is being taken from me, and while I'm trying to stay uninterested in all these goings-on, it's becoming more apparent that I'll be needed in this matter somehow. If I had known you wanted me to go on the mission in time yesterday, I probably would have gone. But in retrospect, I'm coming to realize that I can do more to help the missions without actually going on them.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #967
Colossus
n00b

Nicely blown there BK.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #968
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
If there are 9 people on the mission then maybe that's all that is required, although there could be a couple of traitors in the midst who could be working to undermine the task.

Keep in mind, though, that it's probably energy that's important, not people.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #969
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
I apologize for my lateness in arriving. I put but a single ep into my blow upon the Torch. I'm sorry if Johnny is so...fragile.... In the future I will try and weigh in the tenderness of each person before I post whom I am attacking.

*OOC : there is a LARGE multiplier on my attacks, fair warning.*

Do you have any insight to offer into why you suffered damage?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #970
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Nicely blown there BK.
Indeed. It's what I get for having multiple browsers open to FOFC at once, while at work, and not feeling well. Now that my identity is blown, I can safely reveal that with Yom Kippur starting tonight my involvement will be erratic.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #971
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I see no reason to think you would be of help with that mission. Perhaps you could help with Galactacus instead?

I see even less reason to see that he could help against Galactus.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #972
Gambit.
n00b

I got'd to be

JOININ THE SENTINEL MISSION

today. I be helpin anyway I can.
Gambit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #973
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Keep in mind, though, that it's probably energy that's important, not people.

Agreed, I put 4 energy into my Galactus mission yesterday and that seemed to make a difference (combined with my being reasonably well-suited for it)
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #974
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I am keeping my cards hidden at this point. I also believe you could do well joining the Brotherhood of Mutants as we could use your sorcery as well as intellect. What say you?

I can assist in any task whether I join a team or not. I must say, Doom is wary of these teams as it seems quite a bit of emphasis is being placed on them, quite a bit of shuffling and politicking. I worry what is going on behind the scenes to create so much interest in this. It seems to matter who is on what team, as long as some people team up and gain bonuses to their success.

I will aid on whatever mission tomorrow, and depending which mission I join I may join a team to multiply my effect. But for now Doom watches.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #975
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I really and truly appreciate BK and Alan T much, much more than I ever did before.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #976
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Do you have any insight to offer into why you suffered damage?

As I was not informed of being injured on the mission, I must assume that the little hot-head scorched me a bit when I struck him. His name IS Human "Torch" and I AM made of Metal.

Again I apologize. I am irritated at the suspicion put upon me for, well, being me.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #977
Gambit.
n00b

I misspoke and meant:

UNJOIN SENTINEL MISSION
JOIN GALACTUS MISSION
Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #978
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I am also concerned that Henry Pym, Mr Fantastic and Beast are all being denied the opportunity to assist where, I suspect, they are best suited - in the laboratory. Having said that I think, at this stage, we need to accept that the individual knows best where their talents are suited. If Scarlet Witch deems that she will be of little use on the mission then we have little option but to accept her word for it. So if the others feel they are best suited to mission-work then that is fine, I just don't feel pressure should be applied to them to do so.

Emma, I share this view, that these individuals must have time to so their research. I believe it was Dr. Pym who mentioned the possibility of he and Reed alternating days on the Galactus mission, so that they could each have time to do just that. This is why I designated both for that task.

However, I do definitely feel that each of us should do what he or she feels is best for the team as a whole at this time. Hence I fully support Henry Pym's decision to attend to the Sentinels today.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #979
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I can assist in any task whether I join a team or not. I must say, Doom is wary of these teams as it seems quite a bit of emphasis is being placed on them, quite a bit of shuffling and politicking. I worry what is going on behind the scenes to create so much interest in this. It seems to matter who is on what team, as long as some people team up and gain bonuses to their success.

I will aid on whatever mission tomorrow, and depending which mission I join I may join a team to multiply my effect. But for now Doom watches.

There are certain benefits which may not be apparent to you at this point. I ask that you accept the offer until after the missions are over to see how it goes.

INVITE DR. DOOM TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #980
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Agreed, I put 4 energy into my Galactus mission yesterday and that seemed to make a difference (combined with my being reasonably well-suited for it)

Good to know. Also, the post I've quoted has a mistake -- I should have said the more energy used, the more I can do to help, instead of saying the more people that go, the more I can do.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #981
JeanGrey
Mascot

For the record, I do NOT support Dr. Doom in brotherhood of mutants at this time. I worry about our size.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #982
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Again time is against me, I am forced to make a choice.

Attack Silver Samurai

He was, perhaps, too eager to associate with my initial plan of mutual attacks without any discussion and did not provide any reason for attacking the Human Torch. He was also quick to highlight Colossus as a viable target of attack today.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #983
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I really and truly appreciate BK and Alan T much, much more than I ever did before.

You guys should join the "disclosed superheroes" team!

Also, FWIW, I wasn't able to figure out any identities from the posts -- it took someone else saying it outright for me to get it. Do you guys just figure it out from knowing the characters or am I just a moran?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #984
Gambit.
n00b

[ooc] I will be unavailable until late tonight so... [ooc]

STANDARD ATTACK AGAINST HULK

The big green man remind me of da alligators down in da bayou...
Old 10-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #985
ProfessorX
Mascot

I still can't figure out who BK is *shrug*
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #986
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I agree with what you are saying. It's why I was reluctant, very reluctant, to join the Prelate Super team. However, do you actually trust anyone or even think well of somebody? It seems everything you say is tearing down another.

I have failed to communicate successfully if this is the impression I'm engendering.

I have, by turns, looked upon Magneto, Emma Frost, Silver Surfer, Professor X, Mr. Fantastic, Kang, and the Scarlet Witch as potentially moving up the trust scale, ever so slightly.

On the other hand, of those, I have taken exception to certain things that Emma, the Professor, and Kang have said.

The situation as I see it at this time is that it is easier to fall out of favor than to gain favor in these early stages.

My "suspect" list is much longer, but I'll hold it close to the vest for now, because there is a paucity of evidence either way.

Jean, my aim in most of these dialogues is to interject other viewpoints, to help us (in particular myself) try to examine the motivation of each speaker.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #987
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Your comment intrigues me Prelate Mimic, but I do wonder why the secrecy. You have no way to knowing which of us is a traitor, so how does it benefit to keep the benefits of teamwork a secret? Doom knows well the marks of a nefarious plan and I fear one here. I also would not join knowing that Ms. Grey does not wish it.

Doom is open to joining if I can be convinced. Any team would benefit from the might of Doom.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #988
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I am suspect of this Gambit's sudden joining of a mission, changing missions and then attacking the Hulk randomly, particularly after having performed so poorly against Galactus yesterday.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #989
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Dr. Doom, I know you've got plenty of offers, I'm sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. could benefit from your talents greatly. It's Nick Fury, Spidey, and myself as of now. As I said before, I would like to grow the group so we can get both size benefits and longevity benefits.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #990
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post

I caught that one, but I missed Alan's.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #991
Colossus
n00b

*OOC i swear to god if I didn't know hoops was running this game I'd label Von Doom as hoopsguy. Talk about nailing a playing style....*
Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #992
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] i'm sure it'll be forgotten by most everyone anyways [/ooc]
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #993
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
*OOC i swear to god if I didn't know hoops was running this game I'd label Von Doom as hoopsguy. Talk about nailing a playing style....*

I kinda thought about inserting a character and playing along But, in the end, I did not disrespect the game like that.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #994
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Addressing the esteemed visitor Barkeep49, I disagree, and would imagine Aardwolf to be much more suited to Earth-based operations.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #995
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I kinda thought about inserting a character and playing along But, in the end, I did not disrespect the game like that.

You were right earlier. Playing Uatu was the way for you to go.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #996
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
First Prelate:

I am at your disposal for whichever mission you so choose. I am currently dedicated to the Senitnel mission.

I leave this to your judgement. Did you refer earlier to being more useful not going on a mission or is that someone else?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #997
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post

(ooc) me either (/ooc)
Old 10-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #998
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom has researched this team concept more. The risks are great joining a team when we have traitors in our midst. Doom must guard his energy carefully. Yes, rewards are there, but the possibility of having a mission sabotaged is there too. An independent actor can be assured of not having his energy squandered by sabotage.

What is the current team line ups?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #999
Mimic
High School JV

Ah good. Lord Apocalypse has returned. I look forward to seeing his wisdom and selection of the next Prelate.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #1000
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I believe we have only one hour until the deadline to participate in a mission. It looks as if we should have plenty of firepower dedicated to the Sentinel mission. Galactus awaits, however, so I sincerely hope that those few going toward him are dedicating enough energy to the task.

And another note: those not going on either mission could reasonably be expected to be making some sort of progress with... special... actions. While it would perhaps be a bit much to suspect these individuals outright, I for one would like to know on what they are spending their own energy and time.