Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #951
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes, quite amazing - as I spent a few hours just looking at all the mods.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #952
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hey - been away from my computer all day today. Let me fire it up here in a couple minutes and see if I can find it all...I might even have put it up in my dropbox and can just throw you a link to it...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #953
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Hey - been away from my computer all day today. Let me fire it up here in a couple minutes and see if I can find it all...I might even have put it up in my dropbox and can just throw you a link to it...

You are a good man DT!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #954
Shepp
High School Varsity

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding going into administration? My balance is currenty about -500,000.00 and I'm losing about 100,000.00 a month. I'm under wage budget and really can't cut any more from my, already small, squad. I'm afraid that I'm stuck and would hate to waste a bunch of time with a game where I can't avoid adminstration.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #955
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Does anyone know what the rules are regarding going into administration? My balance is currenty about -500,000.00 and I'm losing about 100,000.00 a month. I'm under wage budget and really can't cut any more from my, already small, squad. I'm afraid that I'm stuck and would hate to waste a bunch of time with a game where I can't avoid adminstration.

what league are you in? gotta take end of the season reward $$ into equation

i know ive seen my english league 1 team over 1 mil in the red stay afloat easily. the chairman would pump in some cash and the $$ from cup games and end season bonus would bring me back up to around -100K. i would usually sell 1 good player each year to get some extra cash but i was always in the red until i got up into the championship
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #956
Shepp
High School Varsity

I'm in "League 1". I feel better hearing that carrying a negative balance isn't necessarily a death sentence.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #957
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Where would one find a good beginners guide for FM 2012?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #958
korme
Go Reds

2 questions:

I saved a message as a note, and now my team and some player's have little yellow circles over their names. It's quite distracting. How do I get rid of that?

Secondly, has anyone ever developed a relationship with a player or other coach? For instance, I've had this player on my team for 12 years. If I private chat him, it says Relationship: No opinion. I understand that this is basically impossible, even if I hardly private chat him. I mean, he should at least base an opinion on me based on my on field actions, our winning %, and press conferences.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #959
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Secondly, has anyone ever developed a relationship with a player or other coach? For instance, I've had this player on my team for 12 years. If I private chat him, it says Relationship: No opinion. I understand that this is basically impossible, even if I hardly private chat him. I mean, he should at least base an opinion on me based on my on field actions, our winning %, and press conferences.

Are you listed as one of his 'Favored Personnel' on his 'information' tab? I've had plenty of players that had a very tight relationship with me. Maybe he's just aloof.

Some folks just don't form those kind of relationships, and some just don't/won't like you. For the first five years of my current career, my assistant manager was the person with the worst opinion of me in the entire universe. I don't know how he got there. He didn't start there, and our success didn't seem to matter. I eventually canned him just on principal, even though I wasn't sure what the problem was, or whether it was having any negative effect. I'm sure that made him think better of me (actually it did).
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #960
korme
Go Reds

I am listed as favored personnel for a ton of my players, just they all have 'no opinion' of me on the relationship bit.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #961
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Are you listed as one of his 'Favored Personnel' on his 'information' tab? I've had plenty of players that had a very tight relationship with me. Maybe he's just aloof.

Some folks just don't form those kind of relationships, and some just don't/won't like you. For the first five years of my current career, my assistant manager was the person with the worst opinion of me in the entire universe. I don't know how he got there. He didn't start there, and our success didn't seem to matter. I eventually canned him just on principal, even though I wasn't sure what the problem was, or whether it was having any negative effect. I'm sure that made him think better of me (actually it did).

Maybe he was psychic and knew that you were going to fire him but not when. He disliked you more the longer it took you to do it because he hated waiting.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #962
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

How much space does a typical FM game take up? I am finally going to pull the trigger on a MBA, but it only has a 128 GB HD. I am planning on using it just for FM and CIV5, but is that enough space with all of the cool FM extras?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #963
Ryan S
Quarterback

FM12 is taking up somewhere in the region of 3.5gb on my machine. I don't have all the extra downloads installed. My current savegame is in 2016 and the save file is a little under 150mb.

I should think that Civ 5 and FM12 would come in at less than 10gb in total.

Last edited by Ryan S : 08-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #964
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I had my first real bug I've found in the whole series. In the same game I had a goal not register on the score and then action was stopped because a player couldn't continue. When it went to the formation screen nobody was grayed out and I couldn't find anyone to replace that would allow me to continue.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #965
TroyF
Coordinator

Some random thoughts:

Just had a bizzare year. Late April 2019 and my Arsenal side are in serious trouble of having the worse season in 5 years. With 30 games played, I trail City by 10 points, have City away in the FA Cup, and am trailing Inter 3-0 with the second leg coming home in the CL. . . and I'm on a six game winless streak to boot and the team is pretty down. (understatement)

After an easy win against EPL fodder, my next three games are City (away), Inter (home), City (Away)

I beat City 1-0 in a game they had 28 shots to my 10. I am down to Inter 3-0 starting the second half and then an Inter player tackles Wilshire in the box and gets a straight red. I go overload and proceed to score 5 goals in the next 14 minutes, one of my biggest binges ever. I go to City and smack them 4-1 .

Long story short, I didn't lose again for the year. Scratch that, I didn't have a game within three goals the rest of the year. Aguero gets hurt and City collapse. I run off a series of wins with scores like 5-1, 8-0, 7-2, 3-0. . . . it goes on and on. I actually clinch the EPL with one game to go. I face Spurs in the CL final and crush them 5-0 in a game I had 39 shots to their 3. I win the FA cup.

So what looked like potential disaster ends with me winning the treble. (my first one ever, yes I suck as a manager)

At least I have FM where Arsenal can still win trophies.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #966
MrBug708
Head Coach

Uggh, had to sell my GK as he refused to resign with me, despite wanting a contract extension, and expecting me to offer him one. He had expressed that he wanted to leave under the Bosman ruling
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #967
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I recently made the premiership for the first time ever, in like 15 years of LLM FM (not always due to sucking, as a new version/patch or just boredom resulted in a hundred restarts throughout the years). I was doing relatively OK (aka not scraping the absolute bottom) in the Premiership considering I literally had 1/10th the payroll of the nearest team (and 1/50the the payroll of #1), and was still fielding one or two players that had been on my Conference team, 6 years earlier.

There were a couple young signings that had carried through my success at the higher levels in the very recent past, who were signed for 5-6 years, and set to carry the league to unprecedented riches....and then it all came crashing down, as my success, and abilities to get a few awesome players on bargain contracts bit me in the ass, and like half a dozen of my absolute best players got picked off my team in the last month, thanks to equally bargain basement minimum offer release clauses that were necessary (and seemed totally safe at the time) to get the player to come to my at-the-time anemic financial terms.

It's awful watching your best guys go, without any direct control over the decision. It sucks when you're poor and the team president decides to take an offer without your consent, and it sucks even more when I've finally got some cash, but don't have the wiles/experience to play the top level financial game very well. I'm trying to lock up my other besties with newer contracts that have much higher/non-existant minimum release clauses, but it's going to cost me.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-18-2012 at 12:51 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #968
MrBug708
Head Coach

In my solo play game, Drew Carey bought DC United and De La Hoya bought Houston
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #969
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Some random thoughts:

Just had a bizzare year. Late April 2019 and my Arsenal side are in serious trouble of having the worse season in 5 years. With 30 games played, I trail City by 10 points, have City away in the FA Cup, and am trailing Inter 3-0 with the second leg coming home in the CL. . . and I'm on a six game winless streak to boot and the team is pretty down. (understatement)

After an easy win against EPL fodder, my next three games are City (away), Inter (home), City (Away)

I beat City 1-0 in a game they had 28 shots to my 10. I am down to Inter 3-0 starting the second half and then an Inter player tackles Wilshire in the box and gets a straight red. I go overload and proceed to score 5 goals in the next 14 minutes, one of my biggest binges ever. I go to City and smack them 4-1 .

Long story short, I didn't lose again for the year. Scratch that, I didn't have a game within three goals the rest of the year. Aguero gets hurt and City collapse. I run off a series of wins with scores like 5-1, 8-0, 7-2, 3-0. . . . it goes on and on. I actually clinch the EPL with one game to go. I face Spurs in the CL final and crush them 5-0 in a game I had 39 shots to their 3. I win the FA cup.

So what looked like potential disaster ends with me winning the treble. (my first one ever, yes I suck as a manager)

At least I have FM where Arsenal can still win trophies.

I just did my first treble ever, but I'm in 2027 or 2028 or something. Heh. Then again, I'm playing with Chesterfield, and not Arensal so it took some time
Old 08-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #970
Flasch186
Coordinator

y'know, I bought '12 but I cant walk away from my Port Vale squad in '11 and NEVER played '12. Now '13 is probably right around the corner....dear god.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #971
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Okay, this is driving me insane. Did 'Pitch Condition' just vanish on me or something? I swear I cannot find how torn up my pitch is anywhere.

edit: Ah. Apparently, if your pitch goes to like...uber terrible, it just stops even showing you how bad.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-21-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #972
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Is this one of us?

(From Grantland, the lure of managing Italian fallen legend Pro Vercelli in FM)

The Pro Vercelli resurgence - Grantland
Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #973
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm not sure what is going on but I have historically sucked at this game. However my last 2 careers have been quite successful, including my most recent which I am currently on a 24 match unbeaten streak with NP2 club Southend.

The game is a lot more fun when I am winning some
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #974
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I'm not sure what is going on but I have historically sucked at this game. However my last 2 careers have been quite successful, including my most recent which I am currently on a 24 match unbeaten streak with NP2 club Southend.

The game is a lot more fun when I am winning some

Agreed. I've been playing since CM 00/01, and I've always been pretty mediocre. I'm in my 11th season of my FM 12 dynasty, and I'm actually winning trophies!

1st Season - Took over Peterhead who had just been relegated to the Scottish 3rd. Finished in 2nd place, but lost in the playoffs.

2nd Season - Won 3rd Division; promoted to 2nd Division. Manager of the Year.

3rd Season - Finished 2nd in 2nd Division; won playoffs; promoted to 1st Division.

4th Season - Finished 5th in 1st Division.

5th Season - Finished 6th in 1st Division.

6th Season - Won the League Challenge Cup. Won the 1st Divison. Promoted to the Scottish Premier League. Manager of the Year.

7th Season - Finished 4th in SPL. Qualified for the Euro Cup. SPL Manager of the Year and Writers Manager of the Year.

8th Season - Lost in Euro Cup 4th Qualifying Round. Resigned...Peterhead just wasn't big enough anymore! Hired by West Brom who were sitting 11th in the Championship. Finished 4th. Won playoffs. Promoted to the EPL.

9th Season - Won the League Cup (Qual for Euro Cup). Finished in 15th in the EPL.

10th Season - Won Euro Cup!!! Finished 7th in the EPL.

11th Season - So far . . . Lost in League Cup Finals. Lost in Euro Cup 2nd Knockout. In FA Cup finals. Currently sitting in 3rd (Champions League?!?!?!).
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #975
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'm kind of disappointed I can't make new rivals in-game (and have them noted as such). Takes a tiny bit of luster off the LLM game. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #976
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Ironically I lost both matches we played tonight...
Old 08-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #977
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Is this one of us?

(From Grantland, the lure of managing Italian fallen legend Pro Vercelli in FM)

The Pro Vercelli resurgence - Grantland
Have you read the dynasty he writes about there? If not you should. It's a fantastic read.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #978
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Where can I find it?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #979
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Where can I find it?
Pro Vercelli - The Run of Play
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #980
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Wow! Awesome writeup!

On a different note, is anyone here still playing FM2011 (Steam Version)?

I have a long-term save going and was able to play on Monday night - I tried loading it up on Tuesday, got a Steam update then got the dreaded "FM2011 Quit Unexpectedly" error message upon trying to load the game.

I've tried everything, including verifying the cache, uninstalling/reinstalling Steam, uninstalling/reinstalling FM but no dice.

Based on the bug forum at SI Games - Sports Interactive Community (need to be logged in to see it I think), it looks like I'm not the only one with the problem. It looks like it's a Steam issue versus an SI Games problem but there has been no help forthcoming from either party and we're onto day four of not being able to play.

I've put an obscene amount of hours into this save and worry that I won't be able to continue any more

PS: I should note that I have an iMac, not a PC.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 08-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #981
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I'm in the middle of a complicated bit of coding at the mo - but I'll chase about this later on for you, thanks for letting me know.

PS - Its a bank holiday in the UK on monday so I might not be able to get back to you straight away regarding this if no one knows inhouse today.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 08-24-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #982
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'm in the middle of a complicated bit of coding at the mo - but I'll chase about this later on for you, thanks for letting me know.

PS - Its a bank holiday in the UK on monday so I might not be able to get back to you straight away regarding this if no one knows inhouse today.

Thank you very much Marc! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by NoSkillz : 08-24-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #983
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

Marc,

This issue has been resolved! Steam sent an email to one of the affected players and he posted the fix at SI's forum. Many thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #984
Flasch186
Coordinator

Link please? I just got it during a save game in '11

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #985
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Link please? I just got it during a save game in '11

You need to be logged in to see this sub-forum I believe...

Sports Interactive Community
Old 08-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #986
whomario
Pro Starter

I think this is the fix that worked for the guys over there :

Quote:
Hello Chris,

Please exit Steam and remove the Steam application from the location you installed it in (Applications by default) by dragging it to the Trash.

Also go to the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam

Note: If you are using Lion please do the following to access your Steam folder:

1. Click "Go" in the menu bar
2. Click "Go to Folder..."
3. Type "~/Library/Application Support/Steam"
4. Click "Go"

This will take you directly to the folder.

Delete all of the files and folders in the /Steam folder except for /SteamApps.

Then, redownload Steam from http://cdn.store.steampowered.com/pu...ller/steam.dmg and reinstall the application.

Then, you will need to launch Steam.app from your Dock or Applications folder.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #987
Flasch186
Coordinator

...so lucky, my autosave was run the day before Luck thank you.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 08-25-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #988
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI - I thought it might be about time we'd normally get some sort of news or teaser on FM 2013, so I went looking at the sigames site and saw the following tweet from miles:
Quote:
RT @milessi: Previously the #FM13 announcement was to be end of August - due to unforseen personal circumstances, it'll now be mid September. Sorry.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-26-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #989
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

^^ good. im in season 3034 and once i hear about the next game and its new features i cant continue playing the current one without thinking about what im missing
Old 08-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #990
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
^^ good. im in season 3034 and once i hear about the next game and its new features i cant continue playing the current one without thinking about what im missing

Is that a mistype, or have you been playing 24 hours a day since the game was released?
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #991
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

no its not a mistype, i havnt been playing 24/7 but i have been playing this save since day 1

its only 23 seasons
Old 08-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #992
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
its only 23 seasons
Give or take 1000.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #993
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap - check this one out. Quaresma is like my #4 winger too.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #994
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Haha..that's intense.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #995
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Adebayor is in full-on BEAST MODE for me this season.

Loaned him in last year when he scored 22 in 31 appearances for me, then finally got him on a Bosman this off-season.

17 goals in 12 appearances for me this season in all competitions so far, including 5 in 4 CL games.

Here's his latest - 5 goals against 5th place Catania. Note that we were down a man for all of his goals.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #996
Shepp
High School Varsity

I'm having probably the worst loyalty crisis I have ever had in FM. I'm currently entering my third year as Southend United manager. We're in the League 1 with a wage budget of 1.7 million. I'm on a contractfor 80,000 pounds a year. I've just been approached by Wolves who have just been relegated from the Premiership for 600,000 pound a year contract and 30 million pound wage budget.

I've played as Southend since I started playing back with Championship Manager 03/04 and have never managed any other team. It almost feels like I'm cheating on my wife with the temptation I'm feeling from the offer of this other team.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #997
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

you are cheating you unfaithful bastard! if you go to wolves you will be pining to be back at Southend

this actually reminds me of a time i got fired from Carlisle. i always play Carlisle since i first got CM4. every edition i play them and get them into the PL and hopefully win it. well one time (i think it was FM 9) the board let me go at the end of my contract because i only won the CL and a few cups the last few years, but never won the league. i was disheartened to say the least. on the day i was let go i literally left that message up on the screen and stared at it for hours. i couldnt believe they would let me go after bringing them up from league 1 to Champions league just because i finished 4th. i didnt even continue the game that day cause i felt sick to my stomach. next day i got my resolve back and decided i was going to extract my revenge the best way possible, take over a championship club and fight my way up to the EPL and win the title and shove it in thier face! well after joining Norwich and plundering Carlisle's reverves for as much talent that i could get (i knew which players had the stuff) i eventually won the EPL after about 5 seasons. at carlisle they hired a big name coach to replace me and he spent a lot of money, but won the EPL once or twice, but eventually they started going down the table and were now without much cash. i left them about 160 million in the bank and he spent most of that on players he really didnt need. so what do they do once he stops getting into the CL and spend all thier $$? come crawling back to me to take over the job . well at that time i was rolling onto the EPL title with my new team, with players either from their reserves, thier transfer list of players i scouted while manager at carlisle. naturally i told them to suck it

Last edited by bulletsponge : 09-04-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #998
Critch
lolzcat

On FM2010 I spent years taking Tamworth from non-League up through the divisions, peaking at UEFA Cup-level EPL. Every year was 5th to 8th with a cup final every now and then, but not enough money to make the jump to challenging for the title and Champions League. Mainly due to the fact the board ran the team into serious debt expanding the stadium when they got to the EPL.

During one off-season I was offered the Arsenal job, they were reigning champions but their manager had left. Guess he retired after winning the league one last time. Took a long time making the decision to quit Tamworth, and stopped playing as soon as I decided to take the Arsenal job.

When I got back to playing my career the next day I'd reconsidered the move, noticed the Tamworth job hadnt been filled, so reapplied and they took me back. My Arsenal career was like 10 days and no games played. 10 days was long enough for the Tamworth fans to forget they used to like me though.

Last edited by Critch : 09-04-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #999
Shepp
High School Varsity

I decided to stay with Southend. It literally took me about an hour to make the decision though.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #1000
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Do you still have Kane Ferdinand and Ryan Hall?