Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #951
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

if anyone had any doubts, here is a comparison pic of current reviews for Read Dead Redemption

Spoiler
Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #952
Kodos
Resident Alien

So, it's good then?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #953
Kodos
Resident Alien

Might as well get this out of the way:

how the ai
Old 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #954
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Might as well get this out of the way:

how the ai

looking good in previews
Old 05-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #955
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Yay, we finally have a release date. Dragon Quest IX will come out on July 11. Now when's the Dragon Quest VI remake coming out?

http://www.gamingevolution.info/view.php?id=10156

New entries in the Super Mario, Dragon Quest, and Civilization franchises in about a four month span is pretty awesome.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #956
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The game contains a scene in which two characters have sex on a table; there is a brief instance of female nudity."

Even more reason to buy the game.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #957
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Anyone else in here on the fence regarding FIFA World Cup 2010? I liked FIFA 10 but not as much as many people did (too ping-pongy vs. the AI, the bias towards stronger players over quicker, smaller players when dribbling), but from what I've read there are various gameplay improvements in the World Cup game (my PS3 and router don't get along so I haven't been able to get on PSN to check the demo out for myself). Have any of ya'll played the demo and if so, what did you think?

It is a $60 game which feels like a bit much since it comes out six months before FIFA 11 and six months after FIFA 10. I might get it, possibly selling/trading in FIFA 10, or I might just skip it. But I'm already starting to feel that World Cup fever six weeks away from the first game, I have a feeling I'll break down and get it at some point despite my issues with the series and the nature of this release.

I'm going to trade some stuff in tomorrow, FIFA 10 is one of the games - and I'm picking up FIFA World Cup.

Time to get rid of that Wii fitness that was used like 5 times..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #958
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I've been having a lot of fun with it, EA has improved the things I mentioned which annoyed me about FIFA 10.

Try and find a friend online that will play you in game between some of the 0.5 star teams, they're actually a lot of fun to use, the games are generally open due to the bad defending but the scoring doesn't get out of hand with the crappy shooting. It's more interesting than playing the endless stream of randoms who'll only choose Brazil, Spain, etc.

Plus the qualifying and actual World Cup itself are cool of course. The online World Cup is kind of flawed (like one time my USA team was in a group with Mexico and Honduras, two other CONCACAF teams) but still pretty fun.

Last edited by Big Fo : 05-20-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #959
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been having a lot of fun with it, EA has improved the things I mentioned which annoyed me about FIFA 10.

Try and find a friend online that will play you in game between some of the 0.5 star teams, they're actually a lot of fun to use, the games are generally open due to the bad defending but the scoring doesn't get out of hand with the crappy shooting. It's more interesting than playing the endless stream of randoms who'll only choose Brazil, Spain, etc.

Plus the qualifying and actual World Cup itself are cool of course. The online World Cup is kind of flawed (like one time my USA team was in a group with Mexico and Honduras, two other CONCACAF teams) but still pretty fun.

Thank you!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #960
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I just rented the World Cup game. Check it out. Sixty bucks seemed excessive for this type of game. (note: I never did play the last World Cup game)

I don't think it was Fifa 10 I played a few months back, I think it was 09. It may have been 10, though. But the demo for this World Cup game the actual soccer game felt much more.. real. It was intense. I didn't recall it being THIS good in the regular Fifa game.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #961
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It is more intense in FIFA World Cup.. like it better so far.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #962
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dear EA: Would you like me to pay $4.99/month to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online?

Hint: it ain't gonna happen if latency keeps randomly spiking in mid-swing, and it definitely ain't gonna happen if the swing power meter continues to lie.

Fix those, get back to me. We'll talk.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #963
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NHL 2011 officially announced to have the CHL and all the players in it. That is fucking amazing.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #964
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Steam's got FM 2010 for 19.99 and this weekend you can play a full version for free. Great deal if you want to try and buy FM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #965
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Steam's got FM 2010 for 19.99 and this weekend you can play a full version for free. Great deal if you want to try and buy FM.

Thanks for the info. Time for me to finally buy this version.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #966
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Mario Galaxy 2 picked up a 10 from IGN. I think it's finally pushed into the "must buy" category for me. Not that it wasn't before, but I rarely buy games when they come out, especially at $50 (I'll occasionally do a DS game when it comes out if I think the cost is just going to go up or be hard to find).

For some reason, there were a bunch of 10s given out in IGN's early days to GBC (Pokemon and Zelda:Oracle games deservedly; others not so much), Lynx, and NeoGeo Color. But beyond those, there are only 4 other games that have ever gotten a 10: Soul Calibur (DC), Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Grand Theft Auto 4. Theoretically, Super Mario 64 got a 10 on its first review but it was later graded down (to 9.8).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-21-2010 at 10:55 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #967
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I wish I had a wii sometimes, but I know I'd only end up playing mario games on it so Don't know if its worth it just for a couple games.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 05-21-2010 at 11:40 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #968
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Saw this rumor about Natal being released at a $149 price point. If so, Natal is going to make the PSP Go look successful.

Natal To Cost $149 – Source | Edge Online

Quote:
Natal will launch in the US this October with a price tag of $149.

That’s according to a trusted source, who told us that the motion sensing camera will also be bundled with the Xbox 360 Arcade console for $299.

We were informed that prices outside of the US would be determined based on a number of factors, including exchange rates. Based on current rates, the standalone unit would retail for £103 / €121, and the console and Natal bundle for £207 / €243.

The figure for the standalone unit is significantly higher than a previous sub-£50 estimate, but less than pricing recently suggested by European retailers. It’s also more expensive than Sony’s Natal rival Move, which will be available later this year with a game for less than $100.

Our source said that the device has been pencilled in for an October 26 worldwide launch, although we were advised that the date could yet shift by a few weeks either way.

We were also told Microsoft’s camera definitely won’t be called Natal and that its proper title will be revealed at E3 next month. It will also be heavily targeted at causal players and families.

“Microsoft expects to sell millions and millions of Natal units in its first year on the market so you can expect the software launch line-up to target non-traditional gamers,” our source said. “A major marketing campaign will also play a key role in attracting and educating the expanded audience about Xbox 360’s controller-free revolution.”

When contacted about this report, Microsoft told us that it "does not comment on rumour or speculation”.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #969
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Pastapadre is reporting that the NCAA is involved in talks with the NHL series. /potential drool
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #970
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
Pastapadre is reporting that the NCAA is involved in talks with the NHL series. /potential drool
That would be incredible.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #971
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post

That wouldn't be surprising. They just recently locked up the CHL license. A NCAA license would fill out the levels of play in the game.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #972
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like we have the reason for the longer development time of Gran Turismo 5 when everyone thought it would be out already. They're adding 3D and motion controller support.

Gran Turismo 5 supports Move, 3D | Games Industry | MCV
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #973
SackAttack
Head Coach

The addition of 3D as a reason for delay also serves as the subtraction of a reason for me to buy the game.

Yay, jumping on every bandwagon as a business philosophy!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #974
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Speaking of 3-D, did anyone pick up the Batman: GoTY to see how the 3-D worked in that game?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #975
RainMaker
General Manager

3-D is the most overated thing we've seen in decades.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #976
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just finished Resistance Fall of Man on the PS3. Very nice shooter, and good budget price these days.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #977
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

I agree until the point where they remove the need for glasses. They've already started work on TV's with built-in filters. Still a couple years off, but once the glasses aren't needed, it becomes a very nice addition to the technology.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #978
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree but I love it as it has driven down the costs of "regular" HDTV's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #979
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I agree until the point where they remove the need for glasses. They've already started work on TV's with built-in filters. Still a couple years off, but once the glasses aren't needed, it becomes a very nice addition to the technology.

3D is impossible with people that have some type of blindness issue with one eye...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #980
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Speaking of 3-D, did anyone pick up the Batman: GoTY to see how the 3-D worked in that game?

I heard it wasn't' that great. It adds some depth, but not any eye-popping 3-D effects. And the glasses are supposedly paper (cheap).
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #981
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
It's not about the glasses. It's just a chore to watch on it and becomes nauseating after awhile.

If video game companies want to take the next step, they should do it online. Better systems for playing with friends and more people online in bigger environments.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #982
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
It's not about the glasses. It's just a chore to watch on it and becomes nauseating after awhile.

If video game companies want to take the next step, they should do it online. Better systems for playing with friends and more people online in bigger environments.

The effects obviously vary from person to person. Agreed that it does have that effect on some people.

Online will always suffer from the need to cheat the system. You'll never get a massive environment to be free of those kinds of players, so it's impossible to take it to that level.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #983
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The amount of money movie studios have made with 3-D over the past two years seems to speak in favor of 3-D gaming.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #984
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I personally HATE 3d stuff, I much prefer to see films without 3d, as do all of my kids but the very youngest ....
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #985
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The amount of money movie studios have made with 3-D over the past two years seems to speak in favor of 3-D gaming.

That's likely to only apply to games that are must-play same as movies that become must-see.

Take this weekend's Shrek 3 release for example, that seems like a classic example of a movie that you're either going to see or not going to see, 3D is largely irrelevant to anything other than the cost. And frankly, the upcharge does nothing except drive me further away from the theater as the 3D detracts rather than adds to the vast majority of movies to me.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #986
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Take this weekend's Shrek 3 release for example, that seems like a classic example of a movie that you're either going to see or not going to see, 3D is largely irrelevant to anything other than the cost. And frankly, the upcharge does nothing except drive me further away from the theater as the 3D detracts rather than adds to the vast majority of movies to me.
Bingo. There has yet to be a movie that has come out where the 3-D aspect was the reason I wanted to see it - in every case I've considered it a detriment, and have usually attempted to see a non 3-D version instead.

Although, I'll say this - Avatar did the best job I've seen so far of presenting a true 3-D experience. But even then, the 3-D was maybe 5% of my enjoyment of that movie.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #987
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I've seen two movies in 3D now (Avatar and Alice in Wonderland). Avatar was kind of cool as a novelty. Alice in Wonderland made my eyes want to bleed.

Given the choice, going forward I will be going to 2D screenings whenever possible.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #988
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Bingo. There has yet to be a movie that has come out where the 3-D aspect was the reason I wanted to see it - in every case I've considered it a detriment, and have usually attempted to see a non 3-D version instead.

Although, I'll say this - Avatar did the best job I've seen so far of presenting a true 3-D experience. But even then, the 3-D was maybe 5% of my enjoyment of that movie.

And it should be noted that, unlike the movie theater, there will be no price increase for 3D games. You'll be able to play the game either way. Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5 will have both options and both are being released at $60 this year.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #989
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
And it should be noted that, unlike the movie theater, there will be no price increase for 3D games. You'll be able to play the game either way. Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5 will have both options and both are being released at $60 this year.

Gran Turismo 5 later this year. *wipes tear from eye*

You crack me up, MBBF.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #990
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm a little less than halfway through so far and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is living up to the massive expectations. Just brilliant level after brilliant level.

Last edited by Big Fo : 06-01-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #991
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm a little less than halfway through so far and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is living up to the massive expectations. Just brilliant level after brilliant level.

I finished it this morning. Lots of great stuff, but a couple of horrendously frustrating levels, too.

We're not even talking "genius level design." We're talking "poor controller sensitivity combined with retarded level design for artificial frustration."

Only a handful of instances like that, but the ones that exist are infuriating.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #992
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Although, I'll say this - Avatar did the best job I've seen so far of presenting a true 3-D experience.

Agreed! I've seen a handful of 3-D movies, and Avatar was the only one where I thought it was done in a way that truly enhanced the movie instead of cheesy side effects that detracted from it.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #993
RainMaker
General Manager

MJ is the new coverboy for NBA 2K11. Interesting choice.

Michael Jordan is NBA 2K11's Cover Star
Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #994
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope that means they will have a bunch of classic players available. Love classic players.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #995
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I hope NBA 2K11 lets me have a Mario Elie vs. Jacque Vaughn layup contest.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #996
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I hope NBA 2K11 lets me have a Mario Elie vs. Jacque Vaughn layup contest.

What about a Pervis Ellison vs Oliver Miller dunk contest?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #997
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hope I can play as Scottie Pippen and Kenny Anderson.....back when they weren't broke.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #998
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What about a Pervis Ellison vs Oliver Miller dunk contest?
I love it. I also want an Oliver Miller chair-throwing contest.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #999
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

New MW2 map pack DLC supposed to be available tomorrow. Not normally newsworthy perhaps but I have to admit that the amusement park map looks awfully fun.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #1000
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I love it. I also want an Oliver Miller chair-throwing contest.

You guys leave the big O the fuck alone.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote