Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #951
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I can't believe that everyone is so quick to dismiss the possibility of conversions. There have been zero night kills in this game. What other explanation could there be?

You're right. Maybe there are conversions.

I was expecting the first kill to come last night - it was right after the merge and BK mentioned that as a "coming home" present anyone who had a night action could take it. I figured we'd see our first death by wolf after I heard that.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #952
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
The first way is to get someone previously from Oz or Helsing into our alliance. Someone willing to leave their old tribe allegiance and come join us with the understanding that we form what is essentially a new team. All 4 of us on equal footing. The 4 of us coast into the next merge.

I suggest someone from Helsing joining us. Remember that after KWhit, Anxiety, and I are gone, you guys are next.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #953
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes. That's my thought too.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #954
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Naturally, my intuition is to vote for JE, Anxiety, or KWhit at this point. It is just where the numbers match up and give us the best chance of getting a wolf.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #955
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I can't believe that everyone is so quick to dismiss the possibility of conversions. There have been zero night kills in this game. What other explanation could there be?

Do you think there has been a conversion every night?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #956
hoopsguy
General Manager

Welcome to the tribal council, everyone. Some of you I'm talking with for the first time, others I've had opportunity to get to know fairly well. I've got exciting news for all of you that is somewhat related to your current situation. We've reached an agreement with the networks to broadcast the remainder of the show in real-time! Sure that complicates matters a little bit - the audience won't know how we got to this point, or who you are talking about when referencing people who are not here now, but we pitched it as sort of a "Memento" approach. Anyways, that isn't why I came by here ...

As you know, you have to vote out one of your members this evening. With all the collective paranoia around werewolves, I would like to remind you that there is no evidence to suggest the existence of anyone except for the original 22 tribe members. Some of them have been voted off, and another person will be joining them at the conclusion of this council.

I've largely given up trying to understand the thought process on votes this season, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll ask a few questions.

1.) How much loyalty do you retain with your past tribe, compared to the current group?
2.) Have you started thinking yet about the road to being the final survivor, or is that too far off to be realistic?
3.) Are late changes/declarations from today more or less suspect than earlier ones?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #957
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Naturally, my intuition is to vote for JE, Anxiety, or KWhit at this point. It is just where the numbers match up and give us the best chance of getting a wolf.

I agree
Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #958
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Do you think there has been a conversion every night?

Every night? No. Multiple nights. Why not? Why else haven't there been kills?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #959
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I agree

You realize that by siding with the members of Oz, you are sealing your own fate, right?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #960
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You realize that by siding with the members of Oz, you are sealing your own fate, right?

Allying with Oz, gives us the best chance of eliminating the wolves. Whose evidence is shown publicly in the presentation of a seer role and privately in a challenge reward in which I participated. Wolves are also supported 3rd hand by RAs claim of being a wolf.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #961
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

How does the voting work?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #962
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1.) How much loyalty do you retain with your past tribe, compared to the current group?
2.) Have you started thinking yet about the road to being the final survivor, or is that too far off to be realistic?
3.) Are late changes/declarations from today more or less suspect than earlier ones?

No offense, but I was hoping I'd never speak to you again.

1) Since my old tribe is basically gone, I hold no allegiance to them at all. I'm all about the new Howard tribe. I just wish the rest of my new "teammates" thought the same way.

2) I have, and apparently I'm one of the few in this tribe to do so. I can see when we are being played over by members of a certain other tribe, so I hope others will open their eyes or else they will suffer the same fate as KWhit, Anxiety, and I.

3) I'm trying to think of a late change or declaration from today, but I can't think of any.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #963
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How does the voting work?

You submit a private message to Barkeep, who tallies the votes and the one with the most votes goes home.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #964
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Allying with Oz, gives us the best chance of eliminating the wolves. Whose evidence is shown publicly in the presentation of a seer role and privately in a challenge reward in which I participated. Wolves are also supported 3rd hand by RAs claim of being a wolf.

Fine. Vote us out. You'll have no one to blame but yourself when the former members of Oz turn against you. And if you don't think they will, you're fooling yourself. They've shown all game that what comes first is the security of their tribe. That's not going to change now.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #965
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

When do we have to have our votes in or by what time?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #966
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

First, nice color.

1. I'm loyal to cronin. He's got my back. Otherwise, I'm all for Howard.

2. Never crossed my mind, funny since I'm the original FOFC survivor champ. I guess my morale dropped when we started losing challenges through a lack of participation.

3. Not sure what you mean.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #967
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
1. I'm loyal to cronin. He's got my back.

What does this mean?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #968
hoopsguy
General Manager

On the "late declarations" thing - I was asking if the time that people who declared "rock", "paper", or "scissors" was a part of the decision process. You lost the challenge - was it fair and square, or was there some act of sabotage? If the latter, are the people who voted early or late more suspect?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #969
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There was most definitely sabotage. Noone to my knowledge has pubicly stated they let Helsing know about my vote "switch".

Cronin's my boy. We're pals, and neither of us are wolves. Since the other two are Oz, I trust them, but nowhere near the level I trust cronin. It's more of an in game/out of game thing.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #970
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I was one of the late voters and because I can chat with path in our own thread, I could have given out the voting info. But I didn't. I wanted to win this challenge because I know my head is going to be on the block. Maybe not this time around, but soon.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #971
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Someone clearly gave the other side the inside scoop, though.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #972
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Path and I talked about the developments of the day (since we are both likely to be among the first voted off) and he asked if our members of Oz were going to follow cronin's call. I told him that I didn't know because you all hadn't said what you were going to do yet.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #973
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Votes are PM'ed to me by 10 PM tomorrow. You may vote an unvote. Also remember you are morally obligated to answer hoops' questions. Follow the nice example of Jonathan.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #974
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Am I chopped liver?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #975
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Also remember you are morally obligated to answer hoops' questions. Follow the nice example of Jonathan.

Well, I have a lot of experience in these matters.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #976
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Votes are PM'ed to me by 10 PM tomorrow. You may vote an unvote. Also remember you are morally obligated to answer hoops' questions. Follow the nice example of Jonathan.

Ah, the story unfolds
Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #977
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I've largely given up trying to understand the thought process on votes this season, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll ask a few questions.

1. Eliminating the wolves is a rote action

2. Some

3. It's all the same
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #978
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I personally think this game has been a shoehorn from the beginning. Please note, this is not a whine, I fully expect you all to coninute your strategy, and so forth, and I'm not frustrated. I;m merely observing.

On Day One, two tribes got an extra person, and then the challenge was immedaitely offered, and one where the mre numbers you had, the more likely you were to win. Lupus lost, foreseeably. We then rally to win a challenge that is not number srelated, then lose the next challenge which is n7umbers related. Then our number is cut again to three, based off losses by numbers challenegs. Then, once down to three, we steer clear of losing by doing well in non-numbers related challenegs. FInally, we have a shot at actually playign the game without having to worry about derense, because we are combined with other tibes, and what is the very first thing that happens? Our new tribe intentionally throws the game just to vote one of us off, because we still don;t have the numbers.

It all goes back to Day One, and which tribes the unafiliated chose to aling with. We lost this game on that day.

Again, BK said that survivor and WW are neither fair, and the combintion fot he two is relaly unfair, but I feel that I have been putting in hours of wrok like Sysiphus, but all for naught. I;ve never done anything but do everything I can to get whatever tribe I;m in to win, and here we are, facing elimination, because we never had the numbers.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #979
KWhit
Coordinator

We're not dead yet, Anxiety.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #980
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Some, but more than that I feel a a good bit of loyalty to Anxiety and Jon because they are the only way I stay alive. If one other person chooses to join us, I'll feel loyal to them too. It's all about your current teammates. Who can you count on? My current teammates are Jon and Anxiety. I hope to add another one to our team today.

Quote:

No. But I have started thinking about how to get out of this current group and into the next merge as I describe above. I think I have a way to do it, too.

Quote:

I would say less suspect. I would imagine that people posted late in order to insure that word wouldn't be passed to the other team about what each of us chose. I know that's why I waited until the last second to post mine.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #981
Passacaglia
Coordinator

1. As much as they're willing to give to me. The idea of being scanned by the seer appeals to me as a villager, and I'm thinking that will help when things get whittled down -- by the time the already-cleared majority is looking at me, the seer can step in, knowing all the facts.

2. A little. See above. Mostly I'm just worried about getting through each day.

3. Earlier from one tribe, later from the other. If there was sabotage, someone late must have intentionally lost -- because they knew someone else's throw earlier.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #982
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, crazy day yesterday. Anyone have an idea for voting targets? I'm personally curious about what Anxiety, KWhit, and JE have to say, since they're on the block.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #983
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I don't have anyone in mind. I'm going to wait and see what today's challenge is, see how everyone works together, and then decide.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #984
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
C'mon in Survivors.

I do have some bad news. Last night GoldenEagle's body was found. It was mangled. Ripped to shreds. Generally? An unpleasant sight. Even worse news is that some sort of coded message was found. We decided to decode it and it turns out that it was a list of players. Next to some was written villager and some (or was it one? Maybe it was none?) was written wolf. Alas a careless intern "dropped" it into the fire and so we can't show it to you. Such a shame.

Today is a combined reward and immunity challenge. Here is a grid:

There are 100 letters inside the grid and 20 letters on the outside. The goal of this challenge is simple: use as many of the letters as possible to form words. The words you form must use a letter on the outside of the grid to start and then use a letter in that row or column. So, for instance, you could form It (I+21) or Be (B+41). Once you've used a letter, inside or outside the grid, you may not use it again. Whichever tribe can form the most words wins.

The winning tribe's reward, besides immunity, is that they will designate two players from the losing tribe. The following day at tribal council those two will be the player voted off.

The word lists and the two players who the tribe would like to make eligible for tribal council are due by 10 PM. A word must be found in either dictionary.com or m-w.com in order to count. No proper nouns will be accepted, but otherwise all WORDS will be accepted (meaning prefixes and suffixes and the like also do not count).

Survivors ready? Go!

Looks like we can't make more than 20 words, right? Since each letter can only be used once

Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #985
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
We're not dead yet, Anxiety.

I think the wolf kill last night did us in. My guess is taht he wolves have a limited number of kills, and chose last night to take one down, to guarantee getting us killed, slowly over the next five days, while the wolves pick off other players.

To be fair, it's a sound startegy.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #986
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Looks like we can't make more than 20 words, right? Since each letter can only be used once
Correct.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #987
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I think the wolf kill last night did us in. My guess is taht he wolves have a limited number of kills, and chose last night to take one down, to guarantee getting us killed, slowly over the next five days, while the wolves pick off other players.

To be fair, it's a sound startegy.

Yeah, the wolves screwed us. Thanks, wolves.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #988
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the Challenge, it seems like the best thing to do is to is to verify that we can make 20 words, and then try to lenthen our words once we have our list of twenty.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #989
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Didn't the wolves help you guys get a majority for your new team?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #990
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:

1. very much
2.too far off and ill have to really be lucky to make it
3.im not really sure what happend... im still kinda confused on all that
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #991
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I feel like losing the seer really screwed me. I dunno if the wolves just got lucky, or used some night action in a previous night to figure out who the seer is, or what. But knowing that I don't have a shot at being scanned really messes me up.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #992
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Does the length of the words matter?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #993
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I see Barkeep say to use as many letters as possible, then he says whoever forms the most words wins. Which is it?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #994
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Didn't the wolves help you guys get a majority for your new team?

Personally, I was hoping to stick around long enough for the seer to clear me, but since that won't happen now, there's no way I won't get voted off (and I assume the same holds for Anxiety and KWhit).
Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #995
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Ge, why???
Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #996
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The words you form must use a letter on the outside of the grid to start and then use a letter in that row or column.

Does this mean that just ONE letter in the word has to be in that row or column?

Also, does the word have to start with the letter that is outside the grid?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #997
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Personally, I was hoping to stick around long enough for the seer to clear me, but since that won't happen now, there's no way I won't get voted off (and I assume the same holds for Anxiety and KWhit).

Maybe I trusted too much that the seer was going to look at me and Gram, but I figured the plan was to kill you off, and not even bother scanning you.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #998
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Maybe I trusted too much that the seer was going to look at me and Gram, but I figured the plan was to kill you off, and not even bother scanning you.

I knew that was the plan, but my hope was that after you two were scanned, the seer would turn to us. A long shot, I know, but it was the only thing I had to clear me.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #999
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Does this mean that just ONE letter in the word has to be in that row or column?

Also, does the word have to start with the letter that is outside the grid?
I apologize for the confusion. Most letters used wins. I'm going to fix that in the original post. And yes the words MUST start with the letters on the outside.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:34 AM   #1000
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

GUYS WHO ARE WE VOTING FOR TONIGHT???