Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #10101
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This "Alex Cross" movie with Tyler Perry actually looks pretty decent from the trailers. I'm cautiously optimistic. Plus it seems to be a reboot, so they have a ton of source material to work with.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #10102
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think I am getting too old to be pulling all-nighters for releases at work.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #10103
sabotai
General Manager

As I get older, I'm becoming more and more of a germophobe. I hate shaking hands with people and touching doorknobs (or anything that evena few other people have touched). I'm happy that the temperature has finally gone down so I can just wear gloves all the time and not look crazy.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #10104
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

can u buy hookers with paypal
Old 10-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #10105
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
can u buy hookers with paypal

As long as you use a stolen credit card and a paypal account setup at an internet cafe, I don't see why not.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #10106
molson
General Manager

And speaking of getting older, I just played golf for only the 2nd time in my life, and I am as sore as shit. I never used to just be vaguely all-body sore from physical activity, but now, I'm just done for the day.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #10107
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Fun day.

My seasonal job had a clinic where they rented out a campground for the weekend. Today was my day to go. I drive all the way out there (a little over an hour) only to find out that they changed the location to back at the warehouse. Nobody informed me (only an internal email went out & I wasn't in on Friday when it was sent.)

While that was fun, when I get there I am in a session with some people I don't know. We were all asked to introduce ourselves & the woman sitting next to me does so by stating her name & job, and then that she actually just took another job so we'll be seeing more of her. I found it very interesting because I interviewed for the same position and was waiting to hear about it (hoping I would get it, as it would be full time with benefits instead of just being in a position that will once again go away as soon as things dry up.) So that's how I find out that I don't get the gig. Fuck.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #10108
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And speaking of getting older, I just played golf for only the 2nd time in my life, and I am as sore as shit. I never used to just be vaguely all-body sore from physical activity, but now, I'm just done for the day.

I've never played golf. What's it like attempting to get into the game at an "older" age?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #10109
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I've never played golf. What's it like attempting to get into the game at an "older" age?

SI

It's better and more fun than I thought it would be. I was always reluctant, because I figured everyone would be annoyed by an "older" guy hacking it around and slowing everyone down, but, at least at the public courses and the cheaper private places where you pay by the round, nobody cares, they find your poor play amusing, and I think people like it when there's players worse then them around. And I've found you don't really slow anything down as a bad player - if you keep moving and keep hacking, and actually try and don't screw around - you'll be as fast everyone else.

I've tried to keep an honest score and I like how quickly you can improve from utter crap. I think I got a 190 or something my first time out there (including penalty strokes and whiffs), and this time I shaved more than 30 strokes off that, and had a handful of shots where I actually looked like a golfer.

Last edited by molson : 10-14-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #10110
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I figure I'll be doomed to take it up one day so I should preview what it's like

SI

Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #10111
gstelmack
Pro Starter

My 2nd-grade son signed up for a golf class after school. Fortunately he hasn't asked to go to a course since it ended, although he had lots of fun in the class.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #10112
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This past weekend was one of the most successful weekend in sports from my perspective:

Tigers take two from the Yankees in New York.
Lions win in OT.
Sparty loses in OT.
Michigan blows out Illinois.
All three of my fantasy football teams won.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 10-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #10113
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's better and more fun than I thought it would be. I was always reluctant, because I figured everyone would be annoyed by an "older" guy hacking it around and slowing everyone down, but, at least at the public courses and the cheaper private places where you pay by the round, nobody cares, they find your poor play amusing, and I think people like it when there's players worse then them around. And I've found you don't really slow anything down as a bad player - if you keep moving and keep hacking, and actually try and don't screw around - you'll be as fast everyone else.

I've tried to keep an honest score and I like how quickly you can improve from utter crap. I think I got a 190 or something my first time out there (including penalty strokes and whiffs), and this time I shaved more than 30 strokes off that, and had a handful of shots where I actually looked like a golfer.

Much prefer to play behind a hacker who plays fast than a good player that thinks he's on the tour and takes forever...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #10114
Logan
Head Coach

There hasn't been a single time in my life where I have not been filled with complete apprehension and dread as I watch the coils inside a vending machine spin as my requested snack sits there just hoping to be freed. It's a one second process that feels like 30.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #10115
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Agreed.

Although the notes like "this machine owes me 85 cents" are pretty sad and pathetic.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #10116
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
There hasn't been a single time in my life where I have not been filled with complete apprehension and dread as I watch the coils inside a vending machine spin as my requested snack sits there just hoping to be freed. It's a one second process that feels like 30.

I used to think, "well, I can always just throw another dollar in, then I'll just have one for some other time".....until one day when I did that and BOTH snacks got stuck. I could have tried a third time, but at some point you're just throwing good money after bad.

Last edited by molson : 10-15-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #10117
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Snack machine not your game
Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #10118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Agreed.

Although the notes like "this machine owes me 85 cents" are pretty sad and pathetic.

I used to laugh at those danger/caution signs on the vending machines that show a stick figure dumbass being crushed under a falling machine until I read the other day that that kills like a hundred people per year or something. WTF?!?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #10119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I used to laugh at those danger/caution signs on the vending machines that show a stick figure dumbass being crushed under a falling machine until I read the other day that that kills like a hundred people per year or something. WTF?!?

IIRC, those are all tipping injuries that occur when people are shaking the machine to get something to fall.

But the number I've seen is more like 2-3 per year (in the U.S.). It's usually associated with shark attack deaths, which average less than 1 per year.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #10120
JediKooter
Coordinator

They should put warning labels on sharks.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #10121
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Snack machine not your game

/snacky portion of thread!

SI

Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #10122
Radii
Head Coach

Dad's in the ER tonight, either because mom was flat out negligent, or just incredibly fucking stupid, I am unsure which. My sister and I didn't recognize that something was wrong until it was too late to fix it ourselves. This is a weird mix of extreme anger at mom putting her problems above her terminally ill husband, feeling terrible seeing my already sick dad in even worse shape than usual and feeling like complete shit knowing this never should have happened.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #10123
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Dad's in the ER tonight, either because mom was flat out negligent, or just incredibly fucking stupid, I am unsure which. My sister and I didn't recognize that something was wrong until it was too late to fix it ourselves. This is a weird mix of extreme anger at mom putting her problems above her terminally ill husband, feeling terrible seeing my already sick dad in even worse shape than usual and feeling like complete shit knowing this never should have happened.

Didn't mean to cut that off and leave it vague, had to hop out of the room for them to do an X-Ray. He ran out of one of his prescriptions last week and went without for 5 days. Its a critical one that regulates pituitary gland function, something he lost after brain cancer/radiation to his head many years ago. I check in many times a day to make sure he's eating/drinking/comfortable/getting his meds, but mom puts together his pill boxes and manages refills and that sort of thing, i just check the pill box to make sure he's gotten everything in it each day. It wasn't until he was off the medicine for 4-5 days before he started acting any different, so my sister and I didn't know anything was up. Ugh
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #10124
cuervo72
Head Coach

Bitter, tooth-brushing, cable-having husband makes me smirk every time.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #10125
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

inner monologue watching the 'carrie' trailer

-why?
-it's for teenage girls stupid
-chloe moretz? she's way too pretty
-necessary star power to bring heat to the picture
-shower scene!
-it's pg-13 dummy. and you're a goddamn pedo
-wasn't there a period joke in her last movie?
-sissy spacek was pleasantly weird looking
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #10126
molson
General Manager

I always found it nice how near the end of Return of the Jedi, Vader actually takes a moment to compliment the employee that handed Luke over to him ("Good Work, Commander".) Really though, that guy didn't do shit. Luke surrendered, was totally looking to be handed over, and if he wanted to, he could have easily choked out that guy with the force. There are many, many other Imperial employees who were far more deserving of compliments, and none of them ever got shit.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #10127
JediKooter
Coordinator

He's probably one of Vader's "boys".

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #10128
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
I always found it nice how near the end of Return of the Jedi, Vader actually takes a moment to compliment the employee that handed Luke over to him ("Good Work, Commander".) Really though, that guy didn't do shit. Luke surrendered, was totally looking to be handed over, and if he wanted to, he could have easily choked out that guy with the force. There are many, many other Imperial employees who were far more deserving of compliments, and none of them ever got shit.

Vader can compliment anyone he damn well pleases. If the Imperial soldiers wanted a job were they might find themselves lathered in compliments from the dark side or even one that was grounded in common sense and logic, they should have joined the rebellion.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #10129
Grover
Pro Starter

Just wrote a 1,000 page cause/effect essay on why and what my dog barks at. I had a ton more material I didn't use for this.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #10130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Do you mean 1000 word?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #10131
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Do you mean 1000 word?

I do!

I could probably get 1,000 pages out of it. If I use size 72 font with one word per page.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #10132
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Vader can compliment anyone he damn well pleases. If the Imperial soldiers wanted a job were they might find themselves lathered in compliments from the dark side or even one that was grounded in common sense and logic, they should have joined the rebellion.

It's not like the rebellion guys were super courteous to each other:

Rochester Underground - Rochester's #1 Online Entertainment Magazine! - Family Guy - Luke Skywalker humiliates a rebel pilot

Last edited by molson : 10-17-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #10133
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Found out one of my buddies from high school was killed over the weekend by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan. He was working for the State Department, and only had two months left until he was coming home for good.

Fort Worth native killed by suicide bomber in Afghanistan | Fort Worth | News from Fort ...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #10134
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Good point!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #10135
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
-sissy spacek was pleasantly weird looking

From stills that I've seen, she was not so bad at all in Prime Cut.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #10136
cuervo72
Head Coach

And that is absolutely awful, cartman. Thoughts go out to his family.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #10137
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The Road Runner is a dick.

Wylie is just hungry & doing what he has to for a meal in the desert.

The Road Runner could just run away & be gone. But no... he keeps tormenting him. Coming back to fuck with him.

Prick.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #10138
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

How the hell much money did they spend clearing the music rights for My Name Is Earl?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #10139
Izulde
Head Coach

I can't believe it's taken me this long to watch BrittBritt's "Womanizer" video. It's freaking awesome. (and totes NSFW).

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #10140
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Corollary to the recent "battery store" question...who uses paint stores these days? Seems like Lowe's or HD provide a better one stop shop. I guess people are positively militant about brands? Also noticed Sears is getting out of the paint business.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #10141
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Corollary to the recent "battery store" question...who uses paint stores these days? Seems like Lowe's or HD provide a better one stop shop. I guess people are positively militant about brands? Also noticed Sears is getting out of the paint business.

There was a battery store question?

There's actually a store by my place that sells just batteries. Batteries for basically anything they say. Never actually been in it, but I've always wanted to stop in. It's fairly new (like maybe a year old?). I've always thought it was weird.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #10142
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If Tim Tebow can patent Tebowing, I am going to patent breathing. Gonna be rich soon.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #10143
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
There was a battery store question?

There's actually a store by my place that sells just batteries. Batteries for basically anything they say. Never actually been in it, but I've always wanted to stop in. It's fairly new (like maybe a year old?). I've always thought it was weird.

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Batteries? (Laptop, Cell Phone, Consumer Electronic)

Much like the battery stores, I never see any cars in the paint store parking lot.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #10144
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Another thing.. If I lived in Kinnebunk, I probably would have gotten really involved in Zumba.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #10145
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

There is a battery store near me, and I have been to a few times.

They sell "private label" batteries...40 for $10. I'm assuming much like at grocery stores, the store brand and name brand are the same product, different labels. The past few Christmases I've hit there for the kids toys that are going to eat through batteries.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #10146
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bud Light Lime-a-Rita

Not half bad

(surrenders man card)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #10147
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

My godparents are not in good shape. (They're both near 90)

A few weeks ago something happened with my godfather on a Friday. One of the cousins called on Sunday & there was no answer, so she went to check on them Monday. She found the papers & mail all from Fri & Sat. The police broke in & they found them both on the floor in different parts of the house. They initially thought he was dead, but his breathing was just really shallow. She suffers from dementia, so when he went down she didn't know what to do.

Fast forward a few weeks and she's been doing a lot better. He's been thru several surgeries & is still in rough shape. I just got the call that she now has kidney failure. They've been married nearly forever and are now in separate health facilities. Neither is stable enough to move, so they'll die without seeing each other. If she dies now, he won't even be able to go to her funeral.

They're both Michigan fans, so after work tonight I'm gonna head up to Bay City, MI to see them & talk about the game. One last time...

We're not that close, but I happen to like them. Mortality sucks.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #10148
booradley
High School Varsity

I hate being hot-tempered. I absolutely lit into someone at work for no reason other than I was in a bad mood. I'm old enough to be able to control myself better than that, and yet ...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #10149
JediKooter
Coordinator

Lighten up Francis.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #10150
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
My godparents are not in good shape. (They're both near 90)

A few weeks ago something happened with my godfather on a Friday. One of the cousins called on Sunday & there was no answer, so she went to check on them Monday. She found the papers & mail all from Fri & Sat. The police broke in & they found them both on the floor in different parts of the house. They initially thought he was dead, but his breathing was just really shallow. She suffers from dementia, so when he went down she didn't know what to do.

Fast forward a few weeks and she's been doing a lot better. He's been thru several surgeries & is still in rough shape. I just got the call that she now has kidney failure. They've been married nearly forever and are now in separate health facilities. Neither is stable enough to move, so they'll die without seeing each other. If she dies now, he won't even be able to go to her funeral.

They're both Michigan fans, so after work tonight I'm gonna head up to Bay City, MI to see them & talk about the game. One last time...

We're not that close, but I happen to like them. Mortality sucks.

I dread this happening to my grandparents.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote