Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #1001
Mimic
High School JV

I believe you already know what I am spending my energy and time on.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #1002
Apocolypse
n00b

I do like the idea of Mr. Fantastic and the other scientists using some of their days in the laboratory.
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #1003
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

It seems the danger of joining a team would come during the night. Since we have some time until then, I am willing to try your experiment, Prelate Mimic, and join a team until after the mission is completed. You will show me the benefit, and I will decide whether to remove myself before night.

However, I still do not wish to join against the wishes of Ms. Grey. Perhaps I shall join another team.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #1004
Mimic
High School JV

[ooc]maybe just me, but was the name Apocalypse already taken?[/ooc]
Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #1005
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I believe you already know what I am spending my energy and time on.

I think I missed that. Can you repeat it?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #1006
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
It seems the danger of joining a team would come during the night. Since we have some time until then, I am willing to try your experiment, Prelate Mimic, and join a team until after the mission is completed. You will show me the benefit, and I will decide whether to remove myself before night.

However, I still do not wish to join against the wishes of Ms. Grey. Perhaps I shall join another team.

I urge you to join the Brotherhood for today. Although Jean is wary of your joining, I believe it is only because of your history as a dictator.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #1007
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I think I missed that. Can you repeat it?

I am saving energy to defeat Galactus.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #1008
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
[ooc]maybe just me, but was the name Apocalypse already taken?[/ooc]

Ha - was wondering when this would come up. Typo/brain fart during character creation. Spelling iz hard on teh tubes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #1009
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc-humor] I'm scooting around in my super-cool wheelchair, saving energy to make it super-powered so I can do F1 racing in it... [/ooc-humor]
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #1010
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] does that mean he's not the real Apocalypse and we don't have to listen to him? hehe [/ooc]
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #1011
Firebird
n00b

ooc I didn;t even notice that. Good catch.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #1012
Mimic
High School JV

[ooc]What's the threshold for the next title? I wonder if I'll make it out of n00b status by tonight[/ooc]
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #1013
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I am about to step into my lab for a few hours (ooc: be away from the computer until later tonight). Just in case, I would like to get an attack in so by some chance of fate I am unavailable to later, I won't get penalized.

I stated my concern about Mimic earlier today, and it makes me somewhat uneasy to how quickly he seemed to concede the points I made. I do believe that having a power that requires several days to enact without any "proof" and the end result of such power is a goal that both traitors and loyal alike wish to reach is unsettling as well. At the least it sounds like the power may be duplicated elsewhere, or even improved upon elsewhere by Kang, so is not a total loss if something happens to Mimic either. I am deadset on this attack, however in interest in going where my suspicion lies the greatest, Mimic is who I will target for now. Obviously I can change my mind later if/when I get back if it seems more worthwhile to go elsewhere.

Standard Attack Mimic
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #1014
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I am saving energy to defeat Galactus.

Got it. Is this a certainty, or do you need help?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #1015
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I am about to step into my lab for a few hours (ooc: be away from the computer until later tonight). Just in case, I would like to get an attack in so by some chance of fate I am unavailable to later, I won't get penalized.

I stated my concern about Mimic earlier today, and it makes me somewhat uneasy to how quickly he seemed to concede the points I made. I do believe that having a power that requires several days to enact without any "proof" and the end result of such power is a goal that both traitors and loyal alike wish to reach is unsettling as well. At the least it sounds like the power may be duplicated elsewhere, or even improved upon elsewhere by Kang, so is not a total loss if something happens to Mimic either. I am deadset on this attack, however in interest in going where my suspicion lies the greatest, Mimic is who I will target for now. Obviously I can change my mind later if/when I get back if it seems more worthwhile to go elsewhere.

Standard Attack Mimic

Beware. Your moniker of Fantastic belies your analysis of the day's events. While I have been guilty of not completely reading/understanding the ruleset, my desire is true.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #1016
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

I believe I have it handled, but will keep your offer in mind in the future. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #1017
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I believe I have it handled, but will keep your offer in mind in the future. Thanks!

I meant for the future. I obviously can't help you in saving energy!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #1018
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

But color me more skeptical on this. The more you push everyone out, the less inclined I am to trust you on it. I'm assuming that the threat from Galactus is too large for you to be able to take care of it yourself.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #1019
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

My daughter:

Some in the Brotherhood have discussed this at length. He does need help. He sought it from me and Prelate Grey. I have learned from higher powers that I cannot provide him with the help he needs.

I realize that I have been linked with Mimic in public in ways that cast doubt on myself. I post this knowing that I am boosting that doubt. But I genuinely believe that he can defeat Galactus with the proper assistance. I do not know, definitively, what that assistance may be. Neither does he, for that matter.

I also do not know whether Mimic is a member of the rebellion. Since both the rebels and those loyal to Apocalypse require the defeat of Galactus, I do not confuse his commitment to this project with loyalty to the cause.

Your own extremely unique abilities could, potentially, be of assistance to Mimic.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #1020
hoopsguy
General Manager

Last call for actions, energy points, etc for Missions. Less than 30 minutes to deadline.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #1021
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
But color me more skeptical on this. The more you push everyone out, the less inclined I am to trust you on it. I'm assuming that the threat from Galactus is too large for you to be able to take care of it yourself.

Are you colored scarlet? *ba-da dum*

I don't blame you at all for thinking this way. I would as well.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #1022
JeanGrey
Mascot

Is there anyone who should be on a mission who is not? I worry about our Galacticus mission at this point.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #1023
ProfessorX
Mascot

I very much worry about our Galactacus mission. If I had a useful skillset I would be willing to lend a hand there, unfortunately I think I would be useless.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #1024
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom too is skeptical of Mimic's claims and the way he is mysteriously attempting to organize affairs. While he may be working for the greater good, we at least have Kang also claiming to be able to stop Galactus. I will wait however to target any attack.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #1025
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Doom too is skeptical of Mimic's claims and the way he is mysteriously attempting to organize affairs. While he may be working for the greater good, we at least have Kang also claiming to be able to stop Galactus. I will wait however to target any attack.
Mimic's plan is a valid one. He needs to the right person to help, and that person isn't anyone on the team. You might be that person. I would welcome you to the team, on a short term basis at least, to find out if you are that person.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #1026
Punisher
High School JV

Heavy hitting for today's mission?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #1027
Firebird
n00b

I hestitate to come out on one side or another based on an ability which may or may not be proven later. There just are too many unknowns yet for me to draw conclusions.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #1028
Punisher
High School JV

[ooc]laptop not working too well right now[/ooc]

JOIN MISSION

if possible
Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #1029
Punisher
High School JV

[ooc]someone let me know if joining the mission is a bad idea. I have a few minutes./ooc
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #1030
JeanGrey
Mascot

I worry about my ability to help, but I need to put-up or shut-up

Join Galactus Mission
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #1031
ProfessorX
Mascot

punisher - you should specify which mission

i also think maybe our available prelates/apoc should consider reassigning people AWAY from the attack on galactacus (if there are just two or three) - otherwise we are commiting them to what is in all probability a losing cause and they will suffer needlessly for it
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #1032
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
[ooc]someone let me know if joining the mission is a bad idea. I have a few minutes./ooc
We've got a lot of people there. Hard to know how much energy though. If you think your attacks will be especially helpful on robots, stay where you are. If not perhaps think about joining the Galactus mission instead.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #1033
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
punisher - you should specify which mission

i also think maybe our available prelates/apoc should consider reassigning people AWAY from the attack on galactacus (if there are just two or three) - otherwise we are commiting them to what is in all probability a losing cause and they will suffer needlessly for it
We all suffer if we don't stop Galactus. An effort must be made, I feel.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #1034
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Your own extremely unique abilities could, potentially, be of assistance to Mimic.

I suspect so as well, but that's not the story I'm hearing from him. Maybe you Brothers should get your story straight.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #1035
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I have grave concerns as well about Mimic, but I'm being called away on an urgent errand, and do not wish to be a part of the runaway train on him.

I may be able to return before deadline, but if not I shall present another viable option:

ATTACK GAMBIT STANDARD
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #1036
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

There are 9 minutes to go. Does somebody think my fire made a difference yesterday on Galactus? If so, I'll go too.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #1037
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
I suspect so as well, but that's not the story I'm hearing from him. Maybe you Brothers should get your story straight.
There are differing thoughts about which people have the skills he'll need. It's not a matter of getting our story straight, it's a matter of differing opinions. I think all of the brothers agree that his mission concept is valid, however. That is where we show our unity.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #1038
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I have grave concerns as well about Mimic, but I'm being called away on an urgent errand, and do not wish to be a part of the runaway train on him.

I may be able to return before deadline, but if not I shall present another viable option:

ATTACK GAMBIT STANDARD
Why is this another option?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #1039
Punisher
High School JV

Specifically, I want to blow up the robots.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1040
Punisher
High School JV

ooc sorry kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeyboard issus.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #1041
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Perhaps Vision shares my suspicions of Gambit's actions this afternoon. I may target the Cajun as well, as I hesitate to target Mimic given the possible importance of his abilities. Doom also suspects Silver Samurai but has seen little of him today.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #1042
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I will not take up any team invitation at this moment. Doom will watch and ponder as there is much to distrust. If the goals of these teams becomes clearer to me I will join tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #1043
hoopsguy
General Manager

Posting Galactus first, then sending PMs on Mission.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #1044
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
There are differing thoughts about which people have the skills he'll need. It's not a matter of getting our story straight, it's a matter of differing opinions. I think all of the brothers agree that his mission concept is valid, however. That is where we show our unity.

I'll put it this way. If it's a sure thing, you don't need me. If it's not, I can help. You blokes can think about it and hit me up tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #1045
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
I'll put it this way. If it's a sure thing, you don't need me. If it's not, I can help. You blokes can think about it and hit me up tomorrow.
That seems like double talk. The plan itself is hardly a sure thing. But it's a very good plan. Mimic will need soemone else's assistance to make it happen. The person with the right skills might be you. Might not be you, too. That's what we don't know.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #1046
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I have far more confidence in your abilities, daughter, than I do in the unstable Doom's.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #1047
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
That seems like double talk. The plan itself is hardly a sure thing. But it's a very good plan. Mimic will need soemone else's assistance to make it happen. The person with the right skills might be you. Might not be you, too. That's what we don't know.

Mimic suggested earlier I might have the skills to help. What shall I do to confirm that?
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #1048
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Mimic suggested earlier I might have the skills to help. What shall I do to confirm that?
He has a better sense of this and so I'll let him respond.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #1049
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

If you're looking for someone specific, it's probably not me. Very well.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #1050
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Hulk is first in line to battle Galactus, something that leaves everyone feeling good after seeing his power up-close yesterday during his brief encounter with Apocalypse. Perhaps that is why no one else follows - they do not want to get too close to the formidable green goliath.

However, as the moment nears several volunteers emerge. The forces may not be as imposing as the cadre assembled yesterday, but there is a fluidness to their movements. The group seems to be more in sync than yesterday, but there is not enough might to win on this day. Silver Surfer and Colossus deliver resounding blows, the combined might of which could shatter a small mountain, but the World-Eater is not cowed. Jean Grey attempts a mental assault, which serves as a momentary distraction while Hulk closes in and lays into the ankle of Galactus. The Human Torch uses his flame powers on the machinery, which today appears to have some type of self-repair capabilities.

The battle again ends with a wave of force rudely dismissing the foes of Galactus. He stares down at the planet for several minutes afterwards, and then turns back to a new section of his machine.